Love Letters to My Husband: Saint Gianna Beretta Molla

Love Letters to My Husband: Saint Gianna Beretta Molla

4.0 of 5 stars 4.00  ·  rating details  ·  38 ratings  ·  4 reviews
An attractive woman. Physician. Mother of four. Enthusiastic downhill skier. Experienced mountain climber. Opera aficionada. Passionate for her husband. Single-minded toward her children. Uncompromising for her patients. In 1962, she made a quiet, heroic choice. In 1994, the Church proclaimed her blessed.
Published December 31st 2002 by Pauline Books & Media (first published April 2002)

Lisa
I would have like to have read more of Pietro's letters, to see the whole of the correspondence unfold. I wonder if they're archieved somewhere?... Maybe I should read Saint Gianna Molla Wife Mother Doctor
Christian Engler
The love letters of St. Gianna Beretta Molla and her husband, Pietro, are very engaging in their offering of mini geographic profiles of their environment--Ponte Nuovo and Courmayeur--as well the workings of a genuinely healthy and sincere Catholic-Christian oriented marriage. Just a brief insight on the type of woman and wife that Gianna hungered to be is cited by her own example in the Book of Porverbs 31:10-31--"I often meditate on the text [assoicated with] St. Anne: 'A strong woman, who wil...more
Mary
Jan 12, 2008 Mary rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: everyone -- married or not
I am LOVING this book ... I read a half-dozen to a dozen of these amazing letters St. Gianna wrote to her husband. Her life was pretty tough -- full of illness and separation and death -- and yet she is ALWAYS so full of joy.

This is definitely one to read and re-read. Also, this would be a great book for parishes to give to their Pre-Cana attendees!
Lucia
This was my second time reading this book, but since I'm getting married in just a couple of weeks, I thought it would be worth it to re-read the letters of a modern-day, married Saint. It was. I hope I can live out my married life with the same spirit and faithfulness as Gianna and Pietro.
Margaret
Margaret marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2014
Sara Huggett
Sara Huggett marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2014
Beth
Beth marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2014
Minu Alex
Minu Alex is currently reading it
Jul 17, 2014
Addie
Addie added it
Jul 11, 2014
Heather Q
Heather Q marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2014
Andrea Francois
Andrea Francois marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2014
Jessen
Jessen marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2014
Megan
Megan marked it as to-read
May 30, 2014
Kate
Kate marked it as to-read
May 29, 2014
Chris
Chris marked it as to-read
May 01, 2014
Marie
Marie marked it as to-read
Mar 16, 2014
Joyce
Joyce added it
Feb 13, 2014
Amelia
Amelia marked it as to-read
Jan 25, 2014
Susan Toastgal
Susan Toastgal marked it as to-read
Dec 23, 2013
Melanie
Melanie marked it as to-read
Dec 13, 2013
Lucy Cherian
Lucy Cherian marked it as to-read
Nov 26, 2013
Irene Koo
Irene Koo marked it as to-read
Nov 20, 2013