Start by marking “The New Girl (Sweet Valley Twins, #6)” as Want to Read:
The New Girl (Sweet Valley Twins, #6)

The New Girl (Sweet Valley Twins #6)

3.61  ·  Rating Details ·  1,017 Ratings  ·  18 Reviews
Identical twins Elizabeth and Jessica Wakefield don't always agree on things - until Brooke Dennis arrives at Sweet Valley. Both twins agree that she's horrible. She snaps at everyone who tries to be nice to her and she's constantly saying mean things to people.

To get even with Brooke, the twins invent a third lookalike sister whom they call Jennifer. Pretty soon all of Sw

Published February 1st 1987 by Bantam

To ask other readers questions about The New Girl, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The New Girl

Tara Calaby
Sweet Valley Twins books have a fine tradition of bullying, so there's no surprise at all to discover that the sixth book in the series involves the entire population of Sweet Valley Middle School ganging up on one girl. She's a new girl, too, which is distinctly reminiscent of book two, but this time the reason for the vendetta is not a pair of scary (read: old and disabled) grandparents, but rather the behaviour of the girl herself. This is what makes The New Girl a much better book than The H ...more
Sarah Crawford
Jan 15, 2016 Sarah Crawford rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Brooke Dennis is the new girl in town. Her father works with scripts and other things Hollywood. Her mother had divorced her father and moved away, remarried, and is building another family. Brooke's attitude towards Elizabeth, Jessica and all the other students is extremely nasty. She is so nasty that even Elizabeth, the twin who is as nice as can be, agrees to a surprise that will put Brooke into her place.

The problem arises when Elizabeth uncovers the reasons why Brooke is so terribly nasty t
Yesenia Vizcaya
Oct 09, 2013 Yesenia Vizcaya rated it really liked it
"The New Girl" by Francine Pascal is about two twins Elizabeth and Jessica Wakefield and the new girl brook Dennis. In this realistic novel Brooke is mean and rude to everyone she tells on people and ruins book posters. She hates everyone but the two people she hates the most are the twins. After a while of dealing with brook n her nasty ways they decide to get back at her. What happens when two twins become three triplets? Find out by reading "The New Girl".

I liked this book because it would ke
Victoria
The new girl in question here is Brooke Dennis, the daughter of a famous Hollywood screenwriter as well as being a rather snotty brat. Jessica quickly comes up with a scheme to put Brooke in her place - the Wakefield twins are no longer twins - now “Jennifer” is their triplet. Even the good Elizabeth gets in on the plot! “Jennifer” soon becomes “Disgusting Dennis”’s only friend, and the whole sixth grade enjoys snickering about it. Elizabeth, though under the guise of “Jennifer,” discovers the r ...more
Myah
Nov 16, 2015 Myah rated it really liked it
Brooke Dennis moves to Sweet Valley in this Sweet Valley Twins book. Brooke is really mean. She talks meanly to every student at Sweet Valley. Then the school wants revenge. All of a sudden the Wakefield twins go from twins to triplets, or so Brooke thinks they're triplets. This Sweet Valley Twins was very good. It shows that you never know what is really going on in someone's life and you should never judge a book by its cover.
Jessica
Jan 21, 2013 Jessica rated it it was ok
Yay, catty, bitchy, 12 year olds who act like they're 17! Even the kiddie versions of the Wakefields are horrid. They're so pretty and perfect. Blech. Again, standard ghost-written kiddie series fare. I vaugely remember reading this one as a kid.
TRACEY
Jan 25, 2014 TRACEY rated it liked it
Shelves: guilty-pleasure
This one was sO sCanDaLoUS and had a pretty decent outcome, but the fact that hating your home life doesn't give you free rein to be an asshole should have also been incorporated into the moral of the story

But you can't expect that much from a story about privileged ass mayonnaise kids \_(ツ)_/
Sheila Read
Jun 22, 2013 Sheila Read rated it it was amazing
I remember the cover but just not the story.
Forever Young Adult
Graded By: Erin

Read the drinking game and review here.
Valerie (He Said Books Or Me)
Jan 05, 2015 Valerie (He Said Books Or Me) rated it really liked it
These were my favorites, along with the Babysitters Club in 5th-6th grade. I think my group of friends and I would take turns reading them and discussing. It was like our first book club!
Heather
From "Books I have read this summer" list I found at home in NJ, written in my 9-yr-old handwriting!
Justine
Jun 12, 2009 Justine rated it liked it
This book was more and more exciting as I read it!
Sally
The first Sweet Valley book I ever read, and it's awesome! Oh my those twins could both be so mean!
Catherine
Jan 06, 2017 Catherine rated it it was amazing
My favourite book series when I was at primary school - what can I say, I'm a big kid who still enjoyed reading this one.
Cws
Feb 05, 2009 Cws added it
Shelves: jar-fiction
JAR4-Pas
Jodie
Oct 24, 2010 Jodie rated it really liked it
Shelves: the-early-years
I can not think of a scenario that Francine Pascal did not cover in these books. I just loved them.
Stephanie Toogood
Stephanie Toogood rated it really liked it
Jan 10, 2013
Angelica Rocha
Angelica Rocha rated it liked it
Jan 07, 2017
Naomi Carlin
Naomi Carlin rated it really liked it
Dec 21, 2016
Amy Davis
Amy Davis rated it liked it
Mar 07, 2017
Cindi
Cindi rated it liked it
Dec 05, 2015
Fairyinahobbithouse
Fairyinahobbithouse rated it it was amazing
Jan 17, 2011
Gabriela
Gabriela rated it really liked it
Oct 20, 2013
Kristin
Kristin rated it really liked it
Apr 26, 2011
Nicole
Nicole rated it liked it
Sep 20, 2012
Shilpa bagla
Shilpa bagla rated it it was ok
Feb 14, 2014
Windy Lisardo
Windy Lisardo rated it really liked it
Jul 11, 2015
Hiba
Hiba rated it really liked it
Jul 12, 2016
Sydonia Lucchesi
Sydonia Lucchesi rated it liked it
Sep 08, 2012
  • Mary Anne's Bad-Luck Mystery (The Baby-Sitters Club, #17)
Francine Pascal (May 13, 1938— ) is an American author best known for creating the Sweet Valley series of novels. In 1982 she created the characters and the stories for the first six books and her agent, Amy Berkower of Writers House sold them to Bantam Books. Book number one is mostly written by Ms. Pascal. From then on she wrote the stories for every book ever published in the series. After the ...more
More about Francine Pascal...

Sweet Valley Twins (1 - 10 of 123 books)
  • Best Friends (Sweet Valley Twins, #1)
  • Teacher's Pet (Sweet Valley Twins, #2)
  • The Haunted House (Sweet Valley Twins, #3)
  • Choosing Sides (Sweet Valley Twins, #4)
  • Sneaking Out (Sweet Valley Twins, #5)
  • Three's a Crowd (Sweet Valley Twins, #7)
  • First Place (Sweet Valley Twins, #8)
  • Against the Rules (Sweet Valley Twins, #9)
  • One of the Gang (Sweet Valley Twins, #10)
  • Buried Treasure (Sweet Valley Twins, #11)