Start by marking “The New Girl (Sweet Valley Twins, #6)” as Want to Read:
The New Girl (Sweet Valley Twins, #6)

The New Girl (Sweet Valley Twins #6)

3.49 of 5 stars 3.49  ·  rating details  ·  780 ratings  ·  14 reviews
Identical twins Elizabeth and Jessica Wakefield don't always agree on things - until Brooke Dennis arrives at Sweet Valley. Both twins agree that she's horrible. She snaps at everyone who tries to be nice to her and she's constantly saying mean things to people.

To get even with Brooke, the twins invent a third lookalike sister whom they call Jennifer. Pretty soon all of Sw

Published February 1st 1987 by Bantam (first published January 1st 1987)

To ask other readers questions about The New Girl, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The New Girl

Yesenia Vizcaya
"The New Girl" by Francine Pascal is about two twins Elizabeth and Jessica Wakefield and the new girl brook Dennis. In this realistic novel Brooke is mean and rude to everyone she tells on people and ruins book posters. She hates everyone but the two people she hates the most are the twins. After a while of dealing with brook n her nasty ways they decide to get back at her. What happens when two twins become three triplets? Find out by reading "The New Girl".

I liked this book because it would ke
The new girl in question here is Brooke Dennis, the daughter of a famous Hollywood screenwriter as well as being a rather snotty brat. Jessica quickly comes up with a scheme to put Brooke in her place - the Wakefield twins are no longer twins - now “Jennifer” is their triplet. Even the good Elizabeth gets in on the plot! “Jennifer” soon becomes “Disgusting Dennis”’s only friend, and the whole sixth grade enjoys snickering about it. Elizabeth, though under the guise of “Jennifer,” discovers the r ...more
Tara Calaby
Gee, those Sweet Valley Middle School kids really don't like an outsider! Okay, in this case, the outsider is a complete brat, but the only time sixth grade is united is when they're ganging up on someone - and this time even Elizabeth is involved.

This is quite a fun one, what with Jennifer and her ever-present bow.

This one was sO sCanDaLoUS and had a pretty decent outcome, but the fact that hating your home life doesn't give you free rein to be an asshole should have also been incorporated into the moral of the story

But you can't expect that much from a story about privileged ass mayonnaise kids \_(ツ)_/
Yay, catty, bitchy, 12 year olds who act like they're 17! Even the kiddie versions of the Wakefields are horrid. They're so pretty and perfect. Blech. Again, standard ghost-written kiddie series fare. I vaugely remember reading this one as a kid.
Valerie (He Said Books Or Me)
These were my favorites, along with the Babysitters Club in 5th-6th grade. I think my group of friends and I would take turns reading them and discussing. It was like our first book club!
Forever Young Adult
Graded By: Erin

Read the drinking game and review here.
The first Sweet Valley book I ever read, and it's awesome! Oh my those twins could both be so mean!
From "Books I have read this summer" list I found at home in NJ, written in my 9-yr-old handwriting!
I can not think of a scenario that Francine Pascal did not cover in these books. I just loved them.
This book was more and more exciting as I read it!
Sheila Read
I remember the cover but just not the story.
i think we all know a girl like this
Feb 05, 2009 Cws added it
Shelves: jar-fiction
Mary added it
Oct 06, 2015
Cesar Alexander
Cesar Alexander marked it as to-read
Oct 01, 2015
Shawna added it
Sep 24, 2015
Lauren marked it as to-read
Sep 22, 2015
Brandy Mincey-Tackett
Brandy Mincey-Tackett marked it as to-read
Sep 20, 2015
  • Dawn on the Coast (The Baby-Sitters Club, #23)
Francine Pascal (May 13, 1938— ) is an American author best known for creating the Sweet Valley series of novels. In 1982 she created the characters and the stories for the first six books and her agent, Amy Berkower of Writers House sold them to Bantam Books. Book number one is mostly written by Ms. Pascal. From then on she wrote the stories for every book ever published in the series. After the ...more
More about Francine Pascal...

Sweet Valley Twins (1 - 10 of 123 books)
  • Best Friends (Sweet Valley Twins, #1)
  • Teacher's Pet (Sweet Valley Twins, #2)
  • The Haunted House (Sweet Valley Twins, #3)
  • Choosing Sides (Sweet Valley Twins, #4)
  • Sneaking Out (Sweet Valley Twins, #5)
  • Three's a Crowd (Sweet Valley Twins, #7)
  • First Place (Sweet Valley Twins, #8)
  • Against the Rules (Sweet Valley Twins, #9)
  • One of the Gang (Sweet Valley Twins, #10)
  • Buried Treasure (Sweet Valley Twins, #11)
Best Friends (Sweet Valley Twins, #1) Double Love (Sweet Valley High, #1) Fearless (Fearless, #1) Sweet Valley Confidential: Ten Years Later Secrets (Sweet Valley High, #2)