Start by marking “The Drop 10 Diet: Add to Your Plate to Lose the Weight” as Want to Read:
The Drop 10 Diet: Add to Your Plate to Lose the Weight

The Drop 10 Diet: Add to Your Plate to Lose the Weight

These days, we’re constantly bombarded with trendy, restrictive diets that instruct us to “Eat only this” or “Give up that”—diets that ultimately fail when you find that you can’t sacrifice the foods you love. But now you can lose weight without deprivation: Lucy Danziger, editor in chief of SELF magazine, and her team of nutrition experts have created the ultimate flexibl ...more
Published March 20th 2012 by Ballantine Books (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about The Drop 10 Diet, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Drop 10 Diet

Natasha  A.
Apr 14, 2012 Natasha A. rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: library, 2012
I really enjoyed the first 3/4 of this book. I found the talk of superfoods very informative. I liked learning about what foods can do for you and what to eat to get what.
The ideas for the meals are very simple and quick.
The exercise portion of the book - well didn't really do it for me. But I could easily incorporate a different regime.
I can't wait to start putting some of this into my daily food intake!
Jun 05, 2012 Jennifer rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This has great information specifically with fruits and vegetables. Each chapter is filled with information on cooking tips, trim-down tips and examples of what eating the fruit/veggie can do for you. I purchased this on my Kindle, rather than a book form. I had to go back through and bookmark areas I wanted to save since I couldn't "dog tag". If you are about to read, start bookmarking in the beginning. This way it is easier to go back and get recipes, information, etc.
Cara Ellison
I was intrigued by the idea of "super foods" and since I am trying to learn more about nutrition, I thought this seemed like a harmless way to wade into the subject. Very informative, not too technical. Made me crave blueberries, so I guess that's a good thing.
Barbara
Another diet book, but this one has a few good idea. The author shows how to incorporate superfoods. Some good recipes. I wish I had a dollar for every "diet" book I've read.
Mckinley
Not anything new here - watch what you eat and get some exercise. I am typically leary of lay people talking about "super-foods" and all the hype that's been going on with them for the last decade. Some different recipes to try. Same with the cookbook edition.
Framed up by editor of a women's magazine. No harm jumping on the band wagon and repacking information to sell a book - what an editor should be good at (!). And she's found ways to market 2 books on the same stuff - there's a cookbook edit
Amy "the book-bat"
OK, so I didn't read everything in the book (I skipped the chapters on exercise), but the parts I did read made a lot of sense. By using the 30 "superfoods" listed, you can eat and lose weight. I liked that each superfood had its own few pages to explain the benefits and how it works to help with weight loss. I also like that you don't have to eat all 30 foods and there is no rigid rules to follow as far as what to eat and when, which makes this very flexible for people with active lifestyles. T ...more
Amy Gonzalez
Feb 20, 2013 Amy Gonzalez rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: people who rarely eat fruits and vegetables but like the idea
Shelves: health
The title sounds like a typical gimmicky diet book, but it is more of an introduction to well-balanced eating. I used to stick to the same vegetables and rarely ate fruit, before I read this book. Lucy Danziger encourages people like me to begin trying new food by offering different ways to prepare them. Every recipe I have tried in this book has been stellar, from homemade kale chips to vegetable meatloaf (yes, still w/meat!) I have found them all to be delicious.
Even more useful, is the inform
Kate
May 29, 2013 Kate rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent tip: If it can live for longer than six months in a box, I probably don't want it in my body! How simple is that? Simple but true!! Lucy's tips and superfood info in this book are total no brainers and sooo true! True fact: I stopped eating most boxed foods & per packaged frozen meals in January 2012; I am now twenty pounds thinner after making several healthy changes. I love when she says if you can grow it, it's basically unlimited! Her recipes and ideas are fantastic. Oh! Have y ...more
Dr.Given
Jul 02, 2012 Dr.Given rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is definitely for readers who are NOT diet people. Clearly written and a sensible and realistic approach to eating better, incorporating manageable exercise and losing weight, if that's one's goal. This book differentiates for people who like low maintenance approaches to making improvements in their approach to eating and offers options for those ready to take it to the next level. Good mix of research and common sense.
Kerri
Jul 21, 2012 Kerri rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction, diet
This diet book lists 30 superfoods. But like most diet books, it basically comes down to making healthier choices and portion control. However, there are some really great recipes ideas. I tried and liked the following:
- Asian Peanut Pasta
- Sweet and Spicy Seeds

Nichole
Oct 15, 2013 Nichole rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cookbooks
Common sense book about eating whole foods. I enjoyed this book because the author tells you the benefits of each food and then gives you recipes that either highlight the flavor or hide the flavor. Since reading this book, I created a list of the "Super Foods" that I use each week and check off the "Super Foods" that I eat- I try and get at least 25/30 every week (and even repeat some).
Wfiles
Apr 23, 2012 Wfiles rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: health
The Drop 10 diet is based around 30 superfoods. I really liked it becuause these are things normal people would really eat! I was surprised to find that steak, chocolate (dark), and other desserts are on the menu. The smoothies are awsome. There is also a pretty intense workout included that is designed to give you real results.
Zelda
Aug 08, 2012 Zelda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nothing new here. But I like the flexible meal plans and ideas. LIke the idea of roll-over calories. Less focus on macronutrient ratios which is making me crazy and not aiding in weight loss at all. This is closer to what I was doing before which kept my weight steady for 10 years.
Linda
Aug 24, 2012 Linda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: a-better-me
This informative books helped me to rememeber that it's all about eating the right foods and the right portions. Some interesting recipes are also included in the book. MMMM Now we'll have to see if it helps!
Lisa
Mar 29, 2012 Lisa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: diet-fitness
tons of encouragement to eat the fruits and veggies I love. Also kick started my workouts again. Reminder to all you busy folks, you can get a good workout in about 30 minutes if you do strength/ cardio intervals.
Deborah
There is little new in this book to anyone who has read books on Superfoods before although it is better written than most.
Bethany Zimbauer mayer
This was informative and flexible. I've started this program and have lost 4 lbs in less than 2 weeks so far! I'm enjoying most of the superfoods and learning moderation on my "treats".
Kara
Jul 10, 2012 Kara rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good, common sense approaches to healthy eating. Recipes look good (haven't tried them yet).
Trish
Sep 23, 2012 Trish rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nonfiction, 2012
This book has lots of good tips. It seems very easy to follow and live by. I just wish the recipe part was set up better.
Jane
Jun 12, 2012 Jane rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-read-2012
Easy to read and lots of good information about the science behind the food, but if you already get the magazine it's probably not worth buying it - go to the library instead.
Joanne
Joanne rated it really liked it
Feb 18, 2013
Erin
Erin rated it really liked it
Apr 13, 2013
Christina
Christina rated it really liked it
Aug 21, 2012
Stephanie
Stephanie rated it liked it
Apr 15, 2012
Natalie
Natalie rated it it was ok
Feb 08, 2014
Kelly
Kelly rated it really liked it
Dec 25, 2013
Ashley Phipps
Ashley Phipps rated it it was amazing
Oct 09, 2016
Rachel A. Despins
Rachel A. Despins rated it really liked it
Aug 14, 2015
Lauren Tinsley
Lauren Tinsley rated it liked it
Jul 10, 2016
Valerie
Valerie rated it it was amazing
Sep 24, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • This Is Why You're Fat (And How to Get Thin Forever): Eat More, Cheat More, Lose More--and Keep the Weight Off
  • Coach Yourself Thin: Five Steps to Retrain Your Mind, Reclaim Your Power, and Lose the Weight for Good
  • You Are Not What You Weigh: End Your War With Food and Discover Your True Value
  • Cooking from the Farmers' Market
  • Shrink Yourself: Break Free from Emotional Eating Forever
  • The Dirt-Cheap Green Thumb: 400 Thrifty Tips for Saving Money, Time, and Resources as You Garden
  • The Skinnygirl Rules: For Getting and Staying Naturally Thin
  • Choose to Lose: The 7-Day Carb Cycle Solution
  • Watch Me (Stepping Up Trilogy, #1)
  • The EveryGirl's Guide to Diet and Fitness: How I Learned to Eat Right, Dropped 40 Pounds, and Took Control of My Life-- And How You Can Too!
  • Ultimate Leadership: Winning Execution Strategies for Your Situation
  • The Chicks with Sticks Guide to Crochet: Learn to Crochet with More Than Thirty Cool, Easy Patterns
  • Meals That Heal Inflammation: Embrace Healthy Living and Eliminate Pain, One Meal at a Time
  • The Venetian's Daring Seduction (Italian Billionaires #2)
  • Captain of My Heart (Heroes of the Sea, #2)
  • Playing With Fire
  • Protector's Mate (Werewolf Mates, #2)
  • Made to Crave Devotional: 60 Days to Craving God, Not Food