Start by marking “The Fearless Maverick” as Want to Read:
The Fearless Maverick

The Fearless Maverick (Bad Blood/The Notorious Wolfes #4)

3.65  ·  Rating Details  ·  307 Ratings  ·  32 Reviews

Driven to succeed, Alex's only desire is to win, win, win—at all costs! A champion racecar driver, he lives like he drives—fast, reckless and always number one. But after a huge crash, with his racing career facing ruin, Alex must confront his biggest fear: failure.

Published (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The Fearless Maverick, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Fearless Maverick

Danielle The Book Huntress (Self-Proclaimed Book Ninja)
I wasn't that keen on reading this book. I am not into sportspeople as a rule, particularly race-car drivers (Sorry, they do nothing for me!). I mainly read this because it's part of the Notorious Wolfes series and I didn't want to read the series out of order.

I ended up liking it more than I thought. Alex had more depth than I expected, and I really liked Libby. Alex as a race-car driver is a metaphor for trying to outrun the pain in his past. Eventually he comes to realize that he has to slow
Ridley
It brings me absolutely no joy to say I hated this book. I can't think of any book I wanted to love more than this book. More than anything, I wanted this to be a heartfelt story with a positive portrayal of disability so I could write a glowing review to counteract the ignorant, hateful and all around offensive reviews it received from thoughtless readers.

Unfortunately, it's a horrendously poor portrayal of living with a disability and a shitty book to boot.

The author projected her own revulsi
Tammy Walton Grant
Fast on the heels of the wallpaper Bollywood star comes the wallpaper amputee physiotherapist.

Book #4 of the Bad Blood Harlequin series is titled "The Fearless Maverick" and is the story of ubermasculine (seriously, that's how the heroine thinks of him on first meeting) multi-millionaire playboy and race car driver, Alex Wolfe.

What he races is anyone's guess (Formula, NASCAR, smash up derby, go-karts???) but there's tons of money involved. Alex crashes his car, has a spectacular wreck and part
Ana
Alex is a famous race car driver aiming for his third World Championship title, when he has an accident on the track. The doctors won't let him drive unless he gets an okay from a physio therapist. His answer to that: find a female that he could bribe/seduce into declaring him fit. That didn't go as planned. First Libby is not a kind of person accept bribes and won't do anything that could later on destroy his career. And next to that he starts to fall for her. Throughout the book he treats her ...more
Saly
My favorite quote:
Oh, there won’t be much need for clothes,’ she said, stopping before the front doors. ‘On your part, at least.’

Alex Wolfe is a famous race-car driver and Anabelle's twin(their father attacked her). He because of lack of concentration and thinking about Jacob's return is involved in a car-crash and needs therapy. Our heroine Libby is a therapist but that's not all she is, she was a world-class surf champion with a champion fiancee when she had a terrible accident that ended her
RLA
Jun 08, 2011 RLA rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The story begins with the hero Alex, a famous racing car driver, being involved in a crash after becoming distracted with his memories of his dark childhood, caused by learning about his eldest brother Jacob's return. Due to an injury he is told he will not race for a while and will need physiotherapy treatment and sign off before his return. Alex's solution to get back to racing as quickly as possible is to find a [female] physiotherapist who will not be able to resist his charms, in the hope h ...more
Nas Dean
Aug 10, 2011 Nas Dean rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fearless Maverick is from Mills and Boon Modern, new series BAD BLOOD and it would also release as Harlequin Presents. There are altogether eight volume in this series which track the lives of a powerful dynasty, where secrets and scandals never sleep, The Notorious Wolfes.

FEARLESS MAVERICK is one brother’s story by the fabulous Robyn Grady.

Dorothy Bramich
Sep 01, 2014 Dorothy Bramich rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
No wonder this won the Ruby for Short Sexy Category. Engaging, lovable characters who are falling in love but have serious problems to overcome. A wounded hero and heroine who have it in them to save each other makes an emotionally satisfying and heart lifting story. I'll be rereading this book.
Bukola
Dare-Devil, bad boy, Alex Wolfe lives for the thrill and excitement of racing and winning. But unfortunately this is all threatened when he is injured during a race and must take some time off to recuperate. Unwilling to admit defeat Alex will to do anything to get back to the world of racing, even if it means seducing his Physiotherapist Libby Henderson.

Unable to pursue her dreams any longer, Libby has now devoted her career to helping elite athletes get back into shape to pursue theirs.

From th
Sincere
Mar 24, 2014 Sincere rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
(official plot blurb)
Driven to succeed, Alex's only desire is to win, win, win—at all costs! A champion race-car driver, he lives like he drives—fast, reckless and always number one. But after a huge crash, with his racing career facing ruin, Alex must confront his biggest fear: failure. Physio Libby Henderson is there to help him get back to fitness, and all Alex wants to do is get physical! Libby's dealt with more challenging things in life, but it's taking all of her professionalism to keep t
Baseballmom
Nov 01, 2014 Baseballmom rated it it was amazing
Where The Sand And Asphalt Meet.....d;)

I loved this!! The h was a feisty, spunky, modern girl who had to rebuild her life after tragedy struck. She wasn't looking for love, but when it raced in 100 mph, she took a chance and wouldn't settle for less than everything. The H used his racing career as a means to escape his dark childhood. The H was a good guy and he cared about the h. After some soul searching, and meeting his past, he realized there were more important things than a checkered flag.
Makii
Jul 20, 2012 Makii rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cada libro vamos conociendo un poco mas a los hermanos Wolfe, y todos son encantadores, sexys y te enamoran. Sin embargo, Alex es hasta ahora el que mejor me cayó. Si bien el vivió todo el drama de ser el hijo de WW, y estar rodeado de violencia, dolor, no conocer a su madre y demás, el todo lo vivio...diferente. Hermano gemelo de Annabella, unidos no solo por la sangre sino por ser uno el complemento del otro, todo lo que paso esa noche le pesa de una manera diferente.
"–Oh, Alex, no importa lo
Deasy
May 07, 2013 Deasy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: hq, own-books
Setelah baca 2 buku seri ke 2 dan ke 3, buku ini jadi menarik buat dibaca.

Alex, pembalap juara dunia, mengalami kecelakaan karena kehilangan konsentrasi sesaat. Sangat beruntung dia ga apa-apa. Hanya bahu kanannya cedera, sehingga harus diterapi.

Libby, seorang mantan juara dunia selancar, yang sudah beralih profesi menjadi terapis bersertifikat, dikontrak untuk menjadi terapis Alex.

Alex yang terbiasa tak terbantahkan, harus menuruti Libby. Perlahan tapi pasti ada ketertarikan di antara kedua
Negesse Lakay
Sep 16, 2014 Negesse Lakay rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5
Although I loved this story, I hated the ending. I was so disappointed in the heroine. She just raced to him when he called and slept with him. I know she took a stand afterward and walked away but it still bothered me. Otherwise, I'd like to read more from this author.
Samar Estwacol
Alex the car racer the playboy who has no limits for anything a jerk by nature
i didn't like the story
i guess this is the least wolfe in my list
Titinha Scaeiro
Este é 3,5 mas arredondo para cima... Gostei da personagem masculina mas achei que foi mais fraco que os outros... A feminina foi de uma força incrível, depois do que passou... :)
Tonya Warner
Oct 01, 2011 Tonya Warner rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
More of the notorious Wolfes saga. In this part, racecar bad boy Alex Wolfe is distracted when he hear's from his twin, Annabelle. That distraction leads to a crash and injury that requires he seek out physical therapy. None other than a former World Surfing Champion, Libby Henderson, is commissioned to come to his aid.

The sparks ignite quickly, but Libby has a secret, and a fear of letting herself be hurt again. Taking a chance with Alex, she would have to decide if she could face that pain, o
Josephine
This was included in an omnibus I had. The premise didn't engage me.
Fanny Roswita Ria
Akhirnya,,ada juga series ini yg "agak bagus" karna dr kmrn baca seriesnya bikin sebel..yg ceritanya bertele2; konfliknya cuman ala kadar; atau hero dan heroineny lemot..kan capek sendiri bacanya...

Gw suka karakter Libby, dan gw juga suka gaya Alex meminta maaf.. Memberikan sebatang bambu dan menceritakan cara bambu tsb..sapa yg ga klepek2...

Yg bikin bete itu, waktu Alex memutuskan Libby secara sepihak,,itu bikin gw keki banget sama cowok ini..tp dibalas telak dg Libby yg menolak permintaan maaf
Michelle
Nov 22, 2011 Michelle rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads

I really enjoyed this. Any story that makes me wonder how they will work it out is a bonus. Alex is a racing car driver who gets injured. He needs to get fit enough for his next race so enlists the help of physiotherapist Libby. They both have their issues from the past and how they are dealt with here is believeable and not predictable. Sweet at times. This was my first read of a Robyn Grady book and won't be the last.

This was a Goodreads First Read.
Annabeth Leong
Solidly enjoyable. Both characters felt fully realized, with interesting, unique back stories and details. The conflict that kept them apart felt fresh, unique, and compelling.

It's held back from being exceptional, in my opinion, by some nonsensical arguments. There were times when I was just as confused about what Libby (the heroine) wanted as Alex (the hero) was
Dewi Read
Mar 20, 2012 Dewi Read rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Libby keren, walopun kakinya harus diamputasi karna dimakan hiu *serem...tp dia tetep semangat ... suka dipertengahan buku, tapi pas mau ending feelnya kurang dapet...sayang...
Wii
Sep 12, 2013 Wii rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3,5 bintang. Ending-nya romantis n dimana masing-masing pihak ingin memulai hidup dg lebih baik. Suka sama Alex and Libby. Lanjut...buku ke 5, Jack and Cara :)
Carol-Ann
Dec 31, 2012 Carol-Ann rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
really enjoyed the bad blood series by:mills & boon but this was my favourite book out of all of them well told story & well written Couldnt put it down,
Metharisa Sujana
Apr 10, 2013 Metharisa Sujana rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
alasan baca buku ini krn cowoknya pembalap :p dan si ceweknya yg walaupun bukan dokter tp sm2 tenaga kesehatan as a fisoterapis :)
Nicole
Dec 22, 2011 Nicole rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
A surprisingly sweet story, and my favorite in this series (so far, I haven't read all of them).
TashNz
Jun 14, 2013 TashNz rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Every book in the Bad Blood series (as it was called here in NZ) deserves a 5 star!
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: The Notorious Wolfes
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: The Notorious Wolfes
  • The Restless Billionaire (Bad Blood #3)
  • The Disgraced Playboy (Bad Blood, #2)
  • The Heartless Rebel (Bad Blood, #5)
  • Forgotten Daughter (Bad Blood, #7)
  • The Lone Wolfe (Bad Blood, #8)
  • A Night of Scandal (Bad Blood, #1)
  • The Illegitimate Tycoon (Bad Blood, #6)
  • Craving the Forbidden (The Fitzroy Legacy #1)
  • The Power and the Glory (The Marshalls, #2)
  • The Real Rio D'Aquila (Orisini Brides, #2)
  • Red Hot Renegade (Bennett #5)
  • Girl Behind the Scandalous Reputation
  • Sex, Gossip and Rock & Roll
  • Surrender to the Past
  • Once Touched, Never Forgotten
  • The Ultimate Risk
  • Jess's Promise (Secretly Pregnant…Conveniently Wed, #3)
Robyn received a book from her big sister and immediately fell in love with Cinderella. Sprinklings of magic, deepest wishes come true - she was hooked! Picture books with glass slippers later gave way to romance novels. When she was older, she wanted to write one.

However, in junior high, Robyn hit a stumbling block - a disheartening grade of one out of ten for a book review. Confused and hurt, sh
More about Robyn Grady...

Bad Blood/The Notorious Wolfes (8 books)
  • A Night of Scandal (Bad Blood, #1)
  • The Disgraced Playboy (Bad Blood, #2)
  • The Restless Billionaire (Bad Blood #3)
  • The Heartless Rebel (Bad Blood, #5)
  • The Illegitimate Tycoon (Bad Blood, #6)
  • Forgotten Daughter (Bad Blood, #7)
  • The Lone Wolfe (Bad Blood, #8)