Start by marking “A Book of Miracles: Inspiring True Stories of Healing, Gratitude, and Love” as Want to Read:
A Book of Miracles: Inspiring True Stories of Healing, Gratitude, and Love

A Book of Miracles: Inspiring True Stories of Healing, Gratitude, and Love

Compiled during his more than thirty years of practice, speaking, and teaching, the stories here are riveting, warm, and belief expanding. Without diminishing the reality of pain and hardship, the stories show real people turning crisis into blessing by responding to adversity in ways that empower and heal.
Published August 1st 2011 by New World Library

To ask other readers questions about A Book of Miracles, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Book of Miracles

Sunflower
If you haven't read any of Bernie's previous books, don't start with this one. Don't get me wrong, I hold Bernie Siegel in great esteem. I think his work is ground-breaking,he has touched and helped many people in his work initially as a compassionate surgeon and later with exceptional cancer patients. This book, though, is a disappointment. His contribution is minimal, most of the content is anecdotes contributed by others, and he confines himself to an introduction at the beginning of each cha ...more
Deanna
Sep 09, 2015 Deanna rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Inspiring short stories.
Rebecca Orton
I read "A Book of Miracles; Inspiring True Stories of Healing, Gratitude, and Love" by Dr. Bernie S. Siegel and even though the title seems lofty, I found this book to have too much self-promotion and testimonials about the author himself. There were some stories that I really liked, but the rest of the stories seems overly optimistic. I understood that the power of prayer and positive thinking can change your world, heal your body, and make life better. However, there are such things as too muc ...more
Iona  Stewart
Aug 06, 2013 Iona Stewart rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am a great fan of Bernie Siegel, so initially I was disappointed that the book turned out not to have been written entirely by Bernie, but mostly consists of a number of accounts composed by various of his former patients and others. Janet Colli recounts that Bernie tells us that "disease is a divine message of redirection" - very useful to keep in mind if one is ill.

Every now and then a chapter appears penned by Bernie, in which he comments on these accounts and otherwise provides us with ins
Denise Caudell
Oct 03, 2011 Denise Caudell rated it really liked it
This small book is packed full of short stories about everyday miracles. It was touching,inspiring, and sad in places. It gives the reader hope that miracles do exsist and that they can happen to anyone. Some areas will make you teary both in saddness and joy. But overall this little book is short, easy to read, and gives the reader something to ponder. :)
Suzanne
Dec 14, 2011 Suzanne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A collection of inspiring true stories from people who have overcome difficult challenges. These stories are a reminder that each of us possess the power to change our lives by using our minds.
Angelina
Angelina rated it it was amazing
Apr 10, 2015
Deborah
Deborah rated it liked it
May 06, 2012
Janet Annie
Janet Annie rated it really liked it
May 04, 2013
Sharon
Sharon rated it it was amazing
May 29, 2013
R.W. Clark
R.W. Clark rated it really liked it
Oct 15, 2015
Gida
Gida rated it really liked it
Feb 15, 2015
Sue
Sue rated it it was ok
Sep 02, 2013
serena lawrence
serena lawrence rated it it was amazing
Feb 13, 2014
Kristine Scarrow
Kristine Scarrow rated it liked it
May 18, 2016
Ciera Elliott
Ciera Elliott rated it liked it
Nov 29, 2014
Chibionpu
Chibionpu rated it it was amazing
Nov 17, 2013
Tami McGee
Tami McGee rated it really liked it
May 14, 2012
Rajan
Rajan rated it it was amazing
May 27, 2016
Bhagyasree Kakoty
Bhagyasree Kakoty rated it really liked it
May 08, 2015
Samuel Morse
Samuel Morse rated it really liked it
Mar 23, 2013
Andraya Gardner
Andraya Gardner rated it it was amazing
Jan 13, 2015
Jan Hansen
Jan Hansen rated it liked it
Mar 06, 2016
Misty Mitchell
Misty Mitchell rated it it was amazing
Jul 01, 2016
Daniela
Daniela rated it it was ok
Feb 19, 2016
Faith Canter
Faith Canter rated it it was amazing
Jul 20, 2014
Diana Wiles
Diana Wiles rated it liked it
Jun 02, 2014
Cindy Hurn
Cindy Hurn rated it it was amazing
Jan 20, 2012
Kelly
Kelly rated it it was amazing
Aug 04, 2012