Start by marking “Holiday Hideout” as Want to Read:
Holiday Hideout

Holiday Hideout (Rose Mountain Refuge #2)

4.03 of 5 stars 4.03  ·  rating details  ·  149 ratings  ·  18 reviews

All Dr. Abby Sullivan wants for Christmas is to escape her guilt. Yet no matter how far and fast she runs, she can't leave behind her past or the grim secret she carries. Then a stalker's threats send her on a chilling journey to Rose Mountain, North Carolina, where she's forced to rely on a stranger's protection. But her reliance on handsome cop Cal MacIvers puts him and...more
Published December 1st 2011 by Love Inspired Suspense (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Holiday Hideout, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Holiday Hideout

Christine

Not a warm & cozy Christmas..

Brr! There were points when this book chilled me to the bone, and not because of its wintertime setting!

I found this a well-written story with likable characters and effective use of suspense.

It takes skillful work to weave inspirational topics into a novel without sounding cheesy, awkward, or forced, and Ms. Eason proved she's got the writing chops to do it. She simply included God as another character; and in so doing, brought believable realism to the rest of...more
Loraine
This was another good intrigue/mystery written by Lynette Eason. Just enough twists and turns to keep you guessing with good characters. Happens around the holidays but not a Christmas book.
Wendy Sparkes
Dr. Abby Sullivan is on the run as a stalker's threats escalate. She finds herself in Rose Mountain, running a fever & terrified because she's sure she has seen the person threatening her.

"Don't let him get me." The words of the sick girl are heard by Deputy Cal McIvers just before she collapses completely. Who? Cal is determined to keep this woman safe, but first he has to win her trust...not to mention he also wants to win her heart too.

All Abby wants for Christmas is forgiveness from her...more
John Hanscom
Actually, I would give it 3 1/2. It could have been a 4, as it was an exciting story and well written, save for three things:

1. As in the past, the editing could have been better. On page 204 is the sentence, "Mom says she expects that they'll get there in shortly." This makes little sense. On page 249-250, a little girl has been playing with a flashlight, as the electricity is off, but, after a conversation, she goes "back to her video." Her video?

2. The author tried far to hard to make one ch...more
Nina
Oh, I loved this book, really well wrote, with tons of action, great suspense!
If you like mystery, then you must read this.
Lorie
This is the third Lynette Eason book I have read this year. I have loved all of them! So when I saw this book coming out this holiday season, I decided to give it a try. I was not disappointed!

Abby Sullivan is running from her life. A few months before, she tried to deliever her sister's baby at home. They both died. Her brother-in-law Reece decides to blame Abby and probmises revenge. Abby gets scared of him and decides to run. While on the run she gets sick with what she thinks is strep and th...more
Tamera Westhoff
This was very interesting for me. I can't imagine trying to deliver my sister's baby (probably because none of my sisters are married) and then watching her die with absolutely no chance of saving her! And then having to deal with the guilt, the loss and her husband! Yikes! But one complication is hardly enough for this series, so she proceeds to run away, gets horribly sick, gets rescued by a kind stranger (who is a police officer) who takes her in, where she is cared for by his mom (who happen...more
Haley
Usually I really enjoy Lynette Eason's books, but this one not as much, and the more I think about the less I like it.

1. I felt that I never got to know the characters, mainly Cal. Okay so Cal is a cop, right? Why didn't he act like one!? Most cops would look into a person that seems to be running away from something....maybe even the law. Wouldn't that have crossed his mind? You would think so wouldn't you?

2. I would have liked it better if Abby hadn't seemed so weak. About half way through sh...more
Patricia Hullet
Good quick read, romance/suspense story.
Kav
A unique blend of thrilling suspense, burgeoning romance and the wonder of the Christmas season. The name Lynette Eason conjures up the words 'compelling read' and her latest Love Inspired is no exception. I appreciate the author's detail-oriented suspense -- written in a taut and fast-paced style, it kept me turning pages right to the end. But this time I figured out the whodunnit ahead of the hero and heroine. :-)

Anita F Napier
This is your typical romance novel but I enjoyed the pace and the characters. I also liked how the author kept us in suspense and guessing as to the actual stalker. However, the one flaw is that you know there is going to be a sequel with one of the characters finding his/her mate in the next novel. Some of the characters are too needy for a sequel.
Anna Marie
It was benign as the 'god' references. I had hoped for something better. Ah, well. If you're looking for more average writing and predictable plots - something familiar and safe - this is your book.
Amanda
Abby is so lucky that the MacIvers stepped in and saved her...

I am really glad that things ended on a good note for Abby and the MacIvers family.

Perfect ending for the Christmas season.
Aletha
Lynette Eason is a great author. I really enjoyed reading about Abby & her adventures. Great mix of suspense with just the right amount of warm hearted romance thrown in the mix.
Deb Todd
This book was just ok. Much of the plot was just too far fetched for me to really get into it.
Cathy Daniel
This was really good! Lots of action. Lovely ending :)
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Rose Mountain Refuge
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Rose Mountain Refuge

Tricia
Tricia marked it as to-read
Oct 22, 2014
Keila
Keila marked it as to-read
Oct 14, 2014
Aerykah
Aerykah marked it as to-read
Oct 10, 2014
Leslie
Leslie marked it as to-read
Oct 06, 2014
  • Christmas Stalking (Guardians, Inc., #4)
  • My Deadly Valentine
  • Protecting the Princess (Reclaiming The Crown, #2)
  • Undercover Pursuit (Steeple Hill Love Inspired Suspense #243)
  • Critical Condition
  • Twin Targets  (Protecting the Witnesses, #1)
  • Narrow Escape (Sonoma #4)
  • Sleigh Bells for Dry Creek
  • Attracted to Fire
  • Safe by the Marshal's Side (Witness Protection)
  • Final Resort
  • A Promise to Protect
  • Rugged and Relentless (Husbands for Hire, #1)
  • Deadly Pursuit (Guardians of Justice, #2)
  • Echoes of Titanic
  • 31 Kisses
Lynette Eason grew up in Greenville, SC. She graduated from the University of South Carolina, Columbia, and then obtained her masters in education from Converse College. Author of twenty inspirational romantic suspense books, she is also a member of American Christian Fiction Writers (ACFW) and Romance Writers of America (RWA). In 1996, Lynette married "the boy next door" and now she and her husba...more
More about Lynette Eason...
Too Close to Home (Women of Justice, #1) A Killer Among Us (Women of Justice #3) When the Smoke Clears (Deadly Reunions, #1) Don't Look Back (Women of Justice, #2) When a Heart Stops (Deadly Reunions, #2)