Start by marking “Holiday Hideout” as Want to Read:
Holiday Hideout

Holiday Hideout (Rose Mountain Refuge #2)

All Dr. Abby Sullivan wants for Christmas is to escape her guilt. Yet no matter how far and fast she runs, she can't leave behind her past or the grim secret she carries. Then a stalker's threats send her on a chilling journey to Rose Mountain, North Carolina, where she's forced to rely on a stranger's protection. But her reliance on handsome cop Cal MacIvers puts him and
Published December 1st 2011 by Love Inspired Suspense (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Holiday Hideout, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Holiday Hideout

Jul 25, 2012 Christine rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Not a warm & cozy Christmas..

Brr! There were points when this book chilled me to the bone, and not because of its wintertime setting!

I found this a well-written story with likable characters and effective use of suspense.

It takes skillful work to weave inspirational topics into a novel without sounding cheesy, awkward, or forced, and Ms. Eason proved she's got the writing chops to do it. She simply included God as another character; and in so doing, brought believable realism to the rest of
Nov 23, 2012 Loraine rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was another good intrigue/mystery written by Lynette Eason. Just enough twists and turns to keep you guessing with good characters. Happens around the holidays but not a Christmas book.
Wendy Sparkes
Dr. Abby Sullivan is on the run as a stalker's threats escalate. She finds herself in Rose Mountain, running a fever & terrified because she's sure she has seen the person threatening her.

"Don't let him get me." The words of the sick girl are heard by Deputy Cal McIvers just before she collapses completely. Who? Cal is determined to keep this woman safe, but first he has to win her trust...not to mention he also wants to win her heart too.

All Abby wants for Christmas is forgiveness from her
John Hanscom
Actually, I would give it 3 1/2. It could have been a 4, as it was an exciting story and well written, save for three things:

1. As in the past, the editing could have been better. On page 204 is the sentence, "Mom says she expects that they'll get there in shortly." This makes little sense. On page 249-250, a little girl has been playing with a flashlight, as the electricity is off, but, after a conversation, she goes "back to her video." Her video?

2. The author tried far to hard to make one ch
Dec 26, 2014 Michelle rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Rose Mountain Refuge
Book 2

Abby is running from danger. Someone - she thinks it's her brother-in-law - wants her dead. A sickness stops her in the town of Rose Mountain, then the cop that rescued her keeps her from leaving because if she left, she'd be taking his heart! But Abby wants to keep Cal and his family safe from the mad man who wants her dead. There's lots of twists and turns in this book as the family try to save Abby from the mad man!

The action in this was excellent. The romance was pr
Dec 27, 2012 Lorie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the third Lynette Eason book I have read this year. I have loved all of them! So when I saw this book coming out this holiday season, I decided to give it a try. I was not disappointed!

Abby Sullivan is running from her life. A few months before, she tried to deliever her sister's baby at home. They both died. Her brother-in-law Reece decides to blame Abby and probmises revenge. Abby gets scared of him and decides to run. While on the run she gets sick with what she thinks is strep and th
Judine Brey
Jul 06, 2016 Judine Brey rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Abby's desire for a life outside her medical practice is touching, especially when combined with Cal's desire for a family. The foreshadowing of Abby's real attacker was skillfully done and the romance moved at an appropriate pace.
Tamera Westhoff
Mar 28, 2012 Tamera Westhoff rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was very interesting for me. I can't imagine trying to deliver my sister's baby (probably because none of my sisters are married) and then watching her die with absolutely no chance of saving her! And then having to deal with the guilt, the loss and her husband! Yikes! But one complication is hardly enough for this series, so she proceeds to run away, gets horribly sick, gets rescued by a kind stranger (who is a police officer) who takes her in, where she is cared for by his mom (who happen ...more
May 23, 2014 Haley rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: love-inspired
Usually I really enjoy Lynette Eason's books, but this one not as much, and the more I think about the less I like it.

1. I felt that I never got to know the characters, mainly Cal. Okay so Cal is a cop, right? Why didn't he act like one!? Most cops would look into a person that seems to be running away from something....maybe even the law. Wouldn't that have crossed his mind? You would think so wouldn't you?

2. I would have liked it better if Abby hadn't seemed so weak. About half way through sh
Becky Dowden
Dec 06, 2014 Becky Dowden rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very inspiring.

This book was very inspiring. I loved how God played such an important role in all their lives in the end.
Geneva Stokes
Jul 03, 2016 Geneva Stokes rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I could have read Holiday Hideout in one sitting, but saved the last hour + for the next day. Such a good, "clean" book, no bad language, raw sex or blood and guts, just a very interesting story. Love Lynette's writings, have read several of her books over the years and have never been disappointed. Holiday Hideout revolves around Abbey, running away from danger, being protected by a great family, and she in turns helps this family. Not to give anything away, but it does have a happy ending!
Second in the series. I'm looking forward to getting the third one from the library soon :)
Patricia Hullet
Good quick read, romance/suspense story.
Susan Vance
Apr 17, 2015 Susan Vance rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Dec 03, 2011 Kav rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A unique blend of thrilling suspense, burgeoning romance and the wonder of the Christmas season. The name Lynette Eason conjures up the words 'compelling read' and her latest Love Inspired is no exception. I appreciate the author's detail-oriented suspense -- written in a taut and fast-paced style, it kept me turning pages right to the end. But this time I figured out the whodunnit ahead of the hero and heroine. :-)

Anita F Napier
Aug 08, 2014 Anita F Napier rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is your typical romance novel but I enjoyed the pace and the characters. I also liked how the author kept us in suspense and guessing as to the actual stalker. However, the one flaw is that you know there is going to be a sequel with one of the characters finding his/her mate in the next novel. Some of the characters are too needy for a sequel.
Anna Marie
It was benign as the 'god' references. I had hoped for something better. Ah, well. If you're looking for more average writing and predictable plots - something familiar and safe - this is your book.
Dec 12, 2012 Amanda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Abby is so lucky that the MacIvers stepped in and saved her...

I am really glad that things ended on a good note for Abby and the MacIvers family.

Perfect ending for the Christmas season.
Nov 01, 2011 Aletha rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lynette Eason is a great author. I really enjoyed reading about Abby & her adventures. Great mix of suspense with just the right amount of warm hearted romance thrown in the mix.
Deb Todd
This book was just ok. Much of the plot was just too far fetched for me to really get into it.
Cathy Daniel
Nov 17, 2013 Cathy Daniel rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was really good! Lots of action. Lovely ending :)
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Rose Mountain Refuge
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Rose Mountain Refuge

Catherine rated it really liked it
Oct 22, 2016
Connie marked it as to-read
Oct 17, 2016
Cheryl marked it as to-read
Oct 15, 2016
Lisa Malone
Lisa Malone rated it really liked it
Oct 15, 2016
Michelle Howerton
Michelle Howerton rated it really liked it
Oct 12, 2016
Denise marked it as to-read
Oct 09, 2016
  • Christmas Stalking (Guardians, Inc., #4)
  • The Christmas Witness (The Morgan Brothers #3)
  • Face of Danger
  • The Secret Heiress (Protection Specialists, #2)
  • Body of Evidence (Texas Ranger Justice, #2)
  • Zero Visibility
  • Lone Defender (Heroes for Hire, #4)
  • Fatal Secrets  (Protecting the Witnesses , #5)
  • Shades of Truth (Undercover Cops #2)
  • Point Blank Protector (Emerald Coast 911 #5)
  • Undercover Pursuit (Missions of Mercy #3)
Lynette Eason grew up in Greenville, SC. She graduated from the University of South Carolina, Columbia, and then obtained her masters in education from Converse College. Author of twenty inspirational romantic suspense books, she is also a member of American Christian Fiction Writers (ACFW) and Romance Writers of America (RWA). In 1996, Lynette married "the boy next door" and now she and her husba ...more
More about Lynette Eason...

Rose Mountain Refuge (3 books)
  • Agent Undercover