Start by marking “Vampire Knight, Bd. 2: Tiefschwarzer Hinterhalt” as Want to Read:
Vampire Knight, Bd. 2: Tiefschwarzer Hinterhalt

Vampire Knight, Bd. 2: Tiefschwarzer Hinterhalt (Vampire Knight #2)

4.26  ·  Rating Details  ·  12,953 Ratings  ·  274 Reviews
Yuki and Zero go into town to do some shopping for the Headmaster, and they are attacked by a fiendish vampire called a "Level E". Two Night Class students, Takuma Ichijo and Senri Shiki, come just on time and slay it, and invite Yuki and Zero to their dormitory at midnight to find out why they killed one of their own kind...
Published 2010 by Carlsen (first published December 5th 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Vampire Knight, Bd. 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Vampire Knight, Bd. 2

Lola  Reviewer
Apr 06, 2015 Lola Reviewer rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
I had forgotten how entertaining this series is. And, really, the vampires aren't scary; they're sexy. And so swoon-worthy!

''Yuuki. The safest place is beside me...'' - Kaname

<3 <3
Nic
Sep 18, 2010 Nic rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2010, manga
Arlene
Vampire Knight 2 was just as great as the first installment. I continue to be amazed with the artwork and the detailed story that is masterfully depicted with such few words and intricate drawings.

In this installment, Zero continues to struggle with his change to vampire and Yuki stands by him regardless of the danger it poses for her. We learn about the vampire hierarchy and meet the newest addition to the series Toga Yagari, Zero’s master who is also a vampire hunter.

I enjoyed the small snippe
Sara Thompson
Jun 14, 2012 Sara Thompson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love Manga – it’s special and different when compared to American comics/stories. Manga borders on the silly while having serious moments. This one is no exception. I loved it.

Yuki is the adopted daughter of the headmaster of a special boarding school. The day classes are fairly normal but at night a different set of students come to learn and they are vampires.

Yuki works as the special guardian with Zero. Their job is to keep the vampires a secret and prevent them from harming the human stude
Ronyell
Usually, I have a tough time reviewing manga because the stories are pretty consistent throughout their runs and sometimes it is hard to review a single volume without at least dredging up the storylines from the last volume. But, review I shall since I have so much to say about the second volume of Matsuri Hino’s popular series, “Vampire Knight!”

In this volume, Yuki Cross, one of the guardians of Cross Academy, realizes that her partner, Zero Kiryu is having trouble coping with being a vampire
Moriah Venable
Sixth Night through Ninth Night follow the first volume, trying to keep Zero's secret and well as the true nature of the Night Class from the Day Class. Zero is hating himself for what he did to Yuki, and an old master of his arrives at the school. He wants to die until Yuki stops him. Zero is from a family of vampire hunters.

We find out that Kaname is the leader of the Night Class and everyone follows his orders. (I am trying not to give too much away). Zero and Yuki also do something that is
Farhin
Oct 27, 2014 Farhin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Please do not read this review if you have not read the previous volume.

Volume 2 just continues from volume 1. (view spoiler) This volume teaches the readers more about the vampires in this world.

The main events (spoilers tagged where necessary):

1) Both Yuuki and Zero leave the academy to run errands for the Headmaster. We also get an interesting scene where Zero tames a slightly wild horse in one of the Phys. Ed. classes. In this chapter Yuki encounter
Julie Hayes
Feb 17, 2011 Julie Hayes rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Day Class is unaware of Zero’s secret—he is a vampire, and has been turning more and more so over the past four years. If they knew the truth, would they be so quick to embrace him as the rising star of their class? And how will the knowledge of what he is becoming affect his relationship with Yuki?

Yuki and Zero get an unexpected privilege—they get to run into town on an errand for the headmaster. Normally, leaving school grounds is rather restricted. Yuki is determined to have fun, even if
Megan Sanchez
Mar 11, 2012 Megan Sanchez rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An "eh" first volume might have kept me from reading further, but since I had already grabbed the next two volumes from the library and they were just sitting there, waiting for me, I kept going.

SO glad I did!

If you were intrigued by the first volume but not totally hooked, give the second volume a chance anyway. Shit gets real. We meet vampires that are actually scary enough to take seriously as villains and we learn more about Zero's past as a vampire hunter.

Yuki is still a fairly boring hero
Wickedshizuku
Mar 03, 2016 Wickedshizuku rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anime fans, Manga fans
Recommended to Wickedshizuku by: Shoujo Beat Magazine
We start out with 6th Night: Out of Cross Academy.
It's Valentine's Day at Cross Academy, and the females are going wild. In Japan it's a custom that this is the day that you confess your love to your crush. Lots of anger and hatred is born on this day every year in my opinion. Also another tradition is that you give your male friends obligation chocolate. Which is the one I can't figure out, I mean you give your friends chocolate just to put up with your s&*t all year?!
In response the boys
Luna
2-3ish stars…. (got to volume 3)

I don’t know… I’ve read both MeruPuri & Captive Hearts by this author and despite the fact that I didn’t enjoy those all that much I keep coming back because I do like the artwork. I know this series is probably the one Matsuri Hino is best known for but I’m not feeling it. I think there are 18 or 19 books and I don’t see me continuing.
Slayermel
Jan 04, 2011 Slayermel rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone who enjoyed the first in the series
This is the second book in the series and it follows up quite nicely where the last one ended. In this volume we find out more about Zero’s past and what happened to bring him to Cross academy living with the headmaster and his adoptive daughter. Also a mysterious stranger arrives at the school checking in on Zero, and he seems to be a vampire hunter and teacher. Could he be coming to scope out the night class or are there other ulterior motives. I hope we find out more about him in the coming b ...more
Stacey
Jul 30, 2009 Stacey rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Yuki's supposed to be cool right? I mean, she's leaping off buildings and standing up to vampires on school grounds but then when she's actually confronted it's up to Kaname or Zero to save her. I hope that Hino decides where she'd like her heroine to fall before too long. It's hard to like a character that comes across so helpless when she's not supposed to be.

There's a couple of scenes in this one that were a little... well, creepy. Kaname's possession of Yuki when she and Zero visit the Moon
Sandra
Feb 27, 2015 Sandra rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'll end up saying 'kyaaah' over and over again because of this. Really liked some backstory on vampires in this one.
Dina Magdy
Aug 13, 2012 Dina Magdy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
مدهش مدهش مدهش مدهش :) ..
بجد المانجا ده مميزة جداً ..
منحنى الأحداث أخدت منحنى رائع أوي، وتدخل يوكى في الأحداث بالصورة ده جذبت انتباهي بصورة رهيبة "بوبي"..
دلوقتي الثلاثى المرح كنامى، وزيرو، ويوكى..
أكتر حاجة حبيتها بجد هي الريكشانات بتاعه كنامى غامضة أوي وهادية أوي ومميزة أوي ث4..
يوكى حتشل منها أوي بجد يعني هي مش عارفة حاجة وبتحسس الواحد أن هي عارفة كل حاجة ..
زيرو أنا بشفق عليه جدياً يا عينى أكتر حاجة بيكرهها يكون هو منها..
الحقيقة الأحداث في المانجا بدأت تختلف نوعاً ما عن الإنمى وده شوقني أكثر :).
Sara
I LOVE Vampire Knight! This is my favorite manga series so far.

I can't explain it. It's addictive. There are vampires and humans and vampire hunters and an odd headmaster that reminds me of Warhol. It's dark but fun. I love the sidebars by Matsuri Hino - they are so funny! And the outtakes at the back. Who knew you could do that with comics? I love it.

I love it.
Irene
Jul 01, 2013 Irene rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: Μanga
Vampire Knight is one of the mangas that make you deeply enjoy every single icon of the page & the storyline.... No matter which one of the V.K. volumes I pick to read, I can never do it with a rush to finish it or go fastly through the story to see what happens next- no! All mangas, but in my humble opinion this one of V.K. (as well as the rset of the series) is to be enjoyed little by little, like a good red wine. Loved it ofcourse, as it has got a dark allure, a gothic-romance atmosphere ...more
Kati
Jan 17, 2010 Kati rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I'm officially giving up on this series. I can suspend my disbelief only so far. I could have accepted the whole Day Class/Night Class thingy if the existence of vampires was known and accepted, but two high school kids armed with guns playing the school protectors and directing the whole flow of the human/vampire relations... Nya, too much, going too far. Besides, Yuki, the main heroine, isn't all that likable, in my humble opinion. And the fact that she looks like a drowned rat doesn't help ei ...more
Nidhi Bhatt
Kaname Kuran is an enigma!
M.C. Crocker
Jun 24, 2015 M.C. Crocker rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Rey
Sep 20, 2014 Rey rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I saw the tv show first, and once I found out it was based off a book (Graphic Novel/Magna), I decided to read the books like I do every time I find out a movie/tv show is based off a book. I thought the books were gonna be a little different than the tv show like most of the time, but I was Happily surprised. The books and tv show are equally as good, and both of them transferred me into the world of Yuki and Zero. From the 1st book, a startling secret was discovered, and the author did an Amaz ...more
Drunkenness Books
Aug 26, 2014 Drunkenness Books rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
L’internat Cross est un lycée un brin particulier. Deux types d’élèves en suivent les enseignements : ceux de la Day Class qui sont comme vous et moi et ceux de la Night Class emmenés par Kaname Kuran et qui rivalisent de beauté et d’intelligence. Mais rien de plus normal lorsque l’on a affaire à des vampires me direz-vous !! Comme vous vous en doutez, une telle institution nécessite pas mal d’organisation et de précautions (après tout il serait vraiment dommage qu’un humain soit « accidentellem ...more
Veronica Ika
Apr 20, 2015 Veronica Ika rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
Yuki and Zero venture out the school, and that is the very first time after ten years Yuki meets bad vampires, called Level E. She finds out that Level E is vampires that once humans, losing all their senses to the thirst and madness. And regretfully, deep inside, she knows that someday Zero will be one of them. In addition, a vampire hunter who once was Zero’s teacher comes and teaches at the academy, and he tries to kill Zero.

It turns out that a blood tablet that vampires in the academy drink
Angie~ Faery of Weirdness

Rating: 4.5 Stars
Recommendation: Anyone and Everyone
Okay, for once I’m actually glad I started reading manga and actually understand why some of my friends (not being stereotypical or offensive by any means- but all of them being Asians) are totally into and addicted to reading it. This series so far is really fantastic. Now that I’m sort of used to reading in the backwards style of the Japanese way, I fly through the book like I legit have wings flapping away to the rhythm of the pages cons
Shizuku
El manga es bastante fiel al manga, o por lo menos por ahora. Sé que al final habrá un punto en que la historia se separará del anime, ya que fue una de las razones por las cuales leí el manga. En general el manga esta bien, al releer la historia pude darme cuenta de cual personaje me cae y cual realmente no (y que todos los personajes son algo desesperantes) pero aún así se interesa saber el desarrollo de la historia.
Gokce ~Muslin Myst~
This mmanga series is going really well. I know I haven't read that much into the series but I'm already in love with this. It was my fascination with vampires that got my attention about this and the fact that my sister is really into reading manga, but still I liked the drawings, the story and the characters. Kinda have a crush on Zero :)

Pretty nicely drawn intense and lovely scenes in this one. Loving it!
Diana Montes
May 12, 2016 Diana Montes rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Estoy comparando mucho el Animé con el Manga y no me cuadran algunas cosas. Zero me encanta y Kaname se me hace muy pasivo. Yuuki tiene un corazón enorme que le lleva a dejar que Zero chupe su sangre, lo cual se me hace que está pasando muy rápido. La sinopsis de la editorial dice que un hombre del pasado de Zero cambia por completo las cosas, pero no es cierto, solo nos da información acerca de quién era Zero antes de que una vampira atacara a su familia y le mordiera, llevándolo a esta necesid ...more
Nicole (Reading Books With Coffee)
I really liked it! I am amazed at how she can tell a story with so little words and such detailed artwork! Yuki and Zero really stood out to me, and I love how kind Yuki is, even knowing that Zero is coming to terms with being a vampire. I liked seeing more of the vampires in this world, and I feel like as we get further into the series, we're going to learn a lot more about the vampires! I'm really curious about whether Yuki offering her blood to Zero will come again, and what sort of effect it ...more
Katy
Nov 07, 2012 Katy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Zero's angst kind of annoyed me in this volume. I get why he's so angsty and all but jeez...
Suzanne Russell
May 28, 2016 Suzanne Russell rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
God this is getting better I love it I cant wait to read volume 3
  • Fruits Basket, Volume 21
  • Chibi Vampire, Vol. 07
  • Black Bird, Vol. 06 (Black Bird, #6)
  • Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 3 (Ouran High School Host Club, #3)
  • The Gentlemen's Alliance †, Vol. 6
Name in Japanese: 樋野 まつり

Matsuri Hino was born on January 24 in Hokkaido. She was a bookshop keeper who one day decided to become a manga artist, and all of nine months later, in 1995, she published her first manga title, Kono Yume ga Sametara (When This Dream Is Over), in Japan's LaLa DX magazine.
More about Matsuri Hino...

Vampire Knight (1 - 10 of 20 books)
  • Vampire Knight, Vol. 1 (Vampire Knight, #1)
  • Vampire Knight, Vol. 3 (Vampire Knight, #3)
  • Vampire Knight, Vol. 4 (Vampire Knight, #4)
  • Vampire Knight, Vol. 5 (Vampire Knight, #5)
  • ヴァンパイア騎士 6
  • ヴァンパイア騎士 7
  • ヴァンパイア騎士 8
  • Vampire Knight, Vol. 9 (Vampire Knight, #9)
  • ヴァンパイア騎士 10
  • Vampire Knight, Vol. 11

“I wonder when you stopped telling me everything Yuki.In ten years,that`s the only thing that has ever changed.” 56 likes
“Even if you hate me, Zero...I will tame that beast in you...as many times as necessary. If you haven't completely lost your sanity...I won't let you die. Hate vampires, hate me...at least that means you haven't given up!" Yuki said to Zero. "How can I hate you?" Zero questioned Yuki.” 46 likes