Start by marking “Hide & Seek (Games of Zeus #1)” as Want to Read:
Hide & Seek (Games of Zeus #1)

Hide & Seek (Games of Zeus #1)

Lie, cheat or steal, no one can catch Tripp Fox. Except one woman.

Falling in love with
ebook
Published March 1st 2012 by J. Taylor Publishing (first published February 20th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Hide & Seek, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hide & Seek

Annmarie Ager
Jan 05, 2012 Annmarie Ager rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc-reviewed
Hide and seek is a brilliantly written and sexy book. Lexi and Tripp are both two very gifted characters both have their own problems, Tripp is to marry a women his does not love while Lexi can’t find her true love so when they walk into each other’s life’s you would think it would be simply but it’s not. Zeus gave them the gifts and as a god he made shore that Tripp and Lexi are opposites made to be apart but the two of them have other ideas

I was sucked into the book nearly at once. While Lexi
J.A. Belfield
Some books? It's just impossible to review them without sounding like a blathering imbecile. Most the time that happens to me, it's because I've fallen hook, line and sinker for the main male character and still have starry eyes whilst trying to write my review.
Everyone has a favourite type of male character who's their ultimate fictional guy. Tripp Fox is mine.
MINE, I say! *cough*
Anyway, Hide & Seek may not be due out for a little while, but I'm the lucky sucker who had an early sneak prev
Alana ~ The Book Pimp
This book was a definite winner. Charming, snarky hero (with a bad boy 'live in the gray' edge) and sparkling best friend/business partner too. Steamy, did-it-just-get-hot-in-here romance. Add a hefty helping of fate throwing dirt in your eye.

Hide & Seek is the first book in the Games of Zeus series. This is more of a paranormal romance, as each book follows a different H/h (couple); but you can still learn about some of the characters in Silent Echoes in the first book.

I figured, I should
Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey)
Feb 09, 2012 Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey) rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey) by: R2R
Shelves: reviewed
I received this book as a part of the Read 2 Review program.

Talk about swept off your feet. Let me just say that this was an enjoyable read. The Zeus fox and hound as the basis for the love story that unfolds is an interesting one. Not familiar with the tale, I was sucked in to read more.

Lexi, the female lead, was a well grounded girl not like some of the silly girls I’ve been reading lately. For the most part her actions were believable and admirable on occasion. Tripp, the hunky male lead was
R. Brennan
4.5 of 5 Stars! A fantastic, romantic paranormal read.

Having always been interested in mythologies and lore, I was keen to get my hands on this new novel by Aimee Laine. Games of Zeus? What could that be all about? The mind boggled. So when the review copy arrived in my inbox, I jumped in with both feet. Easy to do with the way Ms. Laine sets the stage at the outset. We start on an intriguing high and the story never lets go.

Hide and Seek takes established Greek mythology, sprinkles it with a d
LutaWolf
There is absolutely no simplicity to this author’s writing style, the structure was very complex which completely complemented the multifaceted plot. Yet the author made it seem simple with the effortless way that she sewed the plot, romance, and suspense. The suspense was in the fact that you didn’t really know which way the story would go. The whole time I wonder in which direction the author was going to take this, which of course added to the emotional impact.

The characters do lean towards
Sam
Read more of my reviews at Falling Books

A book full of romance and charming characters.

Lie, cheat or steal, no one can catch Tripp Fox. Except one woman.

Lexi Shepherd’s knack for finding whatever is asked of her isn’t sheer luck. It’s a gift from the Greek god Zeus. That Lexi doesn’t use her ability to search for “Mr. Right” comes from one of many personal rules she has set for herself. Number one is not to let fate dictate her future.

Falling in love with Tripp breaks all the others.

Despite h
Anna's Herding Cats
Originally posted at Herding Cats & Burning Soup

I won an ARC of Hide & Seek from author Aimee Laine earlier this week and dug right in. It was my first time reading Laine and I honestly loved it! The writing hooked me from page one. She includes just enough mystery and intrigue to keep you eagerly turning the page and wondering what in the world is happening but doesn't push it over the edge to frustrating and confusing. I had to keep making myself put down my NOOK and actually get some
Charlayne
Jan 27, 2012 Charlayne rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Magnets and Romance. Two people who have to find a way to pull together to have their forever instead of push each other away. Tripp and Lexi have to find away to go against what seems to be their destiny-to be apart by decree. The mythology of Zeus' Fox and Hound has come alive with these two characters. Tripp cannot be caught and Lexi can find anything. Those two things would naturally go together and that's why they were never supposed to meet. But they have and so the story starts.

The story
Jocelyn Adams
Jan 25, 2012 Jocelyn Adams rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Debra Dermastja
Feb 16, 2012 Debra Dermastja rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Well what an amazing book. I really think it was one of the most romantic I have ever read. I found that the pursuit to a happy ending always has to have it ups and downs, but it was the way this book handled it that I found so exciting.

I found I also learned a vaulable lesson when it comes to love in this book, “You can’t always judge people on what they might do, but on what they actually end up doing”. You have to have trust to have a great relationship, and that was so proven in this story.

I
Nikki  Peterson
Jan 29, 2012 Nikki Peterson rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: romance and mythology fans
Recommended to Nikki by: R2R via Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy Fanatics!
I really enjoyed this read. It was well written and not choppy in any part leaving you wondering WTH? I love the story line, I'm a sucker for some mythology mixed in with my romance. The characters were fun and not wishy-washy in any way.

You have Lexi and Tripp. Both given powers by Zeus and are never supposed to come into contact together. Tripp is the "fox" he can never get caught at anything and uses it for for his career of retrieval of items for hire. Lexi is the "hound" she can find anythi
Terri Rochenski
Mar 22, 2012 Terri Rochenski rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Well, I must confess. I gave Little White Lies 5 stars and this one is better by far. If I could, it would get 6 or 7.

What a unique story. Wish I'd thought of it. Yes, it's a love story, but it's so much more. Ms. Laine can tell a story like few can, engaging the reader's senses so that we taste the salt water, see the sleeping store clerk, hear the squeaky stairs, taste the desserts from Dulces... oh if only we could taste Tripp Fox as well. Le Sigh.

The tension from the first page had me thinki
Hbeebti
Jun 02, 2012 Hbeebti rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was such a sweet story. A little confusing in the beginning because there was just so much to adsorb. But half way through I was all cheering Tripp on. Lexi drove me crazy at times. I mean I get it be cautious and all but she was pushing Tripp away then pulling him close, back and forth. But Lexi did get her head on straight. There was moments that I did not see coming and was shaking my head on how crazy things really were to get these two together. OMG the ending!!!!! It was probably one ...more
Liliana
The Teumessian Fox and the magical dog Lailaps?? Interesting.

Here's a little mythology for you: The Teumessian Fox was destined never to be caught; Lailaps was destined to catch his prey. The Fox was sent by the gods to terrorize the country side of Thebes as punishment for a crime. Lailaps was then sent to catch the Fox. As you can see, this would've been a never ending cycle. Which is why Zeus took pity on them and turned both creatures to stone.

Alrighty, enough of my mythology lecture, this b
The TBR Pile *Book review site*
Full review:

To say this is well written would be a major understatement, it could even get me blasted by lightening. This book had all the key elements that us Romance Fictional Book lovers search for. It’s one of those one in a million finds, an exceptional book. There is absolutely nothing for me to complain about, which is, honestly, pretty rare.

I highly recommend Hide and Seek in every way, pure magic.
Kayleigh {K-Books}
Hide & Seek Review on K-Books

Wow! I don't even know what to say. I have never read anything by Aimee Laine before this book and I have to say I am now a fan. This book completely blew me away. I could not put it down and I ended up reading the whole book in 1 day.

Lexi has a god-given gift. She can find anything just by thinking of it or looking at a picture. It's not any god-given gift, it's from Zeus. She has high morals and she won't use her gift for personal use. Then she meets Tripp. Tri
Janina
Tripp Fox goes against all things Lexi Shepard does not agree with. With their gifts from the Greek God Zeus, Lexi has the ability to find things, and Tripp cannot be caught, except by one woman. Falling in love with Tripp breaks all the rules. Despite her principles, Lexi’s unable to stay away from the bad boy. Zeus didn’t give Lexi and Tripp their talents to make their relationship a simple thing. He designed it to be exactly the opposite, Impossible.With their separation, Lexi expects Tripp t ...more
Ronda
Jan 24, 2012 Ronda rated it really liked it
I had the pleasure of reading this book as part of the Read 2 Review group and it was more of a pleasure because at the moment, it isn't released! I feel privileged...

I love the idea of Mythology and what better way to read about it than inside a paranormal romance novel.

The God Zues gave two people talents, they were the opposites of each other and never meant to meet.... in comes Tripp and Lexi, the 'never to be caught' and the 'always finds' young peeople.

Against the odds, or so they think, T
Ambur
Mar 12, 2012 Ambur rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own, own-ebook
Having already read Aimee Laine's first book, Little White Lies, I had great expectations for Hide and Seek...and it completely lived up to them! It's a truly fantastic story with incredibly characters, and an extremely intriguing storyline that will keep you enthralled until the very last word. :D

From the name of the series, Games of Zeus, it's pretty obvious that mythology is involved, and Aimee Laine has woven it into her story in an intriguing and unique way. She's brought the great paradox
Marina
Feb 05, 2012 Marina rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The old legend says:

“The Teumessian Fox was destined never to be caught. Lailaps was destined to catch his prey. The Fox was sent by the Gods to terrorize the country side of Thebes as punishment for a crime. Lailaps was then sent to catch the Fox. This would have been a never ending cycle. Which is why Zeus took pity on them and turned both creatures to stone. “

No one can catch Tripp Fox. He lies, cheats, steals. He can never be caught, he has the ability to disappear, literally. He has a blue
Daphne (Winged Reviews)
Also on Winged Reviews

Thank you to J. Taylor Publishing and the Read to Review programme on Goodreads for a review copy of the book!

For anyone that enjoys a mythology-tinged romance, then this is definitely the book for them. I really liked the concept of the story, but I'm not sure I liked the story itself. I felt there was a lot of potential and the writing was beautiful, but something was missing.

Tripp Fox and Lexi Shephard are the proverbial Fox and Hound (the mythological Teumessian Fox a
Shy The WidowMaker
Feb 04, 2012 Shy The WidowMaker rated it really liked it
I received this book an an ARC from J Taylor Publishing, I love mythology themed books and this one didn't disappoint. Lexi and Tripp are a force to be reckoned with. They have all the makings of a powerful couple. Aimee Laine crafts a spellbinding story with romance,suspense, and intrigue all mixed in. Lexi is such a headstrong herione with an amazing gift but stuggles with her inner conflicts. Tripp is an amazing leading man with all the right qualities. When you put them together you are in f ...more
Heather turner
Feb 02, 2012 Heather turner rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this book. It has wonderful characters you just cant help but love and the story its self is not one that you have read over and over again in other books. there is good flow and great twists. This book kept me on the edge of my seat i just had to know what was going to happen next. I hope that there are more of this books to come and that we see more of these characters in future books. I highly recommend to anyone who whats a good read you just can't put down.
Anino
Since I was fortunate to receive a copy of this book via Read2Review, I was really excited. For me, the beginning went a little slow, but it managed to managed to gather steam after the 1st few pages... By the time it had ended, it left me wanting for me. I believe that this author has a lot of promise, and I'm looking forward to the next installment.
Emi Gayle
This is my alter-ego's book, so I won't rate it as I don't think that would be fair — I'd have to give it a 5* because I'm 100% biased. ;)
Shirley Frances
Feb 09, 2012 Shirley Frances rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2-review, 2012
A surprisingly great read! I was very surprised by how the author used the dog and fox paradox to construct an amazing love story. The blurb explains most of it away, so I'm not going to go into that. I will say that the characters were amazing, both Tripp and Lexi had many layers they had to shed to be able to get together and make it work. Since everything is supposed to work against them, I was rooting for them from the start. Their banter was entertaining, the love scenes were hot but not ex ...more
Brenda Demko
Mar 01, 2012 Brenda Demko rated it really liked it
I am going to try and convey how much I liked this book. I'm not sure that it's possible though because it was soooo good.

To start with, it was a completely different PNR concept. There were no werewolves, vampires, faeries, witches etc. The hero and heroine were completely human and mostly normal. Normal in this case, was anything but boring. I love a good werewolf book more than the average person but it's nice to to have a change of pace every once in awhile. This was definitely a great optio
Kristen
Mar 09, 2012 Kristen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, fantasy, myths
GENRE: Paranormal Romance
THEME: Mythology
RECEIVED: Won from Author
BLOG: http://seeingnight.blogspot.com/

REVIEW:
Lately I’ve been reading a lot of well-written novel that are based around Greek Mythology. Aimee Laine cleverly crafts Hide & Seek on Zeus’ fox and hound myth. Two people who are pulled together like magnets but also seem to find away to push away from each, afraid of what their destinies might become.

Lexi is a woman who seems to have all the bad luck in finding a good man, but g
Shana (ReadingVixen)
I wanted to give this book 4.5 stars; I really enjoyed it immensely. I loved the premise of certain individuals having "extra" abilities granted them by Zeus, and how it ties the constellations into mythology. The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars was because I felt the relationship between the 2 main characters, Lexi and Tripp, evolved like a whirlwind! Then again, in the context of the book, it made sense, because although they hadn't known each other long, according to the mythology, they ...more
Most romantic ending of all time? 4 14 Jun 10, 2012 05:49PM
  • Fated Encounter (Holloway Pack, #1.1)
  • Into The Unknown (Holloway Pack #1.5, Mimics of Rune #1.5, Lila Gray #1.5)
  • The P.U.R.E.
  • Medusa, A Love Story (Loves of Olympus, #1)
  • Immortal Desires (Well of Souls, #1)
  • Rapture
  • Sweet Hell (Greek God, #2)
  • Pantheons (Pantheons, #1)
  • Asphodel (The Underworld Trilogy, #1)
  • Artemis Rising
  • The Trouble with Nightingale
  • The Dig (Zoe and Zeus Trilogy, #1)
  • Kiss of the Goblin Prince (Shadowlands, #2)
  • Call of the Sea
  • Bleed For Me (Loved By Gods, #1)
  • The Shapeshifter's Secret (The Shapeshifter's Secret, #1)
Aimee is a romantic at heart and a southern transplant with a bit of the accent (but not a whole bunch). She's married to her high school sweetheart, and with him, she's produced three native North Carolinians, two of whom share the same DNA.

With an MBA and a degree in Applied Mathematics, there’s absolutely no reason she should be writing romance novels. Then again, she shouldn't need a calculato
More about Aimee Laine...

Games of Zeus (2 books)
  • Silent Echoes (Games of Zeus, #2)