Start by marking “Nikki and the Lone Wolf” as Want to Read:
Nikki and the Lone Wolf

Nikki and the Lone Wolf (Banksia Bay #3)

3.87 of 5 stars 3.87  ·  rating details  ·  31 ratings  ·  13 reviews
Nikki Morrissy is in beautiful Banksia Bay for a fresh start. Even renting half a cottage from the town's lone wolf, enigmatic Gabe Carver, cannot distract her from focusing on her new life!

And Gabe is determined that, despite having to share his home with the undeniably attractive Nikki, he will keep to himself….

Until a scared and lonely dog, howling into the night, has t...more
Published November 29th 2011 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Nikki and the Lone Wolf, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Nikki and the Lone Wolf

Estara
Jan 30, 2012 Estara rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of Australian contemporary romances with dogs
Shelves: ebook, read-in-2012
Of the three books by Marion Lennox I've read I liked the curmudgeonly but deeply wounded Fishing Fleet owner best. There was more funny dialogue in the Miracle Bride, but Nikki and especially Horse the dog and the fascination with stone fence building (that I associate with Great Britain) really did it for me.

I like that both Nikki and Gabe are successful in their careers, but both have decided to withdraw into themselves after being hurt. Gabe is another of Lennox's boys with a damaged childho...more
The hero was often a jerkwad, but that was intentional. The heroine was determined and brave - and not afraid of the grumpy hero. The final scenes made me cry, especially the descriptions of the boats leaving the harbor. Seriously, tears. But I'm a sucker for animal stories and this series is all about lost dogs finding new homes and bringing people together.
Vanessa Kelly
Lovely book. Heart-felt and emotional, with characters who are realistic in their attempts to deal with life's challenges. I loved the heroine, and the storyline involving an abused dog really got to me. Very well done.
Susan
I loved this book. Gabe was such a grouch that he was almost unlikable, except I could see his pain. He didn't let anyone get close to him. He never let anyone thank him when he did something for them. Nikki had come to Banksia Bay to get away from her previous life, and had no intention of letting him mess it up. When they ended up rescuing a dog, they had to work together. Gabe didn't want to get attached to another dog, but Nikki needed his help. He tried to keep her at arms length, but she j...more
Christa
Ahhhh-dorable! It's got a dog in it. A big dog that provides many "aaawwww!" moments. A big man that does the same. And the heroine is very likeable. A cast of other sweet characters rounds off this tale of "city girl finds herself and love in a small town".

Be aware that the author is from New Zealand, so the dialog is written with 'single' quotes instead of "double". I'm used to this thanks to Shane Parkinson but some folks have trouble getting used to it. Just wanted to mention it so that rea...more
Rebecca
Rating: 3.5 out of 5

Very cute category romance set in Banksia Bay. Lots of angst in this one, mainly because the hero had a traumatic upbringing and rough failed marriage. However, the Banksia Bay series is a real winner for dog lovers. Horse, the injured wolfhound mix rescued by the heroine, will steal your heart.
Lizzie
A very sweet story with a forlorn but compelling male lead and a fairly par for the course city-girl-betrayed-by-lover-starting-over-in-the-country heroine. The animal angle, which had me a bit wary, turned out to be an excellent catalyst for the two leads' development. Thumbs up.
Sandy D.
Cute story set in a seaside village in Australia, featuring an air conditioning systems engineer who learns about stone wall making, a emotionally damaged fisherman who owns his own fleet, and an abandoned Irish wolfhound mix.
ms bookjunkie
Charming. Sweet. Wonderful. With a dog the size of a horse. :)
Mrs.Smith39
May 20, 2013 PWRL marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013-new
A
namericanwordcat
namericanwordcat marked it as to-read
Sep 08, 2014
Mia
Mia marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2014
Christine Hatfield
Christine Hatfield marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2014
Kellie Demarsh
Kellie Demarsh marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2014
Diane
Diane added it
May 21, 2014
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Mar 06, 2014
Elizabeth
Elizabeth marked it as to-read
Feb 11, 2014
Stephanie Herrera
Stephanie Herrera marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2013
Elizabeth
Elizabeth marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Writing romance sounds fascinating. Huh?

I'm a writer. I'm boring. Day after day I sit behind a word processor making up people in my head. Why do I do it? I love it. My husband, Dave, gets up in the morning, puts on a suit and heads out into the ice and cold of Ballarat's winter. (Sadly I live in one of the tiny parts of Australia that qualifies as cold.) I make myself another cup of coffee, head...more
More about Marion Lennox...
The Prince's Captive Wife (The Royal House of Karedes #3) Christmas with Her Boss Abby and the Bachelor Cop Misty and the Single Dad Taming the Brooding Cattleman (The Larkville Legacy #3)

“The measure of a life well lived is how many good dogs you can fit into it.
[or cats]”