Start by marking “Risky Christmas: Holiday Secrets\Kidnapped at Christmas” as Want to Read:
Risky Christmas: Holiday Secrets\Kidnapped at Christmas

Risky Christmas: Holiday Secrets\Kidnapped at Christmas

Mills & Boon Romantic Suspense collection brings you dangerous liasions…

Risky Christmas (featuring 2 stories)

Holiday Secrets — Jill Sorenson

After witnessing her husband’s murder eighteen months ago, Leah is in hiding and has no plans to celebrate Christmas. Though she tries to resist, her handsome new neighbour awakens long-buried feelings of attraction...and bring

ebook, Silhouette Intimate Moments #1679, 224 pages
Published November 1st 2011 by Harlequin (first published October 18th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Risky Christmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Risky Christmas

Penny Watson
Nov 20, 2011 Penny Watson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Holiday Secrets by Jill Sorenson

So far, I've only read the first story of this Harlequin anthology...Jill Sorenson's Holiday Secrets. A wimpy heroine with lots of issues (fear of swimming, fear of the Mob boss who killed her husband, fear of the cute guy next door) falls head over heels for a totally adorable, sexy, I want-one-in-my-stocking-please handyman surfer dude. Schwing! She has 2 kids and is in the witness protection program. He has a hammer and a surfboard. They're perfect for each oth
Paula
Two quick and easy Christmas suspense novellas. Not the most depth to the stories, but still a nice read for the holidays.
Nicole
Review originally posted here: http://thebookpushers.com/2011/12/12/...

Publisher: Harlequin
Publish Date: Out Now!
How I got this book: Review request from Jill

This has been the year of romantic suspense, and Jill Sorenson has become one of my go-to suspense authors this past year. When she offered me a copy of her Christmas novella, I couldn’t imagine turning it down. Suspense AND Christmas? It’s a double wammy!

In Holiday Secrets Leah is hiding away in witness protection from the man who killed h
Blodeuedd Finland
2 novellas in a xmas wrap.

Holiday Secrets by Jill Sorenson
Leah is in witness protection, and afraid of her own shadow. Xmas is at the door. Oh look there is a sexy neighbor next door too. One who is really nice, but yes she is afraid of everything. Also not sure why the killer is after her, sure she is a witness but does her statement get thrown out if he kills her? And gets away with it that is.

Anyway, there is some suspense at the end, guess why.
And they fall in love, fast, yet slow, but fast
Susan
Both stories were good, but too short. The problem with the "two-fer" books is that there just isn't enough time to really give a good feeling for the characters and story. I liked all the characters and the stories.
Maura
Mombo
Loved both short stories! I was actually terrified in "Holiday Secrets", Jill Sorenson's story, although I knew it would have a happy ending. The escape into the water and the suspense of wondering whether Brian was going to get there in time to save Leah, well, let's just say I'm glad that's over.

I think JS was wise in having Leah own up to being in WitSec, well almost, and it went a long way toward showing how quickly and how much Brian and Leah were attracted to each other in a way other tha
Rebecca
Rating: 3.5 out of 5

This book has 2 Christmas romantic suspense novellas: Holiday Secrets by Jill Sorenson and Kidnapped at Christmas by Jennifer Morey. I won a copy of the book from Jill Sorenson on the Romance Around the Corner blog .

RS is not my favorite genre, mostly because I'm a wimp, but also because it's hard to find a balance between the action and the romance. These novellas do a good job of that, but the shorter length makes it harder to buy into the HEA. I think I would have been MU
Barb
Nov 27, 2012 Barb rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
HOLIDAY SECRETS BY JILL SORENSON
After witnessing her husband's murder eighteen months ago, Leah is in hiding and has no plans to celebrate Christmas. Though she tries to resist, her handsome new neighbor awakens long-buried feelings of attraction…and brings a killer to her door.

KIDNAPPED AT CHRISTMAS BY JENNIFER MOREY
Chloe is a struggling artist and thoroughly bored with her life—until a rugged FBI agent pulls her into a fast-paced adventure…and a sizzling love affair! The only damper on their
Pamela(AllHoney)
Two shorts in one book. Both were good in my opinion. Obviously, since they were short, there wasn't a lot to them. But for what they were, the stories did a decent job of telling you the story quickly.
Kaetrin
Read the Jill Sorenson novella only so far. Good story but felt a little rushed, like too much was being fit into the short word count. Had the effect of making it seem a little staccato. I liked the characters though. I think a longer length suits this author better.
Edna
Mar 20, 2016 Edna rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3 Stars

This is for Holiday Secrets by Jill Sorenson only.
Diana
Oct 26, 2016 Diana rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: christmas
Jill Sorenson's story is short but full of action and the romance is sweet. Nice guy hero is refreshing. Wish it had been a bit more Christmas-y.
Liz Mulherin
Jan 06, 2014 Liz Mulherin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I liked the second book better in this two book series.
Michelle
Lighhearted, entertaining, and a good read for the holidays.
missemmamm
decent so far, I have a thing for the Christmas Harlequin books even more so than the usual ones, unfortunately they didn't have any Blaze where I bought this so I chose this one instead.
Nicole Luiken
Oct 24, 2011 Nicole Luiken rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Okay, I confess, I only read the Jill Sorenson novella. I tried one chapter of the other novella and decided it wasn't for me.
Mandi Schreiner
Only read Holiday Secrets by Jill Sorenson. Review to come
Nechole Dawson
Nechole Dawson rated it really liked it
Dec 15, 2015
Joanna
Joanna rated it it was amazing
Nov 28, 2013
Samantha
Samantha rated it liked it
Sep 06, 2013
Elsie Dobrzanski
Elsie Dobrzanski rated it it was ok
Mar 16, 2016
Catherine
Catherine rated it liked it
Apr 07, 2013
Bridget Chamblee
Bridget Chamblee rated it it was amazing
Jun 23, 2014
Christine
Christine rated it it was ok
Apr 05, 2017
Carolyn
Carolyn rated it liked it
Dec 27, 2015
Iris
Iris rated it it was amazing
Nov 13, 2013
Danielle
Danielle rated it liked it
Dec 22, 2012
« previous 1 3 next »
  • Cowboy's Triplet Trouble (Top Secret Deliveries #6)
  • Missing Mother-To-Be
  • Last Spy Standing (SDDU, #11)
  • Tangled Tinsel
  • Negotiating Point (Private Protectors, #4)
  • Grayson (The Lawmen of Silver Creek Ranch #1)
  • One Tough Marine  (Cooper, #3)
  • The Twelve Nights of Christmas
  • The Missing Twin
  • Soldier's Last Stand (H.O.T. Watch #6)
  • Finding Her Son (Carder Texas Connections, #1)
  • The Christmas Love-Child (Snow, Satin and Seduction)
  • The Marshal's Witness
  • Viper's Kiss (McCormack Security Agency, #1)
  • Home for the Holidays
  • Lethal Lies
  • Daring (A-Tac, #3.5)
  • Sweet Surrender, Baby Surprise (Duke Brothers #2)
Jill Sorenson is the RITA-nominated author of more than a dozen novels, including the Aftershock series with HQN. She lives in the San Diego area with her husband and daughters.

More about Jill Sorenson...