Start by marking “Risky Christmas: Holiday Secrets\Kidnapped at Christmas” as Want to Read:
Risky Christmas: Holiday Secrets\Kidnapped at Christmas

Risky Christmas: Holiday Secrets\Kidnapped at Christmas

3.49 of 5 stars 3.49  ·  rating details  ·  51 ratings  ·  15 reviews
Two Christmas stories brimming with passion and danger...

Holiday Secrets by Jill Sorenson
After witnessing her husband's murder eighteen months ago, Leah is in hiding and has no plans to celebrate Christmas. Though she tries to resist, her handsome new neighbor awakens long-buried feelings of attraction...and brings a killer to her door.

Kidnapped at Christmas by Jennifer Mo
ebook, Silhouette Intimate Moments #1679, 224 pages
Published November 1st 2011 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Risky Christmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Risky Christmas

Penny Watson
Holiday Secrets by Jill Sorenson

So far, I've only read the first story of this Harlequin anthology...Jill Sorenson's Holiday Secrets. A wimpy heroine with lots of issues (fear of swimming, fear of the Mob boss who killed her husband, fear of the cute guy next door) falls head over heels for a totally adorable, sexy, I want-one-in-my-stocking-please handyman surfer dude. Schwing! She has 2 kids and is in the witness protection program. He has a hammer and a surfboard. They're perfect for each oth
Nicole
Review originally posted here: http://thebookpushers.com/2011/12/12/...

Publisher: Harlequin
Publish Date: Out Now!
How I got this book: Review request from Jill

This has been the year of romantic suspense, and Jill Sorenson has become one of my go-to suspense authors this past year. When she offered me a copy of her Christmas novella, I couldn’t imagine turning it down. Suspense AND Christmas? It’s a double wammy!

In Holiday Secrets Leah is hiding away in witness protection from the man who killed h
Paula
Two quick and easy Christmas suspense novellas. Not the most depth to the stories, but still a nice read for the holidays.
Susan
Both stories were good, but too short. The problem with the "two-fer" books is that there just isn't enough time to really give a good feeling for the characters and story. I liked all the characters and the stories.
Mombo
Loved both short stories! I was actually terrified in "Holiday Secrets", Jill Sorenson's story, although I knew it would have a happy ending. The escape into the water and the suspense of wondering whether Brian was going to get there in time to save Leah, well, let's just say I'm glad that's over.

I think JS was wise in having Leah own up to being in WitSec, well almost, and it went a long way toward showing how quickly and how much Brian and Leah were attracted to each other in a way other tha
Rebecca
Rating: 3.5 out of 5

This book has 2 Christmas romantic suspense novellas: Holiday Secrets by Jill Sorenson and Kidnapped at Christmas by Jennifer Morey. I won a copy of the book from Jill Sorenson on the Romance Around the Corner blog .

RS is not my favorite genre, mostly because I'm a wimp, but also because it's hard to find a balance between the action and the romance. These novellas do a good job of that, but the shorter length makes it harder to buy into the HEA. I think I would have been MU
Barb
HOLIDAY SECRETS BY JILL SORENSON
After witnessing her husband's murder eighteen months ago, Leah is in hiding and has no plans to celebrate Christmas. Though she tries to resist, her handsome new neighbor awakens long-buried feelings of attraction…and brings a killer to her door.

KIDNAPPED AT CHRISTMAS BY JENNIFER MOREY
Chloe is a struggling artist and thoroughly bored with her life—until a rugged FBI agent pulls her into a fast-paced adventure…and a sizzling love affair! The only damper on their
Kaetrin
Read the Jill Sorenson novella only so far. Good story but felt a little rushed, like too much was being fit into the short word count. Had the effect of making it seem a little staccato. I liked the characters though. I think a longer length suits this author better.
Liz Mulherin
I liked the second book better in this two book series.
Pamela(AllHoney)
Two shorts in one book. Both were good in my opinion. Obviously, since they were short, there wasn't a lot to them. But for what they were, the stories did a decent job of telling you the story quickly.
missemmamm
decent so far, I have a thing for the Christmas Harlequin books even more so than the usual ones, unfortunately they didn't have any Blaze where I bought this so I chose this one instead.
Nicole Luiken
Okay, I confess, I only read the Jill Sorenson novella. I tried one chapter of the other novella and decided it wasn't for me.
Michelle
Lighhearted, entertaining, and a good read for the holidays.
Mandi Schreiner
Only read Holiday Secrets by Jill Sorenson. Review to come
Jennifer Barrett
Cute for a short story
TheBookVixen
TheBookVixen marked it as to-read
Dec 09, 2014
Sandra Beck
Sandra Beck marked it as to-read
Dec 07, 2014
Lily
Lily marked it as to-read
Dec 06, 2014
Paula
Paula marked it as to-read
Nov 21, 2014
Chessemed
Chessemed marked it as to-read
Sep 25, 2014
Melanie Sausser-Burke
Melanie Sausser-Burke marked it as to-read
Sep 16, 2014
Cheryl
Cheryl marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2014
Barbara
Barbara marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2014
Desi Alonso
Desi Alonso marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2014
Melanie
Melanie marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2014
Jen
Jen added it
May 16, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Grayson (Lawmen of Silver Creek Ranch #1)
  • Tangled Tinsel
  • Guns and the Girl Next Door
  • Negotiating Point (Private Protectors, #4)
  • The Longest Night (H.O.T. Watch, #4)
  • The Marshal's Witness
  • The Twelve Nights of Christmas
  • Her Cowboy Distraction (Cowboy Cafe, #1)
  • Home for the Holidays
  • Protecting the Pregnant Witness (The Precinct: S.W.A.T. Team, #3)
  • The Burden of Desire
  • Dangerous Memories
  • The Christmas Love-Child (Snow, Satin and Seduction)
  • Cowboy Sam's Quadruplets (Callahan Cowboys, #5)
  • Fatal Fallout
  • Hot for Santa (Hot in the City, #5)
  • Protecting His Princess
  • Holiday Sparks
Jill Sorenson is the RITA-nominated author of more than a dozen novels, including the Aftershock series with HQN. She lives in the San Diego area with her husband and daughters.

More about Jill Sorenson...
Aftershock (Aftershock, #1) The Edge of Night Crash Into Me Freefall (Aftershock, #2) Badlands (Aftershock, #3)