Start by marking “Lady Folbroke's Delicious Deception (Ladies in Disgrace #1)” as Want to Read:
Lady Folbroke's Delicious Deception (Ladies in Disgrace #1)

Lady Folbroke's Delicious Deception (Ladies in Disgrace #1)

Emily Longesley married the love of her life and hoped that he would learn to love her. Instead, he upped and left their country estate for London. Suffering the snub with dignity, three years on Emily has had enough!Confronting her errant husband, Emily sees that Adrian, Earl of Folbroke, has been robbed of his sight and doesn't know her at all! Emily longs for her husban ...more
Published February 21st 2012 by Harlequin (first published March 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Lady Folbroke's Delicious Deception, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lady Folbroke's Delicious Deception

Cheesecake
OK... reresding this and had to give it another star as I still like it so much despite his cowardly cheating ways... so 4 ; )
#########

Emily and Adrian. Essentially the H is a cheater. There's just no if and or buts about it.
Emily marries Adrian, whom she's loved for years. He up and disappears in London for no reason leaving her behind. A snake in the grass cousin is becoming more and more of a bully and she longs for children, so 3 years later, she goes to London to demand his help. When she
holly quigley
I feel like I shouldn't have liked this book as much as I did. After all, there were plenty of things that were really kind of wrong with it. The whole using-Adrian's-blindness thing was really kind of shitty, and I'm not sure that, after all was said and done, it should have been excused the way it was. Yes, he neglected her for three years and kept his blindness a secret from her. But two wrongs don't make a right, you know? Also, the "virgin-to-her-own-pleasures" sex. Hurl. And he actually sa ...more
Susan
I really liked this book. When Emily came to London to finally confront her husband about his neglect, she did not expect to find him blind and doing his best to kill himself. He didn't recognize her when she found him in the tavern, so she decided to take advantage of that and become his mistress in an attempt to make him fall in love with her. She also couldn't stand to see him in such a hopeless condition and decided to use her position to show him that he could still have a good life. At the ...more
Christine
Aug 18, 2012 Christine rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
This was a tough book to rate. I wanted to take it as a brainless and even whimsical story...Lady Emily hasn't seen her husband in three years and when she finds him to try to talk him into getting her pregnant, only to discover that he's gone blind and doesn't recognize her.

Here's what I finally realized the problem was: It's hard to take a story as simple and brainless when it deals with serious and complex issues, then treats them very lightly.

This book was just too easy. It was too easy th
Karyn Gerrard
Jul 31, 2012 Karyn Gerrard rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Is it just me, or has Harlequin Historical kicked up the 'heat' notch a bit? I'm not complaining, in fact, the extra sizzle I have been reading lately really adds to the stories. As it does here. I enjoyed Christine's Merrill's book. Yes, the heroine snares the hero in a 'deception', but it works. Also loved Folbroke with his failing vision. Well-crafted with believable emotions and love scenes, I heartily recommend this story, and book 2 in this series~
Lisa
I really enjoyed this book. I thought Emily’s behavior and reactions were realistic and justified given the circumstances and Adrian grew as a person and redeemed himself by the end. When the book closes out their relationship is one of mutual love and respect such that I believe they’ll live happily ever after. There were a few plot holes and anachronisms that might have bugged me in normal circumstances but since the story was so well done I didn’t pay them any attention.

Ok so the story goes t
Tracy Poff
Lady Emily Longesley married the man she had loved all her life, Adrian, and hoped for a happy marriage. Only several days after they were married, however, he removed to London, and she hasn't seen him in the three years since.

Discontent with the state of her marriage, Emily goes to London to meet with her errant husband, and bring some kind of resolution to her situation. When she arrives, though, she finds that he is blind, and does not know her voice. So, she schemes to hide her identity, an
Eva
Sep 26, 2015 Eva rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: interesting-much
And The Most Awkward Moments Award goes to....

This novel.

Novel ini bener2 bikin gue kebingungan. Entah emang persepsi gue yang adalah cewek modern sementara karakter2 dalam buku ini adalah orang2 dari masa lampau dengan pandangan out of date mereka masing2. Tapi gue rasa lirik lagunya Vanessa Williams cukup cocok menggambarkan situasi dalam novel ini.

"'Cause how could you give your love to someone else
And share your dreams with me"

Seriously ada yang salah dengan cara berpikir Lord Folbroke. Di
Lynn
I really could have loved this book, but I could not for the life of me understand the reasoning of Adrian's behavior.

SPOILERS?

Adrian is going blind, so for the past 3 years he has ignored his wife, hid in town sleeping with whores and such and thats even before the book started. Emily comes to town to confront her husband, because of the lack of child and the fact that her husband has more or less abandoned her, his heir has been tormenting her... so she is coming to get a child to hang onto th
Consuela Rossetto
Le tre stelle sono per l'autrice e per il suo stile, una lettura scorrevole e le scene d'amore ben scritte. Il personaggio maschile è un vero idiota. Sta per diventare cieco, sposa una fanciulla innocente e innamorata di lui (sorella del suo migliore amico), la lascia dopo le nozze per andarsene a Londra per affogare nel vizio tra bische e bordelli. La sua fedele moglie lo attende per tre anni sospirando nella tenuta in campagna che lei dirige. Poi lei lo va a cercare perché vuole rimanere incin ...more
Kasumi
Otro libro en el que me paso la mitad del mismo perdida porque no queda nada claro qué fue lo que estropeó su matrimonio para empezar. En este caso peor porque parece que es pura cabezonería de él de alejarse de ella para que no descubriera que estaba perdiendo la vista mientras busca morir emborrachandose y jugando en bares de mala muerte y acostándose con prostitutas. Esto último como modo de morir es más discutible, pero como también parece que lo hacía, lo cuento para que quede claro "la pre ...more
Helen
Jan 20, 2016 Helen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this book very much, in part due to engaging characters. The author does a fine job of describing life as a man of very limited sight would experience it. In addition, the social constraints on both men and women are very evident in this plot, showing that even though Emily is a very bright and capable manager of the estate, her position remains dependent on her husband's status. A sign of the times, but irritating nonetheless, is the fact Adrian can visit prostitutes with no loss of s ...more
Jane Wheeler
Jan 04, 2013 Jane Wheeler rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: blind-hero
I don't typically go for blind heros, but this book was actually quite delightful. The plot of "it's easy to hide from the blind guy because he can't tell who you are" has been done, sure. Overall, though, I found Adrian to be pretty darn delicious indeed. He smiles and makes fun of himself and all the while does a ton of things that prove there's absolutely nothing wrong with his lovemaking abilities. And when he does make up his mind to do things a little differently, he takes some personal ri ...more
Bonnigene Cloud
This creative romance gives the reader a different twist by having the couple married. Emily loves her estranged husband and wants to have him back in her life. Unfortunately to do this she pretends that she is someone else. While she is pretending to be her husbands mistress, she falls in love again with the love of her life. But will have have her back in his life? Are things really what she thought they were when he left her?
Teshai
Oct 23, 2015 Teshai rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Harlequin romances are suppose to be quick and easy reads, this one dragged on forever...

I didn't like it at all, because seriously, what was it about. A blind adulterer who couldn't tell his wife from a common chit in a bar?

A man who had a couple of sexual liaisons with a woman, who's name he does not know, and now wants to do more, she made him better himself? Then when they finally have sex he bawls out his wife's name.

Nonsense..

Shell C
After being disappointed in the other M&B regency this month I found Merrill's book to be refreshingly charming.

Though, I enjoyed the novel I did feel both characters and plot could have benefited from further development, as it was the story felt like a vignette from a much more detailed story.
Barbara
Mar 01, 2012 Barbara rated it liked it
drian is going blind but instead of telling anyone, like his wife, he runs away. She comes looking for him and then seduces him when he doesn't realize its his wife Emily. She has no idea he actually loves het, etc. OK, the part where his man of affairs is in love with her is just thrown in to set up the next book, and the writing is a bit iffy, but I still will read the next book.
Wendy Sparrow
Andrea Moreno
Dec 16, 2013 Andrea Moreno rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Esta historia me cautivo ... me encanto q el protagonista no fuera perfecto en los canones clasicos ... es decir su padecimiento y sus temores al rechazo x ello mismo lo hizo mas humano... mas real a mis ojos y m permitio aprender a quererlo x sk mismo no solo x el tipico lord, buenon e infame. Disfrute leyendola.
Tricia
Oct 08, 2014 Tricia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I thought this was a thoroughly lovely story; yes, some of the plot did ask the reader to suspend disbelief but isn't that what we expect of all novels? I thought it was well written, an unusual storyline, but made believable by the characters drawn by the author.
Michelle
Jun 04, 2015 Michelle rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved this and thought it was a different angle on this genre of books. I thought it held a humor that I found myself chuckling though the book. Poor Hendricks. This is just what I needed to help myself recover from "choking down" the last book series I was reading.
Cecilia Rodriguez
Tired of being harassed by her husband's ambitious cousin, Lady Emily Longesley travels to London to find her absent husband.
Merrill story addresses vision loss in an era when very little resources were available.
Kat Evans
Feb 21, 2015 Kat Evans rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-feb-15
A delicious story line though I do believe she acted more than a bit childishly on more than one ocassion. He of course could have manned up and owned to his disability rather than wallow in self-pitty and shame. The ending left you a little wanting but for a romance novel, it was quite good.
Viridiana Ivashkov
3.5
Por algunas situaciones bastante absurdas pero en realidad es un libro entretenido. Tal vez le faltó trabajar más en sus personajes además de que su escenario fue muy pobre. Lo rescatable algunas escenas románticas.
Paolita Arce
Definitivamente este tipo de libros no son lo mío. El romance demasiado cursi me aburre y para mí este libro no tuvo mucho sentido.
Seema
It's a long complicated and interesting story of a blind peer and his wife whom he leaves behind in the country. The story is about how she changes his life.
Maryanne
Sep 20, 2014 Maryanne rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
wonderful twist
Carrie
Jul 08, 2012 Carrie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic book! The great start to a new trilogy. Very recommended for Regency lovers!
Harlequin Historical
Miniseries: Ladies in Disgrace
Gail
May 23, 2012 Gail rated it liked it
Hero and heroine are married--he's been lying to her about an illness--that he's been going blind, and doesn't recognize her when she comes to confront him about his absence.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Unmasking the Duke's Mistress (Gentlemen of Disrepute #1)
  • Seduced by the Scoundrel (Mills & Boon Historical) (Danger & Desire, Book 2)
  • One Unashamed Night (Wellinghams, #2)
  • How to Disgrace a Lady (The Rakes Beyond Redemption #1)
  • Some Like to Shock (Daring Duchesses, #2)
  • An Escapade and An Engagement
  • Bought: The Penniless Lady  (Gentlemen of Fortune, #2)
  • The Runaway Countess
  • A Debt Paid in Marriage (Business of Marriage #1)
  • Captive of the Border Lord (Brunson Clan Trilogy #2)
  • A Question of Impropriety
  • More Than a Mistress (Rakes in Disgrace, #2)
  • The Rancher's Secret Wife (Cooper Creek, #3)
Christine Merrill has wanted to be an author for as long as she can remember. But one thing stood in her way: touch typing.

Six weeks spent on an IBM Selectric in her Sophomore year of high school proved that she would never be able to produce one readable page of manuscript, much less several hundred.

Twenty years passed, and she found ways to pass the time: marrying her high school sweetheart; hav
More about Christine Merrill...

Ladies in Disgrace (3 books)
  • Lady Drusilla's Road to Ruin