Start by marking “Lady Folbroke's Delicious Deception” as Want to Read:
Lady Folbroke's Delicious Deception

Lady Folbroke's Delicious Deception (Ladies in Disgrace #1)

3.65 of 5 stars 3.65  ·  rating details  ·  193 ratings  ·  25 reviews
Emily Longesley married the love of her life and hoped that he would learn to love her. Instead, he upped and left their country estate for London. Suffering the snub with dignity, three years on Emily has had enough!Confronting her errant husband, Emily sees that Adrian, Earl of Folbroke, has been robbed of his sight and doesn't know her at all! Emily longs for her husban ...more
Published February 21st 2012 by Harlequin (first published March 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Lady Folbroke's Delicious Deception, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lady Folbroke's Delicious Deception

holly quigley
I feel like I shouldn't have liked this book as much as I did. After all, there were plenty of things that were really kind of wrong with it. The whole using-Adrian's-blindness thing was really kind of shitty, and I'm not sure that, after all was said and done, it should have been excused the way it was. Yes, he neglected her for three years and kept his blindness a secret from her. But two wrongs don't make a right, you know? Also, the "virgin-to-her-own-pleasures" sex. Hurl. And he actually sa ...more
Susan
I really liked this book. When Emily came to London to finally confront her husband about his neglect, she did not expect to find him blind and doing his best to kill himself. He didn't recognize her when she found him in the tavern, so she decided to take advantage of that and become his mistress in an attempt to make him fall in love with her. She also couldn't stand to see him in such a hopeless condition and decided to use her position to show him that he could still have a good life. At the ...more
Kasumi
Otro libro en el que me paso la mitad del mismo perdida porque no queda nada claro qué fue lo que estropeó su matrimonio para empezar. En este caso peor porque parece que es pura cabezonería de él de alejarse de ella para que no descubriera que estaba perdiendo la vista mientras busca morir emborrachandose y jugando en bares de mala muerte y acostándose con prostitutas. Esto último como modo de morir es más discutible, pero como también parece que lo hacía, lo cuento para que quede claro "la pre ...more
Lynn
I really could have loved this book, but I could not for the life of me understand the reasoning of Adrian's behavior.

SPOILERS?

Adrian is going blind, so for the past 3 years he has ignored his wife, hid in town sleeping with whores and such and thats even before the book started. Emily comes to town to confront her husband, because of the lack of child and the fact that her husband has more or less abandoned her, his heir has been tormenting her... so she is coming to get a child to hang onto th
Tracy Poff
Lady Emily Longesley married the man she had loved all her life, Adrian, and hoped for a happy marriage. Only several days after they were married, however, he removed to London, and she hasn't seen him in the three years since.

Discontent with the state of her marriage, Emily goes to London to meet with her errant husband, and bring some kind of resolution to her situation. When she arrives, though, she finds that he is blind, and does not know her voice. So, she schemes to hide her identity, an
Christine
This was a tough book to rate. I wanted to take it as a brainless and even whimsical story...Lady Emily hasn't seen her husband in three years and when she finds him to try to talk him into getting her pregnant, only to discover that he's gone blind and doesn't recognize her.

Here's what I finally realized the problem was: It's hard to take a story as simple and brainless when it deals with serious and complex issues, then treats them very lightly.

This book was just too easy. It was too easy th
Kat Evans
A delicious story line though I do believe she acted more than a bit childishly on more than one ocassion. He of course could have manned up and owned to his disability rather than wallow in self-pitty and shame. The ending left you a little wanting but for a romance novel, it was quite good.
Tricia
I thought this was a thoroughly lovely story; yes, some of the plot did ask the reader to suspend disbelief but isn't that what we expect of all novels? I thought it was well written, an unusual storyline, but made believable by the characters drawn by the author.
Jane Wheeler
I don't typically go for blind heros, but this book was actually quite delightful. The plot of "it's easy to hide from the blind guy because he can't tell who you are" has been done, sure. Overall, though, I found Adrian to be pretty darn delicious indeed. He smiles and makes fun of himself and all the while does a ton of things that prove there's absolutely nothing wrong with his lovemaking abilities. And when he does make up his mind to do things a little differently, he takes some personal ri ...more
Karyn Gerrard
Is it just me, or has Harlequin Historical kicked up the 'heat' notch a bit? I'm not complaining, in fact, the extra sizzle I have been reading lately really adds to the stories. As it does here. I enjoyed Christine's Merrill's book. Yes, the heroine snares the hero in a 'deception', but it works. Also loved Folbroke with his failing vision. Well-crafted with believable emotions and love scenes, I heartily recommend this story, and book 2 in this series~
Bonnigene Cloud
This creative romance gives the reader a different twist by having the couple married. Emily loves her estranged husband and wants to have him back in her life. Unfortunately to do this she pretends that she is someone else. While she is pretending to be her husbands mistress, she falls in love again with the love of her life. But will have have her back in his life? Are things really what she thought they were when he left her?
Barbara
drian is going blind but instead of telling anyone, like his wife, he runs away. She comes looking for him and then seduces him when he doesn't realize its his wife Emily. She has no idea he actually loves het, etc. OK, the part where his man of affairs is in love with her is just thrown in to set up the next book, and the writing is a bit iffy, but I still will read the next book.
Andrea Moreno
Esta historia me cautivo ... me encanto q el protagonista no fuera perfecto en los canones clasicos ... es decir su padecimiento y sus temores al rechazo x ello mismo lo hizo mas humano... mas real a mis ojos y m permitio aprender a quererlo x sk mismo no solo x el tipico lord, buenon e infame. Disfrute leyendola.
Shell C
After being disappointed in the other M&B regency this month I found Merrill's book to be refreshingly charming.

Though, I enjoyed the novel I did feel both characters and plot could have benefited from further development, as it was the story felt like a vignette from a much more detailed story.
Viridiana Ivashkov
3.5
Por algunas situaciones bastante absurdas pero en realidad es un libro entretenido. Tal vez le faltó trabajar más en sus personajes además de que su escenario fue muy pobre. Lo rescatable algunas escenas románticas.
Gail
Hero and heroine are married--he's been lying to her about an illness--that he's been going blind, and doesn't recognize her when she comes to confront him about his absence.
Welzen
Me ha gustado bastante, salvo por la actitud de la protagonista en algunas que otras ocasiones.
Renn
Loved how she seduced her husband, and he didn't even know that she was his wife.
KaiaRose
The only thing I have to say about this book is that the hero is a total douchebag idiot.
Carrie
Fantastic book! The great start to a new trilogy. Very recommended for Regency lovers!
Aya
I loved the hero ,and his wife but I DID NOT like the way she deceive him
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Ladies in Disgrace
Category: Historical Romance
Harlequin Historical
Miniseries: Ladies in Disgrace
Shweta
Shweta marked it as to-read
Feb 26, 2015
  • Unmasking the Duke's Mistress (Historical)
  • One Unashamed Night (Wellinghams, #2)
  • Married to a Stranger
  • An Escapade and An Engagement
  • To Catch a Rogue
  • How to Disgrace a Lady
  • Highland Rogue, London Miss
  • A Question of Impropriety
  • Unbuttoning Miss Hardwick
  • Bought: The Penniless Lady  (Gentlemen of Fortune, #2)
  • Marriage of Mercy
  • The Last Cahill Cowboy (Cahill Cowboys, #4)
  • Haunted by the Earl's Touch
  • Bartered Bride
Christine Merrill has wanted to be an author for as long as she can remember. But one thing stood in her way: touch typing.

Six weeks spent on an IBM Selectric in her Sophomore year of high school proved that she would never be able to produce one readable page of manuscript, much less several hundred.

Twenty years passed, and she found ways to pass the time: marrying her high school sweetheart; hav
More about Christine Merrill...

Ladies in Disgrace (3 books)
  • Lady Drusilla's Road to Ruin
  • Lady Priscilla's Shameful Secret
The Inconvenient Duchess (The Radwells #1) Miss Winthorpe's Elopement (Belston & Friends #1) An Unladylike Offer Paying the Virgin's Price (Regency Silk & Scandal, #2) Taken by the Wicked Rake (Regency Silk & Scandal, #8)