The Rancher's Courtship (Brides of Simpson Creek, #4)

The Rancher's Courtship (Brides of Simpson Creek #4)

3.94 of 5 stars 3.94  ·  rating details  ·  78 ratings  ·  17 reviews

Though Caroline Wallace can't have a family, she can still have a purpose. Becoming Simpson Creek's new schoolmarm helps heal the heartache of losing Pete, her fiance, to influenza. Then Pete's brother arrives, trailing a herd of cattle and twin six-year-old girls.
Jack Collier expected Pete and his bride to care for his daughters until he was settled in Montana. But bad w...more
Published November 1st 2011 by Love Inspired Historicals (first published January 1st 2011)

MariaFernanda
Absolutely lovely! Another beautiful novel by Kingery!! And a fantastic addition to the Brides of Simpson Creek! When I was in the library today, I was torn over which books to leave behind (we were under strict orders to only bring 5!). Well, I certainly put this book in my take asap pile!! And I don't regret it! (By the way, I ended up sneaking 9 books to rent! Oh yeah!)
It was very touching and filled me with a renewed sense of love toward myself and those close to me, family and friends!
The...more
Carol Erhardt
Nov 03, 2011 Carol Erhardt rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone who enjoys reading Christian historical romances
Just finished reading The Rancher's Courtship by Laurie Kingery. This is the fourth book in the Brides of Simpson Creek series. I enjoy reading historicals set in America in the mid-1800's. This one didn't disappoint. Along with the romance, there were some serious issues explored as well: sexual harrassment and child abuse. And the ending was dramatic, suspenseful, and kept me up way past my bedtime to finish it!
Linda
I'm reading all the books in this series "Bridges of Simpson Creek" and this is the 4th in the series. These are "sweet" romance and are also Historical romances from "Love Inspired" books. There is no "heat" in this book and these books are "Faith" base. It's just a very sweet romance about a lady that lost her Fiance to influenza and becomes the Schoolmarm of her little town. Then out of the blue the brother of the fiance shows up hoping to see his brother and meet his new wife (mail being wha...more
Highland-dreamer
Gail
How do you go on when the man you are about to marry dies from a flu epidemic? Well you do go on and end up meeting his brother who has lost his wife and comes to town with his two children without realizing that his brother has died until Caroline tells Jack! There is some sort of immediate attraction between them and Caroline really loves his two children and eventually they realize they are falling in love and end up together!
I loved this story and would have given it 5 stars except it seemed...more
Shawn
For some reason I think this book was my least favorite so far in the series but still enjoyed the book.
steph
This was cute. Albeit predictable at times but still very, very cute and enjoyable. The romance was sweet between the leads and the twins were adorable seven year old. This series is really well done as a whole. Every book leaves me happy when I close the last page. Its nothing new as far as plot goes, but it has goos writing and lively characters.
Christina
A good story, but I have to say that I liked the previous books in the series better, hence the 4 stars instead of 5 stars. I loved all of Laurie's books in this series, and I am glad that she is already planning to write two more.
Nina
This is a great book, filled with lots of beautiful descriptions, characters, action and a very interesting story line. This writer takes you right into the book, and I loved it.
Eesh
I loved everything about this book. The H and h met under horrible circumstances, but gradually build a love for one another. Great romance novel.
Pam M
This was really another 3.5 for me, a little dragged out in places but It was an enjoyable read no the less.
Nancy A.
I love this book also keep up the good work.
Nikki
Love it! Needed a better first kiss though.
heather
it was very heart warming tale of love!
Harlequin Historical
Miniseries: Brides of Simpson Creek
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Brides of Simpson Creek
Lisa
Great historical romance book. I loved it!
Katiemeloche
Katiemeloche marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2014
Angela
Angela marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2014
Holly
Holly marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2014
Shaye
Shaye marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2014
Amber Perra
Amber Perra marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2014
Emily
Emily marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2014
Kay
Kay marked it as to-read
Jun 03, 2014
Tara
Tara marked it as to-read
May 11, 2014
Samanta Bićanić
Samanta Bićanić marked it as to-read
May 11, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
1934565
Laurie Kingery is a central Ohio author and veteran E.R. RN who wrote 16 historical romances as Laurie Grant and now writes inspirational historicals for Steeple Hill. She won the Reader's Choice for short historicals in 1994. Her website is http://www.lauriekingery.com. Country Christmas was her first inspirational historical in Oct. '08; her next release from Steeple Hill was The Outlaw's Lady i...more
More about Laurie Kingery...
Mail Order Cowboy (Brides of Simpson Creek, #1) The Doctor Takes a Wife (Brides of Simpson Creek, #2) The Sheriff's Sweetheart (Brides of Simpson Creek, #3) The Outlaw's Lady Hill Country Cattleman (Brides of Simpson Creek, #6)