Start by marking “Midas Touch: Why Some Entrepreneurs Get Rich--and Why Most Don't” as Want to Read:
Midas Touch: Why Some Entrepreneurs Get Rich--and Why Most Don't

Midas Touch: Why Some Entrepreneurs Get Rich--and Why Most Don't

3.98  ·  Rating Details  ·  759 Ratings  ·  61 Reviews
Donald Trump and Robert Kiyosaki join forces for the first time since Why We Want You To Be Rich!

In a world of high unemployment with an economy that needs new jobs to recover, who isn’t hungry for a solution, something that brings about recovery fast? Many look to government, but it’s becoming obvious that governments can’t create real jobs. The little-known truth is that
Audio CD, 0 pages
Published October 4th 2011 by Simon & Schuster Audio

To ask other readers questions about Midas Touch, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Midas Touch

Nathanael
This is probably the best book on business and entrepreneurship I've ever read. Simultaneously inspiring and daunting, it contains fantastic insights and candid lessons into what it takes to succeed in the rough and tumble of the real world. My biggest takeaway is that I shouldn't be asking myself if I have what it takes to succeed in business -- the correct question is whether I'm willing to do what it takes to learn it and keep going.

The contents were great, and I only have one complaint: this
Frederick Frankenstein
This book is so concise with how many lessons it teaches, advice and guidelines that I am amazed at how valuable it is for how short it was. You get two different successful people with experience giving their perspectives and anecdotes and its still so small which tells a lot about their attitude of not wasting your time.

You see a lot of these symbolic programs but never hear strong recommendations or end up with a applicable model. Midas Touch surprises in connecting their analogy, you will se
Tony Jr.
Apr 24, 2015 Tony Jr. rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2015
I really like this book! Its a must-read for every entrepreneur. Robert and Donald team up to pen a practical guide on what it takes to be a successful entrepreneur. I appreciate the fact that they didn’t try to sell a pipe dream. They were very real and straight-forward and didn’t shy away from the fact that entrepreneurship is hard work and sacrifice is a prerequisite to success. Here is one of my favorite statements Robert makes:

p13 "Entrepreneurs need to work 24/7 in the start-up phase, ofte
Waseem
Apr 27, 2015 Waseem rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is a bit FRUSTRATING...

First let me say I am not taking anything away from Trump and Kiyosaki as great business leaders as well as teachers who have achieved great heights in business and worth listening to - I am already a fan of both and read many of their books ...

But here is where the problem lays... If your completely new to their material...or even entrepreneurship books in general, then this is easily a 5 star top grade book

But myself personally ...I as a previous and already lo
Denise Spicer
Nov 24, 2015 Denise Spicer rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: business students, fans of Donald Trump
Full of lots of advice from this writing duo. Discusses how to achieve success using five key points as represented by the fingers on a hand. Index represents focus, and the whole chapter shows how to develop your business focus. Middle finger is your brand which must be genuine and meaningful to make life better for others which brings us to the ring finger (chapter 4) about relationships... Offers sage advice on partners and customers. The little finger represents the”little things that count” ...more
Fabrizio Poli
Jul 04, 2015 Fabrizio Poli rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Donald Trump & Robert Kiyosaki and some of my favourite business authors, so for me to see them team up to write a book is great.

In The Midas Touch they teach a template for developing the Midas Touch:

THUMB: Strength of Character
INDEX FiNGER: F.O.C.U.S.= Follow One Course Until Successful
MIDDLE FINGER: Brand
RING FINGER: Relationships
LITTLE FINGER: Little things that count

They both tell personal business stories of both failures and successes, with a big emphasis on lessons learnt as a result
Claire
Oct 18, 2014 Claire rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The best message is in his afterword: "Commit to being a life-long learner."

I strongly disagreed with F.O.C.U.S. - focus on one course until successful - since the reason I veer off course is to avert suicide. I did not follow through with my mission to become an oboe performance expert since I nearly died in an accident returning from a concert. Public transport is my friend.

The reason I didn't rate this lower is that I like his organisation: each chapter is a phalange.
The reason I didn't rate
Idayu  Mumtaz
Feb 19, 2015 Idayu Mumtaz rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Highly recommending it to everyone to change our perspective in choosing our career, thinking big & making our dreams & passion come true. The employee's mindset & that attitude of preferring to stay in one's comfort zone have to change. Moreover, I get to realize how important it is to be financially educated which today's generation (my generation) is missing out unless their parents teach them.

And starting up a business is just like anything else, it has got to be passion, plan, e
Nicholas Xifaras
Jun 27, 2014 Nicholas Xifaras rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I revere reading books by Robert and Donald. Their views on life, personally and financially are verily insightful while contentious. Contentious solely because they write the truth, and do not let the government’s or the banks opinion sway their word. In this book, they expounded on what it takes to enable your Midas touch. Midas’s touch is when you touch something, it turns into gold.

Basically they broke it down into five different fingers, each one representing a pivotal quality that is esse
Aaron
Feb 08, 2014 Aaron rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Their five points of the Midas Touch, the five fingers: Strength of Character, F.O.C.U.S., Brand, Relationships, and Little Things That Count are great points to keep in mind in the business world. However, I felt the book could have been condensed into a pamphlet highlighting these five things. Though it was interesting reading Donald Trump's stories and his crazy expenditures on golf courses! Such as $275 million to refurbish one in California, I know Trump said he spent that much cause he doe ...more
Alain Burrese
Aug 05, 2012 Alain Burrese rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: success
"Midas Touch: Why Some Entrepreneurs Get Rich - And Why Most Don't" by Donald J. Trump and Robert T. Kiyosaki is the second collaboration between these two business tycoons, and a very good book for the entrepreneur or would-be-entrepreneur. I enjoyed their first effort, "Why We Want You To Be Rich," but I think this one is even better and more timely for those wanting to start or grow their own businesses. There is a short foreword by Mark Burnett and then five main chapters. The authors relate ...more
Heather
May 23, 2012 Heather rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A fantastic book for those interested in separating the wheat from the chaff. You might think this book is just some quickie that Donald Trump and Robert Kiyosaki threw together to make a buck but the truth is these multi millionaires don't need a quick buck and they don't have to take time out of their precious and busy lives to write this book for people like us still wanting to make the climb.

This somewhat slim book may look like it would be a fast read but in reality if you find the informat
Ahmed Al sanhani
Mar 07, 2016 Ahmed Al sanhani rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Insightful with both Donald and Robert's experiences in business world.

The multiple intelligence theory is really interesting. Nicely applied in this book to the business field.

The 8 integrities do really play key role in entrepreneurs' success. I learnt things from these 8 integrities which I thought wouldn't play major role in the success of a business.

The more I read the things in this book, the more I realize how practical this book is. It is damn good book. It is really worth reading it mor
Rosella LaFevre
Robert J. Kiyosaki, author of Rich Dad Poor Dad, and real estate magnate Donald Trump have authored two books together. I recently read their second book, Midas Touch. It had some fascinating views that I'm still pondering. The book is centered on the idea that the entrepreneurs who get rich do so because they have the Midas Touch.
To read more of my notes from reading Midas Touch: http://www.rosellalafevre.com/biz-boo...
Dio Aufa Handoyo
Interesting and clear-cut 5-point framework of approaching entrepreneurship. Felt like the key concepts can be summarized in an article, but some of the abundant examples given were enlightening (except Trump's, which were rather distant from most people since his examples were already in the millionaire level). Light to read and easy to grasp concepts.
Alex Vasai
I have great respect for Donald Trump, he developed his businesses like no one else and he created so many jobs. I read this book to improve my entrepreneurial skills and I agree that entrepreneurs are vital for the economy because only they can offer jobs to people.
Both authors focus on 5 aspects to be considered by a businessman which can be easily remembered by looking at your fingers. Somehow, I think they added some commercial parts (too many mentions about their books - Art of the Deal and
Olwen
Nov 10, 2013 Olwen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: business
It takes a huge amount of courage to admit your mistakes; even more to admit them in excruciating detail in the pages of a book with your own name on the front. So I’m in awe of one of the authors, Robert Kiyosaki, who has so generously described many of the mistakes he made in business so the rest of us are less likely to make the same mistakes. (I found myself wincing through many of the passages.) It was also good to read more of Donald Trump’s business philosophy, particularly his attention ...more
Brandon Mullan
Mar 15, 2016 Brandon Mullan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
One of my favorite entrepreneur books. I keep it close by and reference it a lot. I enjoy how they break down five important components of entrepreneurship. The most stand out component to me is the part about emotional resiliency. So important and so rarely talked about.
Brian Doan
Feb 20, 2015 Brian Doan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I started a business with some of my partners a year ago. I wished I read this book before I started. This book successfully highlight the dilemmas of business. From leadership, finance to partnership. They provided lots of tips and knowledge on how to overcome the dilemmas. Great read for any entrepreneur. Highly recommended.
S.K. Thomas
May 21, 2015 S.K. Thomas rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great beginning book with information broken down easy to understand, at any stage of entrepreneurship and incorporate into their own business. Both of these men together have amazing knowledge and wisdom to teach and share.
Michael Tarpinian
Not as good as I thought it would be. Donald, who I never read before and don't really care for as a businessman, had some good stories. The big thing was collaborating with others.
Noppadol Ekpaksakool
Based on real experiences from both of top gurus.
Do's and Dont's kinds in this book are practically shared.

Cheers, Hia Nops.
Steff Schultz
Apr 24, 2015 Steff Schultz rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Insightful interesting book which inspires. Some wonderful tips and a different perspective on business and entrepreneurship.
Melissa Bishop
Nov 21, 2011 Melissa Bishop rated it it was amazing
Trump and Kiyosaki are at it again, doing more for American than any 'occupy' protest could ever dream of doing. These financial powerhouses are right, what we need in this country are more entrepreneurs, good ones, not wannabes. Money is not an evil thing. It is an inanimate object, a tool. These two men, entrepreneurs,show us why having such a great tool is so important and how using it properly can enact the right kind of change-real change our nation, and the world, needs. Wrap up a copy to ...more
Sugiono
Sep 02, 2014 Sugiono rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: entrepreneurs
how i could read this book? i bought the book but i want to read it on my ipad.. help me
Zacky Zane
Oct 29, 2015 Zacky Zane rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
เปนหนังสือทีผูประกอบการ และผูทีตองการเปนผูประกอบการ ตองอาน ...more
Walter Weston
Mar 06, 2015 Walter Weston rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good book on building a business. Very enjoyable read.
Mary
Dec 21, 2014 Mary rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I think every entrepreneur should read this book but it isn't for you if you aren't in your own business or are trying to become an entrepreneur. You might find that it does not apply at all to your life. :)
Jeremy Plastow
Insightful book. A would recommend this book to anyone.
Eric Kostadinov
Quite an entertaining read. Would not call it eye-opening, but given that this is my first entrepreneurial book I go into, I can say it offers a good basic start to people, who are more interested in offering value to the world, rather than just being ordinary employees. The idea is simple, yet strong - make something out of yourself.
Nothing ground breaking or mind-blowing. Will not change your life, but just might give you that new business perspective of thinking big and always striving towar
Changed my life. 1 7 Mar 12, 2014 11:29AM
  • Unfair Advantage: The Power of Financial Education
  • Get Rich Click!: The Ultimate Guide to Making Money on the Internet
  • Earn the Right to Win: How Success in Any Field Starts with Superior Preparation
  • Business by the Book: The Complete Guide of Biblical Principles for the Workplace
  • Donny Deutsch's Big Idea: How To Make Your Entrepreneurial Dreams Come True, From The AHA Moment To Your First Million
  • Screw Business As Usual
  • The Eventual Millionaire: How Anyone Can Be an Entrepreneur and Successfully Grow Their Startup
  • Power Friending: Demystifying Social Media to Grow Your Business
  • You Are a Brand!: How Smart People Brand Themselves for Business Success
  • How Toyota Became #1: Leadership Lessons from the World's Greatest Car Company
  • The Intelligent Entrepreneur: How Three Harvard Business School Graduates Learned the 10 Rules of Successful Entrepreneurship
  • Sales Dogs: You Do Not Have to Be an Attack Dog to Be Successful in Sales
  • Trump Strategies for Real Estate: Billionaire Lessons for the Small Investor
Donald John Trump is an American business executive, entrepreneur, television and radio personality, author and 2016 Presidential Candidate for the Republican Party. He is the CEO of the Trump Organization, a US-based real-estate developer, and the founder of Trump Entertainment, which operates several casinos. He received a great deal of publicity following the success of his reality television s ...more
More about Donald J. Trump...

“I like to think of the word FOCUS as Follow One Course Until Successful.” 8 likes
“living your words, walking your talk, and talking your walk.” 7 likes