Start by marking “The Outlaw (Rocky Mountain, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Outlaw (Rocky Mountain, #1)

The Outlaw (Rocky Mountain #1)

A SWEEPING WESTERN HISTORICAL ROMANCE BY NYT BESTSELLING AUTHOR NICOLE JORDAN; A ROCKY MOUNTAIN BRIDE BOOK

Lovers in the midst of a lawless Colorado range war, Jake McCord and Caitlin Kingsly boldly forsake their feuding families for a blazing, forbidden passion. Then Caitlin's brother is killed by her beloved -- and the beautiful hellion learns to hate the renegade she onc
Published September 20th 2011 by Spencerhill Associates (first published 1996)

To ask other readers questions about The Outlaw, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Outlaw

Lynsey A
This book would have 4 stars if not for the heroine. She was so, if I may borrow from Mia, yes-no-yes-no, in her relationship with Jake. I understand a book should have some conflict but the constant back and forth on her feelings for Jake drove me crazy. The fact that Catilin for some reason seemed to think Jake would be a danger to Ryan really upset me. She just wasn't my favorite heroine.

I liked Jake just for the sheer fact he never gave up on Caitlin (although, IMO, he should have).

Truly, I
Zoe
Jul 20, 2016 Zoe rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This heroine, I have no words. maybe it is my state of mind as well. I really cannot tolerate an angry heroine. such heroines make me feel so.....angry? I don't respond well to female rage. it makes me want to run away.
Hanan
Oct 15, 2011 Hanan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Netanella
I like Nicole Jordan, don't get me wrong, but this book was frustrating. Our heroine Caitlin is anything but a heroine - she is whiny and self-centered and my hats off to Jake to trying so hard - I would have left her in her self-righteous misery a long time ago.
Arzoo Sy
Quinetta smith
Feb 14, 2017 Quinetta smith rated it it was amazing
WOW! Love Nicole Jordan!! She is always an auto buy for me and this is one of my favorites!! Just read it qgai

Nicole is always an auto buy. This is one of my of my favorites just re read it for the third time. Nicole , I'd you see this please please please write Wolf's story!!
Denise
Sep 28, 2014 Denise rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romances
I know everyone is down on the heroine of this book, but I'm not feeling it. It had to be hard to be as young as she was, with no support from family and pregnant with her lover's child. In that day and age she was lucky to be able to go to her aunt and fake a marriage to protect herself. Can you imagine finding out your lover and child's father is a killer and a target for every bounty hunter within several states? I understand that she loved Jake, but it is only in fairy tales (and romance nov ...more
Sandra R
Aug 20, 2016 Sandra R rated it really liked it
Very well written and steamy romance. Interesting and involved story of a feud between cattle ranchers and sheep ranchers with the h/h caught in the middle. Lots of cowboys and gun-slinging. Caitlin kept changing her mind about the hero which I gather some readers didn't like, but if she had made a firm decision at the beginning, I guess there wouldn't have been much of a story...
Josephine
I didn't enjoy this as much as I did from all the other works she wrote. I honestly felt Caitlin was a bit selfish and so indecisive I nearly wanted to pull out my hair. I liked Jake's character though.atleast he was consistent and the hell he has been through built on his character.
April Brookshire
Awesome hero, stubborn heroine. I think the hero made a mistake in not contacting the heroine during the four years he was an outlaw and I think the heroine was too hard on him even after he cleared his name. The book could have also used more villainy. Otherwise, it was an enjoyable enough read.
Kathy Anne
Oct 02, 2011 Kathy Anne rated it did not like it
This is the prequel to Jordans ,The Heartbreaker which I gave 5*,but this book is about nothing but range wars and killing-hardly room for romance !

Reread
Tpga01
Tpga01 rated it really liked it
Apr 19, 2013
Peggy
Peggy rated it really liked it
Mar 12, 2015
Louise
Louise rated it liked it
Feb 12, 2012
Zuhira
Zuhira rated it really liked it
Dec 03, 2011
Tracey
Tracey rated it really liked it
Oct 04, 2013
Diaconu Anca
Diaconu Anca rated it it was amazing
Jul 12, 2015
Nancy
Nancy rated it really liked it
Apr 01, 2009
robin dedear
robin dedear rated it it was amazing
Feb 20, 2015
Jessica
Jessica rated it really liked it
Sep 11, 2012
Thanh
Thanh rated it really liked it
May 23, 2014
Tatix
Tatix rated it liked it
Nov 10, 2012
Marsha Grady
Marsha Grady rated it really liked it
Jan 26, 2014
Kylie
Kylie rated it really liked it
Aug 20, 2014
Np
Np rated it it was amazing
Dec 01, 2012
Natalie Elliot
Natalie Elliot rated it it was amazing
May 26, 2014
JudyB
JudyB rated it really liked it
Jul 17, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Mountain Wild (Wild, #3)
  • Night Wind's Woman (Santa Fe Trilogy, #1)
  • Gray Hawk's Lady
  • Twin Passions
  • The Bounty (Malloy Family, #1)
  • The Bride Wore Feathers
  • Romancing Olive (Prairie Romance, #1)
  • Waiting for Baby
  • Sweet Prairie Passion (Savage Destiny, #1)
  • Jake (The Cowboys, #1)
  • Kissing Kelli  (Texas Legacy Romantic Comedy, #1)
  • A Reason to Live (Forrester Brothers, #1)
  • Passion's Sweet Revenge (Marshall Brothers, #2)
  • A Taste Of Heaven
  • First Love, Wild Love
  • Cold Night, Warm Stranger
  • Confessions of a Scoundrel (Talisman Ring, #2)
  • Capture the Night
New York Times bestselling author Nicole Jordan spins delightful tales that simmer with passion and sensuality. In her former life, Nicole grew up as an Army brat, moving frequently and attending high school in Germany. She later earned a civil engineering degree from Georgia Tech and spent eight years as a manufacturing manager making disposable diapers and toilet tissue! Currently Nicole lives i ...more
More about Nicole Jordan...

Rocky Mountain (2 books)
  • The Heart Breaker (Rocky Mountain, #2)