Start by marking “Eat Raw, Eat Well: 400 Raw, Vegan and Gluten-Free Recipes” as Want to Read:
Eat Raw, Eat Well: 400 Raw, Vegan and Gluten-Free Recipes

Eat Raw, Eat Well: 400 Raw, Vegan and Gluten-Free Recipes

4.11 of 5 stars 4.11  ·  rating details  ·  54 ratings  ·  9 reviews
"Creative raw cuisine recipes for delicious nutrient-rich dishes."

Raw food diets (where food is eaten raw and if heated, the temperature can't exceed 118 degrees Fahrenheit) are becoming increasingly popular today for a variety of reasons: a quest for weight loss and increased energy, reduced risk of diseases, an aversion to animal based foods or simply a desire to consume
Published March 16th 2012 by Robert Rose

To ask other readers questions about Eat Raw, Eat Well, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Eat Raw, Eat Well

Heather Pearson
About two years ago, I first heard of 'raw food' and have been curious since then. When I saw Eat Raw, Eat Well by Douglas McNish in the store, I had to bring it home and hopefully satisfy my yearnings. Right off, I have to tell you that I wasn't disappointed and that Chef Doug exceeded my expectations in every area. I found that each dish was a flavour adventure and that there is no reason for eating boring, flavourless foods when there are innovative chefs like Doug who are willing to share th ...more
Delicious and filling recipes, although some might be a little complicated. Even omnivorous friends/relatives will love the food, especially the lasagna!
Wonderful Cook book!!
At first this book looked overwhelming, but when I decided to dive into it, it made wonderful meals. For example the "Zucchini Lasagna" you had to make about 4 different little recipes. They were easy enough, and I could make them up to 3 days prior. Everyone Loved the lasagna, and the Cashew Cheese recipe had enough left over for a great Cheese and Cracker dip. The Marina and the spinach recipe had enough for a great pasta meal another day.
So many wonderful versatile recip
Hana Curry
The amount of recipes that I want to try in this book is staggering! Several of them require the soaking of nuts, which I have yet to try but and really intrigued by. It took me so long to get through this book because I had to make so many notes for my own cookbook. I might even consider this a "buy" after trying out some more recipes.
I really enjoy this book, and if anyone wants a cookbook that's loaded with healthy food recipes, then this is the book for you! My only complaint is, as always, not enough pictures for me. I just can't do the cookbooks with no pictures.
Natashya KitchenPuppies
A great resource for those who want to maintain a raw, unprocessed diet.
See my full review here - http://livinginthekitchenwithpuppies....
Nanci Booher
I borrowed this book from the library in hopes it would help me in converting to a raw diet. I have decided to purchase it as it is sure to become my "go to" for my recipes.
Andrea Lewis
The recipes were simple to follow. It was also nice to have colorful photographs of the dishes. I never knew that raw food could look so appetizing.
This was the best and most practical raw "cookbook" I've read so far. Some great recipes!
Shari Gonzales
Shari Gonzales marked it as to-read
Oct 21, 2015
Misstiins marked it as to-read
Sep 04, 2015
Linda Porter
Linda Porter marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2015
Ellie marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2015
Kristen marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2015
Melissa marked it as to-read
May 07, 2015
Whitney marked it as to-read
May 04, 2015
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Mar 17, 2015
Bee added it
Mar 03, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Vegan Cooking & C...: Eat Raw, Eat Well by Douglas McNish 4 15 Sep 26, 2012 03:04PM
Douglas McNish is an executive chef, cooking teacher and raw food consultant who is passionate about sharing his knowledge about the raw food lifestyle. He has personally experienced the benefits -- he lost 100 pounds in 2 years since embracing the diet. Douglas lives in Ontario.
More about Douglas McNish...