Start by marking “Eat Raw, Eat Well: 400 Raw, Vegan and Gluten-Free Recipes” as Want to Read:
Eat Raw, Eat Well: 400 Raw, Vegan and Gluten-Free Recipes

Eat Raw, Eat Well: 400 Raw, Vegan and Gluten-Free Recipes

4.10  ·  Rating Details  ·  61 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
"Creative raw cuisine recipes for delicious nutrient-rich dishes."

Raw food diets (where food is eaten raw and if heated, the temperature can't exceed 118 degrees Fahrenheit) are becoming increasingly popular today for a variety of reasons: a quest for weight loss and increased energy, reduced risk of diseases, an aversion to animal based foods or simply a desire to consume
Published March 16th 2012 by Robert Rose

To ask other readers questions about Eat Raw, Eat Well, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Eat Raw, Eat Well

Heather Pearson
Jan 26, 2013 Heather Pearson rated it really liked it
Shelves: canadian
About two years ago, I first heard of 'raw food' and have been curious since then. When I saw Eat Raw, Eat Well by Douglas McNish in the store, I had to bring it home and hopefully satisfy my yearnings. Right off, I have to tell you that I wasn't disappointed and that Chef Doug exceeded my expectations in every area. I found that each dish was a flavour adventure and that there is no reason for eating boring, flavourless foods when there are innovative chefs like Doug who are willing to share th ...more
Vanessa
Jun 14, 2014 Vanessa rated it it was amazing
Delicious and filling recipes, although some might be a little complicated. Even omnivorous friends/relatives will love the food, especially the lasagna!
Angelica
Jan 04, 2013 Angelica rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cook-books
Wonderful Cook book!!
At first this book looked overwhelming, but when I decided to dive into it, it made wonderful meals. For example the "Zucchini Lasagna" you had to make about 4 different little recipes. They were easy enough, and I could make them up to 3 days prior. Everyone Loved the lasagna, and the Cashew Cheese recipe had enough left over for a great Cheese and Cracker dip. The Marina and the spinach recipe had enough for a great pasta meal another day.
So many wonderful versatile recip
Hana Curry
Aug 12, 2014 Hana Curry rated it really liked it
Shelves: cookbooks
The amount of recipes that I want to try in this book is staggering! Several of them require the soaking of nuts, which I have yet to try but and really intrigued by. It took me so long to get through this book because I had to make so many notes for my own cookbook. I might even consider this a "buy" after trying out some more recipes.
Claudia
Oct 09, 2012 Claudia rated it really liked it
I really enjoy this book, and if anyone wants a cookbook that's loaded with healthy food recipes, then this is the book for you! My only complaint is, as always, not enough pictures for me. I just can't do the cookbooks with no pictures.
Natashya KitchenPuppies
Jun 26, 2012 Natashya KitchenPuppies rated it it was amazing
A great resource for those who want to maintain a raw, unprocessed diet.
See my full review here - http://livinginthekitchenwithpuppies....
Nanci Booher
Aug 18, 2013 Nanci Booher rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cookbooks
I borrowed this book from the library in hopes it would help me in converting to a raw diet. I have decided to purchase it as it is sure to become my "go to" for my recipes.
Andrea Lewis
Sep 10, 2013 Andrea Lewis rated it it was amazing
The recipes were simple to follow. It was also nice to have colorful photographs of the dishes. I never knew that raw food could look so appetizing.
Emily
Apr 28, 2015 Emily rated it it was amazing
This was the best and most practical raw "cookbook" I've read so far. Some great recipes!
Dima Dimin
Dima Dimin marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2016
Syntia
Syntia marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2016
Paulla
Paulla marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2016
Lexie
Lexie added it
Jul 06, 2016
Jessica
Jessica rated it it was amazing
May 22, 2016
Lissa
Lissa marked it as to-read
May 02, 2016
Tanya
Tanya marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2016
Sarah rated it it was amazing
Apr 03, 2016
Janine Meredith
Janine Meredith marked it as to-read
Mar 29, 2016
Sooz
Sooz rated it really liked it
Mar 22, 2016
Fiona
Fiona marked it as to-read
Mar 16, 2016
P0cohauntus8gmail.Com
P0cohauntus8gmail.Com marked it as to-read
Mar 11, 2016
Ginny
Ginny marked it as to-read
Mar 10, 2016
Iuliana Grig
Iuliana Grig marked it as to-read
Mar 04, 2016
Renee
Renee rated it liked it
Feb 03, 2016
Marjorie
Marjorie marked it as to-read
Feb 03, 2016
Lizzy
Lizzy added it
Jan 17, 2016
Suz
Suz rated it it was amazing
Jan 13, 2016
Giuliana Lucia
Giuliana Lucia marked it as to-read
Jan 13, 2016
Paul
Paul rated it liked it
Jan 12, 2016
Sarina
Sarina marked it as to-read
Dec 30, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Vegan Cooking & C...: Eat Raw, Eat Well by Douglas McNish 4 15 Sep 26, 2012 03:04PM
Douglas McNish is an executive chef, cooking teacher and raw food consultant who is passionate about sharing his knowledge about the raw food lifestyle. He has personally experienced the benefits -- he lost 100 pounds in 2 years since embracing the diet. Douglas lives in Ontario.
More about Douglas McNish...