Start by marking “Lion's Heat (Breeds # 21)” as Want to Read:
Lion's Heat (Breeds # 21)

Lion's Heat (Breeds #21)

4.29 of 5 stars 4.29  ·  rating details  ·  8,273 ratings  ·  299 reviews

The mating urge cannot be ignored...

Bad boy Jonas Wyatt knows it is fate that Rachel becomes his mate. He can sense it. He can also sense her reluctance. But she has little power over the mating heat of the Breeds. It is Jonas's destiny to claim her. And nothing will stop him from having his way.

MP3 Book, 0 pages
Published August 18th 2011 by Penguin Group (USA) (first published January 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Lion's Heat, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lion's Heat

MelissaB
Loved it! Finally, the much anticipated story about Jonas is here - and it was even better than I could have imagined. Rachel and Jonas were a perfect pair.

Rachel has been Jonas's personal assistant for a few months. During this time Rachel has proven to be very efficient at handling Jonas's schedule and putting up with his arrogant and manipulating ways. Jonas knew as soon as he saw Rachel that she was his mate but he refuses to claim her because he is afraid she would be targeted by his many e
UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine...

I’ve waited years for this book. Early on I kept telling people that the story I really wanted to read was that of Jonas Wyatt. I wanted to see him suffer. I wanted to see him have to face the same jokes and the mocking comments he loved to dish out to others going through mating heat. I was hoping to hear more of Lawe’s and Rule’s “ain’t gonna happen to me” vows that were so plentiful in Bengal’s Heart. I have to say I was a tad disappointed in that very little of that actually happened.

Oh wel
Zeek
Lora Leigh is back on her game!

I've been in love with Jonas Wyatt since he first came on the scene in Harmony's Way (an otherwise less than stellar addition to the series). Or was it Megan's Mark? Either way, he had me at "Hello". :)

Since LL tends to be hit or miss at times, I was so afraid she wouldn't do Jonas justice, but rest assured, she knocked it out of the park with this one!

Jonas Wyatt, The bogeyman of the Bureau of Breed Affairs, knows his office assistant, the cool headed Rachel Bro
Mojca
Jonas Wyatt is finally getting his due...

I had high expectations for this book. I've been waiting for Jonas' story almost since the guy first appeared in this series, and seeing how arrogant this lions was, how manipulative, I simply couldn't wait to see him brought to his knees by the right woman.

To say I was disappointed is a huge understatement.

Rachel sure didn't fill the bill for Jonas' mate, IMHO. I felt he deserved more, I expected, I wanted more for him. He got a whiny, emotionally-crippl
Sharon ✽ is an emotional book junkie ✽
Jonas has finally found his mate, only to find out she is pregnant. Once the baby is born, people are constantly after her and Jonas has to figure out how to stop that and win his mate over.

We finally get to Jonas' book and it was almost everything you would expect it to be. But let's be honest, it's all about Jonas. I loved everything about him, shockingly so. He surprised me so much. You knew he would just take care of everything but I loved how he was sooo patient...and I love how he was wit
Lynsey A
Samantha
Yay! Jonas finally get his story. This was truly a come back for Lora Leigh. After reading Bengal's Heart, I had hoped that she did not disappoint me with this book and she didn't.

I won't go into plot summary but I will say that I truly enjoyed this book. Jonas was a great character. While I had always appreciated him in the other books, I had fallen for both the man and animal in his book. I felt that there was a softer side shown to him and we caught glimpses of why he was the way he was. He r
Jacqueline
I guess I need to stop reading Lora Leigh. I have read most of the books in this series not counting the ones that came out originally on ebook. The idea is good and the plots are better than in the rest of her books but that's not saying much. I have liked Jonas in the other books and I liked him here. I hated, hated, hated Rachel. She was stupid and vapid and vacillitating and we didn't know enough about her to care. She was like a cardboard cutout.

What I dislike most about this author is the
twinfish2
SPOILERS .............I think this is the worst editing job on a book that I have ever read. Huge continuity problems. I read on amazon that someone thought it felt like it was a rough draft of a book that somehow got printed. I agree. Did no one at the publishers read this book after she wrote it. Also nothing really happens in this book, it had flat cardboard characters. It really didn't add to the storyline of the breeds. Except to give us a few new ones that we had never met before. There ar ...more
Alisa
SheLove2Read
WOW!!!

The long awaited Jonas story. And what a killer read. LL has outdone herself with this much anticipated addition to the Breed series.

I really would suggest anyone attempting this to have at least read the last 4 or 5 Breed books, if not all of them, otherwise you just aren't going to be able to appreciate the nuances of Jonas and his relationship with Rachel and baby Amber. Jonas has been the one Breed everyone, readers included, that inspired the most emotion. Love, hate, admire, despise
Tammy Blackwell
Here's the thing: Around the 100th time someone asks you, "Have you read any of those Lora Leigh books?" with that manic gleam in their eye and slight hint of blush on their cheek, your curiosity finally gets the best of you. I mean, if they're good enough to make a little old lady gather up every title at the local book store and demand the clerk hide them from the children, then they've gotta be worth reading, right?

Well, not so much. Yes, the sex scenes go on for pages upon pages and they're
Mitzi
I’ll probably get hit over the head for saying this….but Lion’s Heat was a pretty big disappointment for me. I’ve waited years for Jonas’s story and while the story was pretty good and (what little sex there was---no sex till page 252/253) was good too…it just wasn’t what I’d expected or hoped for.

I wanted Jonas to suffer the effects of his mate and unbridled lust...For him to finally lose control...For him to have to succumb to the animal that he keeps under constant guard from escaping...For
Shannon C.
We met Jonas Wyatt, Director of Breed Affairs in Washington DC, and his assistant Rachel in the previous Breeds books. Jonas is a central character in the Berkley published novels. He is Leo and Elizabeth's son and Dane and Callan's brother, however he is not recognized as part of the family. Genetically engineered in the labs, he grew up separately and protected his own pride before joining with Callan to help the Breeds go public and create Sanctuary. He's seen many of his enforcers and pride ...more
Missy~
Mar 28, 2010 Missy~ rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: paranormal romance readers
Wow! What a great addition to the Breed's series. Totally lived up to my expectations and anticipation.
How often does it happen lately that you anxiously look forward to the lastest installment of one of your favorite series? Only to have it fall short and not live up to those high hopes.
I just finished reading Lion's Heat, and Jonas's book is a home run.
It starts off at a fast pace and the story just keeps on moving along with all of the things that make this series awesome. Jonas is hot! We
Kathrynn
Loved it! I've been eagerly awaiting this story as Jonas has been in several earlier books in this series. He's been "the" master manipulator. I had to smile as his story unfolded. Oh, what a tangled web we weave....

Rachel enters Jonas's world, pregnant with another man's child, as his newly hired assistant. Jonas's connection to the baby (Amber) growing inside Rachel was neat to read about and how he maintained a relationship with Amber after her birth was and "ah" moment for me. Jonas and Ambe
Sammy, Recovering Monster Sex Addict
I have really enjoyed all of the breed series and was really looking forward to seeing Jonas Wyatt, the heartless boogyman of the breeds, fall in love. LL spent no time on character development with Rachel. We know that she is pregnant by another man, so not sexy by the way, in the beginning of the book. Rachel is always thinking that she shouldn't allow herself to lose control sexually and remembers what her sister taught her about controlling her lust. Well there is never any explanation of wh ...more
Cindyg
Another clear winner in the Breeds saga...I fell in love Jonas...to see him vuluerable and sensitive was so wonderful. The pace and the passion was right on for me. I wonder if Dane will have his own story next??? I have to admit I'm selfish because I don't care who is next as long as this series continues.
I'm so damn glad Jonas found his mate and I really like Rachel, strong and determine and she made the first move, I loved it!!!
Highly recommend this book.
Carolyn F.
Loving me some Jonas. He was always so cold before and I liked seeing a softer side to him. Rachel drove me a little bananas. Okay the mating thing is scary, but when she started seeing how far she could push him before he'd break and STILL not sure she wanted the mating, that's just cruel. Ended up enjoying the book because of Jonas.
Kathleen
I'd like to second MelissaB's reveiw on Lion's Heat. She had the exact same feelings I did about this book and I'm sure any review I could write would not messure up to MelissaB's review. The only thing I would like to add is that I wish this book did not end and we someday hear in a future book about the children that they will have.
Jenese (Readers Confession)
I was pleasantly surprised with the plot and theme of this book. I think the story with Amber was really good, it was different and was definitely able to show us a completely different side to Jonas. I love the fact that he had a connection with her while still in the womb and how he purrs to her, so cute.
 ~V~
Awesome! Awesome!..I loved it!! Jonas was well worth the wait!!
marlene
this is the book we've waited for. the bright red cherry on top of the Breed sundae. 20 books before it laying the ground work for our fearless, Machiavellian Jonas. i read it in less than a day,and now i am looking for more. is there a second half to this book coming later or are we finished with this pair here?

i have to admit it made me smile to see Jonas getting a taste of his own, with a mate that was a little more than difficult at times. on the other hand i half expected her to take a hel
Kaleigha
Somehow, Jonas Wyatt caught my attention from his first appearance in the Breeds series, way back about 10 books ago or so. As I read the last half of the series, I always kept an eye out for his appearances. Each time he came on the page, a little more of his mysterious, manipulative personality came to light, and even more questions arose. When I found out that Lion's Heat was his story, I had mixed feelings, however. I really wanted his story, but could his story possibly live up to my expect ...more
Melindeeloo
Even for a Breed Jonas Wyatt is unique, created to be a killer and a breeder he has vowed never to claim his mate. But that vow is about to be challenged, when that mate, Rachel, is assigned to be his personal assistant and his instincts drawn to even a higher level as he mentally claims her unborn child as his own. Rachel, however, refuses to accept that she a Breed mate and though her attraction to Wyatt is difficult to control, she is determined not to succumb. But even without the kiss of ma ...more
Elizabeth Nesbit-comer
I have had so many of my customers at the bookstore reccomend this author to me and practically drool at the mention of her name so I decided to give the book a try. Cause well, I will read just about anything if enough people like it. I must say that I just don't see what all the hype is about. I wanted to learn more about the Breeds and why they were created and what all the research was hoping to uncover , but there is just basic statements to the research and it's never expanded upon.

I foun
Shannon (Savhage Temptrest)
Okay, I truly had to give "Lion's Heat" by Lora Leigh the five-star rating because Jonas was just killer! I truly fell in love with him from the beginning of the Breeds series, but I completely fell head-over-heels for this sexy primal Breed with the silver eyes! I really enjoyed how we got to delve into his mind and see how and why he does the things he does. There is so much tortured male to love there...*sigh*

Rachel, I'll admit, annoyed me for some of the book, but she really did challenge th
Willow Brook
I really dithered about how to rate this book. I liked it but not sure it was 4 stars worth. However, since it's Lora Leigh, I'm going with 4 stars. Anyone else would have probably received 3.

I do like seeing that Lora Leigh's writing continues to get back on track with fewer glaring editing issues or huge plot holes. However, not sure if it is her or me or a combination, but Lion's Heat just didn't pack the same punch for me that her Breeds books prior to 2009 had. I'm still a fan but wasn't s
Thought this book was GREAT! I know it's gotten some negative feedback especially about his choosen/fated mate. She's the PERFECT mate for him. Why? Because she can handle his family. Jonas comes across as cold hearted, arrogant, spiteful, manipulative and a range of other 'not so nice' discriptions however; deep down, that's NOT who he is and Rachel figured that out, took on Leo and held her own and that's what Jonas deserves.

He went from all those descriptions above to a warm, caring, giving s
Aquit
Lora Leigh has officially made me hate these words: "mate" and "mine."
If there's anything I hate more than when the author who makes the hero a cheater is when she makes him repeatedly repeats "You're mine" as he savagely rips into her throat or "You and I are mate forever b/c we're mates for life."

That becomes a load of crap when it's all we hear from the main guy, the secondary characters, and the stupid narration. I get it, damnit! You're freaking mates and you like them to be "mine" forever
  • Beyond the Dark (Includes: Tale of the Demon World, #5; Breeds, #13)
  • Hot Spell (Demon World, #2; Breeds, #6; The Guardians, Prequel)
  • Rescue Me (Includes: T-FLAC, #11.5; Tempting SEALs, #6)
  • Burning Wild (Leopard People, #3)
  • Beast Behaving Badly (Pride, #5)
  • Unleashing the Storm (ACRO, #2)
  • Hostage to Pleasure (Psy-Changeling, #5)
  • Valiant (New Species, #3)
  • A Wish, a Kiss, a Dream (Cowboys and Captives, #2; Dream, #4)
  • Touch of Seduction (Primal Instinct, #4)
  • Ties That Bind (includes: Bound Hearts, #1)
  • Vampire Mistress (Vampire Queen, #5)
Lora Leigh lives in the rolling hills of Kentucky, often found absorbing the ambience of this peaceful setting. She dreams in bright, vivid images of the characters intent on taking over her writing life, and fights a constant battle to put them on the hard drive of her computer before they can disappear as fast as they appeared. Lora’s family, and her writing life co-exist, if not in harmony, in ...more
More about Lora Leigh...
Tempting the Beast (Breeds, #1) Wild Card (Elite Ops, #1) Mercury's War (Breeds, #16) Tanner's Scheme (Breeds, #9) Elizabeth's Wolf (Breeds, #3)

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than to beg for permission.” 59 likes
“I don't know about you, but I say we shoot the fuckers, bury the bodies and deny they were ever here." - Mordecai” 56 likes