Start by marking “LZR-1143: Evolution (LZR-1143, #2)” as Want to Read:
LZR-1143: Evolution (LZR-1143, #2)

LZR-1143: Evolution (LZR-1143 #2)

3.99 of 5 stars 3.99  ·  rating details  ·  588 ratings  ·  22 reviews
The dead have risen. A lethal virus has decimated millions, turning the infected into the walking dead.

Society has crumbled, cities are in flames, and the human race is on the verge of extinction.

Somehow, Mike McKnight has survived. So far. From his cell in a mental institution, he battled the ghosts of his past and the throngs of undead to uncover and retrieve the last
Published September 30th 2011

To ask other readers questions about LZR-1143, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about LZR-1143

World War Z by Max BrooksZombie Fallout by Mark TufoZombie Fallout 2 by Mark TufoZombie Fallout 3 by Mark TufoFeed by Mira Grant
Best Zombie Books
264th out of 961 books — 2,381 voters
We Got Zombies On The Lawn Again, Ma by Donnie  SmithFirst Light by Adam SigristBraineater Jones by Stephen KozeniewskiZom-B by Darren ShanZom-B City by Darren Shan
Zombie novels with a twist, I PROMISE you'll love
8th out of 39 books — 46 voters

More lists with this book...

Faye, la Patata
I thought the first book was better.

Honestly, I didn't feel like finishing this novel. But I did. I tried. I struggled. It was okay, but I felt there were a lot more to be desired. First of all, I have issues with the two main characters ALWAYS on the run. Like seriously, they keep on getting rescued, and each time they're rescued, the rescuers die after, and they survive, and always manage to find something/someone else to rescue them. Even *I* would get tired of that, if I were in the main cha
Santana
I loved the second book in this series. Lost a lot of sleep that's for sure. I could not put it down, it was very entertaining. I would definitely recommend it. There is a part in the story that gave me the chills big time!! I can't wait for a third one!! :)
Katherine
Another great story for this series. As a warning (and possibly a note to the author), there are a few typos and grammatical issues that cause me to pause when reading. This irritates me, but I likes the story so well, I could ignore them for the most part.

The story continues and just keeps getting better. I really likes this series and the main characters. I look forward to the next book in the series!
Corey Oliver
Any book that I can't put down deserves 5 stars. I LOVE these books, they're quite addicting to say the least. My heart raced several times throughout the story, no book has ever done that to me. There are times when the characters humor seems out of place but it didn't seem to bother me much. Also, Bryan James excessively uses the word grimace. Besides that this author can tell one hell of a zombie story. A much better read than World War Z, which I couldn't get into. How bout a movie for these ...more
Phil Jones
Not quite as good as the first book but still a worthwhile read.
The story is a little repetitive as our little band of survivors are repeatedly rescued only for the rescuer to then die.
Notwithstanding this the story moves along nicely and is set up for what I believe is the final chapter.
Kimberly Calhoun
Love it!!!

love this series well written and engaging. I would put this author up there with Stephen king. cannot wait to see what is next
Lee
This series was amazingly one of the greatest series I've read for a long time...and I read a lot. It realistically brings you an zombie apocalypse...not with an easily won victory against the zombies but a slow crawl to extinction. This book is the only Zombie apocalypse that I don't think I would survive...and that's terrifying. Exactly what a good horror book needs.
Philip McClimon
More run and gun fun!

This second book in the series keeps the zombie fun going in good fashion. It is more gun and run type zombie action, with more emphasis on gore than dramatic situations, but has all the elements of a thrill ride action adventure movie. A good follow up and compelling enough to keep me reading into the third book.
Ian
Another great read. None stop action. Love the stereotypical Hollywood dialogue. Can't wait for book 3.
Louisa
Overall I feel this would have been more fun to play as a game than it was to read.
Alex Flores
More fun zombie reading.
Mark
Sooo much better than the first book.
Nan
Aug 03, 2014 Nan rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2014
This is the second in the series....as full of action and gore as the first one but not quite as engaging. I will continue- I have to at this point- but with less enthusiasm! Things got a touch predictable and the repeated references to the behavior of the zombies is like a big neon sign telling me that something else is coming....If I could have given it a 3.5, I would have.
Jay
Liked this one just as much as the first. The characters are hilarious and very easy to like. The new characters that were introduced were great in my opinion and the story kept pace with the first book. Of course with the way it ended... I can't wait for the next one!
Jessica Kong
A action movie star versus zombies. Who would have thought that such a simple concept could be such a hit. Bravo!
Shannon
Very interesting. It was really good. I liked that the author showed how there's danger from survivors along with the zombies. Things I guessed in the first book were confirmed.
Steve
Even better than the first book, adds some twists to the story without getting over the top. Sarcastic humor and good action.
Stephanie
Good book and took up where 1 ended. I enjoyed this series with it's 2 books and several companion novellas.
John R Scumaci
Great Characters, bring on the next chapter. Time for Mike to find Kate's daughter.
Hope York
Didn't like this one as much as the first one. Still an ok read.
Joe Amber
Great book, great author. Looking forward to any future works.
Shane Cooper
Great follow up to the first book.
Sarah marked it as to-read
Mar 28, 2015
Erinn spielberger
Erinn spielberger marked it as to-read
Mar 27, 2015
Zak Goodwin
Zak Goodwin marked it as to-read
Mar 25, 2015
Alex R. Germain
Alex R. Germain marked it as to-read
Mar 23, 2015
  • The Rising Horde: Volume One (The Gathering Dead, #2)
  • White Flag of The Dead
  • Aftermath (Deadlocked #5)
  • Trudge (Surviving the Zombie Apocalypse, #1)
  • Omega Days (Omega Days, #1)
  • New Zed Order: Survive
  • Zombie Fallout 4: The End Has Come and Gone (Zombie Fallout, #4)
  • Zombie Tales: Primrose Court Apt. 502
  • Safari (Mountain Man, #2)
  • The Hungry Land (Living with the Dead #3)
  • Three Parts Dead (Arisen, #3)
  • Contagion: A Novel of the Living Dead
  • After (The Phoenix Curse, #1)

LZR-1143 (3 books)
  • LZR-1143: Infection (LZR-1143, #1)
  • LZR-1143: Redemption (LZR-1143, #3)
LZR-1143: Infection (LZR-1143, #1) LZR-1143: Perspectives (Zombie Short Stories) LZR-1143 Within LZR-1143: Redemption (LZR-1143, #3) Moles, Warts, Skin Tags Be Gone: The Most Effective Natural Remedies to Make Your Moles, Warts, and Skin Tags Disappear For Good [Mole Removal, Wart Removal, Skin Tag Removal]