Start by marking “Return of the Dragon Riders (Dragon Stone Saga #2)” as Want to Read:
Return of the Dragon Riders (Dragon Stone Saga #2)

Return of the Dragon Riders (Dragon Stone Saga #2)

3.78 of 5 stars 3.78  ·  rating details  ·  485 ratings  ·  17 reviews
The evil emperor Vosper gathers his troops in the east, poised to conquer the entire continent. His target is the rebel city of Parthos, a constant thorn in his side, and the last sanctuary of the Dragon Riders. Besieged from all sides, the remaining Dragon Riders come out of hiding. Forced to fight for their lives, they leave the safety of the desert, traveling across the ...more
Published September 30th 2011 by Defiant Press

To ask other readers questions about Return of the Dragon Riders, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Return of the Dragon Riders

Michelle
Mommy Bookworm’s Thoughts: Here is what I wrote on Amazon on 10/14/11 when I finished the book….. “I received a copy of the book from the publisher in exchange for my honest review. Once again, I loved, loved, loved the book! It is another page-turner from start to end. Personally, I feel the Prologue, which summarizes Book 1, doesn’t flow as easily as it could. However, once past the Prologue, it is a page-turner right to the very last page! It is full of surprises and intrigue along the way. T ...more
k.wing
I think Alva has a lot of good things going here, but it seems like she didn't think through all she wanted to do when she wrote book one. I would have loved more foreshadowing, as the new king kind of came out of no where. I'm undecided if I'll continue the series after this one.
Ali
Ended much better than it started... Hopefully after Xmas I can afford the next one to finish reading this series!
Susan
Book 2 picks up right where Book 1 left off. Elias is pulled up into a new world. one where great things are expected of him because of this prophesy. Pf course, this makes him a major target for the evil Vosper and his allies. The few remaining dragon riders have one last refuge, the city of Parthos. Elias and his new friends face many foes in this book and sometimes Elias isn’t too sure who his friends are.

While we have yet to meet the evil Vosper, we do get to see plenty of his badguy handy w
Jessica
I read the first book of this series last summer and really enjoyed the story, so when I saw that the author had released the other two without me even realizing it, I knew that I had to read them! I'm so happy to say that the story was just as interesting and left me yet again yearning for me!

I normally don't read fantasy, but there's something about this series that is so good! Elias is still on the run from the emperor while the few remaining dragon riders go out to find him to try and save t
Schwana
I had read the first book in this series first. It was still a good read and I enjoyed reading it. The Prolog allowed be to be able to follow the story and keep up. The characters are enjoyable and I already have my favorites, besides the Dragons! of course ;-). I like the main character Elias and the Dwarf Thorin, but I really like Tallin. The interaction between the characters was quite good and while I was not sure at first if I would be able to get into the book it showed itself to be capabl ...more
Jill Marie Swanson
I am hosting a great giveaway for a complete set of the Dragon Stone Saga!
6/22/12 - 7/6/12
I was extremely excited when Defiant Press contacted me to review this series. This type of science fiction and fantasy usually isn't given enough attention in the Young Adult world. I have been itching to read a good saga with adventure and mythical creatures.
Overall I have given this series a solid four star rating and Kristian Alva definitely deserves it.
As an author she
Fran
Return of the Dragon Riders
Kristian Alva

Elias is a teenage boy left with a huge burden. Can this teen be the salvage of an entire face? The fate of the dragon’s and their cities is in the hands of Elias. Fining a green emerald dragon stone and not returning it to its rightful place set off a chain of events that cost his grandmother her life, leaving his home and a price placed on his head. The evilness of one Emperor so greedy, so hungry for power that nothing will stop him until he destroys ev
Kimberly Bennett
I rarely provide written reviews but I felt compelled to write one for this series.

As I read this series I felt like I was reading a more condensed version of the Eragon "trilogy". So, if you are a champion of the Eragon series, this trilogy is probably not for you.

Additionally, for some reason that I cannot put my finger on, I was unable to truly connect with the characters throughout this entire series. I did not share in their triumph or anguish. The author would explain that Elias felt ups
Amit Gupta
No use pointing out that this is just a rip-off. Other than that, this part is actually more interesting & fast paced than the previous one in series. As per the author this is supposed to be a trilogy but I wouldn't be surprised if she makes it a four part series just like the series from which she has ripped off!
Justin
A little longer than the first book allowing you to progress through the story than you could in the first book. Characters are developed progressively through the book so you can actually start to care about them in this book. Easy reader.
Pamela
The story continues with Elias and Thorin being captured, brought to a place of refuge, and the beginning of a new chapter in Elias's life, his own dragon! On to the next book. Can't wait!
Karen
I could not put this book down, I thought it was even better than the first. My only regret is that the next book won't be out for a while.
Paula Curtis
did not enjoy it as much as the first book
Jacinta Hoare

A quick and enjoyable read.
Kevin Walter
Great follow on from book 1.
Carissa Bethea
Excellent. I cannot wait.
Ryan
Ryan added it
Jun 30, 2015
Daniela
Daniela marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2015
Joffet Lombres
Joffet Lombres marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2015
Joey
Joey marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2015
  • Alexander Drake's Extraordinary Pursuit (Azra's Pith, Book 1)
  • Shifting Pride
  • Fall of Sky City (Devices of War, #1)
  • Cascade Brides: The Complete Series
  • Grace Doll
  • Blood Oath (Gabby Girls Adventure, #2)
  • Twenty-Five Years Ago Today
  • Reflection (Whitney Steel, #1)
  • Fire Within (Guardian Witch, #2)
  • Legend Unleashed (Keeping Secrets, #1)
  • Kiss Me, I'm Irish (Tennessee Waltz, #1)
  • Prison Nation (Prison Nation, #1)
  • A Hard Act to Follow
  • Light of Requiem (Song of Dragons, #3)
  • The Dragonswarm (Dragonprince Trilogy, #2)
  • Death and Kisses
  • Family Magic (Hayle Coven, #1)
  • Two Equals (Two Halves, #3)
Kristian Alva was born into a family of writers and teachers. She worked as a corporate staff writer and a ghostwriter before publishing her own manuscripts. She currently lives in California with her family. When she’s not writing, she enjoys reading all genres.
More about Kristian Alva...

Dragon Stone Saga (6 books)
  • Dragon Stones (Dragon Stone Saga #1)
  • Vosper's Revenge(Dragon Stone Saga, #3)
  • The Balborite Curse (Dragon Stones Saga, #4)
  • Rise of the Blood Masters (Dragon Stone Saga #5)
  • Kathir's Redemption (Dragon Stone Saga #6)
Dragon Stones (Dragon Stone Saga #1) Vosper's Revenge(Dragon Stone Saga, #3) The Balborite Curse (Dragon Stones Saga, #4) Rise of the Blood Masters (Dragon Stone Saga #5) Kathir's Redemption (Dragon Stone Saga #6)