Start by marking “Miracles Are for Real: What Happens When Heaven Touches Earth” as Want to Read:
Miracles Are for Real: What Happens When Heaven Touches Earth

Miracles Are for Real: What Happens When Heaven Touches Earth

4.07 of 5 stars 4.07  ·  rating details  ·  139 ratings  ·  16 reviews
Biblical Teaching on Miracles Reveals God's Power at Work in the World Today
Readers are fascinated with miraculous and unexplained events. In their signature style, trusted pastor Jim Garlow and writer Keith Wall tap into that fascination with biblical insights on miracles and accounts of God's work throughout history. The book clearly separates truth from fiction, fortif
Published November 1st 2011 by Bethany House Publishers (first published September 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Miracles Are for Real, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Miracles Are for Real

Jerry Blackerby
Knowing of many miracles that happened within my extended family and friends, I began reading this book knowing that “Miracles are For Real.” I found that miracles are more widespread than I thought. Many others have also seen miracles all of their lives.

Many people, especially non-Christians, do not believe that miracles have ever happened. Even some Christians believe that miracles have not happened since Biblical times. Wrong, they still happen. God is still all powerful. We just have to open
Diana Woolley
Very interesting and well researched book about miracles and whether they truly exist. Many first hand examples of miracles that have happened in peoples lives. It was good that this book also talked about people who truly have the gift of healing and those who faked it. Showing both sides of the coin is always a good idea. This book goes in depth about miracles of all kinds including stories about near death experiences which interest me because I had a near death experience shortly after my ol ...more
Kate
Yes, miracles still happen everyday in this age, yet there are some who need to see a miracle or the aftermath of one to truly believe.
This informative and fascinating book pulls together miracles from history and intermingles creatively with the present, causing the reader to grasp a clear understanding of miracles and how they touch and heal lives. Some of the points addressed in the book include:
What kind of miracle are you seeking, different types of miracles, false prophets, miracles and
Tammy
According to the authors of this book, a miracle is defined as "a phenomenon performed or prompted by God, which science cannot explain, at a special time when God is making his will or his love known to an individual or many individuals". This book explains miracles from a Biblical perspective. What determines whether something is miraculous or not? An answer to simple prayer can be miraculous. A physical healing can be miraculous. The Hebrews considered everything to be a miracle. The "miracle ...more
Wanda
I know personally that miracles really happen. I have experienced a few of my own in my lifetime and have heard the stories from my grandmother of miracles that she experienced. You might even say that my family has had a legacy of miracles. Even as I make that claim, I am still waiting for some miracles that I have sought from God for several years now.

I guess that is why I was interested in reading this book. I thought it would be good for building up my faith and I was right. In this volume,
AbbyJoy
Jun 07, 2012 AbbyJoy rated it 2 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: People who like examples.
I guess maybe I've been reading too much fiction lately, but this book took me forever to read (quite literally) because, well, it bored me to death. I guess this book would be good for someone who doesn't really know a whole lot about miracles or needs a lot of convincing.

Every chapter had example after example after example--I felt like the majority of the chapters were examples. Don't get me wrong, examples are important. It just felt like this book went a little overkill on the examples.

B
Carolyn
What a wonderful book!!! I will be re-reading this one for sure. This book was so hard to put down. Even when going abut my daily life, I found myself thinking about this book. and couldn't wait to get reading some more!

This is a well thought out book, and I recommend it for everyone. I remember thinking how big God is!!!
Debra Torgerson
Miracles are real.

I found this book very interesting. I liked the way the authors intertwined stories of different kinds of miracles with their thoughts. It is always uplifting to hear that God is still in the business of miracles. I pray that they experience their own miracles. It is a good read. I know that God still gives us miracles, I also believe we can walk in His blessings.
judith jerez
God is still in the miracle making business.

So inspirational and heart felt and honest. I enjoyed it very much. God continue to bless you. I pray the next book you write will have your wife's miracle
Gayle Christy
Great read!

I really enjoyed "Miracles Are For Real". Amazing the miracles that were listed. The greatest part was the great faith and love of God that was presented throughout the book.
Phyllis A Rickabaugh
Very good ......

easy to follow and a good way to recognize the difference between a real miracle or not. I would recommend for anyone to read.
Susan Weber
A great book to get you thinking of the miracles in your life, and giving hope to those who need a miracle. Inspiring real stories of miracles, and some stories that leave you asking miracle or coincidence.
Mhines11
The authors are quite thorough regarding miracles. They even answer the question of why God says no sometimes. This is not a "pie in the sky, get yourself a miracle" book, but a carefully laid out, scriptural based treatis.
Deborah
I read this book because a friend's story of healing was included and I knew it was real. I thought the book was balanced in the way the topic of miracles was discussed.
Mark A.
This is an amazing account of unexplainable miracles in the lives of others. It's both enjoyable to read and inspiring in its message.
Nicholas Bernard
Book covers a wide scope of miracles that happen today. A good read. I recommend it
Helen
Helen marked it as to-read
Sep 03, 2015
Buetnaan Madugu
Buetnaan Madugu marked it as to-read
Sep 02, 2015
Dorothy Anne
Dorothy Anne is currently reading it
Aug 31, 2015
Rena Terrell
Rena Terrell is currently reading it
Aug 26, 2015
Courtney
Courtney marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2015
Lisa Morrow
Lisa Morrow marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2015
Peter DiGregorio
Peter DiGregorio marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2015
  • Why Trust Jesus?: An Honest Look at Doubts, Plans, Hurts, Desires, Gripes, Questions, and Pleasures
  • Start Here: Beginning a Relationship with Jesus
  • More Glimpses of Heaven: Inspiring True Stories of Hope and Peace at the End of Life's Journey
  • The Power of Persistent Prayer: Praying With Greater Purpose and Passion
  • Finding God When You Need Him Most
  • Jesus in the Present Tense: The I AM Statements of Christ
  • They Thought They Had More Time: I Saw the Day of the Lord
  • Secondhand Jesus: Trading Rumors of God for a Firsthand Faith
  • When God Intervenes: An Extraordinary Story of Faith, Hope, and the Power of Prayer
  • Be Still
  • Christianish: What If We're Not Really Following Jesus at All?
  • My Journey to Heaven: What I Saw and How It Changed My Life
  • Deliver Us from Me-Ville
  • Astonished: Recapturing the Wonder, Awe, and Mystery of Life with God
Cracking Da Vinci's Code - Digest Encountering Heaven and the Afterlife Heaven and the Afterlife Real Life, Real Miracles: True Stories That Will Help You Believe The 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership Tested by Time: Those Who Followed Them-- And Those Who Didn't