Start by marking “Don't Read in the Closet: Volume One” as Want to Read:
Don't Read in the Closet: Volume One

Don't Read in the Closet: Volume One (Hot Summer Days)

4.13 of 5 stars 4.13  ·  rating details  ·  589 ratings  ·  63 reviews
This free ebook is volume one in a collection of short stories celebrating love, sex and romance between men. It is a product of the Goodreads M/M Romance Group Hot Summer Days event and features original stories from 28 authors; if you like what you read, come join our group!

Use the green download button below and choose from PDF, Mobi/Kindle, Epub and Html/Zip formats....more
Published 2011 by M/M Romance Group

To ask other readers questions about Don't Read in the Closet, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Don't Read in the Closet

Promises by Marie SextonChange of Heart by Mary CalmesKeeping Promise Rock by Amy LaneHot Head by Damon SuedeSt. Nacho's by Z.A. Maxfield
Gay Fiction by Goodreads Authors
7th out of 463 books — 235 voters
Hell Cop by Astrid AmaraSindustry by Anne ReganLove Ahead by Madeleine UrbanIrregulars by Nicole KimberlingMen Under the Mistletoe by Josh Lanyon
Best Gay Anthologies
11th out of 178 books — 179 voters

More lists with this book...

Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions
I will just post each stories title, my star rating and a link to my review for that story.

Cupid's Beau by Jade Archer - 5 Stars My Review (photo review)

End Of The World As We Know It by J. P. Barnaby - 5 Stars My Review

Sucker-Punch by Sarah Black - 5 Stars My Review

Breaking Waves by Scarlet Blackwell - 3 Stars My Review

Finding Jack by Penny Brandon - 5 Stars My Review

Be A Bad Boy by Lee Brazil - 5 Stars My Review

Woman With A Dildo by Cardeno C. - 3 Stars My Review

Open Tackle by L.C. Chase – 3...more
JenMcJ
Here we go with Volume 1 of the compiled stories from the Hot Summer Days event. Days 1 through 9.

As a co-moderator for the M/M Romance Group that pulled this event off with the help of our incredibly generous authors and members I have nothing but praise for all the efforts in this anthology.

I think anyone with a positive interest in the m/m genre would be hard pressed to find anything missing from this initial volume, however, if you do, hang on. There are three more volumes coming.

Over 250...more
Hannah
There is no way to rate an anthology this big, so the 3 star rating is sort of a cop-out. I didn't even read all of the stories, and there were a few that I only lightly skimmed. It's obvious that most of these stories were written by amateur writers. Many of the stories feature uneven writing and nonsensical plots, but there were a few good ones stood out from the rest.

Kim Dare's "Masochism 101" - which is not nearly as kinky as the title suggests - was my favorite. It was a perfect example of...more
Justin South
Dec 10, 2012 Justin South rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)
I've given 5 stars to this volume, far because I happen to be a contributor, rather to honour:

1. the members who devoted so much time to organise the event and spent more time to produce the volumes

2. the member authors who voluntarily wrote the stories for other member's enjoyment, and

3. the member readers who have shown their appreciation for the above efforts.

The spirit of the event has been amazing. Congratulations everyone.
L-D
Not all the stories in this anthology received 5 stars. But overall, as a concept, this anthology gets 5 stars and more. Don't Read in the Closet is a collection of short stories published for free for members of the M/M Romance Group. The best part of this series of shorts is that they were based on a photo and a reader request for a story. I really, really enjoyed seeing the photos and reading the reader request, and then reading the story itself. It made me truly appreciate the authors attemp...more
Sandra

Heart And Soul by Jeanette Grey - ,

Wild Blue Yonder by Jambrea Jo Jones - ,

Do...more
Patricia
3.5 stars (because I liked it it quite a bit!)

The stories that I enjoyed the most :)

END OF THE WORLD AS WE KNOW IT by J.P. Barnaby
What I thought:
I did enjoy this, although the changes in POV kind of bothered me. But enjoyed the way author handled the prompt. The sex was bittersweet goodness.

MASOCHISM 101 by Kim Dare
What I thought:
Hot. I liked the angle on the story, the stage of their relationship when we entered it.

BRIDGES by M.J. O'Shea
What I thought:
From enemies to friends, sweet young roman...more
Kate Aaron
As a collaborative effort, this was beyond impressive. Not all the stories were 5*, but overall the standard was very high.

Cupid's Beau 5*
Reflections 3*
Luscious Love 3*
Wantin...more
Sandra
This was a free download from the M/M romance group where all these authors collab'd to publish this book, which is a collection of short stories and oneshots that all deal with boylove in various forms and fashions.

Some of them are excellent and deserve a 4-5 star rating. A few weren't quite up my alley and a couple were simply PWP. Overall, I enjoyed reading this compilation though my favorite stories were those that were leaning more on the emotional aspect of things than just the sex.

There'...more
Quinn
What a pleasant surprise this book turned out to be! I'm not a member of the m/m group here, nor am I a big reader of m/m, but I loved this anthology! There wasn't a single bad story in there, and there were some really, really good ones. Definitely worth the read and highly recommended - whether you read m/m or not.
Emanuela ~plastic duck~
So far:

Cupid's Beau by Jade Archer - adorable, I love stories where one of the characters is all grown up and the other one has to adjust his perception

End Of The World As We Know It by J. P. Barnaby - it made me a bit uncomfortable, but I like the contest, it's time for something a bit daring

Sucker-Punch by Sarah Black - cute, lovable protagonists and I guess there was quite a bit of research involved, very sweet

Breaking Waves by Scarlet Blackwell – reunited lovers. There was too much drama at...more
Lolita
Jambrea Jo Jones – WILD BLUE YONDER hot
Pend...more
Vivian ♪(┌・。・)┌
Cupid's Beau by Jade Archer -- 3.75 STARS

A cute story about a cupid tired of being on the giving end of love and not receiving. Insert a cute sidekick-turned-cocky-messenger-god with a butt load of trouble.

End Of The World As We Know It by J.P. Barnaby --
4 STARS

The world is ending. What would you do? All Will can think about is the man he calls 4D.

Sucker Punch by Sarah Black -- 4.5 STARS

A quite adorable sweet read about an injured boxer who, while receiving treatment, realises there is mo...more
Xtemptation
Pender Mackie – DOG DAYS OF SUMMER - 3
KM Mahoney – SHOW & TELL - 4
JL Merrow – BEAR NAK...more
Cindi
First, I want to say that I am usually turned off by anthologies so I was somewhat hesitant to start on this one. In the ones I've read in the past, I have felt cheated. That was so not the case with this one. I have discovered so many new authors as a result of the time I've taken to read this. If one story didn't quite do it for me I knew there were others following that probably would and I was right.

I'm not going to do an all-out review on here of each particular story. I rated and reviewed...more
Katy Beth Mckee
This collection has a little bit of everything in. All though there did seem to be a high proportion of first love, newly out, friends to lover plot lines. I think the only thing I will different when reading through the rest of these volumes is to break it up with other books. This is a great volume with tons of stories and at least in Nook pages over 600 of them. I think breaking it up would take away some of that oh here's the same kind of story feel. The concept was wonderful and how wonderf...more
Caroline Brand

Cupids Beau
Cute story of cupid shooting his arrows to pair people off when all he really wants is a love of his own. Then along comes Achan and his heart is lost

End of the World as we Know it
The end of the world is nigh and 16 year old Will has never even been kissed by another man. He heads up to the apartment of a much older man to experience ‘sex’ before the meteor strikes and life ends.

Sucker Punch
Jesse is a heavyweight boxing champion of the world with a fight due in four months to defend h...more
Veronica
There was nothing I didn't love about this e-book. I loved the concept of having to create a story for the person captured in a picture. The only thing that would've made this better is being able to view the picture but that wasn't a big deal. I recommend this book to anyone looking for a great M/M romance written by some impressive authors. Can't wait to read the second volume.
DarienMoya

Masochism 101 *** 1/2

A Little Bit Country *****

Heart & Soul ***
Ann
I haven't read all of the stories yet, but cannot give this book anything other than 5 stars. Kudos to all the writers and volunteers who made this collection happen!
Rachel
This was some of the best reading I've had in a while...I enjoyed all of these stories and love that I will have them all to read over and over again!
Beckey
A collection of M/M erotica short stories...
Quite an interesting & enjoyable collection and collaboration amongst all the different authors!!!
Paul
Oct 22, 2011 Paul rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: m-m
A great way to get to read new authors, perfect to pick up for a short read here and there especialy if you dont have much time
Joie
It's great cause it's a freebie. Like any compilation it's has it's good and bad stories but it's worth reading
Adara
Great inspiration, great stories, great authors, great fun. =)
Alicja
rating: 3/5

I'm just going to speak of the volume as a whole, just providing a few honorable mentions to check out.

You can find everything in this collection, from clumps of yellow snow to polished gems incased in platinum. My average rating hovered about three and I enjoyed most stories that I've read. I also learned a few things about myself... I have a soft spot for enemies-to-lovers but am bored out of my mind when its friend-to-lovers. Dark and humorous stories get my attention but sugary,...more
Raven
700+ pages of gay romance? Fuck yeah!
NannyOgg *Inarut*
Just One Kiss by Lisa Worrall - 4.75 stars
Cupid's Beau by Jade Archer - 3.25 stars
Sucker-Punch by Sarah Black - 3.5 stars
Breaking Waves by Scarlet Blackwell - 2.75 to 3 stars
Finding Jack by Penny Brandon - 4 stars (on a side note; we have stations in Australia, not ranches)
Woman With A Dildo by Cardeno C - 3.75 to 4 stars
  • Love Is Always Write: Volume Nine
  • Love Is Always Write: Volume Six
  • I Am the Highway
  • Starting Over
  • Outfoxed (Glitter Fox, #1)
Jade was born in 2010 after a prolonged pregnancy and labour of over thirty-four years!

Yes, she is a pseudonym. A work of my fevered imagination, which never seems to grow tired of inventing new characters. And this one's a whopper. One that seems to have taken over my life to the point I'm no longer sure where she ends and I begin! Still, it seems to be working for us.

I’ve decided she’s about twe...more
More about Jade Archer...
Sandpipers' Secrets (Sandpipers, #1) Ethan's Freedom (Portals, #1) Raven's Mark (Sandpipers, #2) Cupid's Beau Devon's Revenge (Portals, #2)

“Love should never be too easy.Where would be the fun in that?” 1 likes