Weapon of Flesh (Weapon of Flesh, #1)

Weapon of Flesh (Weapon of Flesh #1)

3.88 of 5 stars 3.88  ·  rating details  ·  518 ratings  ·  18 reviews
Forged from flesh…and magic. Made to kill…but not to feel.

He was made for one purpose: To be the most efficient killer, the most lethal assassin the world had ever seen. But something has gone wrong with the plan. The Master is gone… The weapon is free… And in a dangerous world, a weapon does what a weapon is made to do. Or does he?

Without even a name, the weapon chooses o...more
Published September 24th 2011 by Jaxbooks (first published May 13th 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Weapon of Flesh, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Weapon of Flesh

John
BY FAR MY FAVORITE STORY EVER! I HAVENT BEEN READING TO MUCH DUE TO MILITARY BUT THIS BOOK GOT ME LOST IN MY OWN WORLD AND I LOVED EVERY BIT OF IT. PERFECT BALANCE OF FANTASY, ACTION, ADVENTURE AND ROMANCE IN MY EYES. I RECOMMEND THIS TO ANYONE WHO IS INTERESTED IN ANY TYPE OF FANTASY OR ADVENTURE BOOKS.
Jack
Decent book, I will try the others in series, I have a difficult time trying to rate this novel as while it was a good read it... I think the issue is it had the potential to be a great read but just fell short.
The premise of the story is about a boy that has been trained in fighting and infused with magic to dampen "feeling's, and emotion's) these things are foreign to him as he was made to be the perfect weapon. Now of course as story progresses he has something change in his world and gains a...more
Jennifer Erwin
Oh wow, I thoroughly enjoyed this book. The author really pulled me in from the first page with this one. Part fantasy, part sci-fi, part organized crime (think Godfather), with a little bit of love weaved in the layers. Very good book, and I'm going to have to read more from this author now.
James
My review of Chris A Jackson's Weapon of Flesh is posted here:

In the city of Twailin a power struggle has been heating up for years. The fate of the city hangs in the balance as the Duke, others of the noble families, and factions of the Guilds ruthlessly vie for supremacy. The chessboard is cluttered with numerous pawns, but one very special pawn might sway the battle. But who will control this pawn?

Per the exacting instructions of the mysterious Grandfat...more
Kat Heckenbach
Weapon of Flesh has a really interesting mesh of elements. It combines a martial arts feel with a touch of organized crime, all mixed with traditional fantasy. Sounds a little strange--you're thinking ninja-Godfather with Elves in tunics aren't you? Well, you'd be right. And believe me, it actually works!

The story begins with a boy, stolen from his mother and magically altered into a killing machine. (I found it amazing that the author made me connect with a character who was almost completely e...more
Mark D
Good, solid read. Can't remember how I found this on Amazon, but there it was while I was killing time on my way out to get GTA 5.

It's always fun reading about a boy trained to become the ultimate weapon. Didn't take long to get started, we got a little back story on his training...then boom - off into the world this innocent weapon goes.

I'm happy the Author included other POVs - I like being able to see how other characters reacted to this boy (named Lad). Some books you never get to see how ot...more
Jennie Pratt
Interesting angle on a story I felt like I've read before. Then I realized that there are many elements from many fantasy novels that weave together to create this story. The same, yet very different. I enjoyed that familiarity of scene and at the same time was caught by surprise a few times. The main character was very easy to fall for with his uninhibited innocence yet deadly abilities. The girl always gets the guy in the end and I think that was the one thing that would've put this story over...more
Keliz
AWESOME. I think I've read it like five times since buying it. After just reading the blurb I fell in love with it.
Ali
Great Great book, the ending could have been a bit better i think, i think the the stories transformation from brutality to romantic was way to fast. def going to read the next one.
Jim Chou
Too find writing of this quality in the fantasy genre these days is unusual. Chris is a top flight writer and I'm really surprised he is not more famous than he is! The quality of the prose, the character development, the suspense, the depth of insight. He has it all. And does it while not falling into the same 'ol fantasy stereotypes. If you are a fantasy aficionado you won't go wrong reading this book.
Muhammad Gibran
good story with an interesting character. it earned 3.5 stars but I give it 4 not 3 stars because of the potential.

Albert
Soild book with likeable characters (even the uber villian!). Lightly touches on the ethics of killing, which could have been fleshed out more. I'd give it 3.5 stars, but I liked it enough to round up to 4.
Deoro
Quite good fantasy novel. Compares favorably with big name authors. Interesting world building -- sort of D&D, with thieves, assassins, elves, and magic users.
Sylvia
This book was so great. I was surprised that I loved it so much. You just have to read it to understand why there is not much I can say. Just read it and enjoy it.
Metatrone
Yeah...no. Premise is decent everything else is terribly generic, derivative and stereotypical.
Alpha_stigma
Amazing book, from start to finish. I don't know what to say besides get this book and read it.
Larry
Fantasy/Romance. The progression of the protagonist from construct to humanity was well done.
Christopher
A decent dramatic/fantasy/action novel that does get a little boring now and then with some unneeded sidetracking, but it's main plot about a boy who was magically created to be the perfect weapon who then finds that love conquers all is fleshed out well enough. Too bad the ending isn't all that satisfactory.
Zac
Zac marked it as to-read
Sep 14, 2014
Andrew Foose
Andrew Foose marked it as to-read
Theresa Millington
Theresa Millington marked it as to-read
Nathan
Nathan marked it as to-read
Sep 12, 2014
  • The Sorcerer's Ascension (The Sorcerer's Path, #1)
  • Child of the Sword (The Gods Within, #1)
  • A Crucible of Souls (Sorcery Ascendant Sequence, #1)
  • Harbinger (Fate's Forsaken, #1)
  • Jaunten (Advent Mage Cycle, #1)
  • Wielder's Awakening (Wielder, #1)
  • Taming Fire (Dragonprince Trilogy #1)
  • Elseerian (The Chronicles of Lumineia: The Second Draeken War, #1)
  • The Builder (The Young Ancients, #1)
  • The Anathema (The Central, #2)
  • The Final Redemption (Mageborn, #5)
  • The Tattered Banner (Society of the Sword, #1)
  • Thinblade (Sovereign of the Seven Isles, #1)
  • The Liberation of Sundrian City
  • The Star of Morcyth (The Morcyth Saga, #5)
  • Attrition: the First Act of Penance (Three Acts of Penance, #1)
  • The Wayfarer King (Kinshield Saga, #2)
  • Duel Nature (Demon Accords #4)
Chris A. Jackson fell in love with the sea the first time he set eyes on those majestic waves. As a youth, he spent summers working on his father’s fishing boat in Oregon. Trained as a marine biologist, he was sidetracked by a career in biomedical research, but regained his heart and soul in 2009 when he and his wife Anne left the dock aboard a 45-foot sailboat to cruise the Caribbean and write fu...more
More about Chris A. Jackson...
Weapon of Blood (Weapon of Flesh, #2) Pirate's Honor (Pathfinder Tales) Weapon of Vengeance (Weapon of Flesh Trilogy, #3) Scimitar Moon (The Scimitar Seas, #1) Scimitar Sun (The Scimitar Seas, #2)