Het geïllustreerde boek bij de Twilight saga

Het geïllustreerde boek bij de Twilight saga

4.23 of 5 stars 4.23  ·  rating details  ·  16,587 ratings  ·  719 reviews
De schrijfster van de Twilight saga geeft achtergrondinformatie over de vampiers en hun clans, de weerwolven en hun roedels en de familie en vrienden van de hoofdpersonen. Met illustraties in kleur. Vanaf ca. 14 jaar.
Published April 12th 2011

Jul 29, 2011 Sarah is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
I am extremely upset about this book. I have pre-ordered it months ago from Barnes and Noble online and was surprised to see that it wasn't in my mailbox on Dec. 30 as expected. Then, on Dec. 31, BN.com emails me informing me that the publisher has indefinitely postponed the publishing of this book. The worst part is that I have already paid for it. This is becoming a theme with Stephenie Meyer it seems----the indefinite postponing of her work. Curious---and outraging!
Yolanda Sfetsos
When I received a copy of this in the mail, I have to admit that I was very excited! :) I read the Twilight Saga a few years ago... Okay, maybe I totally consumed the four books, because I got so swept away by the characters, world, and story.

The first thing I need to mention about this Guide is how beautiful it is. It's in hardback and the cover matches the other books. I do like the symbolism in each one of the Saga's installments, and this one is very fitting. The last few pieces of the puzzl...more
~Tina~
Meh. If this had come out back in 2008...like it was suppose to, I probably would have enjoyed this more since I was still very much a screaming fan girl, but now...this was just okay.
Still, anyone who's a die-hard fan would find This Official Guide useful and entertaining. Lots of pictures and personal profiles and all the intimate little details that made this universe spin crazily out of control.

I still want Midnight Sun.
Just saying...
Ashley Mackler-Paternostro
I love Twilight, I've visited Forks, I've eaten Mushroom Ravioli in Port Angeles at Bella Italia, drinking icy coke while Bella's Lullaby played over the speaker system. I've trolled Stephenie Meyer's website reading her outtakes and not-so-secretly hoping a Jake/Nessie series is rooting around in Meyer's brilliant brain. So, naturally, this book was was highly anticipated--not just by me, but by fans all over the globe.

I couldn't wait to sink my teeth into a bit more Twilight. But, after having...more
Alison (AlisonCanRead)
*The Goodreads rating should probably be a 4, but out of principle I give everything Twilight related 5 stars. Silly, but that's the way it is.

I am evenly split between happiness and disappointment. There were so many wonderful bits of information in the Guide, things I never thought to wonder about and answers to numerous niggling questions. However, so many things were left out - things that I'm sure Stephanie knows and are really essential pieces of information for any Twilight lover.

On the b...more
Tracee
I'm still a little bitter about pre-ordering this book back in 2008 (or was it 2007?) and waiting years for it. I'm over my initial excitement for the series. Had this been published right after Breaking Dawn was released, it would have been so much more timely. The fact that they waited to add movie information completely turned me off. For me, this series is not about the movies; it is about the books. (Because, quite frankly, the movies suck.) I think it was a huge blunder on their part becau...more
Mairéad (stuck at the Edge of Nothingness)

3.5 stars.

There is certainly an irony in all this. While I do have an immense meh factor about the overall series, I really liked the guide. But then again, it might be just the fact that it lets me dream and imagine of my own guide book to my own series (plural form, of course). And I do have to admit the drawings are gorgeous, and there were interesting timbits that Meyer unveils in this.

If...more
Noelle
Oi.

I ordered this book back in 2008. I figured we would get numerous details about what happened before and after 'Twilight' and the other details the characters didn't know.

All in all, I was excited for the guide.

Then the dates got pushed back. 2009, 2010, and finally we got it in 2011. Waiting years for a book should, in theory, mean it's filled to the brim with information.

I am throughly disappointed. Honestly, if I didn't pay half-price from pre-ordering it, I would send it back.

I could have...more
OpenBookSociety.com
THE TWILIGHT SAGA: THE OFFICIAL ILLUSTRATED GUIDE BY STEPHENIE MEYER:BOOK REVIEW

Reviewed by OBS Staff member Angie

I admit that my obsession for twilight is an “on again, off again” love affair. Right now it’s off. Well, it was until April 12, 2011 at approximately 4:00 pm Central Daylight Time when I saw The Official Illustrated Guide on a shelf in my local Target store and I casually picked it up and thumbed through the pages thinking I’d flip through it as I had done with the movie guide and b...more
Morgan Burt
I'm a big twihard. I've tried to move away, but I'm still interested by anything new in the series. Unfortunately, this book was a huge let down. This is really just the 5 books condensed into one, with a little bit of new information and pretty pictures spattered here and there.

For anyone who even considers themselves an above-average Twilight fan, this book is nothing new for you. If you've read the books a few times or read Stephenie's website, then you've read THE MAJORITY of what's in this...more
Elizabeth
Feb 25, 2009 Elizabeth marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
This must-have hardcover edition--the only official guide--is the definitive encyclopedic reference to the Twilight Saga and provides readers with everything they need to further explore the unforgettable world Stephenie Meyer created in Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse, and Breaking Dawn.

With exclusive new material, character profiles, genealogical charts, maps, extensive cross-references, and much more, this comprehensive handbook is essential for every Twilight Saga fan.
Sephireth
I'd like to give 0 stars but as it's impossible... there's one...
Such books are just pulished to pull the target audience's money out of their pockets. While there are some reaaaaaaaaaally good guides or compendiums (compendia?) for some series like the Black Dagger or Dark Hunters ... this one sooooo isn't worth its money!
In BD I get interviews, too - but not with the author! With the characters! With the DH guide you even get useful stuff like a recipe for cooking a cajun meal!
But this? Thi...more
Ea Solinas
An official guide to a bestselling series written by the author seems like a golden opportunity -- it's a chance for the author to reveal parts of their series that didn't make it into their original novels.

Unfortunately, "The Twilight Saga: The Official Illustrated Guide" doesn't come even close to living up to that promise. Most of the content is recycled stuff you could easily find on any Twilight website or wiki, and it's padded out with endless fluff, disingenuously dull interviews with St...more
Andre
Note: This review contains spoilers and the spoilers are not hidden in any way!

This book was bad; it was so bad I decided not to hide any spoilers because I quite frankly wanted this review to get over with as soon as possible.
One good thing:
The artwork of the characters is usually of decent to good quality but the rest isn't. Actually it's interesting that some of the printed fanart (we will get to that in a minute) is better than what the paid artists could do, really it sometimes looks like a...more
Tally
This is the ideal book for devoted Twilight fans who, like me, were not ready to see the story end just yet. Although tedious and somewhat repetitive at parts, the Companion is thorough and informative. For the past 4 years or so, the Twilight Saga has become an inseparable part of my life, and reading this Companion has been a truly enriching experience. The fact it was written by Stephenie Meyer, who knows this world and its participants inside out, rather than by an outsider, was a welcoming...more
Rel8tivity
Retroactive Continuity

I think this book is nice if you've never found sites like Twilight Lexicon, or perused Stephenie Meyer's web site. There is a little new information for the main characters, most notably for Alice. It was nice hearing about her human life, but her vampire life before meeting Jasper (28 years) is glossed over. The rest of the new information is in back story for the secondary characters like the Volturi guardsmen, the Romanians, the Egyptians, James' coven and the other va...more
Pluemo
Really not worth the wait.
It looks like somebody did some copy & paste from the Twilight Lexicon and Stephenie Meyer's website and put together a book. Nothing Stephenie could have written on for, like, 3 years?

The few (!) illustrations are nicely done and here and there are some new facts. Nevertheless, a fan who read the books and knows Stephenie's website and the Lexicon, won't find any valuable information here.

Really disappointing as I expected far more from a official guide than just...more
Eric
I can't be to brutal cause I know in my heart of hearts I was so excited for this book...December 3, 2008. How do I know this? It was the day I ordered it after I finally finished Breaking Dawn and almost pooped myself with excitement about the idea of more Twilight. It was the day Amazon kept reminding me that they still haven't charged me for not shipped my copy of the Illustrated Guide. Back then I was thinking "Hell yeah!" now I'm more thinking "You're lucky I finished this Stephenie" Withou...more
Colleen Houck
Reading this made me want to go back and reread the books again. Instead I watched Twilight and remembered just how much was missing from the movie. I've read the series twice but I'll probably read it again in the near future. I liked a lot of the behind the scenes info. It's a great summary of the series and seeing the foreign covers and fan art was cool.
Lina
I gave this two rather than one stars because I did find little pieces of background quite interesting. If only because it shows what could have been done if Twilight wasn't afraid to be darker.
Jenna
Jan 03, 2009 Jenna marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
My dad ordered it from amazon for me, so I'll get to read it soon. TEAM EDWARD!!!
Britt Wegner
Feel silly but these 4 books are incredibly addictive and romantic
ALPHAreader
This is it. Finite. Finale. Fin. No more need ever be told about Stephenie Meyer’s epic ‘Twilight Saga’ because this guide literally has it all. The origins of the ‘Twilight’ saga, intricate back story about each and every character. Heck, there is even a car’s guide that includes pictures and descriptions of every vehicle from Bella’s rusted pick-up to Alice’s canary Porsche.
Admittedly, there is little mention of the movie adaptations. But that is another illustrated guide altogether . . .

There...more
Tricia Seymour
While I've admittedly become less interested in the series, I was still interested in giving the guide a look over and I found it very disappointing. The guide is mostly character profiles, some plot summary and explanations, and images. If you want to just learn more about the characters then this guide is for you. I myself wanted more "outtakes," FAQ, and insight from Meyer on writing the book, the characters, what she found most fascinating, what surprised her, what she'd change, what she res...more
Rubal
I like Twilight. Please don’t laugh, okay you can laugh. I am not saying that they are literature or the best books out there but they are certainly not the worst. If I had read this book/Guide immediately after reading Breaking Dawn, I might have appreciated it more. However, after so many years ,it was hard to get through this book in one session. Almost all the information provided is easily available at the author’s website or twilight lexicon. There was nothing fresh in the guide.I had read...more
Jen
This book was pretty much what I expected it to be. I was surprised by some of the elements included and disappointed that some areas are still left unclear, but it really depends on what you're most interested in.

The book contains:

1)A Stephenie Meyer interview.

2)Character bio's for the Cullens, plus most, if not all, of the named vampires in the series. Other bio's also include the wolves and the humans of Forks and La Push.

3)Quileute family trees.

4)Fan Art

5)Deleted sections of the book.

1)...more
Jen at Reading Lark
If this was released a year earlier, I really think I would have loved it. But with it being released when it was, and I'd been to Forks (which was my culmination of Twihardism really)... It just didn't do much for me.

In fact I only got as far as finishing the character profiles for the vampires... as much as I love the wolves, I just couldn't face more profiles. My passion for Twilight is just not burning strong enough to see me through that kind of a book. There's no larger story to pull me al...more
Katieb (MundieMoms)
I had every intention of starting my review out with something like this, "I'll be honest, had this been released back in 2008 when it was first scheduled to be released I probably would have LOVED it. With out sounding harsh, I'm not as big as a die hard fan like I was back when I pre-ordered it. Don't get me wrong, I do love the series. Had I not already pre-ordered it I'm not sure if it's a book I'd run out and purchase at the moment. Maybe I'm a little bitter it took so long for it come out,...more
Merary
I'm actually impressed that Meyer does know how to tell a story, and when it comes to character background, she's actually really good at it.

In this official guide, Meyer tells her inspiration for the Twilight series, answers some never-before-answered questions, and gives us a recap of the characters and the story.
For fans (or haters, whatever) of the series, this is really recommendable as a companion for your Twilight books.
And it's also good for the people who don't want to read the series,...more
Eileen
I pre-ordered this book two years ago and was really looking forward to it. The book looks beautiful, love the quality, the pictures and the information. I guess it's a must have for all the Twilight Saga fans and I don't regret buying it, but..........

Maybe it's just me, but I expected more, much more. The most of the information in the book is not new to me. I've seen or heard most of it before and I wasn't blown away. Come on only a few pages about Edward's past??!! Give me "Midnight Sun" an...more
  • The Twilight Saga: The Complete Film Archive: Memories, Mementos, and Other Treasures from the Creative Team Behind the Beloved Motion Pictures
  • The Twilight Companion: The Unauthorized Guide to the Series
  • Twilight and History
  • Twilight and Philosophy: Vampires, Vegetarians, and the Pursuit of Immortality (The Blackwell Philosophy and Pop Culture Series)
  • New Moon: The Complete Illustrated Movie Companion (The Twilight Saga: The Official Illustrated Movie Companion, #2)
  • A New Dawn: Your Favorite Authors on Stephenie Meyer's Twilight Series
  • Twilight Director's Notebook : The Story of How We Made the Movie Based on the Novel by Stephenie Meyer
  • Bloodlust (The Vampire Diaries: Stefan's Diaries, #2)
  • Love You to Death: The Unofficial Companion to the Vampire Diaries
  • A Visitor's Guide to Mystic Falls: Your Favorite Authors on The Vampire Diaries
  • Twilite: A Parody
  • The Fledgling Handbook 101
  • The Psychology of Twilight
  • The Sookie Stackhouse Companion (Sookie Stackhouse, #10.5)
  • Shadowhunter's Guide: City of Bones
  • Vampire Kisses: Blood Relatives, Vol. 3 (Vampire Kisses: Blood Relatives, #3)
I was born in Connecticut in 1973, during a brief blip in my family's otherwise western U.S. existence. We were settled in Phoenix by the time I was four, and I think of myself as a native. The unusual spelling of my name was a gift from my father, Stephen (+ ie = me). Though I have had my name spelled wrong on pretty much everything my entire life long, I must admit that it makes it easier to goo...more
More about Stephenie Meyer...
Twilight (Twilight, #1) Eclipse (Twilight, #3) New Moon (Twilight, #2) Breaking Dawn (Twilight, #4) The Host (The Host, #1)

“I think being a teenager is such a compelling time period in your life--it gives you some of your worst scars and some of your most exhilarating moments. It's a fascinating place; old enough to feel truly adult, old enough to make decisions that affect the rest of your life, old enough to fall in love, yet, at the same time too young (in most cases) to be free to make a lot of those decisions without someone else's approval.” 56 likes
“I always needed that extra fantasy world. I had to have another world I could be in at the same time.” 24 likes