Start by marking “Plötzlich Fee - Winternacht (Iron Fey, #2)” as Want to Read:
Plötzlich Fee - Winternacht (Iron Fey, #2)
Preview

Plötzlich Fee - Winternacht (The Iron Fey #2)

4.16 of 5 stars 4.16  ·  rating details  ·  73,512 ratings  ·  4,388 reviews
Mit sechzehn beginnt eine magische Zeit sagt man. Es warten dunkle Geheimnisse auf dich, und du findest endlich die wahre Liebe.
Sie haben Recht.
Mein Name ist Meghan Chase, ich lebe in Loisiana, bin sechzehn Jahre alt und seit gestern bin ich ... plötzlich Fee.

Schon immer hatte Meghan das Gefühl, dass irgendetwas in ihrem Leben nicht stimmt. Aber als sie an ihrem sechzehnt
Kindle Edition, German Edition, 497 pages
Published October 3rd 2011 by Heyne Verlag (first published January 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Plötzlich Fee - Winternacht, please sign up.

Stephanie Well if you did not like the Iron King,then dont even bother with the iron daughter then.The story evolves,but the whole Meg and Ash thing will annoy…moreWell if you did not like the Iron King,then dont even bother with the iron daughter then.The story evolves,but the whole Meg and Ash thing will annoy you more than anything.(less)
May yes it does have suspence and it shocks you with bits and parts of the story.

Dija
Mild spoilers ahead!

Since a picture's worth a thousand words and all that, allow me to sum up everything that happens in The Iron Daughter.

Girl meets Boy.

Girl becomes obsessed with Boy.

Boy treats Girl like crap and tells her to leave him alone, after insulting her in front of everyone.

Girl does not react like this, as any self-respecting female would have.

Or even this, which would have sufficed.

Girl decides to weep instead.

Friend falls for Girl.

Girl pines after Boy anyway.

Boy tells Girl they ca
Kim
I wasn't sure if I was going to give it 4 or 5 stars, because this book is very good, but it does has one mayor flaw that I found to be annoying.

Meghan and Ash. When you think about it... What does she really know about him, besides that he's gorgeous and 'icy'? He tried to kill her several times now. I don't know but that doesn't exactly scream boyfriend material to me.

Don't get me wrong, I nearly creamed myself when I read he has a silver stud in his ear. Add the billowing coat and I'm sold.
Haleema
Beware of spoilers!

What a complete disappointment compared to the utter bliss I felt from the first one. Meghan is the reason why I gave this book a two! I shall proceed to have my fangirl moments and my complaints now:

Fangirl moments:
1. You see, the first 114 pages were decent. However, I must say I had a deep longing to see my Puck! I couldn't stand it. I did not laugh or giggle once throughout the beginning, considering that Prince Ash is an absolute bore.

When Puck finally made his grand entr
Sophie Riggsby
See I have a thing about sequels -- they either hit the mark or they don't. There's no in-between point, at least not for me.

And I loved The Iron King's mythology, charcters and plot, so I did have to wonder could Julie Kagawa do that all over again? Well,YA Fantasy Fans, she did even more!

What I loved about The Iron King was the mythology -- the nod to traditional faerie lore and then the completely justified and believable addition of an Iron Court. This tilted the familiar power struggle betw
The Flooze
**6.12.2011 ETA: Finished book three and this is one of the most frustrating YA series I've read to date. If you've no tolerance for angsty, bratty, obtuse heroines, steer right clear of it.**

When I first read The Iron King I enjoyed it. I found Ash intriguing, Puck endearing, Grim deliciously mysterious, and the iron fey’s origins refreshing. I applauded Kagawa for conceptualizing a breed of fey borne of our obsession with technology. I noticed obvious similarities between The Iron King and the
Joyzi
Dec 22, 2010 Joyzi rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Those who love Tinkahbell
Recommended to Joyzi by: Goodreads
Note: OMG the ending, God the ending kills man, you've got to read this blah blah blah. Love it I need the next book right now!

Book Review for Iron Daughter by Julie Kagawa
(Ray William Johnson Style)

Note: Ray William Johnson is one of my fave vloggers on Youtube. His videos are called Equals Three or =3 and he's *bleep sound* funny, need I say more?

What's Happening Forum?

Ray William Johnson Pictures, Images and Photos

Guys now I'm going to review this book and yeah let's use pros and cons to make it a teensy bit organize...shall we?

Cool Tra
Blythe
I feel very conflicted at the moment, because I don’t know what rating to give this. The story itself was pretty good, and the ending was sweet, but it’s just Meghan… I don’t think I can not take stars away from this book because of Meghan… I did some thinking about it, and figured without Meghan, this book probably would have gotten three and a half stars from me. With Meghan, I’ve come to the conclusion that it gets two and a half stars. I don’t know if that’s too much, and I’m being too gener ...more
Aik Chien 인첸
I had high expectations for this book even before I started reading it due to its brilliant debut. I wasn't the least bit disappointed with The Iron Daughter. It was as good as The Iron King, if not better. They story has a powerful and thrilling plot which brings readers on a journey to retrieve the Scepter of Seasons which was stolen by a new kind of Faery called The Iron Fey.

The beginning of the story started with Meghan staying in Tir Na Nog, the Winter Court, where Queen Mab is the monarch.
Kristalia
FINAL RATING: /

I am so impressed because this was just soooooooo much more interesting and better than the first one. This was just coooooool (while we are at it, i dont even know how to write this review properly).

So...before you read this one, i suggest you read the Winter's Passage which is kind of necessary because it shows how Ash feels for Meghan and his warnings to her about Winter's court (which she, of course, ignores) and the trip to the Winter's court, with a danger around.

Anyway,
Kristi
I think I might have to move The Iron Daughter to the number one position over The Iron King. This series is one of those that just keeps getting better. I have big hopes for book number three!

The Iron Daughter leaves off right where the The Iron King stops. That being said... You might not want to read the rest of this review if you haven’t read book number one, because it might be a tad bit SPOILERY!

You’ve been warned.

I loved Meghan in the first novel.... but at the beginning of The Iron Da
Colleen Houck
This book had even higher stakes than the first. Loved being in Queen Mab's court and the imagery of the ice and the environment there. Fell even more for Ash. And Ironhorse? Loved him in human form. The whole world of the NeverNever is scary and yet I love it all the more for that.
Kwesi 章英狮
Sep 21, 2011 Kwesi 章英狮 rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Kwesi 章英狮 by: Maria
Promises are not meant to be broken. They are like a glass, they are fragile that one you commit a mistake it will break into little tiny pieces and you must pay for the consequences you have made. After rescuing Ethan from the land of Nevernever, Meghan must pay for the promise she made from the winter prince. She doesn't have a choice but to leave the mortal world and be with Ash in a very cold and dark place, Tir Na Nog.

But when your mortal enemy back and steal a very valuable item that incre
Jessica
MINOR SPOILER ALERT

Ok, um...let’s see..First off: I really, really liked this one. I absolutely love the world Kagawa has created and all the characters in it (IRONHORSE, YOU SERIOUSLY ROCK!). I love Ash, he makes my stomach do flip flops and my pulse race and I devoured this book just like its predecessor. There’s a but, though. Unfortunately, there were a few things that bothered me.

1. Meghan told Ash too soon that she loved him. I cringed and smacked my forehead when I read that part. They di
~Tina~
If I could give more stars, I totally would:)

Wow! I'm blown away and in complete awe of this book!
I don't want to say to much about the story itself since everyone just needs to pick this up A.S.A.P, but I will say that it's Incredible!
Julie Kagawa has out did herself. To every reviewer who said The Iron Daughter was better then the first, wasn't kidding!
I am in love with this series, this book, these characters.

With hauntingly rich and vivid writing Julie has once again captured the attention
♥ Becky  22
Let’s be serious: The cat is the true hero in this series.

I have a feeling that nobody would get anything done without Grimalkin, or whatever its name was.
Most of this book went something like this: "Hey, let's get ourselves in hopeless situations and wait for the cat to show up and save us."

I'm kidding, of course. This book was really fun. The writing in this is so good; it's so easy to picture the Nevernever. (I don't ever want to go there. Never, ever, ever..)

It's creepy as hell. And things
Mizuki
To me, The Iron Daughter is a book ruined by the horror known to readers as silly unrealistic YA romance love triangle.

Can you see the horror? I think we need an exorcist here...please...somebody, HELP!

I actually like the setting about feys, I also like the description about the otherworldly landscapes and the different fey kingdoms, I enjoy the concept about the Iron Feys and the little twists and turns the author had offered.

But what I can't stand is Meghan, the main character, acting like a w
Anushka
I don’t think I even qualify to review this book as I gave it up after 100 something pages due to its sheer stupidity. I liked its prequel The Iron King just fine, it was better than other YA Fae books in comparison, at least.

In this book it was as if Meghan’s character had taken a complete U-turn. She wasn’t your kick-butt heroine in the first book either but she was even worse in this. Firstly, I had mentioned the same in my review of 1st book as well - that Meghan and Ash didn't exactly lack
Sabrina

You're kidding me - right?

That is not how you write a sequel!

I am beyond disappointed by this novel. It was simply a chore to read. And there is purely 1 reason for my general dislike of the novel:

Megan

A.k.a. The Bella Swan of the Iron Fey series. I couldn't stand to read about her. She was just so irritating. I get it - you're in love with Ash - but I mean, c'mon. Have some self-respect, girl.

Look. I love romance. I'm the romance kinda gal. If there isn't romance in a book, I'll make romance.
Alienor ☠ is stuck on the Jellicoe Road ☠
Wow. I feel like I. just. can't. get. enough. of. this. world. As I was travelling through Nevernever, following Ash Meghan's steps, my wonder never ever faded. My dear friends who took part in Chelsea's birthday's buddy read can attest how much I got lost in this outstanding world, my heart aching to come back there. I fell in love with every single character I met, from this yawning, infuriating and hilarious Grimalkin to the giant spiders who... Wait, no. I'll follow Meghan on this :

"I could
Bonnie
I really feel like I’m missing something with this series. I started reading it based solely off the declarations of love and whatnot and I’ve since become sorely disappointed.

The Storyline
In The Iron Daughter, Meghan has become the prisoner of Queen Mab the Winter Faery Queen. After Meghan witnesses the death of Queen Mab’s son by the hands of the Iron Fey she once again gets entangled in that drama. Meghan and a few friends set off in search of the Iron Fey where all kinds of predictable fun
Erin
2.5 stars. But there's a distinct possibility that I just wasn't in the right mood for it.

Here's something I learned about myself while I was reading: I really, really hate it when books have typos or are just not edited very tightly. Why should I care about the book if the people in charge of getting it ready for me didn't care about it enough to make sure it was grammatically correct? Sorry, guys. I'm a future English teacher. It's who I am.

I didn't feel the same tug to get to the next chapter
Nafiza
This is not really a review. It is a conversation Connie (remember, my English-accented conscience) and I having a conversation as we attempted to make our way through the novel.

Connie: Ooo, I remember reading the first one in this series. It was quite entertaining.
Me: I’m glad you enjoyed it. I enjoyed it too.
Connie: Well duh. You enjoyed it cuz I enjoyed it.
Me: Shush. I’m reading.

Silence. Reading commences.

Connie: Whut?
Me: Let’s keep reading.
Connie: She’s annoying me.
Me: I know but we enjoyed
Amy
Katie.g

Miles better than The Iron King. I was almost ready to give up on this series. Sometimes it pays off to stick with something when you don't like it at first glance!

The Iron Queen, here we come!
Steph Sinclair

Despite the fact that I feel Meghan obsessed a little too much over Ash (especially in the beginning), this book was amazing. The character development, plot and storyline made up for most misgivings of Meghan's flaws. I'm really looking forward to reading the 3rd book!
CaliGirlRae
The Iron King was a book that came way out of left field and took me off guard. I'm a recent fan of Young Adult books, especially of the speculative variety, and being a fan of practically anything fae related I was quick to jump on the book. Julie Kagawa's intro into the world of the Iron Fey was addictive and after finishing the first, I couldn't wait to dive back into the world to see what the cast of characters was up to in their next adventure.

Just like I hoped, The Iron Daughter turned out
Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey)
Quick review:

Cover: Okay
Rating: PG-13
Overall: Better than the last but only slightly
Characters: Stellar
Plot: A girl on a quest with many friends to help along the way
Page Turner: Yes
Series Cont.? Sure
Recommend: Yes
Book Boyfriend: Ash

SUMMARY (50 words or less)

I won’t say I was blown away by this book. For most of it I was annoyed. One because Meghan didn’t seem to get it, obvious things and another because no one believed her even though she had a fey to back her up and they ca
Nic
GIMME GIMME GIMME THE IRON QUEEN NOW! I'm hoping using my Ironhorse voice will get me what I want ;)

Wow! The Iron Daughter is even better than The Iron King. No second book let down here. Julie Kagawa writing is addictive. Seriously, I don't know how I'm going to wait for The Iron Queen. I need more NOW!

Julie Kagawa has created the most incredible world with Nevernever and a unforgettable cast of characters. My favourite character would be Ash, no Puck, no Meghan, no Grim, no Ironhorse. Actually
Anne Osterlund
Meaghan is in love with Prince Ash, who has pledged to take her to the Winter Court. As a prisoner of Queen Mab, the queen of the winter faeries, who turns her enemies to ice and lets them struggle for breath throughout eternity.
A fairly hazardous situation.
Especially when Meaghan finds herself at the center of a sibling rivalry.
And when she witnesses the death of the royal heir.
And when war is declared.

Really. High school doesn’t seem so dreadful after all.

I liked Iron Daughter as much as the f
Jessica Saylor
Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. I have sat here, staring at a blank computer screen for at least five minutes, wondering how to start off this review. There is no way that any review I could write would do this book justice. So I'm just gonna say it now before I begin my ramble attempting to explain the fireworks of joy in my tummy: Do whatever you have to to get your hands on a copy of this book and then devour it. This book could not be any better. Fans of the Iron King should start preparing th ...more
Ash vs Puck 94 295 Apr 19, 2015 11:13AM
Books, Books, And...: The Iron Daughter 1 3 Feb 03, 2015 12:51PM
Meghan (spoilers) 5 23 Jan 13, 2015 10:47PM
Would you rather be a winter/Unseelie fey or a summer/seelie fey or an iron fey? Why? 107 248 Dec 24, 2014 10:57PM
Hooked on Books : The Iron Daughter (The Iron Fey #2) by Julie Kagawa - Start Date: October 5, 2014 22 14 Nov 11, 2014 05:27PM
Bookworm Buddies: The Iron Daughter Read Along - DONE 39 23 Oct 22, 2014 02:09PM
OMG!!!!!!!!!!! 3 52 Sep 28, 2014 02:25AM
  • Shadowspell (Faeriewalker, #2)
  • Tempestuous (Wondrous Strange, #3)
  • If I Die (Soul Screamers, #5)
  • Darkest Mercy (Wicked Lovely, #5)
  • Illusions (Wings, #3)
  • Pure (Covenant, #2)
  • Kiss of Frost (Mythos Academy, #2)
  • Forever Frost (Frost, #2)
  • Losing Lila (Lila, #2)
  • Defiance (Strange Angels, #4)
  • Wolfsbane (Nightshade, #2)
  • Shift (Shade, #2)
  • The Charmed Return (Faerie Path, #6)
  • Tiger's Voyage (The Tiger Saga, #3)
  • Spell Bound (Hex Hall, #3)

The Iron Fey (7 books)
  • The Iron King (The Iron Fey, #1)
  • The Iron Queen (The Iron Fey, #3)
  • The Iron Knight (The Iron Fey, #4)
  • The Lost Prince (The Iron Fey: Call of the Forgotten, #1)
  • The Iron Traitor (The Iron Fey: Call of the Forgotten, #2)
  • The Iron Warrior (The Iron Fey: Call of the Forgotten, #3)
The Iron King (The Iron Fey, #1) The Iron Queen (The Iron Fey, #3) The Iron Knight (The Iron Fey, #4) The Immortal Rules (Blood of Eden, #1) The Eternity Cure (Blood of Eden, #2)

“You're kind of blind, you know?" Puck whispered, smiling to soften his words. "I wouldn't defy Oberon for just anyone. But, for you..." He leaned forward, touching his forehead to mine. "I'd come back from the dead for you.” 806 likes
“Forgive me," Ash murmured, and I heard the faintest of tremors beneath his voice. "But I can't... I won't... give her up. Not now, when I've just found her."

-Ash”