Start by marking “Bitten by the Vampire (The Ancients, #1)” as Want to Read:
Bitten by the Vampire (The Ancients, #1)

Bitten by the Vampire (The Ancients #1)

3.12 of 5 stars 3.12  ·  rating details  ·  69 ratings  ·  13 reviews
""Open yourself to passion and I will show you incredible pleasure in a night that will never end. You will be mine. I will never let anyone hurt you, if you but surrender to me.""Vampire Lucian Marcello knows it's his destiny to claim Mara Fuller as his own. She is a Darklighter, half-demon and half-angel, and has sworn to destroy the man who almost killed her. If she suc...more
Published October 1st 2011 by Harlequin Nocturne (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Bitten by the Vampire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bitten by the Vampire

RedIza
This was a distracting story, but maybe a bit too short ? The angle was original, a kind of vampire/lycan police to keep the supernatural world away from the humans, but the characters not really explored fully and the sex scenes were described too rapidly for my taste :p
You get the feeling that the author was writing and thinking "make it quick, make it quick !".
[spoiler]A heroine who barelly knows the hero is willing to give up her life and plan to live forever with a vampire without even thin...more
Lady Raven RAVE!
http://www.romancenoveljunkies.com / for book lovers and readers.

BRIEF SUMMARY
Lucian is a vampire who works for The Society for Elimination of Malevolent Magick. His assignment and destiny, is to claim, Mara. Mara is a Darklighter, half demon, half angel. Lucian needs to claim and mate with Mara, before her dark side fully takes over.

THOUGHTS (May contain spoiler)

I am beginning to love this series and the concept of what the story entails. This is the first book in the series; I read book two ‘M...more
Helene Stackhouse
Très sympa comme lecture ! Un univers vampirien qui pourrait être qualifié de rébarbatif et pourtant, l'histoire est super sympa ! Une société secrète chargée de protéger les humains des surnat., mais avec des meurses un peu légères ! Un puissant vampire dont la mission est de récupérer et au besoin anéantir une jeune femme mi ange mi démon !
Un roman assez court, mais plaisant à lire, sans prise de tête et assez rythmé !
A lire !

Il fait visiblement partie d'une quadrilogie !

1.99€ chaque volume e...more
Evy
Du vampire, oui, mais pas que...
La couverture donne une bonne idée du type de créatures que nous allons trouvé mais j'ai été très surprise par la nature de Mara. Et je peux vous dire que c'est une belle surprise !
Mara est une jeune femme dont la vie n'a pas toujours été simple, surtout à cause de ses origines. Elle va faire la rencontre de Lucien qui est chargé de la protéger... d'elle-même.
Je ne peux pas trop en dire sans spoiler et vous ôter les points que j'ai aimé dans cette histoire. Donc.....more
Kimberly Maupin taylor
A fast moving book but suspenseful and erotic too. Loved it.
Sherryv
This is sooo not PG 13
Melissa Maxwell
The story was good and interesting. Lucien and Mara were likeable characters but it was missing something. It may have been that the story was very short and you just missed the ultimate connection. It is good and I will read the others in the series.
Jenniffer
Atractiva, con un clásico y seductor vampiro de lo más llamativo. Me dio mucha risa la burla hacia Twilight. La relación entre Lucien y Petra me recordó mucho a la de Acheron con Simi. Mara no me gusto, demasiado terca -_-
Tia
This novel was all sorts of cheesy. I'm serious, I could not keep a straight face. The book is basically all a diversion for sex, the other stuff doesn't really matter. It was kind of stupid.
*Mo0sHaLuTz*
3.5!!!!
La historia es buena, pero creo que le falto a la autora explotarla mas xD
Yui
Too painful to finish. Luckily it's short and I skipped a lot.
Lita Bouquard
rubbish nothing worthwhile don't bother
Tracy
Book had a good story but wasn't too short.
Cyndie
Cyndie marked it as to-read
Oct 18, 2014
Tina Camelia
Tina Camelia marked it as to-read
Oct 12, 2014
Debra
Debra marked it as to-read
Sep 27, 2014
Sarah marked it as to-read
Sep 12, 2014
Leonie Burlace
Leonie Burlace marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2014
Janell
Janell added it
Aug 09, 2014
Jo
Jo marked it as to-read
Jul 30, 2014
Cheryl Wronka
Cheryl Wronka marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2014
Nadine Stoelman
Nadine Stoelman marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Bonnie Vanak fell in love with romance novels during childhood. While cleaning a hall closet, she discovered her mother’s cache of paperbacks and started reading. Thus began a passion for romance and a lifelong dislike for housework.

After years of newspaper reporting, Bonnie became a writer for a major international charity. She travels to destitute countries such as Haiti to write about famine, d...more
More about Bonnie Vanak...
The Mating Chase (Werewolves of Montana, #1) The Mating Hunt (Werewolves of Montana, #2) Taken by the Alpha Wolf (Draicon Werewolves, #0.5) The Empath (Draicon Werewolves, #1) Immortal Wolf (Draicon Werewolves, #5)