Start by marking “Courageous Living: Dare to Take a Stand: Dare to Take a Stand” as Want to Read:
Blank-133x176
Courageous Living: Dar...

Michael Catt

Courageous Living: Dare to Take a Stand: Dare to Take a Stand

3.93 of 5 stars 3.93  ·  rating details  ·  44 ratings  ·  10 reviews
Michael Catt, pastor and executive producer of the film COURAGEOUS, examines the courage shown by biblical characters (Abraham, Nehemiah, Ruth, Paul, etc.) to enliven our faith today.
Unknown Binding, 178 pages
Published May 27th 2014 by Not Avail (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Courageous Living, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Courageous Living

Darlene
I was very much looking forward to reading this book. After the whoopla about Courageous the movie, I was really hoping for a strong "accompanying" book that would help me (and the target audience) dig deeper into the renewed drive for men to step up in their families and retake the family leadership role that feminism has taken from them.

Let me preface my next thoughts by saying that I come at this review not only as a reader, but as a professional editor. My day-to-day work involves analyzing,
Greg
I actually listened to the audiobook version of this book from Christianaudio.com as part of their reviewer program.

This book was written as a follow-up to the movie Courageous that is in cinemas at the moment. At the time of writing this review I have not yet seen the movie.

I do love the message of this book - time for Christian men to live as Christ lived, and He has called us to live, rather than the mamby-pamby watered down, dare I say feminized way that most Christian men live today!

But not
Lynn Dove
“In the new film COURAGEOUS (from the makers of Fireproof), four police officers are confident and focused when it comes to facing danger on the job. But leading their families at home in a God-honoring way? That takes courage.

Because it is important to take a faithful, fearless stand in so many areas of life, pastor and COURAGEOUS executive producer Michael Catt offers Courageous Living as a closer look at biblical themes and characters that inspired the greatly anticipated movie.
Catt brings f
Rachel
This was a good challenging read. Not overly "deep" in the writing style, but certainly convicting! The author speaks mainly to fathers, or parents at times, but I still found that I could take away most of message. Each chapter is focused on a character in the Bible, as well as a scene taken from the film, Courageous, to provide application and a challenge for boldness in a certain area. I found Catt's theology to be pretty much spot-on and his insight into the problems of our day and age to be ...more
Tim Chavel
Michael Catt is the Pastor of the church that has made the movies, "Flywheel," "Facing the Giants," "Fireproof," and "Courageous." This book is a book written as a resource for the message in the movie. I have read several of Michael's books. He does a great job reinforcing the truths of Scripture. He uses lots of quotes from others as well as giving Scripture support for the principles taught. I will leave one quote from the book for you to think about: "Instead of cowering to the pressures of ...more
Greg Van Vorhis
This book, which is a spin-off inspirational book based on the movie "Courageous," inspired me only about half of what I expected it to do. Overall, it is a summary of Biblical heroes, what they did, and how that applies to our lives in the present-day. Worth reading, because it's quick, but don't expect a life-changer. The movie will do that itself.
Murph Hutson
I give this an 85%. It's pretty good, but sometimes the author seems a little more passionate about being Baptist than about being courageous followers of Christ. If you have to choose, just read The Resolution For Men and/or The Resolution For Women by Stephen and Alex Kendrick.
Matthew Dishman
Very good book. I wish every man would read this. It really has the possibility of stepping on toes. I will recommend this book to the men of the church.
Jill
I may read this one again. A real motivator by the pastor of Sherwood Baptist in Albany, GA.
Susie Meyer
interesting. the movie was better. just so much quoting
Mike Carroll
Mike Carroll marked it as to-read
Jan 28, 2015
Ben
Ben marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2015
Laurie Neff
Laurie Neff is currently reading it
Jan 11, 2015
Steven Beckham
Steven Beckham marked it as to-read
Jan 02, 2015
Douglas Eu
Douglas Eu marked it as to-read
Dec 31, 2014
charity
charity marked it as to-read
Dec 01, 2014
Amy
Amy marked it as to-read
Nov 28, 2014
Marty Henson
Marty Henson marked it as to-read
Nov 18, 2014
Kathleen
Kathleen marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2014
James Njoroge
James Njoroge marked it as to-read
Aug 07, 2014
Holger Kaiserling
Holger Kaiserling marked it as to-read
Aug 04, 2014
John Lim
John Lim marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2014
Kallee Buske
Kallee Buske marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2014
Jeannie
Jeannie marked it as to-read
Jun 02, 2014
Cameron
Cameron marked it as to-read
May 21, 2014
Liam
Liam marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Fireproof Your Life: Building a Faith That Survives the Flames Courageous Teens The Power of Desperation: Breakthroughs in Our Brokenness Honor Begins at Home: The Courageous Bible Study (Member Book) Courageous Living Bible Study Member Book

“faith, courage, integrity, and prayer.” 0 likes