Start by marking “Courageous Living: Dare to Take a Stand: Dare to Take a Stand” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Courageous Living: Dar...

Michael Catt

Courageous Living: Dare to Take a Stand: Dare to Take a Stand

4.06  ·  Rating Details  ·  51 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
Michael Catt, pastor and executive producer of the film COURAGEOUS, examines the courage shown by biblical characters (Abraham, Nehemiah, Ruth, Paul, etc.) to enliven our faith today.
Unknown Binding, 178 pages
Published May 27th 2014 by Not Avail (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Courageous Living, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Courageous Living

Darlene
Jan 06, 2012 Darlene rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: recommended
I was very much looking forward to reading this book. After the whoopla about Courageous the movie, I was really hoping for a strong "accompanying" book that would help me (and the target audience) dig deeper into the renewed drive for men to step up in their families and retake the family leadership role that feminism has taken from them.

Let me preface my next thoughts by saying that I come at this review not only as a reader, but as a professional editor. My day-to-day work involves analyzing,
Greg
Nov 17, 2011 Greg rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I actually listened to the audiobook version of this book from Christianaudio.com as part of their reviewer program.

This book was written as a follow-up to the movie Courageous that is in cinemas at the moment. At the time of writing this review I have not yet seen the movie.

I do love the message of this book - time for Christian men to live as Christ lived, and He has called us to live, rather than the mamby-pamby watered down, dare I say feminized way that most Christian men live today!

But not
Lynn Dove
Jan 03, 2012 Lynn Dove rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
“In the new film COURAGEOUS (from the makers of Fireproof), four police officers are confident and focused when it comes to facing danger on the job. But leading their families at home in a God-honoring way? That takes courage.

Because it is important to take a faithful, fearless stand in so many areas of life, pastor and COURAGEOUS executive producer Michael Catt offers Courageous Living as a closer look at biblical themes and characters that inspired the greatly anticipated movie.
Catt brings f
Rachel
This was a good challenging read. Not overly "deep" in the writing style, but certainly convicting! The author speaks mainly to fathers, or parents at times, but I still found that I could take away most of message. Each chapter is focused on a character in the Bible, as well as a scene taken from the film, Courageous, to provide application and a challenge for boldness in a certain area. I found Catt's theology to be pretty much spot-on and his insight into the problems of our day and age to be ...more
Tim Chavel
Dec 27, 2011 Tim Chavel rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Michael Catt is the Pastor of the church that has made the movies, "Flywheel," "Facing the Giants," "Fireproof," and "Courageous." This book is a book written as a resource for the message in the movie. I have read several of Michael's books. He does a great job reinforcing the truths of Scripture. He uses lots of quotes from others as well as giving Scripture support for the principles taught. I will leave one quote from the book for you to think about: "Instead of cowering to the pressures of ...more
Oluwaseun Popoola
Great book.
Greg Van Vorhis
Mar 10, 2013 Greg Van Vorhis rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: i-own
This book, which is a spin-off inspirational book based on the movie "Courageous," inspired me only about half of what I expected it to do. Overall, it is a summary of Biblical heroes, what they did, and how that applies to our lives in the present-day. Worth reading, because it's quick, but don't expect a life-changer. The movie will do that itself.
Murph Hutson
Jul 12, 2013 Murph Hutson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I give this an 85%. It's pretty good, but sometimes the author seems a little more passionate about being Baptist than about being courageous followers of Christ. If you have to choose, just read The Resolution For Men and/or The Resolution For Women by Stephen and Alex Kendrick.
Matthew Dishman
Feb 04, 2013 Matthew Dishman rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very good book. I wish every man would read this. It really has the possibility of stepping on toes. I will recommend this book to the men of the church.
Jill
Jan 11, 2013 Jill rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I may read this one again. A real motivator by the pastor of Sherwood Baptist in Albany, GA.
Susie Meyer
interesting. the movie was better. just so much quoting
Richard Kolivoski
Richard Kolivoski marked it as to-read
Jan 25, 2016
Luis Guerrero
Luis Guerrero rated it it was amazing
Jan 23, 2016
Sharon
Sharon added it
Jan 18, 2016
Fivewincs
Fivewincs marked it as to-read
Jan 13, 2016
Anthony
Anthony marked it as to-read
Jan 09, 2016
David Schmidgall
David Schmidgall marked it as to-read
Nov 30, 2015
John Geis
John Geis marked it as to-read
Oct 22, 2015
Daryl Smith
Daryl Smith is currently reading it
Oct 08, 2015
Missy
Missy marked it as to-read
Oct 06, 2015
Amy Parker
Amy Parker marked it as to-read
Oct 04, 2015
Issac
Issac rated it really liked it
Sep 06, 2015
Cassandra Trent
Cassandra Trent marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2015
Seun
Seun rated it it was amazing
Jun 19, 2015
Ian Wilson
Ian Wilson marked it as to-read
May 27, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

“Men have a choice: either feel inadequate or get a lot more creative.” 0 likes
“We need men in the church to step up. Inside the church I find that godly fathers are an endangered species.” 0 likes