Start by marking “Lakeside Reunion” as Want to Read:
Lakeside Reunion

Lakeside Reunion

3.96 of 5 stars 3.96  ·  rating details  ·  73 ratings  ·  19 reviews

Bed-and-breakfast owner Lindsey Porter prays she won't run into Stephen Chase when she returns to Shelby Lake. Five years ago, the cop jilted her to marry another woman, and Lindsey fled town. But no sooner does she hit city limits than Stephen pulls her over for a broken taillight. Despite the past, he's still able to stir up Lindsey's old feelings for him. Now a widower
Published October 18th 2011 by Love Inspired

To ask other readers questions about Lakeside Reunion, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lakeside Reunion

Sandy
Kathy
So I thought this one was okay. Five years ago Lindsey and Stephen were engaged, a week before the wedding a girl shows up and tells Stephen he has a two-year-old little boy. Stephen breaks the engagement and marries Bethany instead. Five years later Bethany has passed away from cancer and Lindsey has returned to town to take care of her mom. They are reunited and all their old feelings come rushing back.

While I did enjoy the story, there were just a couple things that kept me from really lovin
Victoria
I have NEVER been so upset about a book, I mean, I know it's fiction but I feel it was completely and totally WRONG. I read it 5 times trying to figure out what I was missing. Like when he says that when he said his vows to Bethany he shut the door to ever having a future with Lyndsey, you can't be in love with someone one minute and then just shut it off. AND THEN HE SAYS THAT HE DOESNT REGRET ANYTHING ABOUT HIS MARRIAGE, and that even if he could change the past he's not sure he would. really ...more
Gina
This story gives a person a like to think about. Stephen Chase broke his engagement with his fiancée for a baby he had out of wedlock with another woman. Which broke Lindsey's heart, so she left town and opened a bed and breakfast. She still had feelings for him. Stephen's wife died of cancer, and then he started wanting Lindsey back in his life. She did not want to fall in love with him or his child because she was hurt by him deeply.

The story is about second chances, but I think it would be re
Title: LAKESIDE REUNION
Author: Lisa Jordan
Publisher: Love Inspired
November 2011
ISBN: 978-0-373-81587-6
Genre: Contemporary romance

Itsjustme-wendy
This was a good book, sweet, I liked the storyline and the characters. It was interesting enough to keep me reading.
But - it definitely was not as good as the second book "Lakeside Family". The characters were simpler the storyline was simpler but yet it was a little confusing at times. Also it was VERY predictable with little or no twists. All that said - it still was a good book and I did enjoy it!

The great thing about it is that the second book (in my opinion) is so much better that it shows
Sarah Lesan
(SPOILERS THROUGHOUT ENTIRE REVIEW) This story has an interesting storyline. This book is about a girl, Lindsey who is extremely bothered by the death of her father and last minute decision by her fiance to break off the wedding. Now, her fiance at the time, Stephan, found out that he had a son with another woman he barely knew, and decided to break it off with Lindsey and marry this other girl instead because he felt it was the right thing to do. Five years later, Lindsey comes back into town, ...more
shms
I like the whole jilted for another storyline. One of my favourites, and being a woman of faith I connected with the way faith is threaded through this book but for some reason, which I cant put my finger on, this was more a miss than hit.

(view spoiler)
Jill Kemerer
Lisa Jordan writes a heartwarming story with lovable characters. Lindsey returns to her hometown to care for her mother who slipped and broke a leg, but the past haunts her as Lindsey runs into the man who left her at the altar, memories of her deceased father, and a town that has moved on...but she hasn't.

The beautiful descriptions and sympathetic characters really stood out for me. Lindsey had huge reasons not to trust Stephen, and I enjoyed watching her work through her past. I wanted to conn
Catherine
Lisa's debut novel was a great read. I loved her characters and felt connected to them. I understood Lindsay's motives, especially her self-preservation ideals. Having lost a parent, I knew the kind of grief she was experiencing. This was a well=written story with lots of emotional punch, and I teared up more than a few times. Definitely recommended! Well, done, Lisa!!
Beth Vogt
Lisa Jordan knows how to write a debut novel: like a seasoned author! Lakeside Reunion is a lovely blend of regrets transformed by forgiveness. Jordan's characters are true-to-life and her writing skill alternately brought tears to my eyes or caused me to laugh out loud. Can't wait to read Jordan's next novel.
Reba J.
What an incredible feel good romance. This was a wonderful debut novel. I can't wait for book two, Lakeside Family. If you want a really good, easy read that will leave your heart happy, this is the book for you. While I won't spoil the ending, it sure is a happy one!
Melissa Tagg
I loved every page of Lakeside Reunion! The characters definitely tugged at my heart and the plot moved along at a great pace. Loved the wordsmithing, too. Fantastic debut novel from Lisa Jordan...and I can't wait for the next in her Lakeside series!
Donna Pyle
Lakeside Reunion proved to be a delightful story of redemption and good brought forth from ashes. Lisa weaved the characters' feelings and situations with fluid grace to make for a beautiful escape. Very well done!
Patriciaw
Pleasing contemporary romance from debut author Lisa Jordan. An inn owner who has suffered loss and betrayal wonders whether she can bear to risk her heart again--to the man who broke it years ago.
Edie Melson
This book was an amazing read. The author totally pulled me into the story with strong, believable characters and a compelling storyline. This is an author to bookmark!
Joan
A quick, clean, and interesting romantic novella. This is another one I will recommend to my teenaged granddaughters.
Sara
Good old christian romance. Not too preachy, great story. I own it if friends want to borrow it :)
Laura marked it as to-read
Jan 18, 2015
Cindy Coleman
Cindy Coleman marked it as to-read
Dec 27, 2014
Cindy Coleman
Cindy Coleman marked it as to-read
Nov 28, 2014
Rita
Rita marked it as to-read
Jan 01, 2015
Pam
Pam marked it as to-read
Oct 25, 2014
Sharon
Sharon marked it as to-read
Oct 08, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Lakeside Family Lakeside Sweethearts Lakeside Redemption CashCow Kids: The Guide to Financial Freedom at Any Age! NGO Accountability: Politics, Principles and Innovations