Start by marking “Once a Ferrara Wife... (Ferrara, #1)” as Want to Read:
Once a Ferrara Wife... (Ferrara, #1)

Once a Ferrara Wife... (Ferrara #1)

3.79  ·  Rating Details ·  1,336 Ratings  ·  137 Reviews
For better...or for bedding?

Laurel Ferrara wouldn't know a happy ending if she fell over it - of course her whirlwind wedding was always going to end in disaster. But it wasn't as simple as just walking away. From the moment she is summoned back to Sicily, the shivers of unease set in....

The command comes from legendary billionaire Cristiano Ferrara, the husband she can't

Mass Market Paperback, Harlequin Presents #3043, 192 pages
Published February 2012 by Harlequin

To ask other readers questions about Once a Ferrara Wife..., please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Once a Ferrara Wife...

Wonderful heart wrenching intense emotional second chance at love story,its now on my "THE MOST FAVOURITE "shelf,the story progressed really well,all the characters were well developed ,adored both Cristiano-Laurie,you can really feel their love in their tension,anger,contempt.What really made this book extra ordinary was we have Hero who is not shy to express his emotions,it was Laurie who has problems,we have so many books where H has problems with expressing his emotions it was a nice change, ...more
Rating 4.5

Really enjoyed the heck out of this. I enjoy a good re-union story and this one had that in spades, loads of anger but beneath it all love and those three words don't come at the end and a hero who fights and grovels for the heroine. And a heroine with trust issues. Really enjoyable.

And guess what the hero and heroine are celibate and actually respect their marriage vows.
 Danielle The Book Huntress (Self-Proclaimed Book Ninja)
This book packs an emotional punch. From page one, I was fiercely involved with the story. I have been an admirer of Sarah Morgan for several years, and she continues to meet my expectations. In this case, she's exceeded them. Sarah has created a story of a marriage that self-destructed, and the aftermath when this couple gets reunited by a family wedding.

I really liked the fact that the characters' emotional problems aren't solved by their love for each other. In fact, they have to work them th
Funny story with this one. I tweeted DA's Jane to ask if she had any semi-recent Presents to recommend when Sunita suggested this book. Next thing you know, Sarah Morgan tweets "Noooo I'm not ready to be creamed in #dabwaha and by @_ridley_ in the same week."

I had no idea I was so terrifying.

Long story short, she offers me a free copy of the book to show she was only kidding, and I happily accepted. Good thing too, as it was a great source of vitamins A(ngst) and D(rama), and I like to stay hea
Dec 11, 2011 Marajean rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nov 11, 2011 RLA rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The heroine Laurel arrives in Sicily a bag of nerves, to attend her best friend's wedding. She hasn't been back since she walked out on her marriage to Cristiano, the hero. Cristiano has never forgiven Laurel for giving up on them, and when they meet again he doesn't give her an inch. Laurel was deeply hurt by Cristiano's actions, or lack of, when she went through a very difficult experience. Laura grew up in care and having to look after herself, never wanting to be emotionally vulnerable to ot ...more
The heroine was incredibly unlikeable.I couldn't believe one of the best heroes of Sarah Morgan ended up with this annoying heroine.
Alex is The Romance Fox
Sarah Morgan is one of my favorite Mills and Boon’s authors and I enjoy most of her books.
I loved the story of Once a Ferrara Wife and would have given it a 5 star review except for one thing that really irritated me (more about this later on).

This is a very intense, compelling and emotional story about Cristiano and Laurel Ferrara and I was captivated from the moment I started page 1 and I was so engrossed in the story that before I realized I had finished the book in one reading.

You are total
Dec 29, 2011 sbf20112011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5 stars. This one was really well done overall -- great emotional angst, good characters -- but it was one of those stories that was sad to read and left me feeling a little down, even after the end. Even though it ended happily. That's why I took off a half star. It also deals with a subject -- (view spoiler) -- that I don't really enjoy reading about in an HP because it's too much of a downer. Overall though, this was a good rea ...more
Grade B

While I didn't absolutely love this book, I did like it. It was a pretty standard HP, but the author managed to do something I've rarely seen in HP's or full-length novels. She has her characters actually struggling to communicate, but they keep at it until they get it right! I was about to get irritated at how often the hero and heroine start conversations only to have them flame out. But they persisted, and they finally ended up really communicating. The author has them talking for
Mandi Schreiner
Jan 25, 2012 Mandi Schreiner rated it really liked it
Favorite Quote: Slowly, she turned her head and looked at him.
He turned his head too and his eyes fixed on hers.
Both should have looked away but neither of them did.
The inevitability of it was as sweet and sharp as the desire that stabbed through her body.

Laurel Ferrara is going back to the one place in the world she has no desire to be – Sicily. And she is going to see the one person in the world she has no desire to see – her husband. Two years ago, after a devastating miscarriage, Laurel wal
i am getting harder to please in my old age--the plots, or lack of them, all seem to run together anymore. the hero is an arrogant jerk who truly believes he can do no wrong, and that the heroine has wronged him. it takes a while for it to sink in that he really was in the wrong in how he treated his wife, and he does make amends, but....
Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
Originally posted at: http://www.longandshortreviews.blogsp...

This is a romance that’s a real nail-biter. It comes from not knowing who is going to say the one thing that will get these two emotionally bruised lovers to finally be truthful to the other. The author chose the most diametrically opposed people to fall in love; he’s uber-rich and commanding, she’s hard-driven, independent and trusts no one – with good reason. Really dramatic and heart breaking good reasons.

As first, the story start
4 1/2 stars. Usually when a couple in a Harlequin Presents each think the other did them wrong, there's an external reason -- an Evil Other Woman led them astray, or a letter didn't get delivered, or a phone call was misunderstood. This story was interesting because, realistically, both parties are right -- or wrong, as the case may be. It was also interesting as a turnaround of the usual scenario: Laurel, who grew up in foster care, is the one who is emotionally closed off, while her husband Cr ...more
Feb 19, 2012 Kate rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Overall, this is a great book. I really love HPs that allow the hero and heroine work out and overcome problems because that's what real life is about.

However, I had a big problem with one issue that kept this from being a five-star read for me. (view spoiler)
Mar 15, 2012 Las rated it it was ok
Boring. The whole book was just a constant back and forth argument about ONE event, and while the arguments themselves were well-written and made sense* considering the characters, by the end I just didn't care if this couple got back together. There was nothing romantic about this story.

*Made sense, that is, until the hero suffered from an acute drop in IQ points and said, right when things were starting to look up, "Why do women always turn everything into a major drama?" Really, jackass? Tha
Mar 09, 2012 Lizzie rated it it was ok
Underwhelming. Most reviews seem to harp on the heroine's "unreasonable" behaviour; I was more struck by the hero's early use of his wealth and influence to steamroll over the heroine's desire to avoid contact. This was a wannabe angst novel- a very Big Mis was set up but I felt oddly detached from the leads' struggle.
Sara  HarlequinJunkie
Apr 26, 2012 Sara HarlequinJunkie rated it it was amazing
My Reviews: HarlequinJunkie

‘Once a Ferrara wife’ is an incredibly wonderful reunion story, Laurel Ferrara and Cristiano Ferrara marriage fell apart when Cristiano let Laurel down badly and she ended up walking away from their Marriage. Now 2 years later she ruturns briefly to Sicily to stand as Maid of Honor for Cristiano’s sister’s wedding and settle their divorce, this is where the story picks up.
Once a Ferrara wife is compelling read; full of tension, drama, conflict and angst. There was gr
Jun 24, 2012 Desere rated it it was amazing

Review by Desere

This was the first book of two about two absolutely incredible powerful and handsome brothers as created by the very talented Sarah Morgan.

We meet the somewhat weak in her own unique way Laurel ,she left her marriage and life she once knew behind to move on from a terrible miscarriage and the husband who she believed would be there for her when she needed him the most.

Now she is back as a favour to his sister and the man himself is more than persistent in proving that not only c
Ruthie Knox
Jun 24, 2012 Ruthie Knox rated it really liked it
Great "reunited marriage" story! I loved that they were both furious at each other and certain the other was wrong, and they turned out both to be right about the other and wrong about themselves. Nice setup for emotional growth on both characters' part. I also like that the sexual chemistry was not allowed to take over the story. Both characters knew sex had never been their problem, and Morgan kept it largely at the margins of the story.
Mar 11, 2013 Jenny rated it did not like it
As another reviewer said the heroine was so unlikeable I couldn't help but feel sorry for the super amazing hero who ended up with her.
27 January 2016: $1.99 on Kindle
Exciting opening scene. Great heroine, very real person, difficult childhood, rightfully mistrusting based on her husband's insensitivity to her needs. But she loves him and forgives. Hero loves his wife and learns about values through understanding how he wronged her. He is an alpha male but one who is very faithful and recognizes that he truly wronged heroine and must prove himself.
Oct 09, 2014 Tishke rated it really liked it
A second chance story about being let down by the man you loved who happened to be the only person in your life you trusted to be there at the most crucial time in your life, a workaholic husband who had no idea all his wife had to face and depended on the ill advise of a doctor. If we take the epilogue away, the story takes place in a span of three weeks but the pacing was fine and didn't feel rushed. The characters were likable and the plot was realistic.
This was well written and angst ridden, but was only a "like" for me. I think it's simply a matter of taste. Just wasn't my favorite flavor of angst. The subject matter isn't what I typically seek in an HP. I prefer more crazy.

This was all about a marriage that fell apart due to faults on both sides and much of the angst is centered around miscarriage and fertility.

I felt the heroine contributed the most to the demise by refusing to communicate. Her past explained it, but I still found her frus
Laurel is sitting in a grounded plane on a runway in Palermo, half listening to her seat mates commentary on the limo that’s cruising towards them. She has no time for such trivialities. She should never have returned to Sicily. There is much awfulness, but she could not turn down her friend’s demand that she attend this wedding. Oh, why didn’t she turn it down?

Anyway, that limo is for her, she realises. And it’s a good thing that this is actually the case, because how embarrassing if she’d got
Nov 17, 2015 Donnie rated it it was amazing
Another great romance by Sarah Morgan.
Good reunion love story!
Jan 24, 2016 Maria rated it really liked it
Oh my I really enjoyed this book. Had a hard time first two chapters because it was my first audio book experience. Not sure but I like to read my books and do my own interpretation in my head of what their voices should sound like or intonation of their dialogue. Anyway back to Cristiano and Laurel story. He loved her my did he love her. He showed her with every word and action. After about half way to the book I really hater her for putting him through hell. The almost apology at the airport b ...more
This was a sweet, second chance romance, if a bit on the sappy side for me. I appreciate the fact that the author didn't end the book with the protags falling into bed and having sex with each other but made a real effort in exploring how two people who BOTH feel their trust in each other has been irretrievably broken can plausibly, slowly but surely, put the pieces back together and end up with some thing a lot stronger than they started out with.

I guess my main problem is that it was a bit rep
I Need To Know 6 31 Mar 08, 2014 08:36AM
  • Strangers in the Desert
  • The Man Who Risked it All
  • Princess From the Past
  • Deserving of His Diamonds?
  • The Scorsolini Marriage Bargain (Royal Brides, #5; Scorsolini Princes, #3)
  • His Majesty's Mistake (A Royal Scandal, #2)
  • The Divorce Party (The Delicious De Campos, #1)
  • The Man She Loves To Hate (The Eligible Bachelors, #1)
  • Girl Behind the Scandalous Reputation
  • The Petrov Proposal  (Forrester, #2)
  • Return of the Moralis Wife
  • Monarch of the Sands
  • The Spaniard's Marriage Bargain (The Marriage Bargain, #1)
  • Dealing Her Final Card (Princes Untamed, #1)
  • The Lone Wolfe (Bad Blood, #8)
  • Unlocking her Innocence
  • The Real Rio D'Aquila (Orisini Brides, #2)
About Sarah

USA Today bestselling author Sarah Morgan writes contemporary romance and her trademark humour and sensuality have gained her fans across the globe. She has been nominated 4 times for the prestigious RITA Award from the Romance Writers of America and has won the award twice. Sarah lives near London, England, and when she isn't reading or writing she loves being outdoors.

Look out for Sl
More about Sarah Morgan...

Ferrara (2 books)
  • The Forbidden Ferrara (Ferrara #2)

“Life isn’t smooth, but it’s the bumps that help us find out who we are. And it’s handling the bumps that gives us courage.” 12 likes