Start by marking “The Zombie Project” as Want to Read:
The Zombie Project

The Zombie Project (The Boxcar Children #128)

3.81 of 5 stars 3.81  ·  rating details  ·  70 ratings  ·  9 reviews
While at the Winding River Lodge, the Aldens hear about a zombie living in the surrounding forest! As the signs of zombie attacks start to mount, the Boxcar Children recruit the help of a reporter and some locals. But is someone hiding information? Or should the Boxcar Children really be afraid of things that go bump in the night?
Published September 6th 2011 by Albert Whitman & Company (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The Zombie Project, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Zombie Project

Cassi aka Snow White Haggard
Most of the time I choose books that sound good. Sometimes I buy books that sound so terrible that they arouse my curiosity.

When I saw The Zombie Project (Boxcar Children Mysteries #128) for sale on Amazon I thought "WTF are they doing to my childhood?" Then I bought it because I needed to know. I think it's impossible to really review this book. It's bad. Sometimes I feel like it's a joke. Then I find myself wondering "Were they always this bad & I just never realized?"

So here are some of t
Kristi Bernard
The Boxcar kids are back. This time there are zombies lurking in the woods at the Winding River Lodge. When Madison shows up part of her vacation from the Greenfield Gazette will be spent finding a story for her blog Hauntings. She decides to study up on the local folklore on Zombies. Benny wanted to know all about the zombie legend. While Benny and the gang help Maude clear the old trail to the fishing lodge, Benny thinks he see's a zombie behind the lodge. The story the kids heard sitting by t ...more
Kim
Grades 3-5

The Alden children are back, this time for a stay at the Winding River Lodge. Grandfather has dropped them off to enjoy the natural beauty and help owner Maude Hansen around the lodge. While they are there, Maude's grandson Jake tells the story of the Winding River Zombie, who is said to inhabit the woods around them. Mysterious noises and lights in the night make even the older children reconsider their statement to Benny that there is no such thing as zombies, especially when they s
Lynn DeFord
For students grades 2-5 ready for easy chapter books that like mysteries. I have some of these already in my library and they aren't very popular, so I'm hoping the zombie angle on this one will increase their circulation. This book is not for me but I hope there will be some fans of the series that will check it out.
Lauren
I totally listened to this audiobook the past two nights going to be. He had a very soothing voice, brought me back to my childhood. Benny still kind of gets on my nerves like he did when I was younger. Guess some things never change!
Brooke
I do not know why I keep reading these books. I think that some part of me is hoping they'll get better. No such luck. :(
Anthony Sanders
i didn't read it yet but i think it will sell averagely for books these days and be a good book by the illustraton.
Jill
Decca read it in one sitting. A quick and easy mystery for kids in the 7 to 9 range.
PWRL
Aug 15, 2012 PWRL marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012-new
SM
Sandra
Sandra marked it as to-read
Nov 11, 2014
Angelo Ryan
Angelo Ryan marked it as to-read
Nov 10, 2014
Cleo Reads
Cleo Reads marked it as to-read
Nov 07, 2014
Rhianna Neel
Rhianna Neel marked it as to-read
Oct 26, 2014
Ilana Amzallag
Ilana Amzallag marked it as to-read
Oct 14, 2014
Evelyn
Evelyn marked it as to-read
Oct 14, 2014
Rhonda
Rhonda marked it as to-read
Sep 14, 2014
Carey Mcculloch
Carey Mcculloch marked it as to-read
Sep 11, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Gertrude Chandler Warner was born in Putnam, Connecticut, on April 16, 1890, to Edgar and Jane Warner. Her family included a sister, Frances, and a brother, John. From the age of five, she dreamed of becoming an author. She wrote stories for her Grandfather Carpenter, and each Christmas she gave him one of these stories as a gift. Today, Ms. Warner is best remembered as the author of THE BOXCAR CH ...more
More about Gertrude Chandler Warner...
The Boxcar Children (The Boxcar Children, #1) Surprise Island (The Boxcar Children, #2) The Boxcar Children 1-4 (The Boxcar Children, #1-4) The Yellow House Mystery (The Boxcar Children, #3) Mystery Ranch (The Boxcar Children, #4)