Start by marking “The Life of Blessed Dominic Savio” as Want to Read:
The Life of Blessed Dominic Savio

The Life of Blessed Dominic Savio

Published August 19th 2011 by Literary Licensing, LLC (first published January 1st 1978)

To ask other readers questions about The Life of Blessed Dominic Savio, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Life of Blessed Dominic Savio

Christian Engler
St. John Bosco’s biography of his pupil, St. Dominic Savio, is not the typical average bestseller biography. Rather, what it really is is a succinct synopsis of one man’s personal observations and experiences with a holy youth who stayed within the religious order he founded: The Salesians of Don Bosco (or the Salesian Society, officially named the Society of St. Francis de Sales). In this little book, comprising only of 152 pages, St. John Bosco is like a religious field anthropologist, who, fr ...more
Alaister Lim
May 27, 2013 Alaister Lim rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A really inspiring book, about the life of a young Catholic lad, Dominic Savio (who was later canonised a saint), who was a student of Father John Bosco (Don Bosco, who was also canonised a saint). He led a really pious and holy life, and died at the young age of 14, one month short of his 15th birthday, preserving his baptismal innocence until his death. It makes us think; if a young lad can be this good, why can't we 'more mature' adults be like him? A highly recommended read. I didn't say too ...more
Elise
Jan 22, 2012 Elise rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I rated this based on the influence I think it will have on my daily life. I really like that Saint John Bosco did not go into detail about ecstasies and the other extraordinary phenomena Saint Domenico Savio experienced but rather portrayed him as a model for youth in their everyday life. I think his qualities will make him quite a good model for me to (try to) follow.
Audrey
Nov 21, 2016 Audrey rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
After we talked for some time, and I was about to call his father, Dominic asked, "Will I do, Father? Will you take me to Turin to study?"
"Well, you seem to have good stuff in you."
"Good stuff? Good for what?"
"Good for a lovely vestment to give the Lord."
"Then you are the tailor and I'm the cloth. Take me with you and make me into a beautiful vestment for him."
Megan
May 18, 2013 Megan rated it it was amazing
Beatiful and inspiring. The updated title of the book is "The Life of St. Dominic Savio." This is honestly one of the most wonderful and fulfilling books I've read (and I've read a lot of books).
MaryJeanne
It's very cool to read a book written by a Saint, about a Saint. But can I admit that rather than finding young Dominic Savio inspiring, I felt discouraged? Purity, piety, and zeal at levels so far beyond my reach!
Paolo Altejos
Paolo Altejos rated it it was amazing
Nov 16, 2013
Ryan Best
Ryan Best rated it it was amazing
Nov 09, 2015
Ro
Ro rated it it was amazing
Mar 22, 2011
Martin
Martin rated it it was amazing
Mar 11, 2015
Nicole Ley
Nicole Ley rated it really liked it
Sep 03, 2014
Amanda
Amanda rated it liked it
Dec 18, 2011
Katie
Katie rated it really liked it
Nov 13, 2014
Vitaly Kolesnik
Vitaly Kolesnik rated it it was amazing
Mar 10, 2017
Diane
Diane rated it really liked it
Mar 25, 2015
Elizabeth
Elizabeth rated it really liked it
Jul 21, 2011
Joe Ben
Joe Ben rated it really liked it
Jun 24, 2015
Joyce
Joyce rated it really liked it
Aug 14, 2012
Daryll Justin
Daryll Justin rated it liked it
Sep 23, 2016
Amy ♥♫
Amy ♥♫ rated it it was amazing
Mar 13, 2012
Zelie
Zelie rated it it was amazing
May 19, 2014
Anita Thomer
Anita Thomer rated it it was amazing
Feb 15, 2017
Catherine
Catherine rated it it was amazing
Jan 07, 2012
Nana
Nana rated it it was amazing
Oct 19, 2013
David Farel
David Farel rated it really liked it
Nov 02, 2013
Denis Mačor
Denis Mačor rated it really liked it
Jul 08, 2013
Lisa Barder
Lisa Barder rated it it was amazing
Sep 09, 2016
Shelby
Shelby rated it it was amazing
Aug 16, 2016
David
David rated it it was amazing
Jul 22, 2015
Chris
Chris rated it it was amazing
Jan 13, 2017