Start by marking “The Life of Blessed Dominic Savio” as Want to Read:
The Life of Blessed Dominic Savio

The Life of Blessed Dominic Savio

4.39 of 5 stars 4.39  ·  rating details  ·  18 ratings  ·  4 reviews
Published August 19th 2011 by Literary Licensing, LLC (first published January 1st 1978)

To ask other readers questions about The Life of Blessed Dominic Savio, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Life of Blessed Dominic Savio

Alaister Lim
A really inspiring book, about the life of a young Catholic lad, Dominic Savio (who was later canonised a saint), who was a student of Father John Bosco (Don Bosco, who was also canonised a saint). He led a really pious and holy life, and died at the young age of 14, one month short of his 15th birthday, preserving his baptismal innocence until his death. It makes us think; if a young lad can be this good, why can't we 'more mature' adults be like him? A highly recommended read. I didn't say too ...more
Elise
I rated this based on the influence I think it will have on my daily life. I really like that Saint John Bosco did not go into detail about ecstasies and the other extraordinary phenomena Saint Domenico Savio experienced but rather portrayed him as a model for youth in their everyday life. I think his qualities will make him quite a good model for me to (try to) follow.
Megan
Beatiful and inspiring. The updated title of the book is "The Life of St. Dominic Savio." This is honestly one of the most wonderful and fulfilling books I've read (and I've read a lot of books).
MaryJeanne
It's very cool to read a book written by a Saint, about a Saint. But can I admit that rather than finding young Dominic Savio inspiring, I felt discouraged? Purity, piety, and zeal at levels so far beyond my reach!
Rosie Posie
Rosie Posie marked it as to-read
Feb 09, 2015
Jennie
Jennie marked it as to-read
Dec 07, 2014
Cindy
Cindy added it
Sep 17, 2014
Chris
Chris marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2014
Sr Phebe
Sr Phebe marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2014
Amy
Amy is currently reading it
Jul 13, 2014
Bintou
Bintou marked it as to-read
Mar 05, 2014
Theresa
Theresa marked it as to-read
Jan 25, 2014
Joyce
Joyce marked it as to-read
Dec 01, 2014
Roshan Suares
Roshan Suares marked it as to-read
Sep 22, 2013
Justyna
Justyna marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2013
Lawrence Alym
Lawrence Alym marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2013
John Raymond
John Raymond marked it as to-read
Jan 25, 2013
Maria
Maria marked it as to-read
Dec 21, 2012
Forty Dreams Of St. John Bosco: From St. John Bosco\'s Biographical Memoirs Forty Dreams of St. John Bosco: The Apostle of Youth St. Joseph Cafasso: Priest of the Gallows Saint John Don Bosco's Book Memoirs of the Oratory of Saint Francis De Sales from 1815 to 1855: The Autobiography of Saint John Bosco