Start by marking “Zombie Tales: Primrose Court Apt. 205” as Want to Read:
Zombie Tales: Primrose...

Robert DeCoteau

Zombie Tales: Primrose Court Apt. 205

3.54 of 5 stars 3.54  ·  rating details  ·  340 ratings  ·  43 reviews
Theodore Granger believes he’s cursed. He’s spent the last ten years locked away. But today is his day, the day he is to venture out into the world again. There is only one simple task on his agenda: walk one block, cross the street, and have a cup of coffee . The only problem is, he chose the wrong day. Enjoy this short story based in the world of my novel Don of the Livi ...more
Nook, 0 pages
Published September 24th 2011 by Zombie Tales Press (first published September 16th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Zombie Tales, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Zombie Tales

Shovelmonkey1
I think that if I was a zombie and in the market for some real estate, I would probably be looking for a nice little pied a terre on Blood Street or Gore Alley because frankly, living somewhere called Primrose Court Apartments is not going to help my zombie street cred at all. Imagine inviting all your zombie mates back? It just wouldn't work, would it?

However, in the first Zombie tales outing the people in question aren't actually fully fledged zombies yet and it is just another ordinary day fo
Blu
Nov 18, 2011 Blu rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: zombie fan-atics
I absolutely loved this short story set in the world of "Don of the Dead" created by author Robert DeCoteau.

The main character is agoraphobic - and for good reason. It seems that every time he ventures out and about, bad things happen...to other people. So for the sake of mankind, he decides to hide himself from the world in his tiny apartment.

Until today.

Is his fear irriational or is there some truth to his belief that he may be cursed? Read and find out.
Felicia A
Very nice! I generally abhor short stories with a fiery, stinging passion and avoid them like I avoid that neighbor I can't stand who, when she stops to talk to you, you know you're in for AT LEAST an hour before you can claw your way away from her.

For those who are unaware, the "Zombie Tales" books are side stories to the author's Don of the Living Dead, which I believe is a full novel.

The concept of the "Zombie Tales" books, perspectives (in separate novellas) of different residents of an ap
Taken from my blog: nicolestorey.wordpress.com

Happy Wednesday! Today is a first, as I am reviewing three books at one time! LOL! Zombie Tales: Primrose Court Series is a collection of three short stories by author Robert DeCoteau. All three stories were based on Decoteau’s novel Don of the Living Dead. I have yet to read this novel, but I must say that I enjoyed all of the Primrose Court “shorts!”

In the first book, Primrose Court Apt. 205, we read about Theodore Granger – a man who suffers from
Karen
This is one of three short stories set in the Primrose Court apartment complex. The story centers on a man with agoraphobia who has not left his apartment for ten year. We get his full background and the story of why he ended up there, and how he feels about his neighbors. What you do not have is any amount of zombies here really. Only on the last few pages do you get even a glimpse of zombie action.

If you want a tale of zombies running around eating people, do not read this. On the other hand i
Nikki Vanderhoof
3.5 Stars

I did not realize that the Primrose Court Apt. stories were actually surrounding the book Don of the Living Dead until reading this one. I thought the idea of this story was very intriguing in the fact that the author picks one individual to follow around and in just a few pages we are introduce to who they are as a person and a quick but revealing back story. Although this is a zombie story there really isn't any zombie type action until close to the end. This is really more like "Wher
Paula
'Zombie Tales: Primrose Court Apt 205' is the first story of three short stories which are in the same universe of 'Don of the Living Dead' by Robert DeCoteau. Theodore Granger lives in Apartment 205, he owns Primrose Court and is agoraphobic (a fear of public places) and today is the first time in ten years that he is leaving his apartment to meet his therapist, Theodore wants to go out, he knows he has to but due to a never~ending bad luck streak, Theodore believes he is cursed, bad things hap ...more

Scott Leffler
I read all three of the Primrose Court short stories in one setting, going from 502 to 305 to 205. I don't think it matters what order you read them in, but I have to implore anyone who loves to watch good character development to read all three.

Based on publish date, this is Robert DeCoteau's third - and sadly, final - installment of the Primrose Court series. Theodore Granger is afraid to leave his apartment. He thinks he's cursed and if he gets sick, people die. Could he be the reason for the
Doug
This is one of a set of three short stories (also Zombie Tales Primrose Court Apt. 305 and Zombie Tales Primrose Court Apt. 502) written about the same series of events, through the eyes of the residents of three apartments in the same complex. These stories lead up to the full length book Don of the Living Dead. The first three chapters of the book are previewed at the end of each of the short stories, though I'm going to wait to read because I have a feeling I'm going to want the entire book a ...more
Hollie Robb
This was actually stupid. I mean really, the characters, not the zombies, really had problems. Agoraphobia? And being a complete neat freak! I mean a, put on latex gloves,clean cups in plastic bags, type of neat freak!

Cathy
Mr. Granger has been locked inside his apartment for years. Every time he gets sick people die. So he decided to stay home to avoid disease.
His therapist convinces him to venture out for a therapy session at a nearby Starbucks. Granger decides to go.
Sure enough people die in a bus accident. Granger is so sick (unknown to him) that the people killed emerge from the accident as zombies.

Problem: I wouldn't have characterized Granger as an agoraphobic. He was only afraid to go out because he was af
Fred
Best one of the three free short stories I've found in this series so far. I don't know if there are more in the series to be released but if there are I'll read them for sure. This story may have been the best of the three for character development.
I absolutely loved the main guy in this. He may have been one of my favorite Zombie Apocalypse characters ever. I mean really, how awesome would it be to follow an unlikely survivor, someone starting with a severe handicap like Agoraphobia who has
Greg Snow
This is an interesting short story. Though it is a quick read, I enjoyed how the author tied a zombie apocalypse into an agoraphobic's outing.
Netanella
Poor Mr. Grainger. For an agoraphobic who hasn't left his apartment in 10 years, he's chosen the worst day - the zombie apocalyspe - to venture outside. Grainger's a recluse due to his seemingly cursed past - people around him tend to die horrific deaths whenever he catches some kind of bug. You'ld think the man would have stayed inside surrounded by his hermetically-sealed plastic gloves and Lysol.

This is a great short story, one of three, that corresponds to the novel, "Don of the Living Dead.
Fabián A.
Amazon is offering this book for free (Kindle edition), so I didn't think it twice and grabbed it. I read it on an afternoon. It was terrific, absorbing and funny. I sure enjoyed it! I already "bought" (also for free) the other books of the series. I'm planning to read them soon after I finish reading The Stand (Yes, I'm in a post-apocalyptic mood. LOL).

This book also includes an extra, the first chapter of a novel the author is currently writing (or so I believe). That extra was awesome as well
 VoluptuousBDiva
I found this extremely boring. Thank goodness it was free.
Stephen Marquez
While this was an interesting short story I was very unhappy with all the grammatical problems throughout. Made reading a tedious. An editor would have fixed most all of it and made it a more enjoyable reading experience. As it is I will look to other authors for my reading pleasure.
Samira
One of three short stories designed to introduce you to "Don of the Dead", this story is a full circle of irony, superstition and features an agoraphobia man who picks 'that day's to venture back out into the world...
Gayle
Entertaining, short story about one man (possibly the unluckiest man in the world) and his decision to leave his flat for the first time in ten years....except he chose the worst possible day imaginable.

As much as I liked the main feature, I really enjoyed the sample of 'Don of the Living Dead' even more and want to know what happens to poor Don (I guess I'll just have to buy the book!).

I've downloaded the other free 'Zombie Tales' and expect to find them just as enjoyable as this one.
Mark Lewis
This story is the second, in a series, that I have read. The external events are the same as Apt. 305, but from a different perspective.

This one is about a timid little man, who is suffering from agoraphobia as well as, mysophobia, better known as germaphobia, and he has an appointment with his doctor, at the local Starbucks. This is the account of how that day goes.

Very humorous and kinda creepy. I really recommend that you read this story.
Vix
Wont give any of the story away... other reviews have fully explained!!
Easy to read, fast paced, gives great back story to his characters really quickly not bogging you down in unwanted stuff... just enough to make you interested!
over in about 45 mins depending on how fast you read!
a fabulous freebie... and makes me want more... thankfully there are 2 more apartments to read about before a larger novel....
interest definitely peeked!
Caridad cruz
This book was okay. The first story was AWESOME!! You can't help but feel sorry for the main character, my heart went out to him. The story left me with my mouth open at the end! The second story was too short, it had a little bit of humor. If the book were longer, I would of easily given it a 4 to 5 star rating. I recommend this book to those who love zombie books or are in the mood to read something short, simple and GORY!! (LOL) ENJOY!!
Conny
I got this book as a free download and I really liked it. It is one of 3 short stories , I was able to read this book in one sitting. It is true the Zombies only make an appearance on the last page, but I still found the story interesting and it held my attention until the end. I can't wait to read the other 2 short stories and the book that they lead up to. I am pretty sure that one will be filled with Zombies.
Mike Scott
I really liked the way Robert writes his character's introduction. I felt so bad for the main character while the story was developing.

The only thing that threw me for a loop was that I didn't relize that there was a "preview" of another story after the first story ended. I thought it was a second story in itself, until it ended abruptly. Luckily, someone else mentioned it in their review.
Jessica Kong
Zombie Tales is a cool book to read. I have never read anything like this before. This is a unique take on a story. I’m not about to give away the plot, but once you read this story, you are hooked and need to read the next installment. I love how all the books are connected. If you don’t believe me, just read it for yourself.
Nancy Hammond
Two very short, too short ,horror stories. I thought the endings were left unfinished to leave the reader to fill in their own ending. Both were good, unique,but I prefer a little more content. Still I would read it again and recommend to others ;esp if you like a very short horror story.
Mark Bond
Another one done. Not many zombies in this, the main character doesn't even get outside of his apartment - he just relates what he has heard from his neighbours and seen from his window. I know its a free book but it simply repeats what has been written in the first 2 instalments.
Carolyn F.
Short story

I was a little confused by this book. (view spoiler) For this reason, I didn't rate it very high. I wish that would have been clearer.
  • LZR-1143: Perspectives (Zombie Short Stories)
  • Hive (No Man's Land #1)
  • Zombie Nights
  • Deadlocked (Deadlocked, #1)
  • Valley Of Death, Zombie Trailer Park
  • Yesterday's Gone: Episode 2 (Yesterday's Gone, #2)
  • Zomblog (Zomblog, #1)
  • The Hungry Land (Living with the Dead #3)
  • Air
  • Dead Highways: Origins (Book 1)
  • The Sickness: Monte's Story (Rise of the Plague Series)
  • Voyage of the Dead (Sovereign Spirit Saga, #1)
  • Zombie Bits (Murdermouth)
  • The Fall (The Rift #1)
  • Circus of the Dead
  • Outbreak (The Zombie Chronicles, #1)
  • Specimen 313
  • Zombies at the Door, Planning for the Inevitable
Robert DeCoteau
I was born in 1974 in Bremerton, Washington. I moved to Bellingham, Washington at the age of four and have been here ever since.
I love living in the Pacific Northwest about two months out of the year. The other ten months it rains.
Constant rain gives me plenty of time to read and write. While I'm hooked on writing horror right now, I enjoy many other genres.
My favorite author is Rob
More about Robert DeCoteau...
Zombie Tales: Primrose Court Apt. 502 Zombie Tales: Primrose Court Apt. 305 Don of the Living Dead The Second Ward The New Days: The First Son