Wicked Edge (Castle of Dark Dreams, #5)

Wicked Edge (Castle of Dark Dreams #5)

4.22 of 5 stars 4.22  ·  rating details  ·  363 ratings  ·  30 reviews
"USA Today" bestselling author Nina Bangs once again tempts readers to enter the wickedly sensual Castle of Dark Dreams--a playground where private pleasures and devilish fantasies come true, where the men who breathe life into women's ultimate desires burn with their own supernatural fire...

As an angel, Passion prides herself on perfection. But some mischievous part of he...more
Published March 1st 2012 by Berkley

To ask other readers questions about Wicked Edge, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wicked Edge

Rin
I made a huge mistake! I had no clue there was a series involved with this novel and jumped in at the middle when all the characters had been developed in previous books.

That being said- I did enjoy it as a quick, light read. And I appreciated how it had a plot and not just smut.

Rin
Gerry Bartlett
Bangs delivers another laugh out loud read. This latest addition to the Castle of Dark Dreams series is fun and sexy. Edge is a hero to die for. Enjoy!
Marina
Found this beauty at the library.I thought this series was finished.I really wanted more! Now I am thrilled to learn there is more.This is so exciting. I devoured the book of course. It was delicious. I can't wait to read the next one. Great characterization and awesome chemistry between characters. Loved loved the new characters and back stories. Never want this series to end!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Spoiler
Note to sel...more
Ellie
Brandie
The blackness surrounding his soul will make her mission more difficult.

As an Angel, Passion is charged with redirecting misguided souls. But due to her antics in Heaven she is sent to earth as a human and can not return until her mission is complete.

At the Castle of Dark Dreams , she meets Edge, the Bringer of Death, posing as an evil demon. At once, Passion knows that he's unredeemable.

But that doesn't stop her from wanting to embrace the wickedness that shines in his amber eyes. Not good if...more
Crystal
Hmmm...it's been a while since I've read any from this series (mostly because the author had publisher issues so most everything was put on hold for a bit). But...I was under the impression that Edge was young. Apparently not. Apparently all the cosmic troublemakers are the same age.

So if I understand this correctly, there were opposites of each troublemaker created - opposites who were well, not prone to losing control. And... a fallen angel scooped them up. Still doesn't explain what the Big B...more
Audrianna
With every book I read in the series, I come to love the characters even more. Wicked Edge really added depth to the characters of the Castle of Dark Dreams and I'm eager to read more of Bangs' books and love those characters as well.
Coreen
Part of the castle of dark dreams series. Nina bangs provides the reader with an escapist book, that is paranormal, funny and unexpectedly romantic. I really enjoy Her style of writing, and this series. It follows a cosmic troublemaker Edge, who is a death demon, and Passion who is an angel sent to the castle of dark dreams to redeem the souls of the wicked, which this castle has plenty of. Edge finds himself in unchartered territory when he meets and falls for the angel sent to redeem him. Pass...more
Carisa
This was a good read (not as funny as I expected), with an original world building (not a complex one), cute romance, very simple writing. But I’m going to read the next book because I’m curious about what the author will do next with such a string of varied and eccentric paranormal characters.
HERO is a Warrior, a cosmic troublemaker in charge of death –ok, he only kills bad people-, very strong, doesn’t know where he comes from and is tired of his job. When a beautiful –and maybe angel- visits...more
Melody
Enjoyable read.

Perhaps a little too reminiscent of Acheron and his (or rather, Sherrilyn Kenyon's) Dark-Hunters in places, what with the emphasis on the "Big Boss" and his control over the Cosmic Troublemakers.

Still, I enjoyed the storyline and the characters and, even if the ultimate "twist" wasn't such a shocker (I mean, really!), I'll be continuing on with the series.
Heather
I thought I'd read all of this series then I found this one & Wicked Whispers. Can't wait to start the next one. You ROCK Nina!! :)
Cornelia
Edge is a cosmic troublemaker who deals in death. After Passion talked her fellow angels in her department into painting their cubicles lime green, she is sent to earth to live as a human for a still to be determined length of time as punishment and she's staying at the hotel Edge works at,The castle of Dark Dreams on Galveston Island. The characters are not all what they seem to be or say they are. This paranormal romance is well written and filled with magic, fantasy, adventure, passion and lo...more
JazzRizz
How I love to visit the Castle of Dark Dreams. Things are getting a bit ominous at the Castle in this book though, but I guess it would figure . . . since this book revolves around the cosmic troublemaker Death.

Edge and Passion are a great couple, and it was great to see Cinn & Dacian again. I missed a bit of the humor that this series usually has, but again . . . there's a whole lot of bad stuff fixing to happen throughout the book.

I'm looking forward to where the next book is going.
Deanna
I love the Castle of Dark Dreams and it's outrageous inhabitants. They are powerful, funny and sexy. Demon and angel. Death and life. A match made in heaven or hell? Where ever it was made, it is a great match. The only bad thing about this book was its cover. Not sexy. The model was not strong enough. His look was insipid. Change the cover!
Coral Marcum thomas
Once again an excellent book!
Christine
Totally ridiculous, but enjoyable enough. I had a number of giggle fits throughout, especially right at the beginning and after the hump. Better than 1/3 or 1/2 of the Sookie Stackhouse novels I've read. If I rated on plot alone, it would be only 2 stars, but I laughed so much it gets another!
Rexanna
I love Nina Bangs and this book is no exception. I am in awe of the beings she creates and the situations they end up in. She keeps me cheering for the hero and heroine to get together all through the book and satisfies my need in the end. I can't wait for her next book.
Ann  Lorz
Another hit by Nina Bangs. She does a great job of keeping you wanting more of her Castle of Dark Dreams. I'm so happy Edge finally got his happy ending. I also enjoyed the past characters that came out to visit.
Taylor
Somehow Nina Bangs manages to make me laugh with every single one of these books. They really are good in a goofy kind of way. I can't wait for the next one just so I can laugh... way too much.
Cindy
Nina can write some books!! Love this series
Can't wait for more books to be released! Nina has a great way with words and her imagination is over the top. If only she could write faster! *wink
Tina
I have loved every book in this series! As with the last book Wicked Fantasy, I finished this one in one sitting. I could'nt seem to put it down. Now I am impatiently waiting for Wicked Whispers.
Jen
Passion and Edge

Full review to come on Fiction Vixen Book Reviews
Sue
Great read, contained everything you expect Comedy, suspense, intrigue, romance a roller coaster ride
Amy
good story,last castle of dark dreams was better. as a whole this was a good read.
* Booksessed * Bec
enjoyed edges story, its the one I've been waiting for
Nikki
Always love reading about the Castle of Dark Dreams :)
Goge (BARRONS) le Moning Maniac,
Nina Bangs. Of course I have to read!
  • A Devil Named Desire (The Devil's Bargain #2)
  • Sentinels: Tiger Bound (Sentinels #4)
  • Master of Darkness (Mageverse, #9)
  • Wrong Side of Hell (League of Guardians, #0.5)
  • Eternal Captive (Mark of the Vampire, #3)
  • When Temptation Burns (The Shadow Keepers, #6)
  • Kiss of Surrender (Deadly Angels, #2)
  • Immortal Hope (The Curse of the Templars, #1)
  • Nightborn (Lords of the Darkyn, #1)
  • Shadow Rising (Dark Dynasties, #3)
  • Deadly is the Kiss (Grangers, #1)
  • Chaos Burning (Bound by Magick, #2)
  • Darkness Undone (Marked Souls, #4)
  • Obsidian Flame (Guardians of Ascension, #5)
  • Predatory (The Sentinels, #0.5, Immortal Guardians, #3.5)
  • Here Comes the Vampire (Dead End Dating, #6)
  • Lost and Found
  • The Covert Wolf (Phoenix Force, #1)
Talk about misspent youth. What did I do during those lazy summer days of childhood when I could’ve been honing my writing skills? Nothing. Okay, so I spent a lot of time dreaming I was a cowgirl with a trusty black stallion. Oh, and I read every Walter Farley horse novel. I was an only child so I relied on my imagination to supply the excitement in my life.

By high school, I’d decided to trade in...more
More about Nina Bangs...
Eternal Pleasure (Gods of the Night, #1) Wicked Nights (Castle of Dark Dreams, #1) Master of Ecstasy (Mackenzie Vampires, #1) Night Bites (Mackenzie Vampires, #2) Eternal Craving (Gods of the Night, #2)