Stranded with a Spy (Code Name: Danger #11)

Stranded with a Spy (Code Name: Danger #11)

3.21 of 5 stars 3.21  ·  rating details  ·  306 ratings  ·  31 reviews
"Escape from hell?""To" hell was more like it! When Mallory Dawes, suddenly infamous in the States, decided to take that vacation to France, her problems were just beginning: a lost passport. A car swept out to sea. Missing travelers' checks. And a mysterious, if intriguing, man who always seemed to turn up just when she was in trouble...

Cutter Smith--code name: Slash--was...more
Paperback, Silhouette Romantic Suspense #1483, 251 pages
Published October 1st 2007 by Siilhouette Books (first published January 1st 2007)

Dina
Finally! A Harlequin freebie I really enjoyed!

Tired of being stalked by the media after her sexual harassment lawsuit against her former employer has been dismissed for lack of evidence, Mallory decides a vacation in France is just what the doctor ordered. Unfortunately, unbeknown to her, someone puts a CD with highly classified information in her suitcase in an attempt to smuggle it outside the U.S. Airport security goes ballistic when they find the CD and OMEGA, a top secret government intelli...more
Fani
Nice spy romance. Interesting and likable heroes, a little adventure in the middle and the wonderful landscape of Normady in the background made an fine mix. Could be faster paced and with less info on politics/trade info, but I enjoyed it anyway.
Amanda
Book #65 of 2009

This was one of the books I downloaded forever ago to go along with my Kindle app for the iPhone. I pull them out when I'm looking to kill some time. Today was one of those days where I needed to kill some time. I had a Dr.'s appointment this morning and fully intended to tote along the book I'm currently reading. But I forgot it. Then, as I was leaving work for the appointment, I contemplated swinging by my house to pick it up, but it wasn't really on my way. I probably would ha...more
Kimberly
Angela
I'm sure there's a target audience for this book, but unfortunately, it wasn't me. Even for a free ebook.

The basic setup seemed interesting enough: Congressional aide Mallory Dawes has become infamous after levelling sexual harassment charges at her boss, and she's decided to flee her sudden infamy by taking a vacation to France. Problem is, she's been set up to get caught carrying secret information, and agent Cutter Smith has been assigned to track her and find out who she's taking the informa...more
adventurat
Ruby
This was a freebie downloaded from the Sony eBookstore, and once again I can see why. It could have been more entertaining if less time had been spent describing their luxurious French villa and the leading lady's borrowed wardrobe and more time on the suspense part. It feels a lot like the author spent so much time on everything else that when she hit page 300, she suddenly realized she had to wrap it all up.

Also, was it just me or does it seem highly improbable that a woman will sleep with a m...more
GoldenjoyBazyll
An interesting twist for a romance. The main character files a suit on her big wig employer for sexual harassmen and ends up a national target for ridicule. After the dust settles she leaves her job and flees to France where she finds herself in the middle of an even BIGGER storm. She is being followed by a special operative spy because they think she stole important information from her employer. Soon into the novel you discover the plot is a bit more tricky. FUN and very entertaining read!
Charmaine Ross
This is a well paced, neat little story. An easy read, easy entertainment. I just thought the ending was a little weak, though. The black moment came - and then - nothing. It was all explained as a flashback in the next chapter! the hero was fighting his demons, and then, that was it. We didn't hear from him again. We heard about it from other characters comments. Also - a lot of time spent in a secondary story with the secondary characters. But over all, a nice read.
Jodi Lynn
I really wanted to like this book, as I want to like them all. But I had a real struggle to get into the story. The pacing seemed very slow. The characters overall were interesting and the storyline was strong. I could see myself loving this story in screen adaption. However, there was so much information needed to be conveyed through dialogue that it made for a slow read and I kept finding myself skipping ahead to find a passage of interest.
Calisa
Merline Lovelace has done it again! I loved the unexpected scenario that puts the heroine with the hero for the length of the story. I realize it was his mission- but nature couldn't have helped him any better if he'd asked! I enjoyed this peek into an Italian countryside, especially since I'll never get there myself. Vivid descriptions make this book an exciting read.
Andrea
Another free book from amazon.com for the kindle iphone application. I just read this one because I didn't have anything else to read and was feeling desperate. It wasn't terrible but it was just okay. It would have been better with more plot development and less sex....but then if that's what I wanted I guess I shouldn't have downloaded a romance.
ElaineY
I've loved every Omega book I've read. They're fun and fast-paced. This one isn't any different and I realized, as I read the first page, that I'd already read this one. I remember now that it was this book that made me say to myself I couldn't wait for Gillian's story. Well, it's out and arriving day after tomorrow.
Elf_owl
I'm not much of a fan of Harlequin romances but decided to try this one since it was free. It was a quick read and was much easier to read than Twilight, a romance novel that I cannot stomach. The heroine wasn't too dumb, and the plot wasn't too unbelievable. I'd say go for it if you like romance novels.
Tanzima
Sheila
Spies, France, and politics. Awesome. :) Massive brownie points added for a heroine who three separate times wades in swinging rather than waiting to be saved. (A couple subtracted for fuzzy Congressional details, but that's just me being picky.)
Beth
Well...while the basic plot was interesting, far too much time was spent on minor characters and unnecessary details, leaving almost no room to develop the romance. The ending was also rushed, leaving the reader unsatisfied.
Congetta
It was a free book from Harlequin. Haven't read one in 20 years. Now they are writing them in other genres. Not bad. Loved the location (France) as it was based in a place that I have been dying to visit-Mont St. Michel.
Gamatst
I really enjoyed this book, especially getting an author I know I like for free as a Kindle book. I'm a fan of several Merline Lovelace's military romances and this book fir right in with that style.
Livia
Loved Mallory and Cutter and the interesting relationship developing between secondary characters Mike Callahan and the Ridgeways' daughter. The mystery in this story was extremely entertaining.
Sherry
An extremely well done romantic/suspense, despite the title, (which I think is a little hokey), Merlin Lovelace has always been a name I look for when going through books.
Sara
Free download on Kobo. Interesting plot line and an easy read for your spare time.
Brenda
Oct 02, 2009 Brenda added it
I reading this in between some "heavier" books just for a break.
Elaine
Suspense and love all rolled into one book, very nice.
Kara
So dumb it kills brain cells reading it....ugh.
Jen
For a free download this wasn't bad.
Lillie
Danger, conflict, and romance.
Deedee
A freebie I downloaded. It was ok.
Marion
quick, easy to read romance.
actvmom
GREAT book!
  • Snowbound
  • Crime Scene At Cardwell Ranch (Cardwell Ranch #1)
  • Price of Passion
  • Once A Cowboy (The Cowboys, #3)
  • Dancing In The Moonlight (Cowboys of Cold Creek, #2)
  • The Bride's Baby
  • Speed Dating (Harlequin NASCAR, #2)
  • His Lady Mistress
  • A Very Special Delivery
  • Baby Bonanza
  • Hide in Plain Sight (The Three Sisters Inn, #1)
  • Homespun Bride (The McKaslin Clan Historical #2)
  • The Brass Bed (Jewel Heiss #1)
  • Operation Sheba (Super Agent, #1)
  • The Marquis (Gypsy Legacy, #1)
  • Icy Heat (Heat Series)
  • Kiss Me Deadly (Bewitch the Dark #2)
  • Triple Exposure
After a 23-year AF career, Colonel Merline Lovelace launched a second career as a writer, basing many of her tales on her own experiences in uniform and on her travels all around the globe.

The USA Today best-selling author now has more than 11 million copies of her books in print. Her works have won numerous awards, including the Romance Writers of America's prestigious RITA. Merline is especially...more
More about Merline Lovelace...
Christmas with a Vampire All the Wrong Moves (Samantha Spade #1) Holiday with a Vampire II The Paternity Promise (Dalton Twins #2) The First Mistake (Cleo North #1)