Start by marking “Stranded with a Spy (Code Name: Danger #11)” as Want to Read:
Stranded with a Spy (Code Name: Danger #11)

Stranded with a Spy (Code Name: Danger #11)

Escape from hell?To hell was more like it! When Mallory Dawes, suddenly infamous in the States, decided to take that vacation to France, her problems were just beginning: a lost passport. A car swept out to sea. Missing travelers' checks. And a mysterious, if intriguing, man who always seemed to turn up just when she was in trouble...Cutter Smith--code name: Slash--was tol ...more
Paperback, Silhouette Romantic Suspense #1483, 251 pages
Published October 1st 2007 by Siilhouette Books (first published January 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Stranded with a Spy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stranded with a Spy

Shadow of a Doubt by Tiffany SnowIn His Shadow by Tiffany SnowKiss Me While I Sleep by Linda HowardThe Spy Who Loved Me by Ian FlemingDead Man's Curve by Paula Graves
The Spy Who Loved Me
20th out of 23 books — 5 voters
Faking It by Leah Marie BrownThe Chocolate Thief by Laura FlorandOne Evening in Paris by Nicolas BarreauThe Wedding Favor by Cara ConnellyThe Chocolate Temptation by Laura Florand
Contemporary Romance Novels Set in France
81st out of 90 books — 20 voters

More lists with this book...

Dina
Finally! A Harlequin freebie I really enjoyed!

Tired of being stalked by the media after her sexual harassment lawsuit against her former employer has been dismissed for lack of evidence, Mallory decides a vacation in France is just what the doctor ordered. Unfortunately, unbeknown to her, someone puts a CD with highly classified information in her suitcase in an attempt to smuggle it outside the U.S. Airport security goes ballistic when they find the CD and OMEGA, a top secret government intelli
Angela
Oct 10, 2009 Angela rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance, ebooks
I'm sure there's a target audience for this book, but unfortunately, it wasn't me. Even for a free ebook.

The basic setup seemed interesting enough: Congressional aide Mallory Dawes has become infamous after levelling sexual harassment charges at her boss, and she's decided to flee her sudden infamy by taking a vacation to France. Problem is, she's been set up to get caught carrying secret information, and agent Cutter Smith has been assigned to track her and find out who she's taking the informa
Ruby
Oct 24, 2009 Ruby rated it it was ok
This was a freebie downloaded from the Sony eBookstore, and once again I can see why. It could have been more entertaining if less time had been spent describing their luxurious French villa and the leading lady's borrowed wardrobe and more time on the suspense part. It feels a lot like the author spent so much time on everything else that when she hit page 300, she suddenly realized she had to wrap it all up.

Also, was it just me or does it seem highly improbable that a woman will sleep with a m
Tony Yeafoli
Jan 08, 2015 Tony Yeafoli rated it liked it
Shelves: meh
First off, I read this book on purpose. I was legitimately surprised, though. I figured it would just be 130 pages of heaving bosoms, perfectly chiseled abs, outrageous scenarios, and convenient plot points. Instead I found that it was 190 pages of heaving bosoms, perfectly chiseled abs, outrageous scenarios, and convenient plot points.

I'm not saying it was bad, though. It was fluff. It was like literary whipped cream. It was light, sweet, and not a good source of protein. Despite that, I can se
Fani
Nice spy romance. Interesting and likable heroes, a little adventure in the middle and the wonderful landscape of Normady in the background made an fine mix. Could be faster paced and with less info on politics/trade info, but I enjoyed it anyway.
Theresa
Jan 01, 2016 Theresa rated it it was ok
When considering this book you must take account the fact that it's 300 pages. It's a short, quick, to-the-point but interesting read; if you're looking for something easy and interesting without too much thought required then this fits the bill. The romance is cute, but of course kind of hustled along quickly, since the book's so short, and the bad guys are wrapped up really quickly--we don't even get to "see" the arrest happen, the character just tells us about it. Overall, an easy and uncompl ...more
Amanda
Aug 27, 2009 Amanda rated it it was ok
Shelves: guilty-pleasures
Book #65 of 2009

This was one of the books I downloaded forever ago to go along with my Kindle app for the iPhone. I pull them out when I'm looking to kill some time. Today was one of those days where I needed to kill some time. I had a Dr.'s appointment this morning and fully intended to tote along the book I'm currently reading. But I forgot it. Then, as I was leaving work for the appointment, I contemplated swinging by my house to pick it up, but it wasn't really on my way. I probably would ha
Kimberly
May 26, 2010 Kimberly rated it it was amazing
Wendy
May 27, 2010 Wendy rated it really liked it
Kem
Nov 06, 2014 Kem rated it liked it
A fun read. It could have had more danger and save the girl parts.
Lilanthi
Jul 17, 2016 Lilanthi rated it liked it
Enjoyed a good light read, combining the most interesting ingredients of espionage and romance on my Nook!
GoldenjoyBazyll
Sep 18, 2009 GoldenjoyBazyll rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
An interesting twist for a romance. The main character files a suit on her big wig employer for sexual harassmen and ends up a national target for ridicule. After the dust settles she leaves her job and flees to France where she finds herself in the middle of an even BIGGER storm. She is being followed by a special operative spy because they think she stole important information from her employer. Soon into the novel you discover the plot is a bit more tricky. FUN and very entertaining read!
Charmaine Ross
May 09, 2013 Charmaine Ross rated it liked it
This is a well paced, neat little story. An easy read, easy entertainment. I just thought the ending was a little weak, though. The black moment came - and then - nothing. It was all explained as a flashback in the next chapter! the hero was fighting his demons, and then, that was it. We didn't hear from him again. We heard about it from other characters comments. Also - a lot of time spent in a secondary story with the secondary characters. But over all, a nice read.
Jodi Lynn
Apr 25, 2008 Jodi Lynn rated it liked it
I really wanted to like this book, as I want to like them all. But I had a real struggle to get into the story. The pacing seemed very slow. The characters overall were interesting and the storyline was strong. I could see myself loving this story in screen adaption. However, there was so much information needed to be conveyed through dialogue that it made for a slow read and I kept finding myself skipping ahead to find a passage of interest.
Calisa
May 29, 2011 Calisa rated it really liked it
Merline Lovelace has done it again! I loved the unexpected scenario that puts the heroine with the hero for the length of the story. I realize it was his mission- but nature couldn't have helped him any better if he'd asked! I enjoyed this peek into an Italian countryside, especially since I'll never get there myself. Vivid descriptions make this book an exciting read.
Andrea
Oct 31, 2009 Andrea rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-romance
Another free book from amazon.com for the kindle iphone application. I just read this one because I didn't have anything else to read and was feeling desperate. It wasn't terrible but it was just okay. It would have been better with more plot development and less sex....but then if that's what I wanted I guess I shouldn't have downloaded a romance.
ElaineY
Nov 03, 2008 ElaineY rated it really liked it
I've loved every Omega book I've read. They're fun and fast-paced. This one isn't any different and I realized, as I read the first page, that I'd already read this one. I remember now that it was this book that made me say to myself I couldn't wait for Gillian's story. Well, it's out and arriving day after tomorrow.
Elf_owl
Sep 30, 2010 Elf_owl rated it liked it
Shelves: ebook, free, fiction
I'm not much of a fan of Harlequin romances but decided to try this one since it was free. It was a quick read and was much easier to read than Twilight, a romance novel that I cannot stomach. The heroine wasn't too dumb, and the plot wasn't too unbelievable. I'd say go for it if you like romance novels.
T
Jul 07, 2011 T rated it it was ok
Sheila
Jan 31, 2009 Sheila rated it liked it
Spies, France, and politics. Awesome. :) Massive brownie points added for a heroine who three separate times wades in swinging rather than waiting to be saved. (A couple subtracted for fuzzy Congressional details, but that's just me being picky.)
Beth
Apr 28, 2010 Beth rated it it was ok
Shelves: for-fun
Well...while the basic plot was interesting, far too much time was spent on minor characters and unnecessary details, leaving almost no room to develop the romance. The ending was also rushed, leaving the reader unsatisfied.
Congetta
It was a free book from Harlequin. Haven't read one in 20 years. Now they are writing them in other genres. Not bad. Loved the location (France) as it was based in a place that I have been dying to visit-Mont St. Michel.
Gamatst
I really enjoyed this book, especially getting an author I know I like for free as a Kindle book. I'm a fan of several Merline Lovelace's military romances and this book fir right in with that style.
Livia
Feb 19, 2012 Livia rated it it was amazing
Loved Mallory and Cutter and the interesting relationship developing between secondary characters Mike Callahan and the Ridgeways' daughter. The mystery in this story was extremely entertaining.
Sherry
Jul 01, 2008 Sherry rated it liked it
An extremely well done romantic/suspense, despite the title, (which I think is a little hokey), Merlin Lovelace has always been a name I look for when going through books.
Sara
Jan 26, 2010 Sara rated it it was ok
Free download on Kobo. Interesting plot line and an easy read for your spare time.
Brenda
Oct 02, 2009 Brenda added it
I reading this in between some "heavier" books just for a break.
Elaine
Mar 17, 2010 Elaine rated it liked it
Suspense and love all rolled into one book, very nice.
Kara
May 23, 2012 Kara rated it did not like it
So dumb it kills brain cells reading it....ugh.
Jen
Jan 01, 2012 Jen rated it liked it
Shelves: read-erotica
For a free download this wasn't bad.
  • Snowbound
  • Once a Cowboy (The Cowboys, #3)
  • Crime Scene At Cardwell Ranch (Cardwell Ranch #1)
  • Dancing In The Moonlight (Cowboys of Cold Creek, #2)
  • Price of Passion
  • The Bride's Baby
  • His Lady Mistress
  • Speed Dating
  • A Very Special Delivery
  • Kiss Me Deadly (Bewitch the Dark #2)
  • The Marquis (Gypsy Legacy, #1)
  • Teaming Up (Harlequin NASCAR, #26)
  • Baby Bonanza (Billionaires and Babies, #2)
  • Bedded And Wedded For Revenge (Modern Romance)
  • The Brass Bed (Jewel Heiss #1)
  • Par for the Course
  • The Twelve Lies of Christmas (Sophie Green Mystery, #0.5)
  • Homespun Bride (The McKaslin Clan Historical #2)
After a 23-year AF career, Colonel Merline Lovelace launched a second career as a writer, basing many of her tales on her own experiences in uniform and on her travels all around the globe.

The USA Today best-selling author now has more than 11 million copies of her books in print. Her works have won numerous awards, including the Romance Writers of America's prestigious RITA. Merline is especially
More about Merline Lovelace...

Code Name: Danger (1 - 10 of 18 books)
  • Night of the Jaguar (Code Name: Danger #1)
  • The Cowboy and the Cossack (Code Name: Danger #2)
  • Undercover Man (Code Name: Danger #3)
  • Perfect Double (Code Name: Danger #4)
  • Hot as Ice (Code Name: Danger #5)
  • Texas Hero (Code Name: Danger #6)
  • To Love a Thief (Code Name: Danger #7)
  • Diamonds Can Be Deadly (Code Name: Danger #8)
  • Devlin and the Deep Blue Sea (Code Name: Danger #9)
  • Closer Encounters (Code Name: Danger #10)