Start by marking “Girl in the Bedouin Tent” as Want to Read:
Girl in the Bedouin Tent

Girl in the Bedouin Tent (Sinful Desert Nights #2)

3.87 of 5 stars 3.87  ·  rating details  ·  185 ratings  ·  35 reviews
Sheikh Prince Amir has vowed to redeem his scandalous family name—so the last thing he needs on a tour of his desert kingdom is to have a sensuous blonde with more spirit than clothes presented for his harem.Fiery Cassie might have been kidnapped by bandits and dolled up as the Sheikh's love slave, but she refuses to be any man's plaything. Yet spending a week in Amir's de ...more
Published March 6th 2012 by Harlequin (first published 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Girl in the Bedouin Tent, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Girl in the Bedouin Tent

Stacia (the 2010 club)
Clarissa Stacia Explains it All.

Yes, I am dating myself with that reference.

As I was reading GitBT, I found myself changing the meaning of scenes in order to entertain myself. Entire passages of dialogue and bland scenes were spiced up in my head as I made the Sheikh more of a jackass and the woman less intriguing than she was supposed to be.

Here's the book as I saw it :

The book states - Amir had his pick of gorgeous women on six contents. He chose his own bed partners.

Translation - Amir knew
Boogenhagen
Booklover
This was a good read,Amir-Cassie both have suffered in the past cause of their parents,carrying the past baggage these two become good individuals and when they meet there's no instant attraction but Amir is taken by Cassie's courage to fight and way she fought,then these spent days together the attraction gets stronger and they give in soon their affair starts,Cassie accepts her love for Love but Amir wants to stay in denial saying its only lust and side by side he is planning his marriage to a ...more
Danielle
Susanna Carr
While traveling through the desert, Cassie is abducted by bandits, chained and beaten, and given as a sex slave to a sheikh. Amir, the sheikh, doesn't want this "gift" and instead wants to punish the men who hurt her. However, he's working on delicate political negotiations with his host and he must keep Cassie with him during his visit.

Amir promises Cassie that he won't bed her and she's safe with him. He knows she'd been through a traumatic experience and keeps his attraction under control. B
Nas Dean
GIRL IN A BEDOUIN TENT by Annie West is a Harlequin Mills & Boon Modern(UK), Presents(NA) and Sexy(Aust/NZ) release.

Prince Amir, Sheikh of Tarakhar, prided himself on his developed and law-abiding desert Kingdom. Imagine his surprise when he is presented with a sex-slave who was kidnapped from his kingdom by the neighbouring bandit chief. He is livid with anger. He saves Australian volunteer teacher Cassandra Denison, after a week of Cassie pretending to be his mistress at the bandit camp.

A
RLA
The heroine Cassie and the hero Amir meet when she is presented to him as a 'favour' during his negotiations with a tribal leader in his country. Cassie is terrified what will happen to her, and attempts to attack Amir in order to try and escape. But she is no match for him and once Amir is able to calm and reassure Cassie that he will not hurt her he learns that she was kidnapped by the tribe when the bus she was travelling on broke down in the desert. Amir promises to protect her, especially a ...more
Leona
I do really love Annie West, especially her Sheikh romances. This was a great read with a truly feisty heroine and the chemistry between them just sizzled. My only regret is that the end was a little too easily resolved. The hero did some very cruel and unforgivable things to the heroine. Though he wasn't verbally abusive or demeaning to her like other alpha heros, his actions were just as bad.

It just felt like they needed more time to repair the relationship (with a little more groveling) for
Bridie Coleman
Really enjoyed this book. Very feisty female character and blends so well with the male character. Great chemistry and emotional. All round good read.
Aurian Booklover
Cassie is an Australian actress, but she wants something more than that. So when she sees an advertisement for English teachers wanted in Tarakhar, a small but wealthy Arabic country, she applies for the position, and is accepted. Unfortunately, while travelling to the remote town where she will be teaching, the bus breaks down. All the other passengers live nearby and leave on foot, leaving her alone with the driver when bandits attack and kidnap her. She is terrified! So when she is given as a ...more
Jacqueline
My 100th HP of the year, completing my HP challenge.

I like this one much better than I expected. I usually have a hard time with the made up Middle Eastern countries and their European seeming sheikhs. I had a couple of flashes here of the hero not seeming realistically Middle Eastern but I just tried to ignore it and enjoy the story.

This story shone in character development. The heroine was realistic in her fear when she was abducted and the hero was wonderful in his gentlemanly reactions to t
Inara Scott
So it's a sheik book. If you aren't already a sheik-book-reader, just be prepared. To enjoy this, you'll have to put aside all sorts of doubts and disbelief and surrender to the fantasy. If you can do that, you'll find great writing, a sweet love story, and a surprisingly strong, realistic heroine. A fabulous read by Annie West, one of my favorite category writers.
Kate
Overall rating - 3.5 stars

The hero acted honorably after being "gifted" the heroine by a local adversary; however, I had a problem with the hero's (view spoiler).
Angela James
The thing I liked most about this book was the "black moment". Not that it's a unique moment, but the author wrote some very compelling emotions on both parts, and I appreciate that. Sometimes the black moments in categories are kind of weak, but I thought this one had some nice emotional intensity.
Susan (susayq ~)
This was a pretty good way to spend an evening if you like Sheikh books or books with a kidnapped heroine. I'm a little disappointed we didn't get to see what the penance was for the guy who kidnapped Cassie. That was totally brushed under the rug.
Efthalia Pegios
This was my first Annie West and what a way to start with this gorgeous bite of a read. Desert heat, a Shiekh to die for and a tempting heroine make this a combustable read.
Karen

Not your average damsel in distress! Sheikh Prince Amir has vowed to redeem his scandalous family name – so the last thing he needs on a tour of his desert kingdom is to have a sensuous blonde with more spirit than clothes presented for his harem. Fiery Cassie might have been kidnapped by bandits and dolled up as the Sheikh’s love-slave, but she refuses to be any man’s plaything. Yet spending a week in Amir’s desert tent pretending to be his mistress would get under any girl’s skin. Especially w

Helen
Annie has done it again written a fantastic story that I just fell into two people that had to overcome their past and they did it together so well
Loved it
Joanne
I really enjoyed this book. I liked the plot and the characters. Annie writes fab sheik stories and this is one of her best - IMHO :)
Megan
Cassandra doesn't have any fond memories regarding most men. And they escalate when after her tour bus breaks down within the borders of Trakhar, and is kidnapped by the neighboring country. After she is taken she gets scrubbed down and changed into a skimpy outfit and is presented to the Sheikh of Trakhar, Amir...
When he hears the jingle of bells coming from behind him he is prepared for the attack and manages not to hurt her and only manages to only get a nick. At first he thought it was an
Amy Denim
Admittedly I don't really go in for Sheikh stories, but thought I'd try one.
I didn't really buy the heroine in this story. I liked the hero though. I thought the author's creative middle Eastern country name and ruling family were creative.
I think the author could have condensed the first half of the book when the heroine was stuck in the tent into a chapter, because after they arrived back at Amir's palace the story got better. I find usually the first half of the book is really rocking and ro
Bukola
The first Hero I fell in love with Amir from the beginning., Such a gentleman.
Great chemistry between the H and h .. I read this book under 5hrs! Great read!! Love it
Modesty_b
couldn't keep me interested... and after the first half I skimmed over to the ending...
Diane
i really like, for the most part, a well-written sheikh-themed book--don't shoot me, i know it's fiction and escapism, but there you are! the heroine is terribly naive, considering her past life and occupation now as an actress, and the hero is rather chauvinistic, which seems to be a given for these sheikh-types, but i still enjoyed it.
Jennie -  Webbweaver Reviews
This is my first Annie West book and I must say I really enjoyed it. I was a bit shocked to discover that the heroine was chained to the bed (not by the hero, of course) but still... The story progresses nicely, the chemistry between them is great and the hero finally comes to his senses. A quick and very enjoyable read.
Jenny
A great read! Amir was charming and sophisticated, a true Sheikh. Cassie was an actress, a lonely girl with a tortured past. I really felt I could relate to her. And the ending was so full of emotion and so heartwarming!
Tanya Mayes
Love this book. Love Amir and Cassie. She was given to him as a sex slave but finding out what happen to her he became very protective of her. From there love starts to grow. Good read!!
Lenore Kosinski
Thoroughly enjoyable!! Great chemistry...intriguing plot devices...good characters with motivations that I could get behind.
Laura YA indie princess
I really enjoyed this mills & boon book. I will defo be looking to read more books by Annie West.
Victoria Parker
Great offering from Annie West. The unique opening will stay with me always. Loved it!
  • Hajar's Hidden Legacy
  • The Tarnished Jewel of Jazaar
  • Strangers in the Desert (The Al Dhakir Brothers #1)
  • The Sultan's Choice
  • Sheikh Without a Heart
  • The Sheikh's Virgin Princess
  • The Sheikh's Chosen Queen (Desert Kings, #1)
  • The Desert King  (Throne of Judar #3)
  • Sheikh with Benefits
  • Innocent in the Sheikh's Harem (Armstrong Sisters #1)
  • The Sheikh's Innocent Bride (Harlequin Presents, #2511)
  • Hired: The Sheikh's Secretary Mistress (Royal Brides, #8)
  • The Sheikh's Forbidden Virgin (The Royal House of Karedes #4)

USA Today Bestselling author Annie West loves writing passionate, intense love stories. She has devoted her life to an in depth study of tall, dark, charismatic heroes who cause the best kind of trouble in the lives of their heroines. Creating heroines who are a perfect mat
More about Annie West...
The Desert King's Pregnant Bride (Unexpected Babies) (Harlequin Presents Extra, #50) Prince of Scandal Imprisoned by a Vow The Greek Tycoon's Unexpected Wife (In the Greek Tycoon's Bed) (Harlequin Presents Extra, #6) Blackmailed Bride, Inexperienced Wife (Innocent Wives #3)