Start by marking “The One That Got Away” as Want to Read:
The One That Got Away

The One That Got Away

For Jillan love was not a game

Her father's illness forced Jillian Howard to skipper his fishing charter for Taylor Marshall, a popular American sportsman. To overcome Taylor's doubts about the charter, Jillian used her feminine charms. But his response took her far out of her depth.

Jillian proved her expertise by maneuvering the Dreamcatcher around the Great Barrier Reef a
Mass Market Paperback, Harlequin Presents #1033
Published November 1987 by Harlequin Presents (first published February 1st 1987)

To ask other readers questions about The One That Got Away, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The One That Got Away

Bond of Hatred by Lynne GrahamThe Spanish Groom by Lynne GrahamThe Ultimate Betrayal by Michelle ReidThe Price of a Bride by Michelle ReidGold Ring of Betrayal by Michelle Reid
Best Harlequin Presents Novels
260th out of 405 books — 404 voters
The Spanish Groom by Lynne GrahamBond of Hatred by Lynne GrahamGold Ring of Betrayal by Michelle ReidThe Trophy Husband by Lynne GrahamTempestuous Reunion by Lynne Graham
My Fave Harlequins
204th out of 609 books — 166 voters

More lists with this book...

boogenhagen
Saly
Decent book, kind of enjoyable. The hero is a football star and a movie star and he comes along with his people for some fishing on the heroine's father boat but her father is laid up so the heroine has to take charge and she fears financial backlash, so she tries to get the hero warmed up to her by dressing sexily but that backfires when she almost does the deed with him and then tricks him to run away with his pants down literally. She is angry at herself for her behaviour and thinks she has ...more
April Brookshire
Mar 04, 2015 April Brookshire rated it liked it
Shelves: harlequin
Solid vintage Harlequin

Romance during a big game fishing trip was actually an interesting plot.

It started off really good.

The hero never really took off for me, he seemed alternately like an jerk and a gentleman.

I usually like my hero to be the one to do the chasing.

Still, an interesting read and I would've liked to know what happened with the H and h after she moved to the US to be with him.
Maura
Alpha Fangirl
May 16, 2015 Alpha Fangirl rated it liked it

Interesting plot, different from other vintage HPs.

Caro
Jan 23, 2013 Caro rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: h-mnb-s
This book was good. I liked the characters and the emotions. This was written well and pulled me in a little with feelings and excitement. I was smiling at the end. Great HEA. I learned a lot about fishing that I never imagined too. I would read this again but more for passing time or for something to read. Enjoy.
Marimarime
Aug 31, 2012 Marimarime rated it it was amazing
loved this read... book has actual backstory and action,and a heroine really has some skills and ability and works hard to save daddy's business (it's not described in a book how she's hardworking and worthy but all we read is about spa and clothes,this one sails a fishing boat)
Jan
Aug 14, 2011 Jan rated it really liked it
Good story. Great heroine, who tries the bimbo tactic thanks to colliding circumstances, but gets more than she wanted, and ultimately gets better results once she just is herself.

Really liked the setting, and both the heroine and hero were very likeable.
Angelie
Aug 20, 2014 Angelie rated it it was amazing
i love it. it's the 3rd story that i have read in the "emma darcy collection" book that i have bought. it's really good :) i learned a lot about skippers. hehe :) i love the story of taylor and jillian. so awesome. lovely. romantic :)
Ifrah
Mar 01, 2012 Ifrah rated it it was amazing
Really, really hot! Things worked at a very fast pace so you were easily absorbed into the book. I love the story as it just was a good read. The ending was quite satisfying too.
Purist
Purist rated it liked it
Dec 14, 2012
LLCSpokane
LLCSpokane rated it really liked it
Sep 14, 2016
Avid
Avid rated it liked it
Jun 13, 2015
Cy
Cy rated it liked it
Jan 28, 2013
Miracle
Miracle rated it it was amazing
Aug 17, 2015
Erin
Erin rated it it was ok
Jun 12, 2013
Arabellavidal
Arabellavidal rated it it was ok
Sep 16, 2013
Diane
Diane rated it liked it
May 19, 2011
Khothy
Khothy rated it liked it
Sep 25, 2014
Sandra Cook
Sandra Cook rated it it was amazing
Aug 29, 2016
Anne
Anne rated it liked it
Apr 21, 2013
MissKitty
MissKitty rated it liked it
Sep 21, 2014
jenny
jenny rated it really liked it
Nov 16, 2011
Chennie Grace
Chennie Grace rated it it was amazing
Feb 26, 2013
Rhettmeg
Rhettmeg rated it liked it
Sep 20, 2012
Melanie♥
Melanie♥ rated it really liked it
Apr 30, 2015
Iszy
Iszy rated it liked it
Aug 12, 2014
Josephine
Josephine rated it it was amazing
Aug 04, 2011
Emma Darcy's life journey has taken as many twists and turns as the characters in her stories, whose international popularity has resulted in over sixty-million book sales. Born in Australia and currently living in a beachside property on the central coast of New South Wales, she travels extensively to research settings and increase her experience of places and people.

Initially a French/English te