Start by marking “A Karma Girl Christmas (Bigtime, #3.5)” as Want to Read:
A Karma Girl Christmas (Bigtime, #3.5)

A Karma Girl Christmas (Bigtime #3.5)

3.63  ·  Rating Details  ·  377 Ratings  ·  29 Reviews
It's Christmas time in Bigtime, New York, but society reporter Carmen Cole isn't in the mood to celebrate since her husband, Sam, has to go on a business trip and might not make it home for the holiday. But Carmen has plenty to keep her busy, since she moonlights as Karma Girl, a member of the Fearless Five superhero team.

On Christmas Eve, Carmen, as Karma Girl, is assign
Nook, 91 pages
Published September 25th 2011 by Jennifer Estep (first published September 24th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about A Karma Girl Christmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Karma Girl Christmas

Kingdom of Heroes by Jay  PhillipsWatchmen by Alan MooreTrue Hero? by Jack HesseyEmily Dickinson, Superhero - Vol. 1 by Eric NixonBroken by Susan Jane Bigelow
Best Female Superheroes
19th out of 69 books — 56 voters
Crimson Frost by Jennifer EstepKarma Girl by Jennifer EstepWeb of Lies by Jennifer EstepHot Mama by Jennifer EstepSpider's Bite by Jennifer Estep
Best books by Jennifer Estep
7th out of 9 books — 3 voters

More lists with this book...

Jackie Uhrmacher
Dec 31, 2011 Jackie Uhrmacher rated it it was amazing
First of all, I’d like to give a big cyber-hug to Jennifer Estep for returning to Bigtime, even if only for a short period of time. I’m a huge fan and can never get enough of Carmen and her fellow superheroes. “A Karma Girl Christmas” is everything I’d expect from this light-hearted series: there’s romance, action, witty banter, and the bad guys get it in the end. Every time I pick up one of these books, I feel a little happier. They’re romantic crack, for sure, and I hope we get to see more of ...more
Stella
Dec 17, 2011 Stella rated it it was amazing
Shelves: paranormal, romance, 2011
You might recall my exuberant enthusiasm when I recently discovered Jennifer Estep's Bigtime series, so being the Christmas-fan that I am I was very much looking forward to this holiday novella of the series.

A Karma Girl Christmas is a bite size fun story. It is short, it is cute, and is very entertaining! All the characters from the previous books are back, and as the ubervillains never rest, the Fearless Five superheroes have taken it upon themselves to guard the Christmas toy donations for th
Carolyn (Book Chick City)
After reading and enjoying 'Karma Girl' I was really looking forward to meeting Carmen (aka Karma Girl) again and her gorgeous superhero boyfriend Striker. Unfortunately, considering this is meant to be a paranormal romance, there really isn't much romance. Striker hardly features at all, which was very disappointing, he's such a hotty.

Karma Girl, who is now one of Bigtime's Fearless Five superheroes, has been asked to look after a bunch of presents that are intended for children in need. Karma
Erik Dewey
Feb 06, 2014 Erik Dewey rated it really liked it
I really like the Bigtime universe and Estep does a great job of playing with the conventions of comic books without being too jokey. She keeps just the right amount of seriousness and light-heartedness.

This is a short story and pretty straightforward but still a lot of fun. I was able to slip back into the character of Karma Girl easily, even though it had been years since I read her previous exploits.

A good read and a must read if you liked any of Jennifer Estep's previous books.
Jenevieve
Jul 05, 2014 Jenevieve rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle-books
Check out all my reviews on My Blog

As the newest superhero member of the Fearless Five, Karma Girl has been selected to guard the Christmas toys and gifts that will be given out on Christmas morning to the needy children of Bigtime. Although an ubervillain has never before messed with these gifts, this year the Mintalator and Caveman Stan have decided they are tired of a being a D-list villains and are going to nab them and sell them on eBay to fund their retirement. Can Karma Girl possibly defe
Melissa
Dec 20, 2011 Melissa rated it it was amazing
Shelves: bigtime
This is a cute short novella within the Bigtime hero series. It takes place after Jinx but can be read as a stand-alone. I must say though I enjoyed it more after reading the series since I was already acquainted with the superhero/ubervillan people.

Karma girl takes center stage in this book. It's her job to protect the presents from any ubervillan looking to make a name for themselves as the most evil of all. I mean stealing from underprivileged kids is pretty evil. Hijinks ensue, ubervillians
Vickie
Dec 18, 2011 Vickie rated it really liked it
I have this series somewhere on Mt Git'r'Read and will definitely be on the lookout for it ASAP. This is a fun addition, or introduction for me, to the series.

There are superheroes and ubervillains and it's a campy tale. I liked the names of all of the characters and how they got the names, when Jennifer shared it.

Having a superhero guard the presents for the deserving kids who have little was looked at by Carmen/Karma Girl as a good cause, but wanted to know when she was going to be considered
Sally
Dec 09, 2011 Sally rated it liked it
Shelves: christmas, read-2011
Karma Girl is one of the Fearless Five superheroes in Bigtime, New York and is tasked on Christmas Eve with looking after presents that have been collected and to be handed out on Christmas Day to children who are in need. What should be a simple job turns out to be a bit tricky and needs the help of her comrades and other heroes to make sure the children are not left disappointed.

I haven't read the rest of the Bigtime series but as I'm reading Christmas themed stories this month I thought I wou
Keith Beasley-topliffe
This is a good example of an extra novella for a book series (it's listed as number 3.5). It's short with a straightforward plot focussing on one character over one night, yet managed to bring in all the other main characters from the series, mostly as cameo appearances. The author describes this as a Christmas present for fans. It was a nice one.
Trea
Mar 20, 2014 Trea rated it really liked it
Shelves: challenges-2014
This was actually a pretty cute short story set in the Bigtime universe. It showcased two of the lesser known "ubervillains" in the series and a plot to ruin Christmas. I liked the "shout out" to the Gin Blanco series that can be found as an Easter Egg in this book. My only disappointment was that this story only took up about 43% of the Kindle book, the rest of it was excerpts from the other books in the Bigtime series, leading up to the release of Nightingale. A feel good superhero Christmas r ...more
Lisa
Apr 29, 2014 Lisa rated it really liked it
Shelves: trashy-romance
For short read, loved it for Christmas time feel. Not as great as one of the full novels, but think of it as a fun quickie with Karma Girl!
Pam Chaffin
Feb 11, 2014 Pam Chaffin rated it really liked it
Christmas in Bigtime, and the Superheroes can't let the Ubervillains ruin the children's Christmas! A fun read!
tracey welch
Feb 19, 2014 tracey welch rated it really liked it
This was a cute short story involving Karma girl and two new ubervillians. Nice quick read.
Jessica Bryan
Feb 18, 2015 Jessica Bryan rated it it was amazing
Cute and quick little read.
Edie Ramer
It was good to be back in Bigtime, a city teeming with superheroes and ubervillains. Karma Girl was the first book in the Bigtime series, and reading this short story, I felt as if I'd reconnected with an old friend. It was fun and fast, but with depth and a great ending.

This is a must-read for fans of Estep's Bigtime books. For those who haven't read them, this story is a stand-alone and you won't have any trouble keeping up with the characters. I finished the story twenty minutes ago, and I'm
Emma Clement
Jun 11, 2014 Emma Clement rated it liked it
A cute little novella, but nothing special.
Kay_Vee
Sep 22, 2013 Kay_Vee rated it really liked it
More 4 than 3 stars, 3.5 stars

Fun little novella. After finishing Karma Girl I wasn't quite ready to leave Carmen yet so this was a nice extension from her POV. There is a decent story line and action sequences. There is enough there you could maybe pick it up as a standalone but reading Karma Girl's full book first would definitely make this a more enjoyable read.
Kristi
Nov 13, 2011 Kristi rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2011
This was my first taste of the Bigtime series, and I'm not inclined to sample any more of them. I just thought the story was lame, and there wasn't anything about the characters that grabbed me to read any further in the series. I did enjoy the shout out to the Pork Pit from the Elemental Assassin series, which is a favorite of mine.
Casey H
Feb 14, 2016 Casey H rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved it!
catherine james
Bought this 'cause I sorely miss Ms. Estep's Big Time series, but I didn't find this one terribly satisfying and would recommend it (with reservations) only to DIE HARD devotees.

(Doesn't count towards my goal of 200 books).
Brittany
Nov 13, 2012 Brittany rated it it was amazing
I loved it just as I love all of her books. Unfortunately this was a short story and short it was. I wanted more story but it was a "short story". Read it because it sets a nice timeline for Nightingale.
Victoria
It was nice to revisit Bigtime, in this fun, cheesy and entertaining short story. Who wouldn’t want to spend Christmas with superheroes and ubervillains :)
Amanda (The Literary Hoarders)
Jan 01, 2012 Amanda (The Literary Hoarders) rated it really liked it
It was a cute read but made me sad cause I want to read more like I know a story about Swifte would be funny and hot!
Robert 'Rev. Bob'
Nice story, but between the low page count and substantial recap content, it just felt a bit rushed.
liezels
Oct 18, 2011 liezels rated it it was amazing
Shelves: nook
Wish Ms Estep would pick up this series again. I mean come on, who wouldnt love a good superhero story.
Rachel- Goodbye Borders
Dec 14, 2011 Rachel- Goodbye Borders rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2011
It was nice to be in Bigtime again!
Sheila
Casey H
Oct 10, 2011 Casey H rated it really liked it
Loved it!
Charmian Cooper
Charmian Cooper marked it as to-read
Feb 12, 2016
  • Hexomancy (Ree Reyes, #3)
  • Entangled
  • Rifts (Grace Murphy, #2)
  • Soul Survivor (Lost Worlds, #1)
  • The Secret Guide to Dating Monsters (Secret McQueen, #0.5)
  • Armor of Roses and The Silver Voice
  • A Match Made in Hell (Nicki Styx, #2)
  • Taken by the Others (H&W Investigations, #2)
  • The Harvest (Signs of the Zodiac, #1.5)
  • The Peculiar Pets of Miss Pleasance (Blud, #1.6)
  • Carousel Sun (Archers Beach, #2)
  • Black Heart Loa (Hoodoo, #2)
  • Death Takes a Holiday (F.R.E.A.K.S. Squad Investigation, #3)
  • Originally Human (World of Lupi, #1.5)
  • Cat's Tale: A Fairy Tale Retold
  • Geek with the Cat Tattoo
  • Now and for Never (Never #3)
  • Phenomenal Girl 5 (Elite Hands of Justice, #1)
Jennifer Estep is a New York Times, USA Today, and international bestselling author, prowling the streets of her imagination in search of her next fantasy idea.

ELEMENTAL ASSASSIN SERIES
Jennifer writes the Elemental Assassin urban fantasy series.

The books focus on Gin Blanco, an assassin codenamed the Spider who can control the elements of Ice and Stone. When she’s not busy killing people and righ
More about Jennifer Estep...

Bigtime (5 books)
  • Karma Girl (Bigtime, #1)
  • Hot Mama (Bigtime, #2)
  • Jinx (Bigtime, #3)
  • Nightingale (Bigtime, #4)
  • Fandemic (Bigtime, #5)