Start by marking “Stalking the Others (H&W Investigations, #4)” as Want to Read:
Stalking the Others (H&W Investigations, #4)

Stalking the Others (H&W Investigations #4)

3.94 of 5 stars 3.94  ·  rating details  ·  839 ratings  ·  102 reviews
Once, she was one of the good guys–or as close as a New York P.I. can get. Then Shiarra Waynest was drawn into the world of the Others. Every faction has its own loyalties and agenda. And Shia’s recent betrayal by her ex-boyfriend means that she may be on the verge of becoming a rogue werewolf at the next full moon.

Of course, with all the threats against her, Shia’s not su
Paperback, 1st Edition, 352 pages
Published July 3rd 2012 by Kensington (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Stalking the Others, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stalking the Others

Lover Reborn by J.R. WardOnce Burned by Jeaniene FrostIced by Karen Marie MoningDeadlocked by Charlaine HarrisBiting Cold by Chloe Neill
Most Anticipated Books of 2012! {PNR, UF & PNYA}
175th out of 621 books — 1,785 voters
Cold Days by Jim ButcherThe Blinding Knife by Brent WeeksThe Name of the Wind by Patrick RothfussTricked by Kevin HearneA Perfect Blood by Kim Harrison
Adult Fantasy & Sci-Fi 2012
329th out of 420 books — 841 voters

More lists with this book...

Carmel (Rabid Reads)
Reviewed by: Rabid Reads.

After the dramatic exit Shia made in DECEIVED BY THE OTHERS, reading the next installment became my #1 priority, I only wish that I could fly through all series the way I’m guzzling H&W INVESTIGATIONS! The heroine turns into a lean, mean, killing machine in this book, and I just loved watching her serve up a can of Others whoopass. The blurb outs Chaz as a douchebag, so I’m psyched that I no longer have to curb my seething hatred in order to avoid spoilers on that fr
Shera (Book Whispers)
That's it! I can not in good conscious go on reading these books without stating that Shiarra is To Stupid To Live (AKA TSTL). From the first book I knew Shia was short a few brain cells, but I kept holding out. She had a lot of crazy stuff going on, and each book was a struggle. However, after having the leader of the White Hats, Royce (the vampire king of New York City), and so many other people say how clever, brave, and amazing she is I can't stand it any more. Over the course of these books ...more
Katie(babs)
Stalking the Others, book #4 in Jess Haines’ H&W Investigations is one book I’m recommending as a must read for the summer. I should disclose I’m friends with Jess and I was one of her beta readers for this book. I really didn’t know what to expect with this latest because Jess has taken her main protagonist on quite a journey that I liken to Alice in Wonderland. When this series began, Shiarra West was a NYC private investigator who had a pretty stable life with a good job, very supporting ...more
Blodeuedd Finland
I read the last line and went wtf..wtf..wtf!? Evil author alert. I sat up and shook my fist, ok so I did not shake my fist but I stared at bf for a while and trying to comprehend that the book had just ended. Now you all think cliffie, but it was not really a cliffie. All was good, sort of good for now, it was just what was going on and ..I truly want to spill the beans but you have to read for yourself to find out what made me crave book 5 more than chocolate, and I adore chocolate.

But that was
All Things Urban Fantasy
Review courtesy of All Things Urban Fantasy

STALKING THE OTHERS is the most action packed, adrenalin fueled book in the H&W Investigations series. It opens with a chase scene through the New York subways, rushes into a life or death brawl with a werewolf, and on and on until a different kind of action intensive ending….the one we’ve been waiting for since the first book.

Part of what I love so much about this series is the way Haines injects a subtle humor in her writing that keeps even the mo
Ferdy
Spoilers

Shia is terrified that she'll turn into an Other on the next full moon and is determined to seek revenge on those who have wronged her before she changes into a werewolf. Shia blames her ex boyfriend, Chaz, for all that's happened to her and is on a mission to hunt him and his pack down.

-The plot was slightly more interesting this time around — the first half was actually quite enjoyable when Shia got all crazy badass and finally took control of her life. I was pleased that she wanted to
Melliane
Mon avis en français

My English review

Since the end of the third novel, I only wanted one thing: to get into this one. Indeed, the last volume was full of turnarounds of any kinds. It was amazing, we found ourselves buffeted on all sides to finally question everything. But here it is, there are also a lot of consequences, and we can see them now in this novel.

Shia only think about one thing in this volume, her revenge against Chaz, and nothing, really nothing, could stop her in her new quest. But
Mara
If you want to read this book, I would suggest you avoid caffeine and other stimulants. The story is one chocked up on adrenaline and, like some action movie, the action simply does not stop until the very end. And then you drop your jaw, asking WTF?

Shiarra is literally drugged by her rage and desire for revenge and every line of the story drips with it.. I wasn't kidding when I wrote the no caffeine rule. You'll end jittery all the same.

The ending, what about the ending. Well, Shiarra, let's h
Marianne
Vampires, werewolves and mages have been wreaking havoc in Shiarra Waynest's life recently. Now it's time to return the favor. Meanwhile, the enigmatic vampire Royce wants her back in his clutches, as do two powerful werewolf packs, along with the police. Shia's recent betrayal by her ex-boyfriend means that she may be on the verge of becoming a rogue werewolf at the next full moon.

Instead of going into hiding to lick her wounds, Shiarra decides that if she's going down, she'll take out as many
Yolanda Sfetsos
Jen (Red Hot Books)
4.5 Stars
Well, I'll give you this. Jess Haines knows how to go for a big ending. Wow.

This installment of H&W Investigations picks up right where the last one left off. Shiarra is out for blood. Chaz and his pack nearly destroyed her in the last book. She is livid over his betrayal and terrified that she may be turning were. So she decides to take matters into her own hands and seek revenge.

Unfortunately, the Sunchasers don't make it easy for her. They go into hiding at the same time she know
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
Posted on Under the Covers

I’m sorry to say but this series as officially lost its appeal for me. I very much enjoyed the first two books in this series, but the third book was a DNF. I felt that Shiarra’s head was lost in the clouds while dire things were happening. She ignored several warnings that only resulted in more trouble. I don’t like it when an author creates drama or conflict at the expense of their character.

Fortunately, I was able to get through STALKING THE OTHERS but just didn’t ca
Tynga
Shia is now facing her worst nightmare after being possibly contaminated by a werewolf. She has until the next full moon to discover if she’ll turn furry and she won’t waste a minute. Uniting with the questionable White Hats, she will hunt down Chaz and his pack, looking for revenge.

Before I get on with my review, I just want to disclose that I am a cameo character in this novel, Cindy Bacon, a werewolf. It doesn’t influence my opinion as I have been a fan of the series since the first book, but
Stacy
**MINOR SPOILER ALERT**

STALKING THE OTHERS isn't my favorite of the series but was still a fantastic addition the series and great read with some nice development. Shiarra was not in a happy place for a good portion of the book. She is angry and wants revenge. Surprisingly it comes to light that the belt that has helped Shia out of many dangerous situations ends up being not so good for her or her psyche.

Why wasn't it my favorite of the series? Well, there was a lot of lead up for what I was hop
Jessica (a GREAT read)

I received this ARC from the author for review

Jess Haines' Stalking the Others was incredible!! And I have to say I love the new cover look! I think this makes a good Shiarra!

The book pretty much picks up where we left off, which is a bit fuzzy for me since I read it ages ago. Shiarra has been scratched by a Were. She is likely infected and has a month to find out. Time flies by fast too, as Shiarra is trying to track down Chaz and his pack. She wants retribution for what he did to her, Dillon t
Kristin  (MyBookishWays Reviews)
You may also read my review here: http://www.mybookishways.com/2012/06/...

The Sunstrikers must be taken down before the next full moon, and Shiarra Waynest is determined to do just that. Still unsure if she herself will go furry, she’s on a desperate hunt for the werewolves (and the ex-boyfriend, Chaz), that have quite possibly ruined her life, and those they turned without consent. Unfortunately, Shia has to ask for help from the most unlikely of allies, the White Hats, and hope she’s not makin
Amélie
After Shiarra’s decision to leave Royce at the end of the last book, she joins the White Hats in order to kill the werewolf responsible for her infection, her ex-boyfriend and everyone in her way.

I didn’t like this book much more than the last one (which I hated). Basically, Shiarra spends her time being angry and acting without thinking, aggressing and killing people without proof of their culpability and then angsting about her actions (which doesn’t prevent her from doing so again).

I didn’t l
Shelley aka Gizmo's Reviews
*Genre* Urban Fantasy
*Rating* 4.0

Early Review

STALKING THE OTHERS, by Jess Haines, is the fourth novel in the H&W Investigations series. The story pretty much picks up right where DECEIVED BY THE OTHERS left off. Private Investigator Shiarra Waynest has had it with the Others. Ever since she was dragged into the world of the Others kicking and screaming, her world has turned upside down.

Shia is tired of being pushed around and being used against her will by not only Chaz, but Alec as well. Wi
Claire
I have been waiting patiently for a year since the end of Deceived By The Others for Stalking The Others to be released so that I could find out what would happen with our heroine Shiarra Waynest. Would she turn furry at the next full moon and more importantly would she get it on with our handsome manipulative sexy genius vamp Alec Royce. So on 3 July as soon as I woke up I downloaded Stalking The Others to my Kindle and started reading immediately.

This book picks up straight away from where De
TheGeekyBlogger
Read for Review!
Overall Rating: 4.50
Story Rating: 4.25
Character Rating: 4.75

First thought when finished: I think I may be blushing just a wee little bit!

What I Loved: After feeling a bit frustrated last book with the whole "Chaz" situation I was glad to see that our girl Shi was handling it in her own way. By that, I mean she was kicking major *ss! It is hard to review this without giving away the good parts so here is what I will say: This was the best of the 4 books. It had parts that will mak
D
In the final pages of Deceived by the Others, we were left with an angry woman seeking revenge. Readers excited by this prospect will not be disappointed by Stalking the Others. With the help of a magic belt, Shiarra is on the warpath. Jess Haines expertly develops Shiarra's character. While readers watch her destroy those who have done her wrong, we also can see the effect it is having on her psyche, the destruction of her self.

This book is remarkably fast-paced for a novel with a good deal of
Kimberly
Françoise
Dernier tome, avant la sortie du tome 5 dont la date n'est pas encore annoncée. autant dire que ça va être très long.

Bref. Cet opus marque un tournant intéressant que j'ai hâte de découvrir pat la suite. Ici, Shiarra est plus déterminée que dans les tomes précédents, et j'apprécie cette évolution qui fait froid dans le dos.

Alors qu'elle s'est blessé par un lycanthrope, Shiarra est déterminée à se venger de ceux qui lui ont fait ça : la Meute de Chaz ! Réfugiée chez Royce, en qui elle semble f
Kat Klein
Okay, I think I've figured out with this book why I tend to prefer Weres over Vampires (with a few notable exceptions) in my UF and PNR. I like Alpha Males as much as any heterosexual woman, but there is a big difference between the two types of Alpha Males. There is a difference between Dominating and Manipulating. It also seems, for the most part, to be the biggest difference between Weres and Vamps.

I can't say I like Chaz much anymore in this series. In spite of the fact that he does seem to
Raquel
3.75/5 I was so happy from the last book, that I couldn't wait to get my hands on this. It was great to see Shiarra was finally standing on her own feet, and I was anticipating the can-of-whoop-ass Chaz deserved. Everything was going great until the end. Dubya Tee Eff. I feel as though Shiarra is now back in the one spot she's been avoiding! She can be so frustrating. Not sure where this is going to lead to, but I hope Shiarra finds her way out of the mess >.<
Darcy
I feel like for all of this book Shiarra was not herself. For the first 3/4 of the book she was just reacting. She never really seemed to have a solid plan, just wanted to get back at Chaz. He did deserve it, but at times Shiarra's actions were over the top. Then at the end of the book, the choice Shiarra made, really seemed out of character, and one that will have a big consequence to her future. We'll have to read the next book to see how things fall.
Johanna Panko
This one has been the best one of the all! I absolutely love it when Shia goes into ass kicking mode! She can kick butt like no other! PUN?....lol. Her and. Chaz finally go head to head, and when she's done, well it's time to find Royce. Battle lines are firmly drawn in this one, all I can say now is what's going to mess it up. I feel like cussing because this book was one bad mofo....I was so caught up. Then my family kept messing with me when I was at 97%. Overall this series is excellent. I l ...more
Kate
May 08, 2012 Kate rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2012
It's about F*&%ing time Woot! Woot!

More review to come soon!
(Tori-Smexybooks) smexys_sidekick
This series just gets better and better.
Miki
This Review was first published on my blog Lecture toute une Aventure

Avis:
L’histoire reprend ici juste où se terminait le précédent et mes craintes pour Shiarra se sont malencontreusement confirmées. Prise d’un terrible désir de se venger après la trahison de Chaz et la griffure de Dillon qui pourrait la changer à jamais, elle se lance à corps perdu dans une chasse qu’elle imagine sanguinaire aussi bien qu’ultime car elle n’a aucun désir de survivre à la transition pour devenir un membre de la
Free Book Giveaway: Jess Haines give away 1 5 Jun 25, 2012 06:51AM
  • Keeping Secret (Secret McQueen, #4)
  • Something to Curse About (Discord Jones #2)
  • The Isis Collar (Blood Singer, #4)
  • Tainted Night, Tainted Blood (Kat Redding, #2)
  • Hot Blooded (Jessica McClain, #2)
  • Deliverance (Mortal Path, #3)
  • Shadows Before the Sun (Charlie Madigan, #4)
  • The Shifting Price of Prey (Spellcrackers.com, #4)
  • Summoning the Night (Arcadia Bell, #2)
  • Shapeshifted (Edie Spence, #3)
  • Blood of Innocence (Sloane Skye, #2)
  • Wicked Circle (Persephone Alcmedi, #5)
  • Back from the Undead (The Bloodhound Files, #5)
  • Sweet Chaos (Kali Sweet, #2)
  • Black Howl (Black Wings, #3)
I'm a displaced New Yorker with a penchant for the silly, the obscure, and the fantastical. Los Angeles is home for the time being, since it consistently meets my daily quota of strange. I'm currently working on the H&W Investigations urban fantasy series. Find out more about Shiarra Waynest, drop me a line, or join my mailing list at www.jesshaines.com!
More about Jess Haines...

H&W Investigations (6 books)
  • Hunted by the Others (H&W Investigations, #1)
  • Taken by the Others (H&W Investigations, #2)
  • Deceived by the Others (H&W Investigations, #3)
  • Forsaken by the Others (H&W Investigations, #5)
  • Enslaved By the Others (H&W Investigations, #6)
Hunted by the Others (H&W Investigations, #1) Taken by the Others (H&W Investigations, #2) Deceived by the Others (H&W Investigations, #3) Forsaken by the Others (H&W Investigations, #5) Enslaved By the Others (H&W Investigations, #6)