Start by marking “Complete MBA for Dummies” as Want to Read:
Complete MBA for Dummies

Complete MBA for Dummies

3.47 of 5 stars 3.47  ·  rating details  ·  57 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Want to get an MBA? "The Complete" "MBA For Dummies, 2nd Edition, " is the practical, plain-English guide that covers all the basics of a top-notch MBA program, helping you to navigate today's most innovative business strategies. From management to entrepreneurship to strategic planning, you'll understand the hottest trends and get the latest techniques for motivating empl...more
Published February 9th 2011 by For Dummies (first published March 15th 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Complete MBA for Dummies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Complete MBA for Dummies

Jeffrey  Sylvester
This book is likely okay for anyone with little to no understanding of basic business ideas. Much of this book is devoted to the teaching of the common sense soft-skills of management and human resource practices to the detriment of a stronger introduction to basic accounting principles and finance considerations. The authors do, however, provide a brief overview of the latter that may help readers to explore any concepts they are interested in further.

Potentially most useful to me were the comm...more
Alex
After I finished the "Complete M.B.A. for Dummies," a thought came to me, "This author is full of shit."

To me, a first-time M.B.A. subject reader, this M.B.A. book is D.O.A. How did she write this uninspired and unmotivated book? Did she talk to people-on-the-street to prepare for this book? This book feel like a routine, missionary position business book that gets publish yearly with updated information. How boring this book this?

I would not recommend this book and this "PhD" author to anyone...more
Juan Miguel Gamotia
Jan 28, 2014 Juan Miguel Gamotia rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: students
Shelves: employment
The employees with MBA were especially difficult about technology, management, negotiation, economics, etc.
Thomas
A good review of the major topics covered in the course of studying for an MBA. I suspect it gets better as you work in business and re-read to find what you missed the first time.
Adam Bricker
This book was focused more toward Small Business owners than I had anticipated, but there was still useful information.
Kevin Mcmurphy
It's not a replacement for formal training, but it's a wonderful reference guide.
Youssef
I know it, but did not finish it
Kaeccleston
a great business read
Lori Stray
Lori Stray marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2014
Lisa Moorhead
Lisa Moorhead marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2014
Preethi
Preethi marked it as to-read
Jul 31, 2014
Rmariz
Rmariz added it
Jul 17, 2014
Leigh
Leigh marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2014
James
James marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2014
Hape
Hape marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2014
Qi
Qi added it
Jun 12, 2014
Melanie
Melanie marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2014
Helmy
Helmy added it
May 31, 2014
Michael
Michael marked it as to-read
May 27, 2014
Khawla Abdulaziz
Khawla Abdulaziz marked it as to-read
May 19, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Entrepreneurship for Dummies Entrepreneurship for Scientists and Engineers New Venture Creation Poetry as Seen Thru the Eyes of Kathleen in a Mormon Sort of Way Nina