Start by marking “Queen of Diamonds (Book Three of the House of Cards Trilogy)” as Want to Read:
Queen of Diamonds (Book Three of the House of Cards Trilogy)

Queen of Diamonds (House of Cards #3)

3.4 of 5 stars 3.40  ·  rating details  ·  108 ratings  ·  13 reviews
All of London knows the story of the vanished Lady Charlotte Endicott and the handsome reward that will accompany her safe return. Scores of blond-haired, blue-eyed impostors have tried their luck at Jack Endicott's casino claiming to be the girl, only to be turned away-but Queenie Dennis just might be the one.

Fate takes a turn when she returns to London posing as a dressm...more
Published July 18th 2011 by Untreed Reads (first published June 6th 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Queen of Diamonds, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Queen of Diamonds

drey
drey’s thoughts:
Queenie Dennis is a woman in hiding–from the truth of her origins, from the Endicotts, and from the authorities. Her mother’s lies set Queenie on the path towards redemption, and she hopes that she can make it up to the Endicotts, at least. After Paris, of course.

Returning to London with a quick needle and quicker eye for fashion and designs, Queenie sets up shop. She figures the quicker she can make money, the faster she can repay her mother’s stolen money. But before she knows...more
Cruth
Author: Barbara Metzger
First published: 2006
Length: ~4700 locations
Setting: 1816, London, England.
Sex: Heavy petting. Closed door. Somewhat explicit.
Heroine: Believes herself an orphan. Dressmaker.

A nice story but oh, so slow.

Nothing ever seems to happen.

It completes the trilogy satisfactorily but the road we take is long and drawn out with too many unstated conversations and misunderstandings.

There were some really interesting characters. Some teasing glimpses of clever situations.

But nothing e...more
Sandy M
Queenie Dennis comes to London after her mother’s death to let the Endicott family know what happened to their half sister Charlotte years ago when she was abducted after a carriage accident in which her mother died. But when an accomplice to the crime tells her in no uncertain terms she would be tossed into prison for her part in the crime, she heads to France where she studies fashion design. Years later she’s back in England, determined to make a success of her fashions as Madame Denise Lesca...more
Rebecca (everyday reader)
Queenie doesn't know about her past, her parents identities, or even if her name is really even Queenie. Her mother, Molly, has died, an evil man tells her that she was never Molly's daughter, and flees for her life and to start anew in France. A year later she returns to set up shop as a dressmaker when she catches the eye of Harry, a viscount who can't seem to stay away. Becoming a success in business is exhausting but she feels she owes something to the Endicott boys whom she has discovered p...more
Ernie
The story of Lady Charlotte Endicott who was kidnapped as a child and has not memory of who she really is. This is the third and final book in this series. I found the first two books much more humerous than this one. The story of the kidnapping etc. threw me initially so the story did not become intriguing until the mid point for me. I really enjoyed the first two books this one not quite so much, but it is readable.
Mary Fabian
The bad guy lost, the daughter restored, all is right in the world. I was somewhat annoyed by Jack at the end of the book as he didn't follow his character very well. It would have been nice to have had the ending go just a bit further. A woman retuned to society after 18 years is bound to have some issues.
Nancy
Unfortunately, I can't give the last book in this trilogy the 4 or 5 star rating that I would have. The book was well-written & had a great plot...but sadly, the "too graphic for me" romance (which did nothing to add to the story) showed up in the last couple of chapters.
Cary
So I finally got Book 3 and read it after reading 1 & 2 in the wrong order. It had been sometime so I needed to refresh myself on who was who even though they were mentioned they were not really a big part of the story. I liked the story, the plot was typical.
Marguerite Butler
My least favorite book in the trilogy. The heroine created her own problems throughout the story and I was annoyed with Jack and Ace's behavior. I only finished this one because I liked the first two books. Not a witty end to such a promising start.
Jennifer Eckel
Overall the 3 book series was good. I found Ace of Cards to be funniest. The 2nd story dragged, and the 3rd story Queen of Diamonds was charming. There were hints of the usual Metzger wit.
A.
A. added it
Sep 13, 2014
Sunshine
Sunshine marked it as to-read
Sep 09, 2014
Scarlett
Scarlett marked it as to-read
Aug 16, 2014
Hope Szabo
Hope Szabo marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2014
Kris
Kris marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2014
Jessie
Jessie marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2014
Δέσποινα
Δέσποινα marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2014
Kelsey
Kelsey marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2014
Desi Alonso
Desi Alonso marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Barbara Metzger is the author of over three dozen books and a dozen novellas. She has also been an editor, a proof-reader, a greeting card verse-writer, and an artist. When not painting, writing romances or reading them, she volunteers at the local library, gardens and goes beach-combing and yard-saling.

Her novels, mostly set in Regency-era England, have won numerous awards, including the Romance...more
More about Barbara Metzger...
Miss Lockharte's Letters (Regency Romance) Snowdrops and Scandalbroth (Regency Romance) The Bargain Bride Ace of Hearts (House of Cards #1) Wedded Bliss