Start by marking “Painted Jezebel” as Want to Read:
Painted Jezebel

Painted Jezebel

Publicist Finn Mackenzie has always been lucky, until an ill-fated affair with a vindictive writer leaves him one chance for redemption: a spectacular public appearance by the elusive best-selling romance author, Jezebel Jinx.

Unfortunately, the cute but kooky writer refuses to cooperate. Jezebel believes she’s cursed with bad luck. Riddled with anxieties, she never leaves
Kindle Edition
Published (first published April 27th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Painted Jezebel, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Painted Jezebel

The Law of Attraction by N.M. SilberThe Home Court Advantage by N.M. SilberLegal Briefs by N.M. SilberThe Law of Attraction by N.M. SilberBet Me by Jennifer Crusie
romantic comedies
77th out of 176 books — 220 voters
Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuireRock Me by Cherrie LynnHearts in Darkness by Laura KayeEasy by Tammara WebberLover Awakened by J.R. Ward
Sexiest Piercings and Tattoos on a character.
312th out of 447 books — 905 voters

More lists with this book...

Natalie Lozano
Sep 23, 2012 Natalie Lozano rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-on-my-nook
This book kept my attention the whole time. Jezebel is a combination of witty and sarcastic. The dialogue between her and Finn is very fun. I was wrong in who I thought the killer was. I will be reading this one again. I am looking forward to the sequel.
The Project
Feb 23, 2012 The Project rated it it was amazing
The Book
Apr 26, 2012 The Book rated it it was amazing

From the first chapter until the end, Author Pethrel captured my attention. As I progressed through the book, I wanted to continue reading to find out what happens to Jezebel Jinx. Jinx is an author who would rather keep to herself than attend book promotions or conferences. Jinx enjoys the simple things in life. However, her publisher wants her to attend this particular conference. Jinx is tricked by answering the door and meeting a handsome publisher, Finn McKenzie. She has no idea his assignm
Ruth Hill
Mar 07, 2012 Ruth Hill rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance, mystery
I will be honest. I planned on giving this a four star rating up until the last few pages. Not because I did not like it, but I figured it was your typical romantic mystery. I enjoyed everything about it, but when the author introduced a plot twist in the last few pages of the book (when typical romances just tie up loose ends and wind down the action), I knew this deserved a five star rating!

I was very grateful that the author warned the reader about the sexual content in the book, and I was al
Home. Love. Books.
Mar 07, 2012 Home. Love. Books. rated it really liked it
To see this review and more like it check out my site, Urban Fantasy Reviews, at www.ufreviews.com

I haven't read a lot of straight up romance books, in fact probably less than five. Most of them have some kind of paranormal element in them, but I was interested in this book largely because of the main character. I don't think i have really read any books where the main character is a writer. I find that interesting because I also write books, and I think it would be difficult for me to write a
Celia Breslin
May 21, 2012 Celia Breslin rated it really liked it
Equal parts romance, comedy and mystery, Painted Jezebel serves up one neurotic writer, her clever and sexy publicist and a side of mayhem, murder, and love at a romance writer’s convention. The story opens with Jezebel’s soon-to-be love-interest, sexy Irish publicist Quinn resorting to kidnapping to get her out of her house and to the convention. From there, hilarity ensues, romantic sparks fly, and of course, someone is murdered. Jezebel isn’t your typical heroine. She’s agoraphobic, claustrop ...more
Rachel
Feb 09, 2012 Rachel rated it it was amazing
Painted Jezebel is written by Jolie Pethel (pen name) and is published by MuseItUp Publishing. The novel is 65,000 words and 22 chapters in length.

Jolie Pethel is a character / pen name used by author Billi Wagner who also writes under her legal name.
Part Irish Billi was born in Ohio, and raised in Arizona but Billi moved back East so that her six children could enjoy a proper white Christmas.
She penned her first short story in 2nd grade but Painted Jezebel is her first published work.
Painted Je
Cheryl
Oct 11, 2011 Cheryl rated it liked it
Romance writer Jezebel Jinx is an agoraphobic. She hasn't been out of her Arizona cabin in two years. Until she opens the door and the hunky Finn tells her he's there to escort her to the big romance conference of the year in California.

No way. But after Finn drugs her, she wakes up to find herself in the California hotel where the conference is being held. Finn forces her to attend award dinners that she detests. She detests him, too. Except that he's so sexy.

Then someone puts peanuts that she'
Nina Marie
I did like this book but it just had a cheesy hotel murder mystery dinner feel to me. I never expected the killer to be who it was though. I thought the book was funny and I really liked the characters. If I didn't feel like it was a murder mystery dinner then I would have definetly given this book 5 stars.
Anna Burttram
May 08, 2013 Anna Burttram rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
This book has a wonderful mix of neurotic fun with a hint of murder. I would recommend it to anyone even if just for comic relief!

The writer is a good friend of mine and I am proud to see her work displayed in it's wonderful glory and I can honestly say I am pushing for book 2!
Laura Belshaw
Laura Belshaw marked it as to-read
Mar 16, 2016
Ian Donnelly
Ian Donnelly marked it as to-read
Feb 05, 2016
Désirée
Désirée rated it really liked it
Dec 18, 2015
Kelly
Kelly marked it as to-read
May 07, 2015
Roy Huff
Roy Huff rated it it was amazing
Apr 27, 2015
Allyson
Allyson marked it as to-read
Feb 05, 2015
Sweetpea
Sweetpea marked it as to-read
Jan 31, 2015
Eden
Eden marked it as to-read
Jan 30, 2015
Ayesha
Ayesha marked it as to-read
Sep 20, 2014
Sandy Penny
Sandy Penny rated it it was amazing
Aug 08, 2014
J.D. Brown
J.D. Brown rated it liked it
Aug 01, 2014
Donna Clark
Donna Clark marked it as to-read
Stacey Smith
Stacey Smith marked it as to-read
Sarinity
Sarinity marked it as to-read
Brandi
Brandi marked it as to-read
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
Dorothy Teel
Dorothy Teel marked it as to-read
Sherry
Sherry marked it as to-read
Juana
Juana marked it as to-read
Judy
Judy marked it as to-read
« previous 1 3 next »