Start by marking “Primal Heat” as Want to Read:
Primal Heat

Primal Heat

3.55  ·  Rating Details  ·  282 Ratings  ·  39 Reviews
Being an American in Britain isn't easy. For Krista, its downright hard especially when she's plagued by erotic dreams that increase as Halloween approaches. So when she's given a dare by her co-workers to pluck a rose from the most haunted house in Cardiff, she agrees never thinking it would be more than a scare tactic.

As a Tracker, all Orrin wants to do is capture the We
Nook, 53 pages
Published September 28th 2011 by Donna Grant (first published 2008)

Bark's Book Nonsense
Primal Heat is a sex fueled novella about a werewolf “tracker” and the woman who haunts his dreams. Orrin and his partner have arrived on earth in their spacecraft supposedly to save the human race from extinction at the hands of alien werewolves who can’t control their bloodlust. But Orrin gets a little sidetracked by sexy Krista and her lush bod and sex and bloodshed happens.

The reviews were pretty good across the board for this story so I went in with high hopes but as they say different stro
Crissy Greenawalt
This novella is a spectacular example of just how well Donna Grant can write. I will admit it was a bit odd to think of werewolves on the same level as aliens, but it didn't offend me. The hero Orrin is an Acanti tracker/hunter sniffing out and hunting down werewolves with his partner Stefan. He has been having incredibly vivid erotic dreams of a woman whose face he can't see. Upon arriving in Cardiff he realizes he can mentally follow the link in his mind and it leads him to her. Krista is an A ...more
Larena
Sep 30, 2011 Larena rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom

Krista Evans is an American living in Britain, which she isn’t finding as easy as she thought it would be. It gets even more difficult when she agrees to a dare by her co-workers. Now if Krista could just stop the erotic dreams she has every night her life just might be a little easier.

Orrin Black is a tracker whose job it is to track down weres before they have a chance to feed from the humans. Landing on Earth he never expects to find the woman that has been hau
Delia
Apr 30, 2012 Delia rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I picked this one out thinking it might be a nice change of pace from all the YA I have been reading lately. Let me tell you this was a big change. This is an adult only book. Primal Heat falls into the erotic fiction catergory without a doubt. As far as the question of if it will get your blood pressure up the answer is yes. If you are looking for a hot read then this one would be an easy pick.
Looking at the storyline, there are some possibilities. Unfortunately this is more of a novella so the
Netanella
I had to go with the "it was okay" rating on this one. I love Donna Grant's Druid's Glen series, but this book just didn't do it for me. I had a hard time with the Werewolves from Outer Space concept, and the ending was just too rushed and clichéd for me.

Plus, our heroine made some stupid choices just to advance the plot line - would you really go to a supposedly haunted house, in the dark, in a foreign country, on a college dare, even after you overhear some strange male voice over the phone.
Michelle
Oct 14, 2011 Michelle rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this Halloween novella from Donna. A slightly different take on werewolves than I'm used too but still enjoyable!

Krista is an American who has an unexplainable urge to move to Cardiff, Wales. On arrival she starts having dreams about a sexy stranger whose face she can't see. This novella spans the 6hrs when she realises there is more to her dreams and more to the world than she thought possible.

I really liked Orrin he had the right amount of sexiness and alpha male traits. The
Jessie Potts
Seriously this heroine made me want to punch her just flat out knock her senseless
Theresa Scarangella
Krista didn't know why she had to go to Cardiff Wales, or why she had a dream of this guy. Orrin and Stefan were trackers who came to Cardiff Wales to hurt the Weres who would feast on the humans there.
As with all novella's, I always want more of the characters and the story to continue. I loved the story line and the characters and you won't be disappointed in the book.
Donna Grant is an awesome writer, I have read quite a lot of her books and have loved them also.
As we call her the little torn
LWB Marissa
Nov 09, 2011 LWB Marissa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned-books
First line of book:
"“How could I be so stupid?” Krista Evans asked herself for the hundredth time since exiting."

Krista Evans just moved from the States to Cardiff, Great Britain. She has left her old life and foster family behind to move to an unknown city. She has no logical explanation for her move besides the overwhelming need to be in Cardiff and now she is having strange, erotic dreams of a man. She is young, practical and independent.

Orrin Black is a Tracker for his people, the Acanti. He
Trish
Oct 03, 2011 Trish rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: paranormal, novella
Donna Grant is a very talented writer, and this novella had me gnawing my nails in anticipation. The entire story spans a 6 hour time frame where Krista, the heroine, meets the man who has been haunting her dreams. For the past three months, Krista Evans has been having highly erotic dreams about a mysterious stranger. Although she has never seen his face, this dream man knows her intimately; he knows how to drive her wild with his touches and with his body.
Orran Black, the hero, is Krista's dr
Brenda
Sep 30, 2011 Brenda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this unique take on werewolves with it's Halloween themed suspense, and steamy romance. Krista disrupts her entire life in search of something she doesn't understand. All she knows is something or someone is pulling her towards Cardiff, but when she gets there she struggles to fit in with her coworkers. They challenge her to steal a rose from a haunted house and the story takes place during the night of Halloween. I found myself relating to Krista since I too had moved to a city ...more
April
Oct 02, 2011 April rated it it was amazing
PRIMAL HEAT by Donna Grant is an exciting paranormal romance set in Cardiff,Wales,UK and that will have you turning pages from beginning to end. This is the story of Krista and Orrin. Krista,an American living in Britain,in search of something she doesn't understand,and she is having erotic dreams of a sexy, handsome, man she can't see his face,but knows his touch. Orrin Black,is a Tracker from another world who tracks down werewolves befor they can feed on humans. Krista,has "called to" Orrin,n ...more
Dora-lee
Feb 20, 2013 Dora-lee rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This wonderful Book Reminded me that True Love if you are lucky is your SOUL MATE finding you.
Have to say the erotic dreams that started this story were enough to bring COLD COLD Showers to mind . Well Done Donna !!

What an exotic and adorable character Krista Evans turned out to be . She turned out to be quite an adaptable person under the most dire circumstances .

Now handsome Dream come true Orrin Black now here is a walking (Wet Dream) and smart, strong other worldly BONUS . put the two toge
Nancy L Gavillet
Good as Always

As always Ms. Grant has written another good read. And as always I wish it were longer. Her stories are always so enjoyable they never seem to be long enough.
Thank you for your great ability to keep me interested.
Alicia Wyatt
Jun 08, 2014 Alicia Wyatt rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very Imaginative

Very Imaginative

Great combination of interesting twists in the storyline, along with sex scenes. Wish it wasn't so short, but still enjoyed it.
Shawna Hansen
This was an odd little fantasy set in Wales with extremely unique characters. A young woman is drawn to Wales. She isn't sure why, but she really must go there. She also is having erotic dreams that are so intense, the dreams are starting to interfere in her day to day life. Her dreams turn into reality when two aliens come to earth chasing after werewolves. One of the aliens has been drawn to the young woman in her dreams and he has to find out why (and let's face it, he wants to experience the ...more
Carolyn F.
Reread I feel the same about this book the 2nd time around. I want to smack myself up side the head when I read something that I've already read. Ugh! I changed Kindles and it's screwing up with my life!!!

Initial review 06/18/11 Not my favorite. Werewolves are actually aliens that fly in yellow spaceships. Orrin and Krista have been having erotic dreams of each other so he goes to England to find her and find out how she's attracting him. The werewolves are after her too one thinking she's his m
Amy Dark Night Reads
www.the-book-diaries.blogspot.com

Short stories are not my favorite because I just don't get enough before they end. This story was different, werewolves on a spaceship from another planet with aliens hunting them hmmm....definately different. The character descriptions were good but you just wanted to know more about the others. Krista's character was complex. I believed she was older but was put in a situation where she was dared to do something and acted like she was 12. All in all it was a go
Sheila
Jan 22, 2014 Sheila rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was just an okay read for me. It was formulaic and the HEA came so quickly. I did not get into the characters before it was over. A longer read with more character development would help.
Kathryn
Meet Krista. Down to earth American, recently moved to Cardiff. As soon as she arrived she's had nightly dreams of a faceless man. A man that has made her wildest dreams come true. Tired from a long day at work, dared by her co-workers to visit a haunted mansion on Halloween's Eve, and a meeting with a stranger that isn't unknown... the plot of the story unravels before your eyes and you feel yourself chilled to the bone, wanting to know more about this "stranger" and cheering for Krista's every ...more
Lee Anne - OMG! It's TOOOOO Cold!
I really enjoyed this story. There is a lot of potential for this to become a full length novel and I wish Donna Grant would develop it into such. I would LOVE to see that.

Only three stars as it was a bit lacking in character development (yes, I know novella, so not much time) and the main female just readily accepted the explanations given. There didn't seem to be any disbelief on her part. Otherwise I would have given it 4 stars!
Dee
I love everything from Donna Grant. I don't think the lady could write poorly if she tried. There are about 5 authors, word artists, that could write a Dummies book on how to paint drywall beige and make it sound thrillingly exciting, and I would give it glowing recommendations, this is one of those authors. So in my opinion, if you see her name on a jacket/cover, read the book, you will not be disappointed.
Julie
May 06, 2012 Julie rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I've heard of Donna Grant and I have a book of her's on my bookshelf, so when I saw this in the kindle book store for free, I didn't hesitate. But, this is not really a book. It's a short story. Just a little over 100 pages (estimated). Mostly it is exlicit sex and very little plot. Too over the top for my personal taste.
Melindeeloo
Apr 21, 2012 Melindeeloo rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This was free and I've enjoyed other things by Grant but this was just a "no" for me, once they got to the point that the bad guys were going to rape the heroine and enthrall her to make her want it, that was it for me (they don't btw, but still...)
Amber
Jul 10, 2012 Amber rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Really an unrealistic bad read in need of good editing. And I'm totally confused by the "Bite Me!" In the title. There was no biting even mentioned in this short read. All in all, I would not recommend Primal Heat to anyone.
Lisa
May 18, 2015 Lisa rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: grant-donna
Not one of my favorite but just OK. Too quick of a read for me, about an hour long. The ones I got for free in the past were longer and better. (Some of the Druids Glen books) I guess it was worth $0.99
Lorraine Lesar
Apr 30, 2012 Lorraine Lesar rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Never read any of Donna Grant before, but will be adding her to my future reading list. This was different, sexy and yes, I want to read more
Prone to Crushes on Boys in Books
A "different" take on werewolves and aliens. Fast pace storyline. I liked the chemistry between the main characters Krista and Orrin.
Tania
Mar 19, 2013 Tania rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: donna-grant
"Savage Moon" by Donna Grant.

I really liked this novella. Donna Grant is an excellent story teller. I have enjoyed all her books.
Amanda P
It was surprisingly good for a erotica free short. I highly enjoyed it and will have to look into this author some more.
Creative Reviews: Seeking reviewers for Donna Grant 1 13 Oct 06, 2011 08:16AM
  • The Pleasure of His Bed
  • Fire in His Eyes (Dragon Elementals #1)
  • Dance Macabre (Lords of Pendragon #1)
  • To Desire a Scoundrel (Southern Heat, #2)
  • Rowena Through the Wall (Land's End, #1)
  • Whispers
  • Fated
  • Myth of Moonlight (Moonlight, #1)
  • Feather Down (Raptors Revealed, #1)
  • Changing Times (Lusting Wild, #1)
  • Faelan (Connor Clan #0.5)
  • Wicked Werewolf Night (Werewolf Society, #1)
  • Winning a Bride (Bridal Favors, #2.5)
  • How to Date a Werewolf (Rylie Cruz, #1)
  • In the Dark
  • Unfinished
  • Soul Search
  • Wilder's Mate (Bloodhounds, #1)
Donna Grant is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of more than forty novels and novellas spanning multiple genres of romance.

She was born and raised in Texas but loves to travel. Her adventures have taken her throughout the United States as well as to Jamaica, Mexico, and Scotland. Growing up on the Texas/Louisiana border, Donna’s Cajun side of the family taught her the “spicy” si
More about Donna Grant...

“her wariness, but he still had to tread carefully.  He” 0 likes