Start by marking “Once in a Blue Moon” as Want to Read:
Once in a Blue Moon

Once in a Blue Moon

Nostalgia isn’t what it used to be...

Successful businesswoman, Melissa Kendal, has it all. Two kids, a gorgeous, albeit difficult-to-manage husband, her dream house, and a thriving, exciting career as an L.A. fashion designer. So what if her home life is falling apart. It’s her career that’s important and makes her feel alive.

But when a science fair project goes awry, and
Nook, 0 pages
Published September 10th 2011 by Diane Darcy (first published September 9th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Once in a Blue Moon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Once in a Blue Moon

Anne
Dec 16, 2014 Anne rated it it was amazing
Shelves: time-travel
Diane always writes a great story and characters. This was no exception, loved the fantasy side such good storytelling !
Kathy * Bookworm Nation
When I first started this one I wasn’t sure what to think of it. I just didn’t care for our main character, Melissa. I guess we’re not supposed to like her, she isn’t very nice. She had a hard childhood and had built up some pretty big walls. When the book starts her career and money was the most important thing to her. More important than her loving husband and twin son and daughter. Her life was kind of split. On one hand she was doing awesome in her career and was successful, on the other ...more
Allie
Oct 24, 2011 Allie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle-books
I'm going to start out by saying i'm not usually one to read books that aren't YA but i absolutely LOVED this book! it was like nothing i've ever read before. It had me sitting on the edge of my seat wanting more.

The main character,Melissa, starts out as the meanest woman you would ever meet. The funniest part is she doesn't even realize how mean she is, she thinks she's helping people by toughening them up or something. She has a wonderful family and doesn't even give them her time of day ignor
Kristen
Jun 05, 2014 Kristen rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, westernish
This was just ok/pretty good for me. I am a more of a first love/finding love kind of reader, rather than a married couple rekindling their love. Besides the heroine was pretty much a jerk the majority of the novel. She did grow but it took the whole novel to do so. And it was hard to see her put her needs in front of her children. My life revolves around my kids...

So, just an ok one for me. I did like the ending.

Moral Note: Mild talk of prostitution, children out of wedlock, spousal abuse. Cle
Jessie
Aug 11, 2013 Jessie rated it liked it
Shelves: western, for-loan
I love Diane Darcy, and when I realized she had another book I hadn't read, I had to fix that oversight. Melissa is a fashion designer with her priorities all wrong. She's cutthroat at work, can cut people down with a word or a glance, and doesn't appreciate the wonderful family she has. She had a rough childhood, and attributes those problems to being poor, so she works hard to help provide for her family, missing the point that her twelve year old son and daughter just want to spend time with ...more
Cheri
Jan 13, 2014 Cheri rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
Melissa Kendal is a fashion designer with a husband and two kids. When her sons science project throws them back in time; Melissa has to learn to live in a small cabin and to cook and clean. But Melissa is use to living in a big house with a maid to clean up after her. I really hated Melissa at first, she was so obnoxious.It is amazing what going back in time actually teaches Melissa about the person she is and if she wants to change.
Debra Loe
Nov 14, 2016 Debra Loe rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic! Awesome! Amazing!

This book has everything you could want, and I could not put it down. It is refreshingly different from any other time travel I have read. I was on Tue edge of my seat, and there are many valuable lessons in this book. Fantastic again!
Patricia
Mar 17, 2013 Patricia rated it it was ok
I have mentioned before, I really like time travel. I bought this on the strength of having read and liked She Owns the Knight. However, In this story, I just could not like Melissa very much. Yes, I understand that initially it was essential for the reader to dislike Melissa but it really never did go away completely.
Teya Peck
Sep 04, 2015 Teya Peck rated it really liked it
I did not like the woman in this book. She was rude and horrible. I almost stopped reading, however, I knew to be a good book it would need to start out something like that, so I kept reading. It was as I thought. It ended up being a really good book.
Christina
Feb 25, 2016 Christina rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this time travel book about a family that wasn't doing so well in the present until they came back from the past. It was a fun story and I enjoyed that everything worked out well for the characters.
Brandy
May 07, 2012 Brandy rated it really liked it
Fantastic book! Everyone should read it. It was entertaining and made you really think about what is important in life.
Anne Robinson
May 03, 2015 Anne Robinson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Charming, fun time travel story

If you like your time travel light and fun this is your story. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Believable characters and great plot.
Terri
Terri rated it really liked it
Dec 31, 2012
Carmel Logg
Carmel Logg rated it liked it
Dec 14, 2015
Kacie Miller
Kacie Miller rated it really liked it
Nov 24, 2014
Tejaswini Reddy
Tejaswini Reddy rated it liked it
Dec 02, 2016
Teresa Bertolio
Teresa Bertolio rated it it was amazing
Feb 14, 2015
Chantel
Chantel rated it it was amazing
Oct 24, 2012
Rita C
Rita C rated it liked it
Apr 17, 2015
Jamie Voetsch
Jamie Voetsch rated it really liked it
Apr 06, 2013
Marlene Staheli
Marlene Staheli rated it really liked it
Oct 03, 2016
Megan
Megan rated it really liked it
Oct 12, 2013
Maryk Adams
Maryk Adams rated it it was amazing
Jul 01, 2016
chris sydney
chris sydney rated it it was amazing
May 09, 2014
Deb Campbell
Deb Campbell rated it did not like it
Apr 05, 2015
Andrea Manning
Andrea Manning rated it it was amazing
Sep 18, 2014
Melodie Peach
Melodie Peach rated it it was amazing
Oct 06, 2016
Richard E. Prosek
Richard E. Prosek rated it it was amazing
Nov 13, 2015
Donna Simons
Donna Simons rated it it was amazing
Mar 24, 2014
A Full Bookshelf
A Full Bookshelf rated it it was ok
Aug 15, 2015
« previous 1 3 next »
Diane Darcy loves to read and write lighthearted and funny books. She’s a member of the Heart of the West, and RWA. She was a finalist for Romance Writers of America's Golden Heart® Award. She’s written romantic comedies in several different genres; some historical, some contemporary, all lighthearted and fun. She makes her home in Utah with her family and dogs, and is hard at work on her next ...more
More about Diane Darcy...