Start by marking “Insurrection (Bakkian Chronicles, #2)” as Want to Read:
Insurrection (Bakkian Chronicles, #2)

Insurrection (Bakkian Chronicles #2)

Add one magic-stealing goblet, half a dozen dimwitted trolls, and one conceited wizard. Next add one kidnapped member of the royal family, one concerned son, two bodyguards, a soldier, and an adolescent griffin. Throw in a pinch of green dragon. Mix well and you will have yourself one fantastic action-packed fantasy adventure set in the magical kingdom of Lentari!

Nearly a
Kindle Edition, First, 276 pages
Published September 29th 2011 by J.M. Poole

To ask other readers questions about Insurrection, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Insurrection

Robert
Nov 22, 2011 Robert rated it it was amazing
Outstanding! Continuing on from Book 1, the plot thickens and the characters are fleshed out, along with a few more new ones. Mr Poole's writing style is simplistic and engaging, adding realism and empathy to the story. A few minor errors but nothing glaring, I highly recommend adding this to your "to read" list, along with the first.

~Robert Day
www.robertdaybooks.com
Vincenza
Jul 13, 2012 Vincenza rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
Yes, I finished it in one sitting. Can't wait until the third book is out. Characters are well developed and interesting - the type of people I wouldn't mind having a beer with in real life. Jeffrey Poole has done an amazing job with this story and I can't believe it's his first.

As I said, can't wait for the third book.
Mia Darien
Mar 30, 2012 Mia Darien rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
See, this time I was smart. I went into it knowing what sort of book I was going to get, after that little expectation mishap in my review of the first book.

Although the book still straddles an odd line for me between being Young Adult or Breezy Grown-up, it's still a lot of fun. Reading too much dark fantasy makes me expect every "good guy" of being a turncoat, and it's a happy relief at the end of the book when they're actually genuinely good guys. Don't get me wrong, I love a twisty-turning b
Lindaeliyahna
Oct 11, 2012 Lindaeliyahna rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Once again I was ushered into Lentari through the Portal of Jeffrey Poole's exceptional talent. I genuinely enjoyed this read equally as much as "The Prophecy" (Book I) Once again my only discontent was being sad that my adventure came to an end in just under 2 days of reading. Alas it could not be helped, as it was a real page turner and there was temptation to resist sleep to read into the wee morning hours. I was simply unwilling to put it down and simply using normal wake hours riding throug ...more
Josh Thomas
Jan 25, 2012 Josh Thomas rated it it was amazing
I really love these books. not sure what it is but they are fun in ways a lot of other fantasy books don't dare to try. l love the fact that other people ie Sarah's sister and Stevens parents are allowed to know about and even enter lentari. sounds silly but most books ive read don't let that happen. anyway.. great read and cant wait for the next one.. jack up the price Jeffrey... im buying
Norma Cameron
Aug 05, 2012 Norma Cameron rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Even better then the 1st book, hope you finish book three soon :)
Jenny
Jan 17, 2012 Jenny rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really enjoying this series and looking forward to book 3
Michael
Jan 26, 2017 Michael rated it it was amazing
Next, I start on book three

I have a lot of good books on my Kindle. I guess I'll have to wait to read them because I am entranced by this series.
Amanda
I really like this one too. The characters are realistic, the action is paced fairly well. The story is intriguing, and it ended with just a hint of what the third book will be about. I liked how everything tied together, but it seemed a little too easy. The only thing which had me wanting more was the danger. There was danger, but never to the point where a character you cared about was not going to make it. There was the potential for danger, but nothing that was edge of your seat, you didn't ...more
Scott
Oct 11, 2011 Scott rated it it was amazing
Bakkian Chronicles, Book II - Insurrection by Jeffrey Poole is the second book taking place in the world of Lentari. When Steve gets a message from the world of Lentari he and Sarah know something is drastically wrong. The Queen has been kidnapped! They decide to head back to lend their powerful jhorun's to the chase. Leaving Mikal with Sarah's sister Annie and Trisan, his bodyguard from Lentari they hop through the portal and return to the magical land.

The action in this book picks up much fas
Derek Pritchard
Mar 01, 2013 Derek Pritchard rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another good read although shorter than I'd hoped and weaker than the first book (The Prophecy).
The plot was predictable and too obvious at times. There were occasions where I found myself asking 'Why didn't he just...?' or 'Why did he just...?'. There were one or two supposedly intuitive conclusions made by the characters that were anything but likely and obvious and were clearly there to move the plot along without any real effort.
The over-use of clichés was once again evident (everyones jaws
Joe
Apr 28, 2016 Joe rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Read as part of the Bakkian Chronicles Omnibus edition.

I am truly enjoying the story and the writer's style. The characters are engaging and it is well written.

However, please get a good editor! There are simply too many grammar and typo errors in this (and the author's other books that I have read) for me to give the books 5 stars. As a couple of examples the town Myrn is spelled Mryn twice and a minor character named Harlen is spelled Harlan 3 times (25 mentions of Harlen).

Or consider this sen
Nov 06, 2013 Laura rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Dragons and griffins and magic! Oh my!
Jeffrey Poole started the Bakkian Chronicles with an inviting blend of characters, added a juicy mix of magic, and seasoned all of this with fantastical creatures. His excellent world building skills, combined with that delightful brew, turned into a absolutely wonderful book you can sink your teeth into.

Book 2, of the Bakkian Chronicles does not disappoint. Fans of fantasy, dragons, and magic will be thrilled with this second installment in the trilogy. T
Kait Palmer
Just finished this and the first one on Kindle (free for the first one, $3 for the second), and I found both of them highly enjoyable. A popcorn novel for sure...don't go looking for the next War and Peace but it's not meant to be that. It pokes a little fun at fantasy novels along the way, and includes lots of current references. If you're looking for something easy, entertaining and fun I'd recommend this. Looking forward to the third installment!
Danie
Jul 13, 2013 Danie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Soo good! I fell in love with the world of Lentari with the first book but had a some troubled spots when it came to writing style. With the second book, I am completely hooked, and the writing has become much more fluid. This series of books are wonderful entertaining fun reads, I highly recommend them!
Cynthia
Jun 23, 2012 Cynthia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sci-fi-fantasy
Almost as captivating as the first novel - the story is still absorbing and easy to fall into. My only complaint is that the writing style seems a little rushed - little bits could have been fleshed out here and there, and certain times some players step out of character. Not quite as good as the first entry in this series, but I still very much look forward to reading the third book!
Lorac625
I love these books!

I have read The Bakkian Chronicles and all of the author's writings about Lentari multiple times and with great joy. They are well written,with great characters and plots. I'm very excited to be awaiting the arrival of the second Lentari book, and have asked to be a beta reader for the next.
Elizabeth
Feb 11, 2013 Elizabeth rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
excellent is all i have to say!! that is, if you like the type of book with adventure, science fiction, and magic all rolled into one. had to get all three books to read. had me wanting more. couldn't put it down.
Aug 01, 2012 Sarah rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this series. I'm looking forward to the third and final book. This is what would happen if some people I know got sucked into a portal into a fantasy world. Fun adventure, funny and who doesn't like talking dragons and stuff?
Misty Martin
Aug 09, 2014 Misty Martin rated it it was amazing
Great!!!

Great!!!

I truly enjoyed this book, the characters are easy to love and care about, and the author made it believable ( even if I do want a reality a little more like it ). Can't wait to read the rest of the story...keep it up!!!
Jason Henderson
Aug 31, 2013 Jason Henderson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely loved this series! I especially loved the character Steve. Even if you do not keep this particular series going, please include Steve again!
Rosemary Daly
The second book in the Bakkian Chronicles does not disappoint. Characters have become more developed and the story moves along. Can't wait for book three!
Paul Devall
Sep 13, 2013 Paul Devall rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
Enjoyed the book. Building on the first book the story expands.

I enjoyed this book. Great holiday read.
Arthur
Feb 11, 2013 Arthur rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Extremely fun read, it wasnt over the top fantasy, yet wasnt over the top modern. A very nice twist on things.
Ian McMaster
Ian McMaster rated it liked it
Mar 07, 2016
Sean
Sean rated it really liked it
Jul 26, 2014
Frederick
Frederick rated it it was amazing
Jul 14, 2012
Donna Hansman
Donna Hansman rated it it was amazing
Aug 01, 2014
Tracy
Tracy rated it it was amazing
Jan 14, 2013
Jenni
Jun 10, 2012 Jenni rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved it!!! If you enjoyed Narnia you will enjoy these books!
Indie Book Club: Bakkian Chronicles, Book II - Insurrection 59 48 Sep 26, 2012 12:54PM
Indie Book Club: July fantasy BotM: Bakkian II - Insurrection 44 28 Aug 14, 2012 08:52AM
  • The Bone Sword
  • Crypto-Squad (Volume 1)
  • Aaron & Keja: Time Dragon
  • Hemlock and the Wizard Tower  (The Maker's Fire, #1)
  • The Plaza
  • Elements of Darkness (Twist's Tales Vol. IV)
  • Lucifer's Odyssey
  • Cursed Bones  (Sovereign of the Seven Isles, #5)
  • Gifted Apprentice
  • Red Leaves and the Living Token
  • The First Dragoneer (The Dragoneers Saga, #0)
  • The Music Mage (The Ravanmark Saga, #1)
  • Devil Ash Days
  • The Sixth Discipline (Haven, #1)
  • The Dirty Secret
  • This Jealous Earth
  • Shadow on the Wall (The SandStorm Chronicles, #1)
  • Well of the Damned (Kinshield Saga, #3)
Jeffrey M. Poole is a professional writer living in sunny Lake Havasu City, Arizona, with his wife and their dog Keeley the Welsh Corgi. He is the best-selling author of the fantasy series Bakkian Chronicles and Tales of Lentari and has just recently published his first mystery novel: Case of the One-Eyed Tiger.

Jeffrey’s interests include astronomy, archaeology, archery, scuba diving, collecting m
More about Jeffrey M. Poole...

Bakkian Chronicles (3 books)
  • The Prophecy (Bakkian Chronicles, #1)
  • Amulet of Aria (Bakkian Chronicles, #3)