Start by marking “The Petrov Proposal” as Want to Read:
The Petrov Proposal

The Petrov Proposal (Forrester #2)

3.58 of 5 stars 3.58  ·  rating details  ·  230 ratings  ·  29 reviews
The first time Maddy Forrester heard her boss's mesmerizing voice barking orders down the phone, she knew he was a force to be reckoned with. But nothing prepared her for the sight of Aleksei Petrov. He is the last thing Maddy needs, but the first thing she wants!Aleksei is determined not to mix business with pleasure, but he struggles with the irresistible sparks his feis ...more
Published January 24th 2012 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about The Petrov Proposal, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Petrov Proposal

RLA

The heroine Maddie meets her boss Aleksei, the hero, for the fist time and sparks immediately flow. While working together on an upcoming exhibition for Aleksei's latest jewellery collection, they become more and more drawn to each other. They both fight the attraction as they know any affair they have will be a bad idea. Maddie is especially cautious after a disastrous love affair with her boss in the past, which left her reputation and self confidence in tatters. But it quickly becomes clear t
Ridley
Yesterday on Twitter, I was talking to Jane from DA about Harlequin's new Kiss line, which debuts next year. I said that "if they're like HP's with non-asshole heroes and grown-up heroines, I'll be in heaven." That basically describes The Petrov Proposal to a T.

The hero is commitment-averse, but so is the heroine. He's never arrogant or overbearing and she's never overmatched or passive. She's sexually inexperienced, sure, but she's no naive ingenue. She's a grown woman with an adult's understa
Jeanette Grey
There's a place downtown that sells a $50 burger. The idea is that they take the most ordinary food in the world and make it extraordinary with crazy ingredients and the highest quality everything.

That's kind of what it feels like to read The Petrov Proposal.

At it's heart, this is very standard romance novel fare. The plot, the basic character archetypes, the lavish settings. But here's the thing. Maisey Yates took those basics and turned them into a thing of beauty by fleshing those character
Kate
Overall rating -- 4.5 stars

My favorite thing about this book was that the hero and heroine's positions of the existence of love is a bit different than the HP norm. (view spoiler)
Jess the Romanceaholic
A contemporary heroine who's not a virgin?! *clutches chest*

:P

Maddie's flip-flopping between whether this was a purely physical affair or an emotional one was a little distracting, but Aleksei is deliciously tortured and (emotionally) cold.

Full review to follow, but for now, 4/5 Stars.
Tanya Mayes
This was a good read I enjoyed the interaction between Aleksei and Maddie. They both had things in their past that they had to get over and once they let go they were able to find love.
ms bookjunkie
I really liked the story. There was only one glaring error in it: The hero—the Russian hero—contemplated drowning his sorrows with Scotch. Um, no! If he's Russian, the intoxicant is vodka!
Jules
Great romance and chemistry. The Russian hero was sexy and brooding and thought the heroine was smart and interesting.
HÜLYA
Geçmişin Acıları Maisey Yates
Daha önce okumuş olduğum Sahte Nişanlı'nın devamıdı..BU romanda kız kardeş Madeline Forrester'in hikayesi vardı ve oldukça da dokunaklı idi..Ama nedense Sahte Nişanlı daha çok hoşuma gitti.
Madeline Forrester şimdiki durumuna gelmesi kolay olmamıştı..Yıllar önce aşık olduğu William Callahan'dan sonra aşk defterini kapatmıştı..Çünkü sebep olduğu skandal yüzünde bir evlilik yıkılmış kendisini de uzun süre toparlayamamıştı..Şimdi Rus Milyarder mücevher tasarımcısı Aleks
Ashley F
This review was posted at Tsuki’s Book Blog on August 1, 2013.

I'm a huge fan of Maisey Yates and I like to seek out all of her new books. I know I haven't read many but "Heir to a Desert Legacy" is one of my favorites of the year and I often go back and re-read it when I need a good pick-me-up. This one, while having all the qualities of an amazing book, fell a bit short in my mind.

The premise was a typical one in Harlequin backlists. Maddy was an employee of Aleksei, an amazing creator of jewe
Caroline
My first book by Ms Yates. The plot couldn't be more corny if it tried but, once again, the Harlequin imprint maintains a solid level of quality and among the better-than-average books are one or two unexpected gems. This is one of them.

The story is about a wildly successful Russian jewellery designer and his super-efficient virtual PA. Inevitably, they meet in person and, inevitably, the fireworks start. Both are suffering from the after-effects of human-relation traumas and we end up with the,
Tia
This is a story of past, present and future. It deals a lot with the main characters learning and accepting their past. They have both been let down and hurt in the past for very different reasons. The main male character lost his wife, he loved her so much that he didn't want to love ever again. The main female character was never loved by anyone but her brother. Her parents abandoned her, her brother took her in. Her one and only affair was with a man she didn't know was married and he used he ...more
Carmen
A very good read. I was like Aleksei, each time I heard Maddy say "no" it intrigued me more. There wasn't great buckets of angst even though Petrov is widower and well, Maddy has some past issues (Part of her history is shared in her brother Gage's story which was published earlier). The ending felt a bit rushed but the good ones usually leave me wanting more

Synopsis from the cover

rameau
I think I'm over the billionaire fantasy. It wasn't a bad book, but I simply couldn't connect with the characters. The author made all the right moves and there was a sense of history for the characters, but it was told rather than shown. I didn't really buy that they had any deeper feelings for each other if even for themselves. Also, I was disappointed to find out that his problems trumped hers. In the end the chemistry felt more like a mother comforting her adult child and congratulating him ...more
Lupita Figueroa BookLoverRomantic
Hermosa novela. Con mucha pasión y amor. Muy pocas veces me ha decepcionado una novela de Maisey Yates, siempre son una apuesta segura de genialidad romántica. Muy recomendada esta historia.
Stephanie
I actually give this a 3.5 star rating
I quite throughly enjoyed the book. everything you could see building up gradually. I just wish I could see more of aleksei's pov throughout the book but the author provided sufficient amounts of it. also I hoped there would be more of a dramatic grovelling - you know a bit of chasing but in regards to the characterisatiom of Madeline, we couldnt have that.

All in all, a nice r&r read :-)
Tonya Warner
Maddy Forrester has already been down the rode of sleeping with the boss. Having the super sexy Aleksei Petrov decide to come work with her in person for his jewelry shows, instead of by phone, shakes her solitary lifestyle.

Aleksei has already loved and lost, he is not able to face that pain again. A temporary fling with Maddy is very appealing. Maddy wants to prove to herself she is more than her past. She tries to go for the purely physical thrill Aleksei gives her. But still, she has a hard t
Allison
I quite enjoyed the book.
sbf20112011
This is more like 3.5 stars for me. It was pretty well-written, but I think maybe I just don't get that drawn in to the story of two mature, reasonable people who have some emotional issues but overcome them through personal introspection. It's realistic and of course lovely if it happens in real life, but just not that compelling to me as a fantasy. This was definitely readable, but I just didn't feel the emotional tug.
Tawnya
Hated that life kept interrupting my reading. This book was excellent, so much so I'm sure under normal conditions I would have finished it in hours instead of days.
Anna
I liked the idea and I really wanted to like the book. It just seemed to be great then all the sudden everyone changes their minds and it's happily ever after.
Diah Didi
Agak klise, tapi cukup menghibur.
Nggak nyangka juga si author juga mengalami hal yang sama, jatuh cinta ama bos-nya yang kemudian jadi suaminya. :)
Gege86
This one was a amazingly good, sweet and romantic.
I loved both the hero and the heroine. MY writing style is awesome…
Barbara

Really enjoyed this. The poor frozen sexy hero.....
Diane
better than some i've read lately!
Sophia Henry
Cute book. Loved the hero.
  • Monarch of the Sands
  • Princess From the Past
  • In Bed with a Stranger (The Fitzroy Legacy #2)
  • Once a Ferrara Wife... (Ferrara #1)
  • One Last Night
  • The Thorn in His Side
  • To Love, Honor and Betray
  • The Heir from Nowhere
  • Strangers in the Desert (The Al Dhakir Brothers #1)
  • Undone by His Touch
  • Never Stay Past Midnight
  • The Power of Vasilii (Russian Rivals #2)
  • An Offer She Can't Refuse
  • The Sultan's Choice
  • The Lone Wolfe (Bad Blood, #8)

Forrester (2 books)
  • Marriage Made on Paper (Forrester #1)
A Mistake, a Prince and a Pregnancy His Virgin Acquisition Hajar's Hidden Legacy Marriage Made on Paper (Forrester #1) The Life She Left Behind (The Santina Crown 0.5)