Start by marking “Circle of Silence (WiHi, #2)” as Want to Read:
Circle of Silence (WiHi, #2)

Circle of Silence (WiHi #2)

The biggest story of my life could be how it ends

Published July 24th 2012 by Harlequin Teen

To ask other readers questions about Circle of Silence, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Circle of Silence

Pandemonium by Lauren OliverHallowed by Cynthia HandFever by Lauren DeStefanoA Million Suns by Beth RevisThe Golden Lily by Richelle Mead
2012 YA/MG Sequels
107th out of 144 books — 843 voters
Insurgent by Veronica RothFever by Lauren DeStefanoA Million Suns by Beth RevisHallowed by Cynthia HandThe Evolution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin
2012 Sophomore YA Releases
71st out of 91 books — 392 voters

More lists with this book...

♥Rachel♥
Jul 25, 2012 ♥Rachel♥ rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley-e-book

This was heart poundingly good!

Seventeen year-old Valerie Gaines prime focus in life is to find and amazing news story that will propel her into the college of her dreams. Being a news reporter is a goal she’s been working on since the eighth grade. So when a series of bizarre school pranks happens, Valerie thinks she may have struck reporter gold. The first and second pranks seem harmless but the third one hints at more sinister things to come, and they are all signed by MP. Who or what is MP?
Giselle
Aug 03, 2012 Giselle rated it liked it
Shelves: ebook, arc, contemporary
As an avid reader of mysteries and thrillers, and after really enjoying Carol's other novel, Dancergirl --Circle of Silence's companion--, this one has been high on my anticipated reads of the year. Regardless of me giving it a 3-star rating, I did truly enjoy it, where it lost its flair on me is on a more individual standpoint which may not be of concern for most readers.

For one, I felt very distant from out protagonist, Valerie. The journalism aspect is interesting, but I felt like some of th
Mands
4.5

Circle of Silence by Carol M Tanzman is the second book in the WiHi series but can be read as a standalone. Set at Washington Irving High School in Brooklyn Heights, Circle of Silence focuses on high school journalist, Valerie Gaines. She’s been made producer of a Campus News Crew and is eager to show that she is the right person for the job. When random pranks start occurring at school on Valerie, as well as other students, and things get very serious.

Before requesting Circle of Silence, I
Soma Rostam "IOB"
Sep 08, 2012 Soma Rostam "IOB" rated it it was amazing
I am a huge fan of thrillers and mysteries. I love it when the book makes me think deeply about something, or discover who is behind something. I read so MANY mixed reviews about Circle of Silence, that I just HAD to try it. And proudly, I am on the good side :) By the way, do I have to remind you? I was not paid to write a positive review, all ideas expressed are mine and mine only. Now, for the review...
Valarie Gaines (what a CUTE name!) has always had a dream. To win a scholarship for journ
Kris
Jul 27, 2012 Kris rated it it was amazing
Carol M. Tanzman has a gift for writing contemporary stories that explore the real, gritty side of high school life in a way that keeps the reader captivated and hanging onto her every word. Honestly, I'm not fond of the synopsis. It doesn't capture the thrill and shivers and dread that I felt while reading this book. It doesn't capture the essence of the story as did the synopsis for dancergirl (WiHi #1). However, I had read dancergirl, and I remembered how much I loved that book. With high ...more
Carrie Ardoin
Valerie Gaines is determined to rock her school's airwaves during her senior year. She is a member of the Campus News team, and dedicated to becoming a real life journalist when she gets older. Her concentration is broken when her cheating ex, Jagger, joins her class and she is forced to work with him.

Soon, the Campus News team has lots to report on: a group called MP is pulling ridiculous pranks and defacing school property. But when Val tries to investigate, she gets threatened. Never one to b
Lauren K
Sep 06, 2012 Lauren K rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Valerie Gaines (a.k.a ValGal) has just been appointed producer of the Campus News B Team crew at Washington Irving High and is determined to cover a big story to get her into college. She is thrilled to be teamed up with dedicated students, including her best friend Marci until Jagger, Valerie’s ex-boyfriend makes a late entrance and is also assigned to the B team. Valerie struggles to be indifferent to Jagger’s charm but her desire to succeed in her position pushes her through any unease.

An un
Elora Tocci
Aug 19, 2012 Elora Tocci rated it it was amazing
I couldn't put this book down! The story pulled me in right from the beginning and never let go. I was dying to figure out who secret society MP was (I thought I had it figured out midway through the book, but then I decided I was definitely wrong. Turns out my initial guess was right, even though I ruled it out!). I loved that the story is told from the news team's point of view and MP's point of view -- it keeps the tension going throughout the whole book.

As for the romance aspect of the stor
Michelle (Pink Polka Dot Books)
Valerie is finally getting her chance to run a news crew for Campus News at the H.S. TV station. Also there's the chance to go for that Student Emmy, which would certainly set her apart from other college applicants. And as luck would have it, there's a secret club of students pulling pranks that are becoming more and more dangerous... breaking a story like this would certainly put her ahead right? But then there's the issue of her slacker/cheater-ex being put on her team at the last minute, and ...more
Michelle
Circle of Silence arrived on my desk a while back and I fell in love with the blurb on the back as well as the cover. It drew me in with the promise of suspense and a mystery to unravel. Unfortunately for me I couldn’t drop everything and devour the book as I would have liked so I placed it in the pile, knowing that its time would come, and this week I was finally able to pick it up.

I would have loved to sit and devour Circle of Silence in a sitting but it’s been an extremely hectic week in my h
A Book Vacation
Jul 30, 2012 A Book Vacation rated it it was amazing
This is a highly entertaining, well written mystery novel that kept my attention from start to finish. All the characters were amazing, and I loved trying to figure out the truth behind MP and their pranks, which become more sadistic as they continue. Tanzman really is a gifted storyteller, and I can’t wait to read more by her as I anticipate her other novel, Dancergirl, is probably just as riveting.

I really love Valerie. Yes, she makes a few really stupid decisions all in the name of a story, b
Kim
This book was incredible. I've never really thought of myself as a lover of mystery-thriller books - I've always been so romance and supernatural focused. Not that the books I read don't often involve a mystery, but they're not the main focus. Circle of Silence has definitely changed that for me. A dark, dangerous and twisted mystery story that I just could not put down.

I loved the emotion and action in this book. I was so attached to everyone. After a very shocking scene towards the end of the
Majanka
Book Review originally published here: http://www.iheartreading.net/mini-rev...

A strong heroine in a riveting thriller that kept me on the edge of my seat for the entire duration of the book. Stays true to teen’s voices, and has a realistic main character who struggles with real issues. Suspenseful and atmospheric.
Louisa
Jun 06, 2012 Louisa rated it it was amazing
Oh, this was a great book, lots of mystery, and tinges of romance, and danger, and it's just really good! Really enjoyed it!
Danny
Jun 01, 2012 Danny rated it really liked it
This was a great read!!! The characters were awesome and the plot mysterious enough to keep the pages turning!
:-)
Katya
Well, this was interesting.

I usually have a policy of not requesting arcs of sequels, if I haven't read the first book, but the reason why I haven't picked up dancergirl, the first book in the WiHi series, is because I didn't know any better. But, given what I've seen from this book, I should say the chances of me picking up Carol M. Tanzman's debut novel are pretty high.

Why do I start with this? Well, because my reviews are repetitive as all Hell and I needed to spice things up a bit.

Right off
Anncleire
Aug 14, 2014 Anncleire rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley, real-life, ya
Anche “Circle of silence” è stato scelto senza leggere la trama, solo dalla copertina che mi aveva incuriosita e come al solito mi sono gettata nella lettura col galley in scadenza quando mancava pochissimo prima che la licenza espirasse. Ma sono contenta di averlo letto, perché è raro che mi sbagli su una trama.

Valerie, aka Valgal, sta iniziando il suo senior year e il suo sogno è quello di lavorare in una redazione giornalistica televisiva. È per questo che segue il corso di televisione e non
Annabelle Marie Veronica
***FINAL RATING: 2.70 STARS***

CATCHALL
I didn't like Circle of Silence quite as much as I loved dancergirl (ack!), which was a shame. dancergirl really drew me in with it suspenseful plot and fun, easily lovable characters. Circle of Silence wasn't like that for me. The mystery was lackluster, and the characters weren't nearly as likable. While I definitely really liked it to a point, it's not a favorite. Circle of Silence was missing some things for me.

THE HEROINE
VAL
I didn't really connect t
Kate Westrum
While reading Circle of Silence by Carol M. Tanzman, I could not help but feel disappointed. Valerie Gaines, the main character, is a senior Campus News reporter at Washington Irving High School. When all she wants is a big break for a piece in the broadcast, a top-secret someone, or group, MP (we later find that MP stands for merry pranksters), starts pulling pranks at the school-some not so innocent- she takes it upon herself to figure out who is responsible for doing these things.
While I rea
Nazish Ahmed (Nazish Reads)
To view the full post and other reviews, click here WiHi: Book 2 Circle of Silence by Carol M. Tanzman

Gore: no
Magic: no
Romance: yes

Action: This one is hard to say, so I'm not going to rate it this time.
Pacing: 4 stars
Plot: 4 stars

I finished reading this book on Monday, and wrote this review on Friday, July 13.

After reading Solstice for a blog tour, I needed a non supernatural read as a break, so I checked my netgalley account to see which books I have that I didn't review, I decided to read thi
Danica Page (One Page at a Time)
My Rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars.

Disclaimers: I received a temporary e-galley from the publisher via Netgalley in exchange for my honest review.

My Overall Thoughts/Impressions: I didn't know this was a sequel until I had finished reading this one so you can definitely read it as a stand-alone novel.

I'll admit to being curious to see what happens in the first one now. I'll have to go back and read that one.

But let's get into what I thought of this book. I picked it up because it was a bout journal
Starr
Oct 29, 2012 Starr rated it liked it
I received a copy of this digital galley, free, in exchange for my honest opinion.
Goodreads Summary: The biggest story of my life could be how it ends. It’s my turn to run a Campus News crew, and I’ve put together a team that can break stories wide open. And Washington Irving High has a truly great one to cover, if only we can find a lead. A secret society has formed in our school. It announced its presence with pranks: underwear on the flagpole, a toilet in the hallway, cryptic notes. A circle
Chapter by Chapter
Aug 12, 2012 Chapter by Chapter rated it really liked it
I felt like a true Nancy Drew while I was reading Circle of Silence by Carol M. Tanzman…minus the actual grunt work. Ok, ok…more like a behind the scenes Nancy Drew…

Beginning senior year, main protagonist, Valerie Gaines, is planning to finish of her high school Media career as Producer of Campus News. Luckily, or unluckily, for her a new story seems to surface involving a group of misfits who lovingly call themselves MP who are pulling pranks left, right, and centre. For what reason? To make a
Nina
Jul 27, 2012 Nina rated it really liked it
Circle of Silence is a companion novel to dancergrl (my review), with different characters so that it can be read as a standalone, even if Ali from dancergrl does make a brief appearance here too. I did like dancergrl when I read it last year, but Circle of Silence was so much better!

Valerie Gaines lives and breathes for the school newscast “Campus News”, and is set on making her crew the best in school history. Not that much exciting really happens, or at least not until the day Valerie shows u
Ally
Dec 21, 2013 Ally rated it really liked it
Circle of Silence (Why do I think it's Circle of Secrets?) is a mystery book. If you don't know what a mystery book is, please go back to junior high, or whatever school that teaches what-is-a-mystery-book. Okay, I'm getting off tracks. I'll admit it.

Circle of Silence is a short book, around a good two hundred pages. It's not that bad for a paperback book, or at least in my mind. (And I'm sure there's some hardcovers hanging around, but I haven't seen them yet). Anyway, Circle of Silence is an
Sharon
Aug 14, 2012 Sharon rated it really liked it
More of my reviews @ www.obsessionwithbooks.blogspot.com

Circle of Silence is the second book in the WiHi series by Carol M. Tanzman and was kindly provided to me by Harlequin Teen; it was an entertaining, thrilling and suspense filled read which kept me turning the pages.

Valerie ‘ValGal’ Gaines is trying to prove herself worthy of running Campus News at Washington Irving High School by getting the most newsworthy stories and being the best reporter. When a few pranks are pulled by a secret group
roxtao
Jul 28, 2012 roxtao rated it liked it
Circle of silence is mixing the characteristics of the detective fiction with the ones of the young adult literature. Valerie Gaines is a news reporter in her high-school. When a secret society begins to signal their presence by some tricks, Valerie is intrigued by the story and tries to find out who are the clan’s members. But everything happens to quickly, and from the innocent tricks to some fatal initiations, there’s just a tiny step. And the lives of some close friends of Valerie are in ...more
Hannah
May 18, 2012 Hannah rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed dancergirl, so I was very excited for this one. (Cirlce of Silence is the companion to dancergirl - have I mentioned lately that I love companion novels?) Circle of Silence started kind of slow for me, but the rest of the book is just as great as dancergirl!

What I loved most about dancergirl was the creepy atmosphere, so I was a little disappointed to see that lacking in the first half of Circle of Silence. It just didn't seem as menacing and dangerous as dancergirl did - MP (th
Michelle (Much Loved Books)
Jul 12, 2012 Michelle (Much Loved Books) rated it really liked it
The minute I found out about Circle of Silence I knew I had to read it. I really enjoyed Dancer Girl and I like how Circle of Silence is set in the same school. The first pages into the book are the prologue, which grabs your attention from the get go and you HAVE to keep reading to find out what led up to this event.

Valerie Gaines is the protagonist, she is the producer for Team B campus news, and together with her friend Marci, ex boyfriend Jagger and a few other students they produce news seg
Arlena
Author: Carol M Tanzman
Published By: Hanlequin Teen
Age Recommended: YA
Reviewed By: Arlena Dean
Rating: 4

Review:

"Circle of Silence" by Carol M. Tanzman was a second installment of the WiHi series and I thought this was a very intriguing read that I couldn't put down until the end. This was indeed interesting mystery that was thrilling to see how this author was able to tell this story from a 'news team view point and the point of the MP' keeping this going on throughout this novel. This is defin
Teen Book Blog: Circle of Silence by Carol M. Tanzmam 1 9 Oct 27, 2015 02:37AM
  • Confessions of an Angry Girl (Confessions, #1)
  • Narc
  • Owl and the Electric Samurai (Adventures of Owl, #3)
  • Dancing in the Dark
  • Severance (Volition, #2)
  • Reality Ends Here
  • Torn
  • The Fate of the Muse (Marina's Tales, #3)
  • Broken (Broken, #1)
  • Since You Left Me
  • Damn Him to Hell (Saturn's Daughter, #2)
  • The Secret Life of Copernicus H. Stringfellow: Surreptitious Superhero
  • Graffiti Girl
  • Sacrifice (Legacy, #3)
  • Miss World
  • Starring Me
  • Radiate
  • Don't Say a Word
Carol Tanzman is the author of the contemporary YA novels DANCERGIRL and CIRCLE OF SILENCE, published by Harlequin Teen. Her first novel, THE SHADOW PLACE was an ALA Quick Pick book. She is an award-winning theatre director, a nationally recognized arts educator, and has been honored (twice) by the Bravo Awards. She also loves to swing dance!

DANCERGIRL and CIRCLE OF SILENCE are contemporary thrill
More about Carol M. Tanzman...

WiHi (2 books)