Start by marking “Tilting at Windmills” as Want to Read:
Tilting at Windmills

Tilting at Windmills (Linden Corners #1)

This lyrical debut novel celebrates the joys and tears of love lost and found, and of a life renewed--in a most unexpected place. . .

At thirty-four, Brian Duncan has it all. A trendy Manhattan life, a high-powered PR job, and a gorgeous fiancée with an exciting future of her own. Then, in a single moment of deception, Brian's world crumbles. Bitterly betrayed, he decides t
Published September 6th 2011 by Kensington (first published January 1st 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Tilting at Windmills, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tilting at Windmills

Andrea
Nov 20, 2016 Andrea rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I tried reading this a long while back and was unable to get past the first few pages, so when I rediscovered it at my local library for sale (cheap!), I decided to give it another try. Then I started wondering why I had trouble getting into it in the first place. It started out in an intriguing fashion; NYC businessman Brian Duncan living the NY life, complete with a woman he loves. But when an unfortunate event occurs, he leaves his life behind and heads to Upstate NY. I really enjoyed reading ...more
Erica
Feb 17, 2013 Erica rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
I enjoyed this... a quick read, compelling. I appreciated the push and pull of how the main character chose to deal with difficult situations. I tended to agree with the main character far more often than his "helpful friends." I noticed in some other reviews that many people were disappointed by the ending. I personally don't need for everything I read to have a happy ending. So, it didn't bother me.
Desiree
Oct 22, 2012 Desiree rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Even though I won this from a Goodreads give away this could easy be one that I would have bought for my book collection. I am looking forward to reading the other biiks in the series juts in time for the holidays I can't wait. I am just so moved by the story and the characters. It is just a touching love story between a man a woman, and girl, and a windmill. It is just a beautiful touching story that I could not put down.
Cathy
Dec 05, 2015 Cathy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A good book about a young man on the corporate fast track who through a series of circumstances and heart break takes his life a different route. I tend to read sweet and clean books. There was some strong language at the beginning of the book but ironically enough once the story leaves New York the language dissipates. It is a touching read and I like the path the story takes with a widow and her young daughter. Good read. Recommend.
Elaine
Jan 10, 2015 Elaine rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015-challenge
A compelling story that brings the reader into contact with real life people, those who love and those unfortunately who are betrayed.
Human emotions are described with the author's excellent intuition thus forming a bond between the reader and the characters.
A very good read.
Donna
Nov 10, 2011 Donna rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I didn't know much about this book before I started it and I'll acknowledge that it is well-written, but the ending was so upsetting that I couldn't really like it. This is why I primarily read romances, which almost always end on an upbeat.
Donna
I did not think I would like this book but I could not stop reading it. I bought it at our library book sale. I really enjoyed it and would like to read the sequel A Christmas Wish. I was really sad the way it ended.
Vicki Lanzendorf
Finding love after loss is the basis for this story. Starting over, rebuilding. Good, easy read. Somewhat of a surprise "ending", but the story continues in the second book in the series, A Christmas Wish.
Joann
Oct 25, 2012 Joann rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Never read this author before but I loved this book. Really great way of mixing the present & past in a story!
Gloria
May 13, 2015 Gloria rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic read. Page turner. Couldn't put it down. Had to find out what happens next.
Kathy Jund
Feb 12, 2012 Kathy Jund rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Book one in the Connors Corners series!!!
Tammy
Feb 05, 2015 Tammy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this book. The characters I fell in love with as well as the windmill!
Linda Hudson
Linda Hudson rated it it was amazing
Jun 20, 2014
Cathy Albright
Cathy Albright rated it really liked it
Dec 01, 2013
Sjh
Sjh rated it really liked it
Dec 01, 2013
Cary McAllister
Cary McAllister rated it really liked it
Feb 09, 2008
Jackie
Jackie rated it really liked it
Jan 25, 2014
Sherazane
Sherazane rated it really liked it
Oct 11, 2012
Nathangrma
Nathangrma rated it liked it
Dec 29, 2012
Heli
Heli rated it did not like it
Jan 19, 2013
Cindy Myers
Cindy Myers rated it it was amazing
Jan 06, 2013
Lisa Massie Holloway
Lisa Massie Holloway rated it really liked it
Jul 21, 2013
Susan Hart-keuker
Susan Hart-keuker rated it liked it
Dec 27, 2012
Heather
Heather rated it really liked it
Jul 29, 2010
Cgausman
Cgausman rated it really liked it
May 27, 2014
Shirley
Shirley rated it liked it
Sep 28, 2012
Deb
Deb rated it really liked it
Apr 18, 2016
Joy
Joy rated it liked it
Dec 30, 2015
Laurie
Laurie rated it it was amazing
Dec 31, 2015
Jacqueline
Jacqueline rated it it was amazing
Nov 02, 2009
« previous 1 3 4 next »
JOSEPH PITTMAN is the author of the beloved Linden Corners novels, which include TILTING AT WINDMILLS, A CHRISTMAS WISH, A CHRISTMAS HOPE, THE MEMORY TREE, and CHASING WINDMILLS. He is presently at work on future books in the series.

His other novels include WHEN THE WORLD WAS SMALL, LEGEND'S END, and BEYOND THE STORM, which is currently being produced for audio.

He also writes a mystery series feat
More about Joseph Pittman...

Linden Corners (5 books)
  • A Christmas Wish
  • A Christmas Hope
  • The Memory Tree
  • Tilting At Windmills (A Linden Corners Novel)