Start by marking “Pinkalicious: The Princess of Pink Slumber Party” as Want to Read:
Pinkalicious: The Princess of Pink Slumber Party

Pinkalicious: The Princess of Pink Slumber Party (Pinkalicious)

3.8 of 5 stars 3.80  ·  rating details  ·  207 ratings  ·  22 reviews
It's time for a pinkerrific slumber party at Pinkalicious's house! Pinkalicious has invited all her friends, including a dragon to protect the Princesses of Pink.
Published February 21st 2012 by HarperCollins

Rebecca Wilson
Opening: Today we are going to read a book from our class library. It's about a girl who has a sleepover, but one of her friends has a problem. Have any of you had a sleepover before? Were you scared to be away from home? Let's read to find out how our Pinkalicious character helps solve her friend's problem and shows her how true friends help each other.

Opening Moves:
Invite personal connections.
Lay the groundwork for children's understanding of diverse setting and people.

Rational: I will use thi
Emily Rath
I love this series! This particular book was about the sleepover that Pinkalicious and her friends had! While they were doing fun activities though one friend was a little sad; she was homesick. The genre of this story is fantasy and picture book. I rated this book a 5 because of the wonderful story of friendship. Also, because I love all the pink in it! Some common themes of this story are imagination, friendship, and sleepovers. This book would be good for grades K-3.
Margaret
Sleeping away from home might be scary, but pink dragons will protect you. Cute and encouragement for reading for fun. Part of the Pinkalicious: Pink-a-rama and will be included in the Pinkalicious: The Pinkamazing Storybook Collection treasury.

Pinkalicious  The Pinkamazing Storybook Collection by Victoria Kann
Mohammad
The kids found the jokes very amusing and funny in this book (the part when describing the imagined dragon).
Chelsea
This book is adorable! This book is wonderful because it teaches a great lesson and has a great connection to its readers when it discusses the situation of missing home during a sleepover! Many young girls and boys can connect to this problem! The lesson is in the story when the other girls do not make fun of the little girl who is scared, but they make up a magical dragon who will watch over them while they sleep, to make their friend feel better!! The only reason this book got four stars inst ...more
Maddypictures
Pinkalicious is having a princess-tastic time when her 3 friends come over for a slumber party. They enjoy a game of musical chairs and decorate tiaras together. A meal of "princess and the split-pea soup" Chicken Nuggets a la King and castle cupcakes. A bratty younger brother doesn't deter them from enjoying a pillowfight. Alison is nervous about sleeping over, until Pinkalicious reminds her "a princess faces her perils with strength" In the end, they conjure up a sparkly pink dragon to protect ...more
Rose
Audience: I think this book would work for children around pk-2 grade. Generally, I would think a child at a sleepover might choose the book as it deals with a young girl being afraid of sleeping over a friend's house. I think a teacher might have this in his/her classroom for general reading. It could be a choice on a shelf for a young student during down time.

Appeal: The cover is very bright, thus attracting attention to the child that will pick it up. The book provides options to help a child
Jasmine Olivia
Jasmine loves all the Pinkalicious books! :)
Priya
Mar 23, 2014 Priya added it
loved this book.read it in 4th grade.:)
2G Books
If you could only get one book in the world this should be the book! Pinkalicious by Victoria Kann is a fun book to read. Pinkalicious is about a little girl and she loves pink. She has a sleepover and one of her friends named Allison gets homesick. Pinkalicious makes her feel better. My favorite part was when Pinkalicious hugs Allison to make her feel better. I liked how she was being a good friend to Allison. I give this book 5 out of 5 stars because I like how Pinkalicious was being a good fr ...more
Amalia Ricksecker
PB 26: I like this book. I teaches kids how to read quotes in a story (the characters are speaking to each other for the whole story), and is a fun read a loud (gives you the chance to make up a lot of different voices!).
Nancy Jo Lambert
Pinkalicious took a little warming up to for me. However, now that I have read several, I do find them entertaining. Plus, my daughter loves Pinkalicious and her independent and unique spirit!
Holly Letson
A wonderful story of friendship and imagination, which involves helping one friend come out of her shell, this Pinkalicious story is about princesses and dragons.
Gary Masskin
More interesting than your average school reader but not overly strong if you're reading it as a picture book.
Alicia
A little choppy in plot, even for a beginning reader. Young readers will love the subject matter.
Lyn
I really liked it because Allison got help from Pinkalicious.
Ann
Feb 11, 2013 Ann rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: jp-2013
Getting ready for my Pinkalicious Party!!!
Shelli
This Pinkalicious was just kind of .... dumb. :(
Brandi Streeval
read this to my daughter very cute
Gail
Just cute.
PWRL
Jul 22, 2013 PWRL marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2013-new
E
Anmol Kamble
Anmol Kamble marked it as to-read
Feb 28, 2015
Maranda Heltenberg
Maranda Heltenberg marked it as to-read
Feb 21, 2015
  • Fancy Nancy: The Dazzling Book Report
  • What Is a Princess? (Disney Princess)
  • Biscuit Wins a Prize
  • I Like Bugs
Victoria Kann is the award-winning illustrator and author of the picture book series featuring the whimsical and effervescent character Pinkalicious. Victoria coauthored and illustrated the first two books, Pinkalicious and Purplicious. In addition, she cowrote Pinkalicious: The Musical and wrote and illustrated the #1 New York Times bestsellers Goldilicious and Silverlicious. Currently she is wor ...more
More about Victoria Kann...

Pinkalicious (1 - 10 of 27 books)
  • Pinkalicious
  • Pinkalicious: Tickled Pink
  • Pinkalicious and the Pink Drink
  • Pinkalicious and the Pink Pumpkin
  • Pinkalicious: Pink of Hearts
Pinkalicious Purplicious Goldilicious Silverlicious Pinkalicious: School Rules!