1Q84, #1

1Q84, #1 (1Q84 #1)

3.91 of 5 stars 3.91  ·  rating details  ·  19,512 ratings  ·  543 reviews
Bog 1
april–juni 1984

"Lad Dem ikke narre af det ydre."

Med den sætning åbner Haruki Murakami denne første bog af sit romanværk i tre bøger, '1Q84'. Et værk, hvis kerne er en kærlighedshistorie i slægt med de store klassikere; to elskende, som mere eller mindre ubevidst leder efter hinanden.

Tengo er en ensom mand med forfatterdrømme, og når han ikke underviser i matematik, sk...more
Published September 29th 2011 by Klim (first published May 29th 2009)

Taka
Awesome--

I don't know how he does it, but it's good. Really, really good. I was sucked into it from the very beginning and had a hard time putting it down. I can't wait to read the next volume.

Here, you'd see the master at work. His signature surrealism is there, as well as parallel narratives like in Hardboild Wonderland and the End of the World and Kafka on the Shore.

But Murakami does something new in this book. It's told in the third person point of view. And - get this - one of the main char...more
Darya Conmigo
The more I read Murakami, the more I understand that there are books that are about literature and then there are books that have nothing to do with literature as such. Books that aren't so much of story, character development or wording - although there is that, too - as they are little anti-death pills. You turn the last page, and for a little while your whole body, every single cell of it, remembers about its immortality. Let me try this another way: reading a Murakami book is like diving int...more
Kim
Jul 14, 2010 Kim added it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2010
Ik was bang, erg bang. Haruki Murakami beschouw ik als een van mijn favoriete schrijvers, en kort voor het officieel uitkomen van dit boek was daar plots die nare review van Peter Steinz: hij vindt 1q84 een grote teleurstelling, het papier niet waard. Oh, en hij zal boek drie absoluut niet lezen. Dus, ik was bang.

De officiële omschrijving van dit boek is vrij kort, vrij vaag: Aomame is fitnessinstructrice en moordenares. Tengo is wiskundeonderwijzer en ‘ghostwriter’. In het begin is je niet duid...more
Maria João Fernandes
Ano: 1984

AOMAME significa Ervilha Verde, nome que a atormentou ao longo da sua vida. Tem 30 anos, 1 metro e 68 centímetros de altura e não possui uma grama de gordura a mais no seu corpo musculado. O único pormenor que destoa a sua perfeição física são as suas orelhas, que diferem na forma e no tamanho: a orelha esquerda é muito maior e um pouco deformada. Contudo, na maior parte do tempo está escondida pelo seu cabelo.Apesar da sua beleza, é desprovida de expressões faciais e, por esta razão, o...more
Antonina Sh
OK, it IS crazy. But Murakami-crazy, which means it's crazy-good!
Couldn't put it down, finished it in about 4-5 days, which already says a lot.

Пытаться писать отзыв о книгах Мураками - бесполезная затея для меня. Настолько они атмосферны. Их скорее ощущаешь, чем понимаешь. Не могу сказать - хорошо конкретно это и это. Могу сказать - Мураками пишет в каком-то другом измерении и поэтому мне близок. Потому что видимо я живу где-то в этом же измерении.
Непонятные мистические связи между причинами и...more
Albert
Double-sided stories are typical Murakami. We've already experienced this kind of Geminian adventures while reading "The end of the world & hardboiled wonderland" ... but this time it came as a Re-masterized 2010 story located in a unexisting 2-moon earth in 1984! Book # 1 happens to be an introduction to this sort of world, which at first seems to be the same old same we are used to live in, but as time passes, we find Aomame & Tengo inmersed in a sort of Orwellian1894 planet!
René
Jul 11, 2012 René rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: people who feel that there are subtle signs that the world we live in is not the real one
It helps to know a little about Murakami to properly appreciate this novel. I’m not versed in lit-crit, but I believe this is called “context”, or as the French say, “texte con” (if you are a grad student reading this thousands of years from now, please note that that was a joke and do not spawn silly theories on historically alternative meanings of the word “con”).

Murakami is a seasoned and dedicated runner, and draws many parallels from his joint universes of running and writing. In distance r...more
Anja Weber
Mystery but so fascinating in the world of two moons. The age of Big brother and Liberal capitalism is visible in life of alienated people, alienated spaces, roads with no end..World in which is survival very hard because humans does not posses emotions just pure, strong animal will for power build in some strange, secret organizations. Truth about cloned society in doll of air ans mother and her child is really as something what maybe exist beyond next corner.
In such world love exist between tw...more
Inês
Estou entusiasmada a ler este novo romance de Murakami dividido em 3 livros. O primeiro volume manteve-se dentro daquele tipo de narração de Murakami que eu gosto - a mais normal, sem pessoas a arrancar a pele a outras pessoas ou gatos abertos ao meio.
A história é intrigante mas não é completamente disparatada. Quer dizer, abriram-se portas para aparvalhar no segundo volume mas vou esperar que não seja levado ao extremo.
A diferença entre este livro e o Norwegian Wood de que eu tanto tinha gosta...more
Charles Liu
Murakami's first book to the 1Q84 series took most of the time to establish the setting and characters. The general plot development picks up sluggishly and occasionally, as I read Murakami's florid descriptions, I am left questioning, "What does this have to do with the overall storyline?" In addition, the format of alternating chapters can be quite exciting or tedious at certain periods. There will be times when both chapters have interesting events occurring at the same time, which makes the...more
Tatsuru
I can imagine there are avid Murakami readers who are eagerly waiting to have this book translated to English. It's good. From a personal standpoint, it talks of Kingdom come and Witnesses and neithless to say it definetely caught my attention, but I can see that this book would relate to many others in different aspects of the characters involved. I only wish to see that the English one comes out as soon as possible.
Leonard Gaya
1Q84, Livre 1 présente les récits parallèles de Aomamé et Tengo, deux personnages qui semblent ne rien avoir de commun : la première est une tueuse à gage, le second est un écrivain en mal d'inspiration. Mais plusieurs indices au long du roman nous laissent comprendre que leurs destins sont mêlés de manière obscure. Quel est le lien entre Fukaéri, jeune romancière énigmatique dont Tengo récrit le livre, et les victimes de violences masculines ou sectaires que Aomamé se charge d'envoyer "dans l'a...more
GoodReadsAccount
Picked this up during my recent commitment to read more fiction. I haven't the foggiest idea why this book is so popular, or widely read. It's ill written, logically fallacious, and almost none of the events in the first couple hundred pages of this book are even remotely plausible. Wanted to throw the book across the room around the time the female protagonist assassinates someone by inserting a syringe into his brain stem at the 'perfect angle'. Blah.

This guy loves finding obscure and unknown...more
Bogdan
I do not consider myself a fan of magical realism, but if we take them separately, I am a big fan of postmodernist realism and I appreciate the masterpieces of fantastical genre. As I noticed the recent marketing campaign for Haruki Murakami, the fact that he got more and more readers and that I did not read too many Japanese authors, I thought I will give it a try. I will say from the beginning that it wasn't that bad. Haruki's style is accessible, characters are intriguing and the fantastical...more
Sugandha Dhar
On the politics of time and memory: Haruki Murakami's "1Q84"

Most people do not or simply cannot read a 1000 page novel in a couple of nights mainly because of certain domestic constraints which might include the dogmatic embracement of (i) a british commercial television series, (ii) access to the Internet, (iii) Tutorship responsibilities, (iv) regular bathing habits, or (v) PhD responsibilities where your role does not include getting paid to read books, it would probably be difficult to finis...more
Kallierose
I'm sorry, but I just can't finish it. I'm 500 or so pages into it (out of 900!) and it's like pulling teeth to get myself to sit down and work on it. When reading a book feels like work, it's time to move on.

My New Year's resolution? To stop wasting time on books that I obviously do not like. No matter HOW good everyone else says it is. It's not quite New Year's Day yet, so admittedly I'm starting a little early, but really - this book is killing my love of reading.

It is incredibly repetitive....more
R.
Vous l’avez certainement déjà lu quelque part mais je dois bien m’y résoudre, le pitch est un passage obligé — vous excuserez donc ma concision qui aura l'avantage de ne pas trop en révéler sur l'histoire. Ce livre met en scène deux personnages. Un homme, Tengo, qui est un professeur de mathématiques qui écrit des romans. Une femme, Aomamé, qui est un professeur d'arts martiaux qui tue des gens — pas comme Bruce Lee, elle possède une technique bien particulière. Je vous épargne l'histoire de la...more
Rafal Jasinski
Murakami, to dla mnie sprawdzona "marka". W "1Q84" autor nieśpiesznie zarysowuje fabułę, niemal niczego wprost nie zdradzając i pozostawiając wiele, bardzo wiele naszym domysłom. Wnioski, które wyciągamy przyprawiają o niepokojący dreszczyk, a masa niedomówień, z którymi pozostajemy pod koniec tomu pierwszego zwiększa apetyt na więcej, do nieomal nieznośnego poziomu. To malutkie, upchane poniekąd między wierszami elementy niesamowitości w realnym świecie, w połączeniu z niepewnością względem teg...more
Kim Miner Litton
I was told that, to keep my moral up, I should count reading this hefty book as 3 books, since that is how it was originally published, rather than as one. I have now finished book one, which by American standards could not be called a stand alone book, but a long first act with diligent introductions.

I'm compelled to read on with this book, which is always a good sign, but there are red flags, the same I've read in other reviews. The detail by which things are described and the pace are complet...more
Krvava Meri
Po prebrani prvi knjigi v trilogiji lahko rečem, da je Norveški gozd dobil resno konkurenco v natečaju za najljubše Murakamijevo delo. Čisto sem prevzeta. V zgodbo sem padla tako globoko, da jo sanjam v popoldanskih dremežih in ponoči opazujem luno, da ugotovim, v katerem svetu sem, 2014 ali 2Q14.

Resnično vrhunsko napisano, noben drug pisatelj me ne more s svojimi besedami odpeljati v sanjave meglice fantazije, kot to uspeva gospodu Murakamiju.
Sugar
As always an amazing book of Murakami, with many puzzle pieces, connected with strange links together, but not complete, illogical in some places and confusing - which is however the aim. It`s a labyrinth inside labyrinth, complicated structure and very widely spread story, not as his previous novels. Some points I disliked:

I. the unclear references spread around without connection and arising many questions but no answer. (which was the aim)
II. The hard story too full of "violence" and some irr...more
Johannes DB
een belofte van een goed(e) boek/reeks. Minder goed dan ander werk van hem dat ik gelezen heb, maar een goed fundament waarop een heel goede reeks geschreven kan worden.

grootste minpunt: teveel onnodige herhalingen. Misschien zijn deze herhalingen wel nodig voor zij die het boek voor lange tijd aan de kant leggen, maar (pluspunt) Murakami's stijl leent zich wederom niet voor langdurige pauzes. Vlot en verslavend zoals altijd.
Cathy
1Q84 de Haruki Murakami debruça-se sobre duas pessoas que vivem em Tóquio em 1984. Aomame é uma mulher independente, que acredita a justiça privada é a única solução para alguns casos mais extremos. O outro, Tengo Kawana, é um professor de matemática com um elevado isolamento social que aspira a escrever um romance memorável. Neste mini-resumo dos personagens principais consegue-se perceber como são pouco plausíveis. Esse sentimento estende-se também aos personagens secundários.
As personagens sã...more
Wilmjan van den Elsen
Ik ben een fan van Murakami's schrijfstijl en ik vond dit een heel mooi boek om te lezen. Het sleepte me in de imaginaire wereld van 1q84 en liet me niet meer los.
Kate
This is a strange and brilliantly engrossing story. I really enjoyed it, and thought the language and writing was lovely. I can’t remember a book where I’ve found so many passages with memorable quotes. It’s a very surreal tale, and by the end it wasn’t absolutely clear exactly what is going on in terms of the two major characters. I can’t wait to see what happens in the next book.

The two main narratives follow Aomame and Tengo. For a while they seem totally unrelated, and I kept wondering if an...more
Ângelo
Este livro inicia com Aomame (personagem central de uma das estórias, o nome, como explicado no livro, desta personagem significa ervilha verde) presa num monumental engarrafamento numa autoestrada de Tóquio, vai de táxi para um compromisso importantíssimo ao tomar consciência que não o conseguirá aceita a sugestão do taxista em sair da autoestrada, a pé, por uma saída de emergência e depois seguir seu caminho de comboio. Esta aparente inocente instrutora de artes marciais esconde em si uma assa...more
Ans Luiken
Cover:

hier staat de titel van het boek.
1Q84 , niet te verwarren met het cijfer 1984.
Het gaat om een trilogie uit 2009.

Er zijn drie hypotheses rond de titel van het werk. Volgens de eerste, en de meest verspreide, gaat het om een verwijzing naar de roman 1984 van George Orwell. In Japan wordt de letter "Q" uitgesproken als kjoe, net als in het Engels, en klinkt het cijfer "9" als "kyū". Een tweede hypothese is een verwijzing naar de novelle Het ware verhaal van A Q van Lu Xun, terwijl het volg...more
Lett'
Je remercie le match littéraire de Priceminister pour m’avoir offert ce livre. Moi, qui ne connaissait pas Murakami, j’ai découvert son talent grâce à ce livre pleins de qualités, qui ne comporte aucun bémol, c’est vraiment le COUP de COEUR de l’année ! Faire une chronique sur cette lecture c’est difficile, mais je vais essayer.

Tout d’abord, on parle de l’écriture vraiment délicieuse, une écriture qui coule à flot, qui ne comporte aucun problème, on aperçoit le style d’écriture exceptionnel même...more
Ria
Γιώτα Παπαδημακοπούλου
Ο Haruki Murakami είναι ίσως ο δημοφιλέστερος Ιάπωνας λογοτέχνης των ημερών μας και τα βιβλία του γίνονται best-sellers, από την πρώτη κι όλας μέρα κυκλοφορίας τους καθώς, οι φανατικοί του αναγνώστες του, είναι αναρίθμητοι. Όμως και στη χώρα μας οι θαυμαστές του δεν είναι λίγοι και οι εκδοτικοί που διεκδικούν κάθε νέο του βιβλίο, δεν είναι ούτε ένας, ούτε δύο. Έτσι λοιπόν, έπεσαν κορμιά στη μάχη της απόκτησης του πιο πρόσφατου έργου του, της τριλογίας που ακούει στον τίτλο, "1Q84", τα δικαιώματα...more
  • Haruki Murakami and the Music of Words
  • Be With You
  • Manazuru
  • Forbidden Colors
  • Döden (Torka aldrig tårar utan handskar, #3)
  • Twinkle Twinkle
  • Brobyggarna
  • The Setting Sun
  • The Hunting Gun
  • Strangers
Haruki Murakami (Japanese: 村上 春樹) is a popular contemporary Japanese writer and translator. His work has been described as 'easily accessible, yet profoundly complex'. He can be located on Facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/harukimuraka...

Since childhood, Murakami has been heavily influenced by Western culture, particularly Western music and literature. He grew up reading a range of works by Am...more
More about Haruki Murakami...
Norwegian Wood Kafka on the Shore The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle 1Q84 (1Q84, #1-3) Hard-Boiled Wonderland and the End of the World

“Most people are not looking for provable truths. As you said, truth is often accompanied by intense pain, and almost no one is looking for painful truths. What people need is beautiful, comforting stories that make them feel as if their lives have some meaning. Which is where religion comes from.” 216 likes
“If you never noticed, it never happened.” 125 likes