Start by marking “If Wishes Were Husbands ” as Want to Read:
If Wishes Were Husbands

Read Excerpt

If Wishes Were Husbands

When Rachel invents the perfect husband, she thrills her friends with tales of his wonderful cooking, enthusiasm for housework and amazing sex! Until her invention takes on a life of its own and her fantasy husband appears on her sofa. Suddenly married to a man with only three things on his mind, she finds out why you should be careful what you wish for.Elizabeth Kyne has ...more
Published 2011 by Elly Books

To ask other readers questions about If Wishes Were Husbands, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about If Wishes Were Husbands

Morgan
Aug 16, 2014 Morgan rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
DID NOT FINISH AT 30%

I won a copy of this book through a Goodreads Giveaway. The blurb on the back made it seem promising as well as the first couple of chapters. Unfortunately, I only made it about 30% of the way in before I had to give up.

The premise of the book is that Rachel dreams up her perfect man, telling her friends she's married to him and all of his excellence to complete the lie. Then he magically appears. Poof. It's a great tale with lots of potential, if executed correctly. Sadly,
Donna Brown
Jan 10, 2012 Donna Brown rated it really liked it
If Wishes Were Husbands was described to me as a ‘hilarious read’ and though I do like a good rom-com, be it film or book, I’m always a little wary of anything that is described to me as hilarious. Nonetheless, the description for Elizabeth Kyne’s tale seemed genuinely funny so I decided to check it out and I’m so glad I did.

While I’ve yet to read a fiction book that had me rolling in the aisles, this fun and funny read did have me laughing out loud. The concept of a woman somehow magicking up a
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Guilty Pleasures

Rachel Gibbons is tired. Tired of always being the one that everyone talks about, the woman who at 30 isn't married and is only a PA to a finace director. Rachel is just fine with her life, but the constant questions and stares are enough to make her scream. With one little white lie, Rachel will set her whole world on it's ear. But when the lie takes on a life of it's own, will Rachel see what she has as valuable or will she regret the words that fell from her lips so easily?

Dar
Donna McBroom-Theriot
Jan 27, 2012 Donna McBroom-Theriot rated it it was amazing
If we could have the perfect husband we’ve always wanted, what would we wish for? Rachel made that wish and then began to weave a fairytale. All she really wanted to do was fit in. She was tired of being labeled as a 40 something year old single female who was married to her job. Little did she realize that when she returned home that night, her fairytale would have come to life. Maybe perfect isn’t what we’re dreaming of, that is, until it fads before our very eyes.

Rachel is out with friends on
Doris O'Connor
Jan 01, 2012 Doris O'Connor rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When I read the blurb, I knew I wanted to read this. Ms Kyne is a new author to me and she had me hooked from the minute I started reading. Written in the first person this is a truly entertaining read.

You can't help but like the heroine Rachel. Who hasn't sat in the hair dresser's chair and thought of something interesting to say to all those personal questions. Okay, most of us wouldn't make up a husband, but you can see why Rachel did. Her confusion when she comes home to that made up husband
Kristina Acevedo
It took me a long time to get through this book, but overall, it was a fun and enjoyable read. I had a little bit of trouble keeping up with the whirlwind emotions of the main character, but then again, in each moment I could relate to why she was feeling the way she did. I particularly liked the idea of the story, and how the main character grew from her experience.
Megan
Nov 02, 2011 Megan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I discovered this book on good-reads and as soon as I read the blurb about it I added it to my to-read pile. I thought it was a really cute and funny story. It is about a girl named Rachel who is tired of telling everyone she is single so instead she makes up a fake husband who then shows up at her house one night.
Helen
Jul 19, 2014 Helen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received this book through a goodreads giveaway.

I really enjoyed this book, I loved how she wished and it 'came true' it was a wonderful story of knowing things might not always be greener and I felt a real connection to the characters. :)

I will go on to read more by the Author.
Katherine
great book, it made me cry near the end.
Victoria
Victoria rated it it was ok
Nov 13, 2011
Lola
Lola rated it did not like it
Jun 15, 2012
AnushaBudhavarapu
AnushaBudhavarapu rated it it was amazing
May 18, 2016
Tara
Tara rated it it was ok
Jul 13, 2014
Joetta
Joetta rated it it was ok
Jul 28, 2014
Lisa
Lisa rated it liked it
Nov 17, 2011
Zachary Harless
Zachary Harless rated it it was amazing
Jun 22, 2015
Brittany
Brittany rated it it was ok
Nov 16, 2011
Jessica Robison
Jessica Robison rated it it was ok
Dec 23, 2015
Sebastian Wood
Sebastian Wood rated it it was amazing
Jan 27, 2012
Molly Vercillo
Molly Vercillo rated it really liked it
Nov 02, 2011
Jaime Ambrose
Jaime Ambrose is currently reading it
Oct 16, 2011
Soheil Adeli
Soheil Adeli is currently reading it
Oct 17, 2011
Mas
Mas is currently reading it
Oct 17, 2011
Diyana
Diyana is currently reading it
Oct 18, 2011
Maureen Reil
Maureen Reil marked it as to-read
Lorian Jones
Lorian Jones marked it as to-read
Sabrina
Sabrina marked it as to-read
Pamela
Pamela marked it as to-read
Lana Kamennof-sine
Lana Kamennof-sine marked it as to-read
Melanie McCullough
Melanie McCullough marked it as to-read
Joanne
Joanne marked it as to-read
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
Louis
Louis marked it as to-read
Shahrun
Shahrun marked it as to-read
Emily
Emily marked it as to-read
Sanjana
Sanjana marked it as to-read
Tonya
Tonya marked it as to-read
Sara
Sara marked it as to-read
Tracy Holder
Tracy Holder marked it as to-read
Nov 01, 2011
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Jessica Buike
Jessica Buike marked it as to-read
Ashley-Marie
Ashley-Marie marked it as to-read
Melissa
Melissa marked it as to-read
Jennifer Ware
Jennifer Ware marked it as to-read
MountainMouse
MountainMouse marked it as to-read
Susan (susayq ~)
Susan (susayq ~) marked it as to-read
Nicole Gay
Nicole Gay marked it as to-read
Melissa
Melissa marked it as to-read
Lynda
Lynda marked it as to-read
Nov 02, 2011
  • Meatless Meals for Meat Eaters: Over 150 Delicious Recipes
  • Winning Mr. Wrong
  • The Cinderella Blues
  • Follow My Lead: What Training My Dogs Taught Me about Life, Love, and Happiness
  • The Forced Redundancy Film Club
  • What the Dog Ate
  • Maid of Honor
  • Dog House: A Love Story
  • Objects of Affection
  • Scrappy Cupcake Angels (Wattle Lane, #1)
  • Simply from Scratch
  • Rum Punch Regrets
  • Daisy
  • The Book Lover
  • Stockings and Cellulite
  • Absolute Obsession (The Absolute Series, #1)
  • Keeper by Surprise
  • The Davis Years
Elizabeth Kyne is a former pen name for Jane Killick

For more details about why I dropped my pseudonym, see this blog post

More about Elizabeth Kyne...