The Temporary Mrs. King

The Temporary Mrs. King (Kings of California #10)

3.78 of 5 stars 3.78  ·  rating details  ·  154 ratings  ·  11 reviews
It doesn't take long for Sean King to realize he's in trouble. Despite the idyllic setting and the exquisite contract bride, his marriage to Melinda Stanford is meant to be strictly business. Pure profit is his for the taking. All he has to do is marry the boss's granddaughter—and keep his hands off his sexy new wife.

Melinda had made the rules, but now her marriage seems a...more
Published November 29th 2011 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The Temporary Mrs. King, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Temporary Mrs. King

Saly
This was so much enjoyable than the last King book.
What I found funny was the first chapter when Melinda just walks up to Sean and proposes marriage and Sean is befuddled.

Loved the sexual tension between these two and both of them had to get over the past, Melinda over what she thought was the perfect love and Sean over his crappy childhood and college experience.

These two were pretty good.
Susan
I sure do love these King men. They all seem to start out cynical and anti-love, then meet the woman who educates them. In this case, both Sean and Melinda have something they want, and make a deal to get it. Both have issues in their pasts that make them unwilling to take a chance on love. The more time they spend together, the hotter they are for each other, but neither wants to admit that love is also there. I loved the conclusion, and seeing more of the King family is always a plus. I sure h...more
Kaycee Sapinoso
This one was s bit different from the usual marriage of convenience storyline with well rounded characters.

Melinda Standford and Sean Kings were well suited to each other. Both determined, stubborn, and both willing to do anything to get what they want.

I loved how the relationship developed between them. The chemistry was undeniable. But can a marriage of convenience end happily ever after? I don't want to give away the whole story so I won't go into details. You have to read it yourself to find...more
Silver James
The Temporary Mrs. King I always enjoy Ms. Child's voice, whether she's writing Harlequin Desires or snappy paranormal single titles. Her Kings of California is a favorite series and I always snatch up the latest, even if I don't always read them in order. My bad. Sean King is a man with a chip on his shoulder and a real aversion to involvement. He's handsome, charming, rich. Not bad for a kid from a dysfunctional childhood. Sean is on a private island in the Caribbean to make a land deal no one...more
Wendy
THE TEMPORARY MRS. KING is a marriage of convenience story and a great one. What starts out as just a business deal for both Sean and Melinda. The sparks fly immediately but neither wants to admit there could actually be sparks or rather that the sparks could mean more than lust. The story is engaging fast paced and fun. This is part of Mrs. Child's Kings of California series and if you've read these books before you know the King men are something else. If you are a fan of quick reads and of co...more
Jasey
Fanniny Moreno Zavaleta
3.5 stars, there were a few details I didn't like :s
Renata
An relatively minor plot point, but I loved the fact that Melinda was a jewelry designer. I would have loved to see Child delve into that reality a bit more and perhaps romanticize the Tesoro topaz further. I don't know why, but the artistic nature of Melinda's pursuit made the book that much more magical for me.
KateCarlisle
So good! Sean King has the same killer business instincts as his brothers (and every one of the fabulous King men), but he's just so wonderfully easygoing!
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Kings of California
PWRL
Aug 12, 2013 PWRL marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013-new
A
Znkmek
Znkmek marked it as to-read
Sep 18, 2014
Kathryn White
Kathryn White marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2014
Breanne
Breanne marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2014
Valeria
Valeria marked it as to-read
Sep 09, 2014
Angie Shorter
Angie Shorter marked it as to-read
Sep 08, 2014
Angala
Angala marked it as to-read
Sep 04, 2014
Liz Beth
Liz Beth marked it as to-read
Sep 02, 2014
Andreea
Andreea marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2014
Leafherder
Leafherder marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2014
Mandy
Mandy marked it as to-read
Aug 01, 2014
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2014
Raji Nair
Raji Nair marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2014
  • Billionaire's Jet Set Babies
  • The Millionaire Meets His Match (Duke Brothers #1)
  • His Marriage to Remember
  • Her Little Secret, His Hidden Heir
  • To Touch a Sheikh (Pride of Zohayd, #3)
  • Nothing Short Of Perfect
  • Caroselli's Christmas Baby (The Caroselli Inheritance #1)
  • What Lies Beneath
  • Marriage with Benefits
  • The Unexpected Millionaire (The Million Dollar Catch #2)
USA Today best selling author Maureen Child is the author of more than ninety romance novels and novellas. Maureen is a five time nominee for the prestigious Rita award from Romance Writers of America.
One of her novels, A Pocketful Of Paradise, was made into a CBS-TV movie called The Soul Collector, starring Melissa Gilbert, Bruce Greenwood and Ossie Davis.
Over the years, she’s written under lot...more
More about Maureen Child...
Baby Bonanza Bargaining for King's Baby (Kings of California, #1) Wedding at King's Convenience (Kings of California, #6) Bedeviled (Queen of the Otherworld, #1) Beauty and the Best Man (Dynasties: The Lassiters)