Start by marking “The Temporary Mrs. King (Kings of California, #11)” as Want to Read:
The Temporary Mrs. King (Kings of California, #11)

The Temporary Mrs. King (Kings of California #11)

3.83  ·  Rating Details  ·  213 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
It doesn't take long for Sean King to realize he's in trouble. Despite the idyllic setting and the exquisite contract bride, his marriage to Melinda Stanford is meant to be strictly business. Pure profit is his for the taking. All he has to do is marry the boss's granddaughter—and keep his hands off his sexy new wife.

Melinda had made the rules, but now her marriage seems a
Published November 29th 2011 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The Temporary Mrs. King, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Temporary Mrs. King

Saly
This was so much enjoyable than the last King book.
What I found funny was the first chapter when Melinda just walks up to Sean and proposes marriage and Sean is befuddled.

Loved the sexual tension between these two and both of them had to get over the past, Melinda over what she thought was the perfect love and Sean over his crappy childhood and college experience.

These two were pretty good.
Susan
Nov 07, 2011 Susan rated it it was amazing
I sure do love these King men. They all seem to start out cynical and anti-love, then meet the woman who educates them. In this case, both Sean and Melinda have something they want, and make a deal to get it. Both have issues in their pasts that make them unwilling to take a chance on love. The more time they spend together, the hotter they are for each other, but neither wants to admit that love is also there. I loved the conclusion, and seeing more of the King family is always a plus. I sure h ...more
Trish R.
Feb 18, 2015 Trish R. rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So, I just hate when someone is mourning someone who’s dead and refuses to let go of that person. It’s like they feel the need to worship at that dead person’s alter. It’s like they believe that person was perfect and usually that can’t be further from that truth. I mean, Melinda couldn’t even accept her feelings for Sean because of the past. Really? And from her memories of Steven he was nothing but an ass. I’me at 66% now and she’s finally coming around.

That being said, I loved this story. And
Kaycee Sapinoso
This one was s bit different from the usual marriage of convenience storyline with well rounded characters.

Melinda Standford and Sean Kings were well suited to each other. Both determined, stubborn, and both willing to do anything to get what they want.

I loved how the relationship developed between them. The chemistry was undeniable. But can a marriage of convenience end happily ever after? I don't want to give away the whole story so I won't go into details. You have to read it yourself to find
Silver James
The Temporary Mrs. King I always enjoy Ms. Child's voice, whether she's writing Harlequin Desires or snappy paranormal single titles. Her Kings of California is a favorite series and I always snatch up the latest, even if I don't always read them in order. My bad. Sean King is a man with a chip on his shoulder and a real aversion to involvement. He's handsome, charming, rich. Not bad for a kid from a dysfunctional childhood. Sean is on a private island in the Caribbean to make a land deal no one ...more
Wendy
Feb 09, 2012 Wendy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
THE TEMPORARY MRS. KING is a marriage of convenience story and a great one. What starts out as just a business deal for both Sean and Melinda. The sparks fly immediately but neither wants to admit there could actually be sparks or rather that the sparks could mean more than lust. The story is engaging fast paced and fun. This is part of Mrs. Child's Kings of California series and if you've read these books before you know the King men are something else. If you are a fan of quick reads and of co ...more
Jasey
Mar 02, 2012 Jasey rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: harlequin-desire
Fanniny Moreno Zavaleta
3.5 stars, there were a few details I didn't like :s
Renata
Jan 17, 2013 Renata rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
An relatively minor plot point, but I loved the fact that Melinda was a jewelry designer. I would have loved to see Child delve into that reality a bit more and perhaps romanticize the Tesoro topaz further. I don't know why, but the artistic nature of Melinda's pursuit made the book that much more magical for me.
Kate Carlisle
Dec 23, 2011 Kate Carlisle rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So good! Sean King has the same killer business instincts as his brothers (and every one of the fabulous King men), but he's just so wonderfully easygoing!
Harlequin Books
Emily
Emily added it
Jul 24, 2016
Brenda Haye
Brenda Haye rated it it was amazing
Jul 20, 2016
Lori
Lori marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2016
Chara
Chara added it
Jun 19, 2016
Alexandra
Alexandra marked it as to-read
Jun 15, 2016
Enaida
Enaida rated it it was ok
May 14, 2016
Marie
Marie rated it liked it
May 13, 2016
Shayna
Shayna rated it it was amazing
May 06, 2016
Irma04
Irma04 added it
May 27, 2016
Bel
Bel rated it liked it
Apr 26, 2016
Julie-ann
Julie-ann rated it liked it
Apr 08, 2016
Natlie Maples
Natlie Maples marked it as to-read
Apr 05, 2016
Maria Clara
Maria Clara marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2016
  • A Very Private Merger (Dynasties: The Kincaids #6)
  • In Bed with the Opposition (Texas Cattleman's Club: The Showdown #6)
  • A Man of His Word (Lawyers in Love, #1)
  • Billionaire's Jet Set Babies (Billionaires and Babies, #20)
  • A Win-Win Proposition
  • On the Verge of I Do (Dynasties: The Kincaids #4)
  • Bought: His Temporary Fiancee (The Takeover #4)
  • What Happens in Charleston... (Dynasties: The Kincaids #2)
  • Lessons in Seduction (Marconi #3)
  • To Touch a Sheikh (Pride of Zohayd, #3)
  • A Touch of Persuasion (Men Of Wolff Mountain #2)
  • The Cowboy's Pride (The Worths of Red Ridge, #2; Billionaires and Babies, #22)
  • How to Seduce a Billionaire (Duke Brothers #3)
  • Exposed: Her Undercover Millionaire (The Takeover #5)
USA Today best selling author Maureen Child is the author of more than ninety romance novels and novellas. Maureen is a five time nominee for the prestigious Rita award from Romance Writers of America.
One of her novels, A Pocketful Of Paradise, was made into a CBS-TV movie called The Soul Collector, starring Melissa Gilbert, Bruce Greenwood and Ossie Davis.
Over the years, she’s written under lot
More about Maureen Child...

Kings of California (1 - 10 of 16 books)
  • Bargaining for King's Baby (Kings of California, #1)
  • Marrying for King's Millions (Kings of California, #2)
  • Falling for King's Fortune (Kings of California, #3)
  • Conquering King's Heart (Kings of California, #4)
  • Claiming King's Baby (Kings of California, #5)
  • Wedding at King's Convenience (Kings of California, #6)
  • The Last Lone Wolf (Kings of California, #7)
  • Cinderella & the CEO (Kings of California, #8)
  • King's Million-Dollar Secret (Kings of California, #9)
  • Ready for King's Seduction (Kings of California, #10)